Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2011 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
On the day Arata leaves... Then end of childhood arc.

She, still B, asked if Taichi received Arata's phone.

She's pissed (and jealous) of a girl meeting Taichi and calling him by nickname. She wants to have karuta club together.

Taichi visiting the karuta place in disguise, and the teacher immediately recognized him.

lol @ screaming while competition to get to A. She's serious about karuta.

Chocolate sign?? And combini not open?? And GODIVA?? lol~ Taichi is so kind.

Her enemy is strong, but she's not weak, either. She won and she went to hug Taichi for doing the club together. Then calls Arata, who is not doing karuta anymore? (doesn't sound like Nezumi in No.6)

PS. the end credit is suitable for making gif! lol~
tsubasaloverOct 25, 2011 9:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 25, 2011 10:44 AM

Jan 2011
The ending is suitable for a GIF, too bad i'm not in the mood to make one. @@

I never though karuta would be this fun. This show is somewhat heartwarming.
Oct 25, 2011 10:47 AM

Jul 2010
GODIVA 20pieces 5,250en (≒$70)...

the episode was interesting. 5/5 9/10
Oct 25, 2011 11:08 AM

Aug 2009
zimno said:

I laughed when the chocolate turned into bills...and then laughed harder a little later on when she was scarfing them down much to Taichi's dismay.

...and what does he mean he doesn't play anymore? huh? Rarely am I this impatient for the next episode to come out; maybe something to do with it having no preview.
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Oct 25, 2011 11:46 AM

Jan 2011
zimno said:

the episode was interesting. 5/5 9/10

Taichi is way too kind.
Oct 25, 2011 12:41 PM
Dec 2007
Best sports anime (or should I say cards anime ?) since Oofuri 2. This episode was out of this world, and finally displayed some really cool shojo vibes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 25, 2011 12:44 PM

Dec 2009
Eehhhhhhh?!!? Arata no longer plays? WT...? Although I feel I should have known there'd be some twist comin' up, I was caught by surprise by this turn of events. X )
I definitely look forward to the next episode!
Oct 25, 2011 12:50 PM

Jun 2011
Next episode arata make an apparance, I think. xD
anyway good episode!
Oct 25, 2011 12:54 PM
Jul 2011
Not as good as pre episodes. Karuta sure is a boring game.
3/5
Oct 25, 2011 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
The ending was so predictable!!!! XDDD

I had a feeling Arata would pull a bitch move and not play karuta anymore! XDD

And Chihaya and Taichi are sooo cute!!! *o*

But idk who to ship in this show! XD
Oct 25, 2011 1:25 PM

Oct 2011
Game part was good, fun to watch :)
Also humor in the series worked

but from the momend she started to call I felt that something bad may happen
and it did
so when will be return of champ? :P

overall, good but weaker than previous
Oct 25, 2011 1:38 PM
Jul 2011
I love this anime for some reason :D
Oct 25, 2011 1:41 PM

Feb 2008
I already knew this kind of stuffs would happend since I have already read the manga.
What I'm surprised already that Chihaya already play in that tournament after Childhood Arc, what a speedy anime.
Or it just feel longer when you reading manga.
I think next episode will cover to Chapter 10 in the manga.
I want to read Chapter 11 so badly but it's not out yet by doing some searching.
What I can say already they can't believe that Arata quiting Kurata of all the love he got from the game, obiously they will do something about it in the next episode.
Do you want to know what happend?
Read the manga.
Since it's only allowed to spoiler from this episode. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 25, 2011 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
Arata, I love your voice, I still love your accent, but too bad, I'm so going to root for Chihaya X Taichi! They just are soo sweet!<3

I just love this series! I love every episode of it, so in order to love it more, I will hold myself for not reading spoilers and the manga! :D

and, I'm glad the seiyu of Arata didn't use the voice he used for Nezumi, because I love his voice more as Shichika! <3
Oct 25, 2011 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
So far the last three episode have been flashback episodes, but they were done well and were enjoyable and good watches. I believe that this should be back to present time, so I'll have to see if they manage to pull this off.

Well that episode was somewhat different than expected, but still good. Starting to dislike the art, or maybe just the way she's drawn, but it's not too bothersome. It appears there's impending drama, which should be cool. Overall, on it's own, it's a pretty good episode. Rating it relative to the previous two, it would be slightly lower, but it's only building the drama in present time. Next episode will probably be better.
mdzOct 25, 2011 4:29 PM
Oct 25, 2011 2:51 PM

Oct 2009
Taichi is so adorbz and sweet ! Arata D: Y u quit Karuta ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)!? Can't wait till next week ^O^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2011 3:07 PM

Feb 2009
What I hate about this anime is that there isn't 'next episode's preview' !
Oct 25, 2011 3:12 PM

Jun 2008
kyaaa, i love Taichi so much, but...Arata is still my fav XD loved every bit of his short sentences loooool. Nezumi~~~

Anyway the emo Arata wont last for long because im sure Chihaya and Taichi are gonna do something about it.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 25, 2011 3:16 PM
Oct 2008
Maybe Arata probably does not want to play anymore, because something bad happened to his grandfather?
Oct 25, 2011 3:25 PM

May 2008
such a lovely anime...

wonder if Arata is also in there high school lol
Oct 25, 2011 3:49 PM
Nov 2009
fuck i hate arata, yea so he stopped playing and thats sad and all but why did he have to be such a fucking bitch about it? why couldnt he just say "Hey there old girl who was the only one that wanted to be my friend when i was a fucking victim in school, nice to hear your voice again. Im sorry but i dont play Karuta anymore but maby we could have some coffe sometime or whatever." but instead he goes "hurr dont u ever call me again whore DURRRRRRR"

autistic retard
Oct 25, 2011 3:50 PM

Apr 2008
Loved the feeling the Chihaya-Taichi-Sensei combi gave off this episode!!!!! All doing a great job but love Mamoru-san in particular. Anyway really looking forward to the next episode! :)
Oct 25, 2011 3:54 PM

Feb 2010
First of all, I freacking love TaichixChihaya and I THOUGHT that ArataxChihaya would've been pretty cute too but BOY has he changed...I mean I can't believe he STOPPED playing.
I'm pretty sure there's a perfectly good explanation for it and I bet it has to do with his grandfather, but I mean, I thought he played because he thought it was FUN?

I don't know, but I'm just saying...anyways, I love Chihaya and MOST heroines are freaking annoying, high-pitched, and they run around like they own the place but I love Chihaya. She makes me smile. :D

Anyways, can't wait for the next episode. I think Arata has some EXPLAININ' to do.
D8
Oct 25, 2011 4:10 PM

Jan 2009
poor taichi he is gonna waste his time with chihaya since she will end up with arata probably...
Oct 25, 2011 4:38 PM

Aug 2010
Arata seems like a bitch now.
Oct 25, 2011 5:00 PM
Jul 2010
I like Taichi a lot more now that he is grown up, so far he hasn't gotten on my nerves. I also like how his girlfriend doesn't appear to be the typical bishoujo, who the MC never feels like she can compete with.

And I love how hard Chihaya is harworking. She loves Kurata and has been so dedicated to becoming better at it since she was a kid. A very likeable heroine I must say. :)
Anyone who is a fantastic gif maker please contact me! ;)
Oct 25, 2011 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
Still rooting for Taichi. woo. Even though Arata seems to be the one Chihaya still cares more about. I feel like I'm starting to fully understand the game now, it seems simple enough, even though I'm probably wrong about a lot of it. :b
Oct 25, 2011 5:25 PM

Feb 2008
About Taichi girlfriend, she was the one that confessed to him and he accepted and go on a date with her even thought he still like Chihaya.
Chihaya is still clueless about love thought, the only she thinks is Kurata.
Thanks for Arata Chihaya become passion in love with Kurata, Taichi begin to regained his love of the game how fun it was to play with his closest friend Chihaya & Arata.
You root for Taichi, this is not a romance anime but still...
I just root for the friendship to be back together soon.

Since they are going to create this Kurata club, guess they will joined tournaments, practice match and so on later!
Arata will be transfer student, this what I believe would happend.
Jeez he wouldn't be one of these main character if he already quit, they will solved problem, friendship bonds don't break that easily.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 25, 2011 5:50 PM

Jun 2011
Those chocolates look delicious. And no! Chihaya! Don't go for that bastard Taichi! D: Arata is such a better pick for you, even if he's a little bit...Weird.
Oct 25, 2011 5:58 PM

Dec 2010
Yes! Finally we see the present them :)

Arata giving up on karuta...I saw that coming but I really want to know the reason why.

Looking forward to next episode.

Oct 25, 2011 6:00 PM

Jan 2011
Can't wait to find out why Arata has quit karuta. Why was his house totally dark? And what was with the jacket that he was wearing? It's going to be a long week until we find out.

Also it looks like Taichi might have a difficult choice to make--does he keep going with his current girlfriend, or does he try to start a relationship with Chihaya?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 25, 2011 6:07 PM

Sep 2008
Taichi, Chihaya is wanting to do what she has to do so she can hear the voice of the world.
That is why she is having so much fun.

Amazing episode as always.
The last moments broke my heart and Arata's voice is like a BOSS.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2011 6:31 PM

May 2011
/rage

That's it! I'm headed to Fukui and bitchslapping some sense into that little shithead.

/end rage

Chihaya is going to do something about this. I'm sure of it.

Who would have thought. I figured Taichi would turn emo and stuff the way his parents acted. But, he still cares for Chihaya and her dreams. It's Arata that turned out that way instead.
Oct 25, 2011 6:31 PM
Jul 2011
I can't emphasize how much I love the music for this show. Apparently, it was the same composer from Digimon Xross Wars.

*Puts Xross Wars in PTW List*

I don't know how to describe the mood of this anime; it's like equal parts Honey & Clover and Kaiji.

I didn't think there would be an anime to beat Fate/Zero, yet here I am refreshing HorribleSubs homepage every 10 minutes waiting for Chihayafuru.
Oct 25, 2011 7:05 PM

Oct 2011
the chocolate sign was awesome, lol
and i really saw it coming, that arata stopped playing karuta, and chihaya x taichi is cute :)
Oct 25, 2011 7:48 PM

Jul 2010
3 things
1. Chihaya(Teen) is a BABE.... yeah.... had to say it.....
2. LOL @ Chocolate Scene, I was like Ohhhhhhmaiiiiiiigawddddddddd NOEZZZZZ when she scarfed them down, my condolences to the empty hole in Taichi's wallet
3. Predictable end where Arata seems to give up Karuta (mainly only way to cause a conflict before a Karuta competition starts up with club) and I'm guessing Arata quit because his grandpa may have died from the hemmohrage or however you spell it. If that is the reason its too bad, but Chihaya is too awesome not to start playing Karuta again with!
Love this anime
Oct 25, 2011 7:58 PM

Jul 2009
another good episode but the ending was HIGHLY predictable. i was a bit disappointed but they really cant make an interesting plot other than what they pulled off.

well i look forward to more episodes nonetheless

torrentsven said:
fuck i hate arata, yea so he stopped playing and thats sad and all but why did he have to be such a fucking bitch about it? why couldnt he just say "Hey there old girl who was the only one that wanted to be my friend when i was a fucking victim in school, nice to hear your voice again. Im sorry but i dont play Karuta anymore but maby we could have some coffe sometime or whatever." but instead he goes "hurr dont u ever call me again whore DURRRRRRR"

autistic retard

LMFAO. this pretty much sums it up.. a bit exaggerated but the merit is still there lol
Oct 25, 2011 9:02 PM

Aug 2010
This show got ten times better when they went back to them being older, and it was already pretty good.
Oct 25, 2011 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
MajorMajorMajor said:
I can't emphasize how much I love the music for this show. Apparently, it was the same composer from Digimon Xross Wars.

*Puts Xross Wars in PTW List*

I don't know how to describe the mood of this anime; it's like equal parts Honey & Clover and Kaiji.

I didn't think there would be an anime to beat Fate/Zero, yet here I am refreshing HorribleSubs homepage every 10 minutes waiting for Chihayafuru.

This, its been a while since I have wanted a anime soundtrack on my iPod so badly.
Can't wait for the release.
Oct 25, 2011 9:38 PM

Jan 2009
I find it funny all the name calling without knowing the circumstances. Someone pointed it out earlier. Look at the state Arata's house was in. It's dark and gives off a depressing atmosphere.
Oct 25, 2011 9:40 PM

Jan 2008
Love Chihayafuru! I don't know who I love more but both Taichi and Arata are cool and great friends of Chihaya. I don't want anything to come between them.

It is kinda obvious this series won't focus heavily on romance but I would love to see some here and there. I actually don't think Taichi is in love with that girl but he could learn to love her eventually especially if he gave up on Chihaya.

Anyway, great episode and cannot wait for more. I hope the manga gets licensed as well.
Oct 25, 2011 9:51 PM

Aug 2008
I really got a sick feeling in my heart when Chihaya called Arata. Somehow I was expecting the worst and now it's been confirmed ;__; Now I'll be wondering all week why. Goddamn you Chihayafuru for being so good.

Also, goddamn Arata. Why you gotta be such an asshole. Your ONLY and FIRST real FRIEND from elementary school calls you up and the only response you could muster was don't ever call me again? Way to be a prick >_>
bendomolenaOct 25, 2011 9:55 PM
Oct 25, 2011 10:09 PM

May 2010
She actually thought someone is stupid enough to spend 3 years of their life on a card game?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 25, 2011 10:12 PM

Jul 2010
Arata is such a jerk in this episode but I already know his reason why he stopped playing karuta.

If only chapter 11 is out already! I wanna read it so bad!
Oct 25, 2011 10:56 PM

Jan 2010
While I'm glad the show has returned to the present, I have mixed feelings about this episode. I felt that the quality of the artwork dropped a bit. Especially Chihaya's face seemed roughly coloured and drawn, which is a bit disappointing given that she's achingly beautiful and that we haven't really seen her for three episodes. But I laughed when Yasuda almost panicked when she caught his eye while he was counting his chickens. His game would have gone completely off if he'd lost himself in her eyes.

The pacing could improve as well. I don't think that I needed to see every single card played in her last game (maybe we didn't see every single one but it sure felt like it). I didn't mind using some of that time for the lengthy exposition while Taichi and sensei watched but it was too much.

It's nice to see that even though the guys have put aside the game, she hasn't changed, and Taichi couldn't help but see that while watching her win the game. Given her passionate nature and how, even while deeply committed to the game, she is instantly jealous when she sees him with a girlfriend, romance will play a role in this show. I can't see how they can avoid it. Taichi holds a torch for her, even if she's clueless about it. She's sort of an original tsun in that she's oblivious to guys and based on the first episode, completely lacking in femininity.

Am disappointed in Arata but maybe he has an excuse for being such a cretin.
Oct 26, 2011 12:08 AM

Sep 2010
I have a feeling I know what they're going to be doing in the coming episodes. I hope I'm wrong because this show would end up becoming too predictable.
Oct 26, 2011 12:54 AM

Apr 2010
fuck you arata. ok fine, you quit kurata, but that doesn't mean you should be a total asshole to the only person who actually tried to be your friend. telling her never to contact you again just because you no longer play kurata is such a dick move.
Oct 26, 2011 1:27 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, it's interesting to see how the tide has turned and the bashing has shifted from Taichi to Arata. XD It's definitely understandable though, given how rude and abrupt Arata's response was when Chihaya called him. :( Like others have commented, the ending was definitely predictable but I just hope that the entire ordeal is resolved in a way that is satisfying and redeems Arata's character! It's taking a lot of will power for me to resist reading the manga but I am definitely going to hold off until the series ends because it will hinder my excitement for each episode! I also hope that the explanation for why Arata quit karuta is satisfying (and not too generic!) and that it comes quickly because I want to see Team Chihayafuru as cute and spirited as they were in elementary school. XD Otherwise, this episode was wonderful and the Taichi x Chihaya scenes were so ADORABLE! Especially the scene when she hugged him (his blushing was super cute!) and when he bought the Godiva chocolates for her. XD Gah, each episode passes by way too quickly; I cannot wait for next week's!! :)
Oct 26, 2011 1:30 AM

Nov 2007
"are your armpits and pubes all bushy now? but not as bushy as your eyebrows"

gee sensei thanks for mentioning taichi's pubes, i ended up thinking about how he's got pink pubes b/c of his hair colour....
Oct 26, 2011 1:48 AM

Jun 2009
The one show I'm actually enjoying this season.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Apr 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.