Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2008 1:44 PM

Dec 2007
This was just awesome. The other 2 movies were already exceptionally good, but this one tops it.

I'm so glad that Fujino didn't die.
Jan 15, 2009 12:46 AM

Aug 2007
Best out of the 3 shown so far hands down. I can't believe that I put off watching this for so long because of the rather lackluster showing of the first two. It's great that we got a happy end of sorts with Fujino's survival, poor girl. Great chemistry between Shiki and Kokouto but smiling when you say you feel like killing the guy is just creepy...

Gets a 10 from me.

BTW, Shiki's magan is just hax! xD
Feb 2, 2009 9:49 PM

Sep 2007
It had fewer glaring flaws than the first two. Not like that's hard, but I'll admit it was enjoyable, at least.

I lol'd when Shiki didn't take the photos at the beginning of the movie. "When we see each other, we'll know. And we'll try to kill each other." Yes, because that happens all the freaking time. Serial killers pass each other on the street, sense the killer intent in the other person, and then suddenly pull knives and begin a fight to the death.

The immunity to pain thing wasn't well explained, either. Was she born with it? Because that's what I would have thought from the scene where she cut herself playing with dolls, but then they went and said that it wasn't congenital. And I don't think they ever said exactly how she got it, after that. Something about the fact that they wanted to repress her abilities? By reducing her immunity to pain...? Whatever. It's not that important.

This episode felt kind of like something you'd see from the mystery genre. There were way too many random coincidences for me to give it a high rating (the killer was someone Shiki randomly ran into, and also happened to be childhood friends with Kokuto, and also meets Kokuto on the street later on, etc). But it deserves a 6/10.
Feb 10, 2009 3:51 AM

Dec 2008
shocking, disturbing... breathtaking, fascinating.

i feel for her, i would have actually said the same things as Kokuto did.

but iam curious about what happend to her after she was hospitalized? i somewhat believe that Kokuto(&Azaka) is visiting her regularly, because what she needs atm are people who care about her...
Feb 14, 2009 4:29 AM

Jan 2008
Another awesome movie. The soundtrack was great as usual. I think the story was far better than the previous ones and I could feel some drama in it. I'm also glad they started to explain those mysterious powers. However I think I start to get bored with the art.
Feb 15, 2009 7:30 PM

Nov 2007
Unlike the previous two installments, I actually enjoyed this movie. However I still find the characters just plain dull. Infact I don't think I've ever felt so little for a rape victim, was I suppose to care that Shiki let her live?

Overall 6/10 - overrated but still enjoyable.
Mar 23, 2009 2:27 PM

Apr 2007
woa, amazing.

also, shiki smiling <3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 28, 2009 7:24 AM

Oct 2008
Asagami Fujino is a poor girl but her powers resemble that of the kira technique, quite interesting...

So.. That is how Shiki got a bio-mechanical arm?

Next episode..

Apr 4, 2009 1:10 AM

May 2008
Oh God, I was so worried she was going to die and it was going to end with a bad end.
I was flipping out there at the end where she started bleeding to death, not wanting to accept all signs pointing to that she was going to die. And then when Shiki finally stabbed her, I literally yelled out.

And then, I cried at the ending credits. Thank you for the good ending.;_;

Yes, she's a murderer. But there are just some cases, just like with Shiki, that you can feel sorry for a murderer and not want them to die.

I still liked the last one better though. 9/10.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
May 27, 2009 9:31 AM

Feb 2008
I don't want her to die, but her being a maniac of killing for revenge wants me to let her die. But she doesn't really deserve it after what THEY'VE done to her. As Kokutou said, she wouldn't be killing anybody if no gang-rape have ever happened to her, or atleast he had accompanied her that time, preventing the gang-rape...

But oh well, it's good that she didn't die. And that ability of Fujino kinda reminded me of Elfen Lied, haha! Killing by twisting the limbs or taking the guts off of a human by not really touching them... Hahaha! XD

Anyways, this is is the best Ryokkai movie so far!

---- Fujino -> Noto Mamiko is pure win!!!

And that smile of SHIKI at the end really stroke my heart!!! :3
May 28, 2009 11:37 PM

Oct 2007
babykeiji said:

And that smile of SHIKI at the end really stroke my heart!!! :3

Epic win

That's a beautiful smile

I love this part. It was great. :)
Jul 17, 2009 10:10 PM
May 2008
Very nice movie and the way most of the scenes were handled was excellent. It had the perfect balance of being graphic but not to the point where it appears that was the whole point of the scene... or in other words it wasn't just a "shock value" scene. Absolutely beautiful movie and series... and with each movie they continue to exceed my expectations. 9/10
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 3, 2009 12:23 AM

Dec 2008
In the first seconds of this episode I felt like knocked over by a truck

but one question came to my mind.
why had Fujino not killed the guys before she was getting raped by them,was it ok for her or something like that?
I don't really get it.

Shiki and Touko were really uncaring
Shiki didn't care about her arm , and Touko made ironic comments about the girl who was hit with the baseballbat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2009 7:05 AM

Sep 2008
10% - Story Progression
1% - Cool fights
2% - Rape scenes (This is the only KnK movie with this great feature! Makes you want to watch it all the more doesn't it?)
17% - Credits + Next movie preview
70% - Boring silence during which absolutely nothing happens and makes me fall asleep.
Aug 9, 2009 4:03 AM

Jul 2007
5layer said:
10% - Story Progression
1% - Cool fights
2% - Rape scenes (This is the only KnK movie with this great feature! Makes you want to watch it all the more doesn't it?)
70% - Boring silence during which absolutely nothing happens and makes me fall asleep.

I Just LOL'd

Obvious troll is obvious...

oh well, higurashitards....
Aug 13, 2009 4:18 AM

Sep 2008
Fai said:
5layer said:
10% - Story Progression
1% - Cool fights

I Just LOL'd

Obvious troll is obvious...

oh well, higurashitards....
Sorry that I stated the obvious and hurt your feelings.
Aug 13, 2009 4:48 PM

May 2009
Can't really blame Fujino... God, I wanted to kill those bastards too. Grrr.
Aug 18, 2009 6:29 PM

May 2009
the best out of all the movies!
Aug 29, 2009 7:14 AM

Jun 2009
Really enjoyed this movie far more than the others. Gritty, violent, and more than a little disturbing, this movie was well worth watching.

The characters aren't exactly likable, but that isn't really the intention to begin with. So far, Shiki would probably be my favorite because of how cold and.. well, badass she is. Fujino was a very effective character and it was certainly a wise move to focus most of the movie on her. But, no one else really stands out.

The music was good but I can't really come up with anything that stood out off the top of my head, but I do know it set the mood well.

Overall i'd say this is an 8/10 movie
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 1, 2009 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
Very nice movie, this time not so calm like the other parts, there was more action here.
The most violent KnK till now, but not the best one, IMHO, I liked the second one more because of the psychological aspect.
But it's still a very good movie, plus, the ending was quite nice, so I'm thinking about 8-9/10^^
Sep 15, 2009 3:59 AM

Jul 2008
Best KnK movie I've seen, so far I've seen 5, and I'm not expecting it to get better.

Half of the praise goes to the mature and disturbing story that is (for the change) clear and fully understandable.
As for the other half it's all Fujino voiced by Noto Mamiko at her best.

Ps. Did anyone experience a mysterious uncomfortable feeling in his stomach upon completion?
aswaniSep 15, 2009 4:09 AM
Oct 10, 2009 4:47 PM

Feb 2008
8/10

surprisingly more vulgar, and I definitely wasnt expecting this when watching.
overall better than the precedes, though too much focus on the villain character
Oct 15, 2009 9:22 PM

Jun 2009
omg i had to take a LONG shower because of what part 3 had to offer

plus, i don't really know what is so good about this movie, i hated it! i've never felt more disgusted in my life after seeing the rape scene.
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Nov 8, 2009 9:39 PM

May 2009
Didn't expect a rape scene in the beginning.
Overall, just as good as the last two.

Next one looks good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2009 10:28 AM

Aug 2009
Great work, as always. And many surprising elements. Touko-san is a plot-turn machine.

But my only reaction from the raping scene was "ah, some hentai". Maybe in Europe we're more used to sex on TV? :-P (I don't like hentai. Really)

For some strange reason, I'm still prefering the 1st movie. But this 3rd one is still great.

Oh, and Shiki's Block-With-An-Arm was a clever move.
Mar 19, 2010 12:06 PM

Jan 2010
So far this is the episode I enjoyed the most, but I think they ruined the ending by letting the other girl live. It was going great until we learned Shiki didn't really kill her... Shiki finally smiled and she admitted she likes him wants to kill him.

9/10
Jun 19, 2010 9:24 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah this one was better than the first two. I don't really understand why people are so worked up by the rape scene though. It didn't show much, it's crucial to the plot, she wasn't screaming in pain or anything, and she got herself some sweet revenge. I'm perfectly fine with her going on a rampage killing all those guys who had to do with it too. I think revenge is justifiable. Maybe her murder of the truck driver wasn't but I feel like I can overlook that fact based on everything she went through. The only problem was that the main guy raping her didn't actually die in the end. I hope she goes back for him later.

9/10 from me too.
Jun 26, 2010 4:16 PM

Dec 2009
werr-y said:
I think they ruined the ending by letting the other girl live.

This wasn't as entertaining as the first and the second but it still gets a 8/10.
DuzellJun 26, 2010 4:19 PM
Jul 3, 2010 3:48 AM

Aug 2009
It was pretty good, better than the previous ones for sure. I somehow feel these movies are kinda overrated though :P

8/10

Jul 12, 2010 3:30 PM

Jan 2010
whoa this episode was very elfen lied :O,and also the rape scene was disturbing,not to talk about the twisted limbs :\

unfortunately i found the 1st part boring,but the last 20 minutes saved it :-)

9/10,same as part 1 and 2 ;)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 10, 2010 6:51 PM

Sep 2009
Oh my gosh...I actually understood what was going on! :O Pretty gory episode, but overall, I liked it.
Sep 3, 2010 6:11 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
The fights are getting more exciting. This episode's fight was awesome.

Sep 29, 2010 3:07 AM

Apr 2009
Well, uh. The rape scene hit me hard x__X I had to pause and mumble 'wtf' to myself before continuing. But I agree it was needed in the sense that it made us feel more for Fujino.
With every movie, I like Mikiya more and more. He's just such a good guy.
Once more, mind=blown by the beautiful animation. But I have to say...I feel the series is a little overrated.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 6, 2010 10:10 AM

Jun 2009
If I can remember Touko said about the ruptured appendicitis may affect the duodenum, if so, totally incorrect. It may only affect the abdomen. Anyway this minor detail won't affect how I score this.

8/10
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 17, 2010 11:07 PM

Jan 2010
He's definitely too nice of a person.
Jan 15, 2011 8:02 AM
Jun 2009
Charliehsv said:
This was just awesome. The other 2 movies were already exceptionally good, but this one tops it.

I'm so glad that Fujino didn't die.

And me,I am really worried her:(Amazing art and music

I was scared at the beginning of the film. I give 8,20

Feb 14, 2011 5:07 PM
Nov 2010
7/10

Finally a good Kara no Kyoukai movie, it reminded me off Elfen Lied... But the series is far from the perfection I keep hearing on these forum.
SuperSaiyenFeb 15, 2011 7:01 AM
Mar 8, 2011 1:51 PM
Jul 2010
This one gets a 9/10 from me. Better than the previous two, especially because by connecting everything, things are finally starting to make sense in my head (I did enjoy the first 2 movies but I couldn't understand a thing).

I was really surprised to see such an explicit rape scene. I was watching this after a family lunch with my grandparents and I just noticed my dad looking at me with a wired expression. I guess my face somehow reflected the shock. I still think they did well in showing it. It made me feel bad for Fujino and wish she wouldn't die (thank god she didn't).
Mar 31, 2011 11:49 AM

Aug 2010
Best film in the series so far. Loved Mamiko Noto as usual, definitely one of her best jobs.

Talking about having the weight of all she killed when it was the rapists that forced her into it. I Mean i hope Shiki accidentally cut his head off when she got back.
Jun 18, 2011 3:47 PM

Sep 2010
I'm confused.
Why and for how long was Fujino insensitive to pain?
When she was a kid and she cut herself, she apparently didn't react until she was embraced. That man said that she would cry every time she fell (which maybe she didn't feel pain, but only cried because she was embraced again?). That man also gave her medicine and they made it seem as if that gave her the insensitivity. When she was young and hurt her ankle, she didn't care at all. They say the bat to the back made her feel pain again and I don't know if that really was the reasoning for her feeling pain and killing everyone. Throughout the present, she was constantly hurting, but Shiki didn't kill her because she can't kill "that" Fujino. Is "that" Fujino one that can't feel pain? What is that even supposed to mean? Does Fujino have a split personality or something?
I still don't get what's with Shiki and Fujino's fathers doing whatever it was and their eyes, but I think that will be explained next.
Jun 26, 2011 7:09 AM

May 2010
alwaysbored said:
werr-y said:
I think they ruined the ending by letting the other girl live.

This wasn't as entertaining as the first and the second but it still gets a 8/10.
Werrston said:
So far this is the episode I enjoyed the most, but I think they ruined the ending by letting the other girl live. It was going great until we learned Shiki didn't really kill her... Shiki finally smiled and she admitted she likes him wants to kill him.

9/10

Wait wait wait, how the fuck does that ruin the ending?
Aug 1, 2011 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
This one was really good unlike the other 2 episodes. Now there is two of them(Mystical eyes users) seemed more interesting like...
...that AND dat rape scene! :P

Aug 1, 2011 5:47 PM

Dec 2010
AngelicFeces said:

She didn't feel pain. She cried for the attention.

The bat fixed her insensitivity and she could feel again.
Aug 12, 2011 6:52 PM

Oct 2009
Definitely better than the other two episodes. Much more interesting.

Sep 17, 2011 8:39 PM

Nov 2010
This episode is far better than the former two because of the action scene and the clear plot. However Shiki's counterattack by cutting down psychokinesis with a knife seems absurd. The scriptwriter should have made her fight with her perception for the spatial distortion and her agility.

The best part of the show for me is Shiki's punch line in the last fight.
"Ikiteiru nara kamisama datte korositemiseru."
The proper translation I can think of now is
"If it's alive, I can kill even God."
Nothing but cool.
---
This reminds me of the following line from SF movie "Predator":
"If it bleeds, we can kill it."
But the former one has more impact than the latter.
Nov 2, 2011 8:14 PM

Jun 2009
Nasu sure does have a thing for creating bad ass main characters...Shiki is no exception. Really well executed film, that goes in directions many anime are afraid to go. That final scene was stellar.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 16, 2011 12:01 AM

Oct 2009
Geez, left me speechless. Whole thing about Fujino really made me feel it. Rape is one of those things that's always made me mad. Poor Fujino, glad she's alive.

Glad to be a Natsu fanboy.

Damn, I'm still left speechless.
Jan 21, 2012 8:31 AM
Dec 2010
kay, uhh.After watching episode 1 and 2, i didn't feel excited, and on episode 3,oh, there is a nude scene , so i can't probably watch this episode with my little brother around.But to the point anyway, i don't get what's so fun about this anime.I mean I've watched many kinds of animes, like , aoi bungaku,elven lied,requiem for phantom, arakawa under the bridge ,except ecchicrap .The plot anyways, it feels like it's a mix between romance story that girls usually read,then unexpectedly, great action fight scene, and fantasy , which is another world, that has different mechanism.I don't get it , was it only the fight scene that is great, maybe the bloody scene, or the story , or maybe all of it was exciting? I'm really going to be surprised if someone say that everything about it is exciting.
May 1, 2012 4:15 AM

Nov 2011
Sigh...I've always felt that had the first two movies been able to establish an emotional connection with the audience, they'd be nearly perfect. The first two movies were fantastic visually and technically, yet they were more eye candy than anything; the characters weren't appealing and the story had yet to be explained. The movies had content yet lacked essence of any sort; they were soul-less.

Then you get the third movie, which finally handles that problem. I thought that with the final piece of the puzzle in place, the series would finally fall into place, boy, was I wrong. This was probably the first time in the series where the audience began to feel concern for the characters. Of course, that it was also ruined by cheesy plot devices (Kokutou runs into too many wierd girls) and priority over moral satisfaction than story logic: Shiki hunts Fujino down, explains why Shiki hates her, purposely forfeits her arm, only to end up redeeming Fujino. Why? No where is it explained why Shiki would do Fujino any favors (ironically, all we get is Shiki explaining why she wants to kill Fujino). Things like that leave me shaking my head in confusion and shame.

It just makes no sense, especially with a movie that starts with such a powerful rape scene, for a dark toned movie to end with sunshine and rainbows. This movie was the first in the series to make me feel, unfortunately, I was feeling all the wrong things.
May 1, 2012 4:25 AM

Apr 2012
Yes it was visually overwhelming, and even if plot-wise it seemed a little underdevelopped, at leat the characters have a little charisma, if no soul (I've seen worse).
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.