Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2011 11:44 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The episode starts out strangely as we see Mephisto making a (demonic?) contract with someone who appears to be Leonardo DaVinci back in the 1800s'. After the opening plays, we get right to fighting between Satan and the rest of the cast in the present. As Rin controls flames that completely covers the Gehenna Gate and Yukio and Rin get on Kuro-chan, we see demons have infiltrated the underground 'shelter' and the city that all the other exorcists and citizens/humans are in. And, then, there's lots of brotherly love and fighting with Rin and Yukio as they stab the Gehenna Gate. And, then, everyone rejoices as Satan goes back to Gehenna - or, at least, that's what Rin says. Also, Mephisto remembers the guy who he made the contract with as he looks out to the sky.

And, then, we get a 'month after'. Yes, it was probably a cop-out without any mercy but----------I can't help but to enjoy it. Am I a huge fan girl? Probably. But, the music, events, and even the animation was sweet and I'm glad I watched it because, TO ME, it was a wonderful series.

Until the movie then, Ao No Exorcist. Until the movie.
sillyker0nianOct 2, 2011 1:12 PM
Oct 2, 2011 2:55 AM

Nov 2007
@ above: why do you need to open the topic when it was not aired yet?

Mephisto talking to an old guy who never appeared.

Demons getting in more, and Shiemi woke up.

OnoD's character came to the rescue, followed by the big breast female teacher.

Others finally realized about Shiemi to where Rin is.

Demons got in.

Showing of brotherly love even at dangerous situation, and Kuro joins! Yukio can hear what Kuro said because of demon's power now.

"Magic key"? Konekomaru thought of use of sun. Demons are afraid of the sun.

When Yukio catch Rin's sword and hold Rin's hand, they released blue bird light! So the key to defeat Satan is to put the twin's power together. Mephisto is excited about the power.

Satan and the twin's mother talk...

Rin told Bou that Satan went back and might come back.

That puppet guy is back to talking in puppet!

Mephisto talking about the title to this ep... is it the Father?

Everything back to normal after one month, and Mephisto is back as the leader of the academy. The twin also visited the place where their mother and Satan meeting and where they were born. Yukio doubting if they were worth born, and Rin said such nice thing!

A demon on the transportation?

The info. on the PV about the movie is still not clear...

Kuro no Iede comes out this month, cannot wait!
tsubasaloverOct 2, 2011 4:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 2, 2011 5:34 AM

Jun 2009
like it even soo i wanted too see more action of mephistos sight

the blue phoenix looked damn cool too all in all i ttally love it and hope for more mephisto in the specials ;)
Oct 2, 2011 5:38 AM

May 2010
I demand a REMAKE! XD Following the manga. >.<

Ahhh, 2nd Season PLEASE!!
I need mah weekly RIN ♥
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 2, 2011 6:17 AM

May 2011
a decent ending i suppose. The brotherly flames forming a phoenix or some bird of fire to close the gate and end this once and for all was a bit meh. At least the anime-original ending is finally over. I was touched by how yukio had the key to the door to the shed their mother once lived and that they visited her grave at the cave and place of their birth. and yea what was the point in making the thread even when it hasn't aired.

i suppose ill look forward to the manga continuing but hey at least next week we get Mobile Suit Gundam Age.
Oct 2, 2011 7:30 AM

Feb 2009
Good ending! Less Shiemi and more brothers! I wished they used a bit more Mephisto, but I guess it can't be helped..

I'm kind of sad that Rin never took up his promise to become a paladin.. so this calls for a 2nd season!
Oct 2, 2011 9:23 AM

Jul 2011
Unlike the majority of the episodes, this one was actually watchable (partially due to being carried by mamashiba). The last episode was just so bad, it was the epitome of a cliche shounen anime. However this episode seems to close the "original" season in a decent way, with the possibility of a second season.

However that being said, the majority of the season sucked. The first few episodes showed promise, but it quickly deteriorated due to the sheer number of fillers. Overall, the anime boasted great animation and art for the majority of the episodes, along with great opening and ending themes. However, only 15% of the episodes were actually enjoyable, with the rest being somewhat irritating.

Ao No Exorcist has a poor storyline, probably some of the worst characters imaginable, a decent music score, and great animation/art. It could have easily been a 8+ if a hint of originality was put into it at all.

Therefore, Ao gets a 5/10, however it would have easily been a 7/10 if they killed Shiemi off, she did a fantastic job at making the viewers hate her.
mdzOct 2, 2011 9:53 PM
Oct 2, 2011 9:57 AM
Sep 2010
Not bad, not bad. But man...not really an ending. Mildly anticlimactic.
Oct 2, 2011 10:09 AM

Oct 2010
Ok, so we start with Yukio already back to its normal self and fighting even minutes ago he was posses...
Then gate was flying around like a freaking mothership...

It had some pretty epic scenes, but it felt like a smokescreen for the terrible way they where wrapping things up.

Oh mameshiba.. i will miss you.
huh?
Oct 2, 2011 10:22 AM
Oct 2008
In the ending they wanted to show that everything is like the old days again. Not really good, it would be better if the whole class is part of the ending part and not just Yukio and Rin fighting some vehicle demon.
Oct 2, 2011 10:27 AM
Jul 2009
Eh damn it's like with Soul eater. Great story but made into xx eps with changed plot. I hate this.
xxx
Oct 2, 2011 10:27 AM

Aug 2009
The best thing about this episode was the overload of Mameshiba commercials. The rest was derp.

AoEx was overall a very mediocre anime. The only really good episode was 15. The rest was average till slightly good. It was an enjoyable ride at first, until episode 17 or so. Then things started going downhill. And then it went even more downhill. And then things just got plain shit. The last arc was cringe-worthy, I don't understand how A-1 even dared to release this. The production values also took a dive in the last couple of episodes, it's like they were out of money.
I can't believe Satan was like "HURR DURR, I FELL IN LOVE WITH A RANDOM HUMAN GIRL AND WE PROMISED TO REBUILD THE WORLD, BWAHAHHA EVIL MASTER PLAN DERPHERP". I mean, seriously? It's fucking Satan. Not your average anime villain. Well, A-1 just made him that.
God, such a lame move.

5/10, considering lowering it to a 4. I am NOT looking forward to the movie.

I'm really wondering why A-1 decided to end the anime like this. The first volume sold very well, and I could've kept an open ending so they could make a sequel in the future which would most likely sell just as well. They really are brainless over there at A-1.
Oct 2, 2011 10:34 AM

May 2010
Disappointing ending. o_o' The first few episodes were awesome, and then it went downhill. T_T
The best thing about this show is the soundtrack. I love the music. *_* And I still like Rin, he's cool. XD But the rest was just... meh.
Oct 2, 2011 10:42 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah, the show started well. It went downhill at some point. So not epic.

Oct 2, 2011 10:48 AM

Apr 2009
I liked the insert song that came in before halfway through. I really hope that they release a single for that.
Oct 2, 2011 10:53 AM

Nov 2010
I'm among the masses who hopes for Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood. So much that could've been awesome was entirely ruined by filler, bad pacing, and lack of character development/backstory. As for this episode: So. Damn. Rushed. The episode was over halfway through! And ending everything with a demon-possessed truck? The fuck was that? And let's not forget the ultimate power of brotherly love. *Facepalm*
Oct 2, 2011 10:53 AM

Mar 2009
finally it's over.

3/10
Oct 2, 2011 10:58 AM

Jan 2010
Good episode :) I'm going to miss this series~ I preferred before it changed from the manga though.

Also
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2011 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
I'm seriously glad this is finally over, the series was ok for the first half, and then was free fall to rushed "development" and cliche shonen land.

I have to admit that i enjoy the battle and until the "wings.of.brotherly.love" part but it was watchable, even so it was rushed as hell just as the last 4-5 episodes.

5/10 at beast, more like 4/10

Kurimu-chan said:
Good episode :) I'm going to miss this series~ I preferred before it changed from the manga though.

Also

i thought the same thing about that since they name it "Ghost Rider" and im kinda mad because.

Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Oct 2, 2011 11:12 AM

Sep 2009
Hm. Well, I liked it but wow. It was just so weird, I definitely prefer the manga over this because this seemed just so unrealistic.

@ Kurima : And lol yes. I was thinking the same thing. XD
Oct 2, 2011 11:15 AM

Jan 2011
Dissapointing ending indeed. Still hoping for a season 2 or a Ao no Exorcist : Brotherhood as already mentioned.

Also when that Auguste-guy came in with his sword.. I was wondering.. Didn't that sword TALK in an earlier episode? (Or is that just me being confused?) What happened with that O_O?
Oct 2, 2011 11:15 AM

May 2010
Not bad for an ending. Could have been better though.

More mameshibas are awesome. :D
Oct 2, 2011 11:19 AM

Aug 2008
Interesting end I guess~ The brother power up scene was epic~ and they got to visit their mother's grave. It's too bad they both ignored Satan's relation to her. I want a season 2!
Oct 2, 2011 11:23 AM

May 2008
It wasn't the best ending..but I'm looking forward to the movie that's for sure. I'm gonna miss this series ;~;

I want a damn second season with the Shima bros >/

10/10

Oct 2, 2011 11:29 AM

Apr 2010
The ending was ridiculous, but I will try to ignore the last 3 episodes.
Giving it a 7/10
Will read the manga.
Oct 2, 2011 11:30 AM
Aug 2009
tsubasalover said:
Mephisto talking to an old guy who never appeared.

I have no idea what it was about. Well, last two episodes weren't good, somehow they ruined this series for me :/

Well, I'm gonna read manga, I'm sure it'll be better :3

Kurimu-chan said:

My first thought xD
Oct 2, 2011 11:30 AM

Nov 2009
I lol'd. Hard. Mephisto was awesome. though, in those few seconds he appeared, especially in the beginning.

Now I hope the upcoming anime movie will have a more faithful adaptation of the manga.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 2, 2011 11:32 AM

Jul 2009
Well the mirror part was the best that I saw in the last few episodes >.<
I could have hoped for a longer battle 'tween the father and sons, it was soooo rushed, like bla bla bla bye and end .....
well I did not read the manga but I guess I'll give it a try after this and then compare them ...!!
But then again...I do hope for a 2nd season >.<
Oct 2, 2011 11:39 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Rly nice series 9/10 . Wa lacking a bit of ending and feeling.
Oct 2, 2011 11:46 AM

Jul 2008
Wooo! McRib is Back!

Okay ending I guess.
Oct 2, 2011 11:49 AM

Jul 2010
tsubasalover said:
@ above: why do you need to open the topic when it was not aired yet?
I really don't understand why people do that. Is having the first post really so important? >_>

ReaperEXE said:
I liked the insert song that came in before halfway through. I really hope that they release a single for that.
This? (video in tag)

Sery said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Also
i thought the same thing about that since they name it "Ghost Rider" and im kinda mad because.

I thought the same thing too but...

It was a disappointing ending. I really liked this show in the beginning. I wish it didn't have to go the route that it did. I'm torn between giving it a 7/10 or an 8/10 right now. If I forget about the ending it'll be an 8, haha. I just can't even swallow the idea of Satan being some misunderstood guy...

As others have said, I want an Ao no Exorcist: Brotherhood.

What was the final Mameshiba count? 5? Mameshiba is always good.
Oct 2, 2011 11:50 AM

Dec 2010
Like Serduszko said it's exactly the same case as Soul Eater.
At first this anime seemed awesome, but in the end it was quite disappointing. If the second season was realeased I probably wouldn't watch it. Waiting for the remake, though
Oct 2, 2011 11:52 AM

Jul 2009
It could have been a truly epic anime if it didn't feel like it was rushed so much. It needed more plot, more substance.

More closure too. I feel like so many characters didn't truly get their chance to shine.

And through it all Rin and the gang are all still low ranked while annoying Yukio gets to be middle-high rank.

and where was the romance with Shiemi and RIN!!!!

Ah well Kuro was cute.
Oct 2, 2011 11:55 AM
Jul 2010
By watching this show, I felt that I got trolled....This anime trolled my so hard..Biggest let down ever...
Oct 2, 2011 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
I liked this show, despite it getting a bit uninteresting the last few epds. The ending could of been a lot better, things seemed way too rushed in the end.

Had this 9, but I'm gonna give it 8/10.
Oct 2, 2011 12:04 PM

May 2010
They should have waited on making the anime, so it could follow the manga, that way it would have been much much better then it was, like everyone said, the first episodes was good, and thats because they where good and followed the manga. If they had waited alil more to make the anime, it would have been one of the best animes ever, and would have probly been 10x more popular then it was. x.x
...baka..people...should have waited.
i still enjoyed watching this everyweek and i love Rin to death, so its still a 10/10 for me. plus the art and music was awesome. :)
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 2, 2011 12:05 PM

Nov 2009
It was OK for a shounen. First couple of episodes were great but started going downhill in the middle t and turned to crap in the end.

6/10 overall and gonna pick up the manga.
Oct 2, 2011 12:06 PM

Jan 2011
it was awesome series but couldve been handled a little better to make it the best
this is my god damn signature.
Oct 2, 2011 12:07 PM

Oct 2010
the possesed van thing was kinda weird but for some reason the ending exceeded my expectacions,when it went totally off the track of the manga I was worried but I really enjoyed this series,can't wait for the movie ^-^

Does anyone know the name of the song that played in the background of this ep? It sounded really cool :D
Oct 2, 2011 12:15 PM

Mar 2009
ahah by the end of the episode I just thought, wow this looks like an ending to a season...turned out to be exactly like that... oh well, hopefully we'll se more, though the ending was pressed into what it was, still seyuu we're allawesome and the drawing so 10/10 :D hopefully next time they'll let manga go a bit further to make exactly like there....~

Oct 2, 2011 12:21 PM

Jan 2011
Nice ending, and left possibility for a season 2....can't wait for the movie
Oct 2, 2011 12:23 PM

Jun 2011
Shit ending for a shit show.

5/10
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Oct 2, 2011 12:26 PM

Jan 2010
What's with all mameshiba spam....? XD
Oct 2, 2011 12:27 PM

Aug 2011
8/10 ending ruined it as in the fight scenes were lousy
Oct 2, 2011 12:35 PM

Sep 2010
thomtinuviel said:
Not bad, not bad. But man...not really an ending. Mildly anticlimactic.

:) Agree
Oct 2, 2011 12:40 PM

Feb 2010
so in the end they destroyed the rampaging UFO in a a mecha-like sequence, i have to say that's quite an original development for an anime about exorcising demons...
10/10
Oct 2, 2011 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
I loved the last episode and I hope there's a season 2. Maybe if the manga continues to become more popular... if there's any anime Id like to see in the 'ongoing' zone, it's Ao no Exorcist and Soul Eater. :)
Oct 2, 2011 12:48 PM

Apr 2008
Huh, we're finally done with AoEx? Thank god...most disappointing series so far behind BakaTest season 2. First half of the series was above average for a shounen series, then it just craters into lolworthy in the second half. Even the best part of the series, the animation, really nosedived and this episode had alot of derpy faces/random moments of panning into the sky.

Also, i totally saw that stupid Arthur guy doing something "valiant" from a mile away.

6/10.
-Story: 6/10
-Animation: 7/10
-Music: 7/10
-Characters: 6/10
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Oct 2, 2011 12:52 PM

Jun 2011
icamehere said:
Shit ending for a shit show.

5/10

Someone that has a shitty view before watching something will make a shitty comment like you just did. I guess you never gave it a chance.

Anime gets 10/10 There was no reason for not loving it and if you haven't read the manga it's all good. Hopefully we'll see a new season soon.

@Icamhere gets a.... uh let's see.. 10/10 for posting a shitty comment.
Oct 2, 2011 12:54 PM

Jan 2009
Fuck yeah, Mameshiba!
Fuck yeah, moar Mameshiba!
This might be a pretty good episode after all. ( ¬‿¬)
Some random whatever stuff happening.
Even moar Mameshiba, fuck yeah!
And suddenly, the Gehenna gate is like, some huge space ship shootan' lazers and shizz.
lolwat, suddenly a huge flaming bird. Wtf am I watching?
I sure hope it's just A-1 fucking up. The manga just has to be better than this.
Oh, boy am I glad it's over.
Also, Shiemi can just go die or something. Stupid Satan not killing her properly.
Oh well, moar Mameshiba (‐^▽^‐)
And some random epilogue-ish thingy.
And then again, moar Mameshiba. ~( ̄∇ ̄~)
Judging by actual episode content, the episode was kind of, um... what's it called? Oh, yeah. Bull.
Though the amount of Mameshiba was fantastic. ( ¬‿¬)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.