Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2011 12:13 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Story is progressing fine, those new bad demons that appeared suddenly in the spoiler
due to Himea’s miscalculations of teleportations are crazy. There is a 4 headed legendary black/hydra dragon. A terrible being. One of the good things in this episode is Taito’s pet Nyankichi as follows,

Rather cute cat and his twin tails are interesting in shape. I liked most of his expressions in the spoiler
and I rather say I can’t believe that he was this horrible creature in the spoiler
that is just plain hideous! D:

Obviously Gekkou and Mirai are the best for me so far. In fact I liked a lot the Cross VS Gekkou as follows,

It will be pretty amazing since from the spoiler
Cross can clearly teleport and am looking forward in seeing what else can he do, Shining finger of death?

Himea and Taito are just plain annoying and to think it was not like that in the LN/manga. However Taito was damn funny the way he dies like being eaten by that plant only to have Himea tickle it to have it spit out Taito here with plenty juicy bad plant liquid. I found hilarious when his head blew up in the spoiler
and that is a lot of symbols on the ground suddenly. I got quite fascinated at the big guy Taito is facing in the other dimension in the spoiler
really huge person. I would say a triple SSS rank Tenma for sure. Wonder WTF is that thing here that it took.

Very interested in Himea’s teleportation manners in the spoiler
looks to me like she links to the Universe and Taito together. Sounds to me not efficient as it turned out.

• Cross was very lovely to see in the spoiler
    I like his appearance in general

• Lovely Izumi smile and intermission in the spoiler
    was very lovely to see as long as there is less Taito x Himea.

• Lovely Gekkou faces in the spoiler
    were lovely indeed. Some really inspired me.
This episode explained quite well Himea’s deal and some Cross/Gekkou development. Good episode again.

BTW stitches in the spoiler
still messing around with my new program.
Yumekichi11Aug 19, 2011 8:45 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 19, 2011 1:52 PM

Sep 2008
Taito dying is still the best thing this anime has.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2011 2:32 PM

Jul 2010
For shits and giggles, I typed both address domains shown on the letter/memo. f-cross.com is a real site. The other is a not. Fun little fact...
Aug 19, 2011 2:39 PM

Feb 2010
Don't tell me, next episode is supposed to be a beach episode?! Noooo! Do not want!
Aug 19, 2011 2:39 PM

Oct 2010
Elite60 said:
For shits and giggles, I typed both address domains shown on the letter/memo. f-cross.com is a real site. The other is a not. Fun little fact...
Oh I dig you. I did some of that for Chaos Head when it aired.

Aug 19, 2011 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
Lol'd every time Taito went and died. He's so full of lulz when he does that.
And I figured out the secret to Himea's wonderful hair. It's full of love, that's what it is.

Well, it's still entertaining, at least.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 19, 2011 3:23 PM
Jun 2011
can somone explain me what with haruka yellow eyes is she demon Observer fron the Serephim or somthing?
Aug 19, 2011 4:47 PM
Jun 2011
Bern said:
Don't tell me, next episode is supposed to be a beach episode?! Noooo! Do not want!

Didn't we already have our fair share of swimsuits in Episode 3? What's up with that?
Aug 19, 2011 5:13 PM

Aug 2009
That "I'll give you 3 liters of my blood every day" was so fucking random, wat.
Aug 19, 2011 5:20 PM

Jan 2011
This series just goes all over the place. Well it's still fun to watch.
Aug 19, 2011 5:24 PM

Aug 2010
Himea is so adorable. The new administrator guy seems awesome so far.
Aug 19, 2011 7:18 PM

Oct 2010
elior1 said:
can somone explain me what with haruka yellow eyes is she demon Observer fron the Serephim or somthing?
Yes she is a observer that may have been given some powers to use at the time her observation needs them to be active. Which is what I am curious about.

Aug 19, 2011 11:18 PM
Feb 2009
damn another week for next ep >.>
Aug 19, 2011 11:54 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
due to Himea’s miscalculations of teleportations are crazy. There is a 4 headed legendary black/hydra dragon. A terrible being. One of the good things in this episode is Taito’s pet Nyankichi
It isn't really because of Himea doing any miscalculations, it's more than Taito got a whole damn lot of knowledge from Edeluca, which for that matter was way too much for a human brain to handle, as we got to see, and actually finding where they're supposed to go isn't that easy.
All Himea did was provide a ways of transportation to the destination that seemed the most probable.
Also, protip: A pet and a familiar isn't really the same thing.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 20, 2011 12:08 AM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Yumekichi11 said:
due to Himea’s miscalculations of teleportations are crazy. There is a 4 headed legendary black/hydra dragon. A terrible being. One of the good things in this episode is Taito’s pet Nyankichi
It isn't really because of Himea doing any miscalculations, it's more than Taito got a whole damn lot of knowledge from Edeluca, which for that matter was way too much for a human brain to handle, as we got to see, and actually finding where they're supposed to go isn't that easy.
Oh I see, so it's the sudden knowledge burst that Taito can't handle that made things go haywire so to speak. Still Himea could not lend a hand by being in contact with the Universe as it alluded to.
Oosran said:
All Himea did was provide a ways of transportation to the destination that seemed the most probable.
I see only the means and she could not provide the solutions?
Oosran said:
Also, pro tip: A pet and a familiar isn't really the same thing.
Nyankichi is a pet only? I don't think so. Clearly doing a contract always has to be a familiar, no pet has a need for a contract IMO.

Aug 20, 2011 8:13 AM
Jun 2011
the teacher named cross very cool but how shame he one of the bad guys
Aug 20, 2011 9:09 AM
Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Oosran said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Oh I see, so it's the sudden knowledge burst that Taito can't handle that made things go haywire so to speak. Still Himea could not lend a hand by being in contact with the Universe as it alluded to.
Oosran said:
I see only the means and she could not provide the solutions?
Oosran said:
Also, pro tip: A pet and a familiar isn't really the same thing.
Nyankichi is a pet only? I don't think so. Clearly doing a contract always has to be a familiar, no pet has a need for a contract IMO.

see this post for explanation regarding the portaling:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3735958#post3735958
Aug 20, 2011 9:22 AM

Oct 2010
Put up some explanations from other places. In regards to the holy ground and system functioning:

Holy Grounds in general are uncommon but not unique, and are used to connect to other dimensions, worlds, and space. Normally, a user just needs to know the methods of operating a Holy Ground and he or she will be able to control it. Holy Grounds are magical existences which are said to be 'newer' creations than Vampires. As a Vampire (Most Ancient Sorcerer), technically speaking, Himea has the ability to decipher (like Alpha Stigma) the workings of a Holy Ground and can gain control of it, since it's a magical existence.

However, the one at Miyasaka High is a unique Holy Ground of great power. It can connect to ANY and EVERY dimension, world, and space as long as one can give the coordinates. That's why the Military is so careful in guarding it and camouflaging it as a school, since it's a potential source of great power, as one can use it to learn magic, acquire weapons and knowledge and monsters from other worlds. The Holy Ground in Miyasaka High is also unique in that, it can only be operated by its Contractor it has chosen (and no one else), who is currently Gekkou. Of course, this information is totally skipped in what should have been the event after episode 5 (which they just crunch last chapter of volume 2 and chapters 1, 2 and 3 of volume 3 into that episode), where Gekkou and Himea had a fight as Himea tried to take control of the Holy Ground in the student council room. Furthermore, the only one who can contract it must be 18 years or under. As to why that is, it might be revealed in future so I won't touch on it.

Finally, Himea currently has a Holy Ground that she administers in another space. She has set up that Holy Ground with a fixed portal to the park. That Holy Ground can only connect to a limited number of dimensions, and it's affected by the inter-dimensional distance from this world. And also, Himea did not follow Taito along, since she needs to stay within the school compound with the protective barrier of the Military (but in the anime, she did!). Here, emotions of Himea is also downplayed in the anime when she knew that Taito had gone to Edeluca. In the novel, she was much more frantic and anxious because she knows that the Price for a Wish from the Mistress of Edeluca is never cheap, so she's very worried about the health of Taito and what might happen to him. Taito then first used the portal in the park (with instructions from Himea) to reach the Holy Ground in another space. He then accesses the information given by Mistress of Edeluca and managed to use the Holy Ground to connect to a coordinate available in that fountain of knowledge not meant for human consumption. This is how he got to Nyankichi. I think Nyankichi seriously FTW though I also find the anime version annoying rather than funny. Oh yeah, since Himea did not follow Taito, Nyankichi was never swooned by her or anything of that sort. That's just plain stupid in the anime.

Edeluca is the name of a place by the way. Though initially, I also got it wrong because of the ambiguity in the sentences when Gekkou first mentioned it. And yes, the Mistress of Edeluca took most of Himea's remaining magic as the price for Taito's revival, which is a very big thing, for she is a Vampire (Most Ancient of Sorcerers). By now, it should be clear that except for fangs and red eyes, Vampires are not bloodsuckers, but the name for a magic using race, and the most Ancient type at that. Anyway, this was what weakened her greatly. The price Taito paid will be revealed in future. I am pretty sure the price Taito paid is the remaining magic of Himea in Taito and this is due that Edeluca has already that of Himea.

Aug 20, 2011 11:06 AM

Jan 2010
This series is moving too quickly for me. Okay episode.
Aug 20, 2011 11:50 AM
Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
I am pretty sure the price Taito paid is the remaining magic of Himea in Taito and this is due that Edeluca has already that of Himea.

Himea already lost a substantial amount of her power when she crafted the Poison (Black Magic) to give Taito his conditional immortality. Mistress of Edeluca, who is actually a God-class monster, took nearly all of Himea's magic in exchange for Taito's revival. Which means that Himea is already pretty much powerless, so to speak, by non-human standards anyway. Getting pretty much infinite knowledge on where to get power-ups is a pretty Big Wish, and since Himea is pretty much powerless, there is no sense in that price. Continue speculating, it's fun. :) And the 'price' should be revealed in the last one or two episode.
Aug 20, 2011 12:05 PM

Oct 2010
larethian said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I am pretty sure the price Taito paid is the remaining magic of Himea in Taito and this is due that Edeluca has already that of Himea.
Himea already lost a substantial amount of her power when she crafted the Poison (Black Magic) to give Taito his conditional immortality. Mistress of Edeluca, who is actually a God-class monster, took nearly all of Himea's magic in exchange for Taito's revival. Which means that Himea is already pretty much powerless, so to speak, by non-human standards anyway. Getting pretty much infinite knowledge on where to get power-ups is a pretty Big Wish, and since Himea is pretty much powerless, there is no sense in that price. Continue speculating, it's fun. :) And the 'price' should be revealed in the last one or two episode.
Not at all since infinite knowledge on where to get power-ups may prove useful as there are power-ups for only vampires or relics only Himea may be able to use. Perhaps lost in the past to be found kind of thing.

Remember you are on the multi dimensional ground and if Gekkou wants, he can open any place to Taito to get the power-ups but problem is as soon as he hears anything to do with Himea then he shall not allow any of this. 1 + 1 says to me that Himea/Taito better know how to control the gates more as to then go where they must to get power-ups.

And yeah speculating is cool but spoiler anything that is a danger to future episodes.

Aug 21, 2011 9:33 AM
Jan 2011

I wonder if that dude is gonna make Himea and Taito pay for cutting classes?
Aug 21, 2011 3:23 PM

Feb 2008
I realize something here Taito eat Haruka Lunch box without worry, before he didn't do that.
That's weird.

It must have something to do with prices he paid off.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 21, 2011 4:03 PM

Feb 2008
Blackbird said:
I realize something here Taito eat Haruka Lunch box without worry, before he didn't do that.
That's weird.

i was thinking that too....something that wold probably lead the end of his relationship with himea. sort of like tsubasa chronicles where she was not allowed to remember him and ultimately destroying whatever relationship they had before.
Aug 21, 2011 11:30 PM

Aug 2011
kisami said:
Blackbird said:
That's weird.

i was thinking that too....something that wold probably lead the end of his relationship with himea. sort of like tsubasa chronicles where she was not allowed to remember him and ultimately destroying whatever relationship they had before.

me three was thinking that! lol. but yea...if that happens...i will cry T_T
Aug 22, 2011 2:00 AM

Sep 2010
Over before I knew it.
Aug 22, 2011 8:07 AM

May 2011
Ugh I also think that the wish will somehow mess up Himea and Taito's relationship. Nooo anything but that please, that would suck. :( Ugh I don't want that to happen! Gotta wait to find out. :/

Hmm so Taito's way of getting more power is making a contract with Nyankichi, cool.
Aug 22, 2011 9:12 AM

Jun 2011
Can someone tell me whats the price Taito paid in a spoiler tag or pm me? PLEASE!!! cause i read some of the comments and i DONT want the relation of Taito and Himea to be broken T_T
Aug 22, 2011 6:41 PM
Feb 2011
ArcanaTrace said:
Can someone tell me whats the price Taito paid in a spoiler tag or pm me? PLEASE!!! cause i read some of the comments and i DONT want the relation of Taito and Himea to be broken T_T

my advice is not to read it but the price is:
Aug 22, 2011 7:49 PM

Oct 2010
larethian said:
ArcanaTrace said:

I can't believe the shit in the spoiler. If you are a Haruka fan do not fucking read that! You will be pissed off beyond anything. Oh and because of that Taito has my death wish to be space dust never to assemble into one.

[rant]Yeah me MAD bros! Very mad after the spoiler reading. Edeluca can face my God anytime to get destroyed. Besides I find her ugliness to be despicable. Just looking at her in a pic stitch I did. She is hideous. Taito is a fucking idiot during that time in the dimension.

He fuck all understood around what is going on and decided in thee end to pay any price for something that is restricted. Oh really Taito? You going to want something powerful but work hard for it to develop. Right and I will take a Ultima power casting spell and blow away your level 1 while my shit is boosted to level over 9000 as I get it first time. 10 000 years later Taito still has his power at most level 3000 while mine is maxed out because I wanted it to be so that I rule fast and easy while Taito is "Working Hard on his own to make the spell stronger." Sure Taito the dumb ass! [/rant end]

Aug 22, 2011 10:01 PM

Aug 2010
larethian said:
ArcanaTrace said:

....................................................................that spoiler just killed me
anyways wonderful episode with nyankichi and taito's brain exploding, edeluca is sure disgusting ._.; especially that eye >_>
Aug 22, 2011 10:22 PM
Feb 2011
not exactly. more massive spoiler ahead. I'm warning you guys not to read this, so be warned.

I will advise to go look up the spoilers in animesuki, jcafe, and mangafox forums, before asking me any questions.
Aug 23, 2011 12:49 AM

Oct 2010
larethian said:
not exactly. more massive spoiler ahead. I'm warning you guys not to read this, so be warned.

I will advise to go look up the spoilers in animesuki, jcafe, and mangafox forums, before asking me any questions.
Yeah I kind of see all now but that means that Haruka is the most powerful. All I got to say in vampires is that Golden eyes >>>>>>> Red eyes anytime!

I read enough to know this series shall become a mind fuck mixing so much shit that it's possible to totally interpret in your way, which I wonder if the author of this series was not high on something. Mixing in all these occult stuff is weird because most of it whether philosophy or not contradicts itself like much contractions of God and Devil. Well from what I have seen this may be a cluster occult fuck in the general sense.

Well guess I did this time haste things up. Sadly it lead to some waste but not really since larethian made my ass move and deprived me of sleep to really do my R&D of this series. Regardless I have found so far in this series that things are being kept really sealed in the anime version. Half of the stuff that is to come up has no clue outlined to it in the anime towards a future event. A sort of foreshadow.

Well anyway, I like the mind fuck of this series. It challenges what I know of the occult/notions of it/religious values applied and there are tons more.

Aug 23, 2011 8:54 AM
Feb 2011
oops, I forgot to give the links. I won't bother about jcafe since someone pasted my posts into mangafox. take note that these forums contain spoilers (animesuki will have the most informative talk, since aside from me, there are 4 or 5 other people who have read the series):
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105023
http://forums.mangafox.com/forums/5209-I-s-Manga-Series?prefixid=m6817
Aug 26, 2011 2:25 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome cat. I wonder what was the information that he forgot.

Aug 27, 2011 1:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Finally at least the series got entertaining.

We just need more episodes though.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 2, 2011 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
That'll teach me to read spoilers, but I suspected this had a bittersweet element from the beginning.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 11, 2011 3:43 AM

Apr 2009
Eh, so that explains a lot of things. Now we know how Taito "survived" the fight with Hinata. Now we know why Saitohimea seemed strangely weak and helpless for someone who was supposed to be a legendary, powerful magic user. Now I wonder what was the price he paid for receiving information. If anything, it's a steep price for sure.
Mar 9, 2013 4:33 PM

May 2012
What did he actual loose? A new pet character (talking monster neko) and that mysterious man finally reveals his identity! Good development but I really wonder what he actually lost lets find out next!
Nov 2, 2016 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
seriously though the protagonist seems so weak.....
Apr 4, 2021 4:04 PM

Jan 2010
So Taito's wish was for more power to protect Himea, but he didn't actually want more power as he wanted to work hard for himself? In that case, his wish was to work harder and get power by himself, which...was what he was already doing? I guess his wish was for an opportunity to get more power, but without directly just getting a power up? That's a pretty roundabout way of arriving at the same result, but whatever works I guess.

Anyways, a trait I always find fascinating in these kinds of shows is where a main character wants to mature, but lacks experience to do so. This is represented in combat prowess, knowledge, or some manner of social hierarchy where the main character is disadvantaged due to their youth and inexperience. Due to this, the main character would always find some shortcut to getting a lot of power, shortening the time it takes to match more experienced and older characters in a series.

I feel it speaks to an audience that may lack real world experience, where they can feel empowered to match people in their school or profession despite some disadvantage. Either that, or it follows some underlying idea of working hard to defeat an enemy, a rival, or one's own shortcomings. This is so prevalent in anime and Japanese media that sometimes I forget it exists.
Apr 16, 2021 8:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
He did that equivalent exchange and that scan thing he got is pretty OP but I wonder what Taito lost...
Anyway it seems like he's becoming stronger and stronger, but I can see drama is coming soon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Oosran - Jul 8, 2011

124 by godzalo »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:34 PM

» How many of the A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives light novels were adapted into anime?

Comet - Aug 17, 2015

2 by el_morris »»
Apr 24, 2022 9:28 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 23, 2011

95 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 26, 2021 7:48 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 16, 2011

61 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 12:05 PM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 10 Discussion

Elite60 - Sep 9, 2011

29 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.