Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2011 1:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The monster is one of those who wants Rin killed, and used Konekomaru's fear to control him.

At first everyone there seemed to hate Rin for attacking Konekomaru, but saving him later made Konekomaru begin to trust Rin.

The teacher who got warped to another space found something.

Konekomaru still decided to leave, but Rin got him stay.

Narcissist's turn next ep..

During Ao-Ex radio ep today, both OP & ED featured special collaboration mix (OP has Yukio and Rin conversation, and ED has Rin's rap!) Samples can also be heard here.
tsubasaloverAug 14, 2011 3:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 14, 2011 2:04 AM

May 2011
decent episode. had a feeling that demon or monster was gonna use konekomaru's fear of rin to try and kill rin and set the exwires against rin. shura seemed to stumbled upon what looked like remains of some type of ruins but couldn't see what.

not surprising konekomaru wanted to quit after what has happened to him and also his fear of rin. igor seems suspicious seeing him on the roof when shura and the other teacher stumbled on that portal or van w/e you wanna call it. can't wait for next ep! paku gets some screen time =P
Aug 14, 2011 3:21 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
The monster is one of those who wants Rin killed, and used Konekomaru's fear to control him.
So I want to know exactly who is the controller of that monster. If it acted alone then it must have had orders from somewhere. Right?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 14, 2011 4:01 AM

May 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
tsubasalover said:
So I want to know exactly who is the controller of that monster. If it acted alone then it must have had orders from somewhere. Right?

my suspicions are igor. his actions early on in the series has me thinking. he's only the one who carries such a grudge against the blue flames and wants to exterminate rin like earlier in the series.
Aug 14, 2011 7:23 AM

Jun 2009
love this ep especially the scene where rin saved neko

dont tell me the green mouse mephisto haves is amaimon !!! at least its sooo cute
Aug 14, 2011 9:01 AM

Aug 2010
I love how Mephisto just sits back and chills when serious stuff is going down. They were fighting on the school grounds and he was not even there.
Aug 14, 2011 9:05 AM

Mar 2010
I hate that it's half fillerish :/
Aug 14, 2011 9:16 AM

Nov 2010
Fucking neko.
Pussy ass shitface should just stop trying to be an exorcist.
guantanamobayAug 14, 2011 9:23 AM
Aug 14, 2011 9:22 AM

Jul 2011
I'm a little upset at how easily Rin defeats the demon. It seems like every fight so far is pretty much just a shit load of dialogue, then one slash and Rin wins. Regardless, I still love this show and this episode, aside from that, was great.
Aug 14, 2011 9:23 AM

Apr 2011
Kick ass ninjas, subs out already! Go GG, they're on their shit this weekend. :) S7 up for breakfast and Ao no Exorcist before lunch. Only in 240p tho? Bleh.

Wow! Sudden action-packed opening jumping right into the OP, and then a very nice-paced story after that. I didn't really give a damn about Neko-san before this episode, but the demon-crow's torments really made me feel for him. I sympathize with the jealous, rage-filled teenager types, since I used to be one back in the day.

I don't care what Bon or Neko say, Rin's definately got 'something'. Speech No Jutsu, I guess you could call it. The ability to win villains over with long monologues the way Naruto does :P Fortunately talking seems to be a free action, no matter how long a speech you give between slashes.

I dunno about next week tho ... "A Day When Nothing Happens." Sounds ... eventful :P Filler ahoy looks like. Since they're going anime-original anyway, I'd rather they at least invent some new demons or something rather than padding it with filler about nothing. :/ ... Of course, I haven't read the manga so maybe the downtime is canon and important :P

5/5
Blind_GuardianAug 14, 2011 9:27 AM
Aug 14, 2011 9:58 AM
May 2011
I HATED IT
GODDAMN NEKO
GTFO YOU PUSSY BITCH
DAMN BETA FAGGOT SHOULD HAVE LEFT
GODDAMN SO MUCH FILLER
AND RIN WHY DONT YOU JUST FUCKING PRACTICE
THERES ONLY SO MUCH YOU SHOULDNT TAKE SERIOUSLY YOU TWAT
HE HATES IT HE HATES IT HE HATES IT HE HATES IT
Aug 14, 2011 10:15 AM

Jan 2010
TheInsaneKitsune said:
I HATED IT
GODDAMN NEKO
GTFO YOU PUSSY BITCH
GODDAMN SO MUCH FILLER

Lol. Am I the only one who never read the manga? I can't tell which is filler or not.

Overall good episode. I'm happy that Neko finally accepted Rin.....but I really hated him in this episode.
Aug 14, 2011 10:17 AM
Apr 2011
Another one quits?
Well okay.
I didn't like Konekomaru that much.
Aug 14, 2011 10:36 AM
Oct 2010
Kannei said:
dont tell me the green mouse mephisto haves is amaimon !!! at least its sooo cute
I'm 90% certain that's the case. I couldn't stop laughing for a minute when that mouse came out XD.
DaiTomodachi said:
Lol. Am I the only one who never read the manga? I can't tell which is filler or not.
It doesn't matter anymore if you haven't read the manga, since the anime already has an independent plot line.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 14, 2011 10:38 AM

Feb 2010
Konekomaru is annoying.
Damn they all just could accept Rin
Aug 14, 2011 10:41 AM

Sep 2010
This is full filler episode, so anime ending will be filler, because there is an Impure King arc in manga after court.
2e16nig.png
Aug 14, 2011 10:42 AM
Sep 2009
Ajunky said:
Kannei said:
I'm 90% certain that's the case. I couldn't stop laughing for a minute when that mouse came out XD.
DaiTomodachi said:
It doesn't matter anymore if you haven't read the manga, since the anime already has an independent plot line.

Amaimon is definitely the hampster.

Yeah. They're basically destroying any plot they had from the manga and ripping it to pieces. I don't get the point of a filler episode in the anime since there's only going to be 25 episodes....

Also, the fighting scenes are terrible. I only keep on watching because Rin and Mephisto are so funny.

This is starting to remind me of the fail of the Black Cat anime -_-
Aug 14, 2011 11:24 AM

Sep 2009
"A Day When Nothing Happens"

Sounds kickass.

In any case, is it just me, or is this show now less interesting than it was in the beginning? I guess they're going to ride this thing out using the last few episodes to get everyone to accept Rin or something similar and then plan for a second season. Eh, might as well ride this thing out, I guess.
Aug 14, 2011 11:52 AM

Jun 2010
I think they trust him now. The only ones that didn't trust him were Konekomaru and hes such a baby. My face when that hamster is Amaimon.

Aug 14, 2011 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
i gotta say amaimon took the spotlight for me LOL he was so cute it was freaky ._.; when he fell in the wheel i was like D'AWWWWWWW
anyways woot looks like everyone's back to being friends again 8D rather predictable episode throughout; theme is obviously trust and friendship lulz
we get a bit of development (if you can even call it that) for presumably the last arc of the anime
next week's a gag shima episode lulz i dont mind the filler, at least they make some sense in the storyline.............somewhat.............................................
Aug 14, 2011 12:08 PM

Jan 2010
WTH with that fillerish episode like i would care much about Konekomaru..he's not the main character you know =_=
oh and yes the next episode looks like it will be another filler argh ..just stop it goddamn it it won't ever reach to the manga awesomeness level with those 25 episode there only :/
meh but the cutest thing was AMAIMON THE HAMSTER <3

-credits goes to littlebats.tumblr.com
Aug 14, 2011 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
Aww! Cute episode! ^__^
Aug 14, 2011 12:28 PM

Jul 2010
I don't get these people insulting Neko so much... Am I the only one who quite likes him?
Also I'm pretty sure some people bitching about this epsiode is mainly about Neko and not the main character would go OMG MOST AWESOME EP EVER if this episode was Amaimon centred... +coughcough+
cryoffearAug 14, 2011 12:36 PM
Aug 14, 2011 12:32 PM

Sep 2009
Small-Scaredy-cat-kun is scared of Rin but not that Gale Akuma?
What i like the most in this episode is

Gale/Neko: You flithy Akuma, i'll chop your head off!
Bon: Stop there idiot! Look at yourself? I can't tell which is the Akuma!

LOL rin is cute. I wonder why are akuma calling Rin "filithy akuma" when they are not even half human.
Aug 14, 2011 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
Suddenly, all shows consist of loads of stuff happening while nothing actually happens.
This episode for example;
Konekomaru gets possessed, and the demon is ultimately slain. Both things negate each other.
Konekomaru decides to leave, and then he changes his mind. Again, they negate each other.

All that actually happened was Amaimon turning into a hamster, I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 14, 2011 1:01 PM

Aug 2010
LOL when I saw that hamster, I was like AMAIMON?! xD
Even if this was a filler (I didn't read the manga so I wouldn't know), it was a good one. And I guess it wasn't totally a filler cause there was progess.. Konekomaru isn't scared to death by Rin anymore! ;P
Aug 14, 2011 1:20 PM

May 2009
AWWWW! He didnt quit. well that just ruined my day. I still loved the episode :)
Aug 14, 2011 1:33 PM

Jan 2010
omg i so wat an Amaimon hamster now where can i buy one? XD but srsly it was a good episode despite being a filler. Wish they would animate the Impure King arc but seeing how its not finished yet I dont see it happening. Oh well heres to hoping for a season 2 maybe >.> if the made up ending dont friggin annhillate it from the water.

PS: I find 2nd OP so much more suited to Rin then 1st OP though both are epic hardcore(got both on my ipod). I know theres alot of 1st OP lovers out there but Im just giving my two cents XD
Aug 14, 2011 2:02 PM

May 2010
I actually liked this episode very much.
I don't know why everyone is like 'omgthiswassoawfuluhhkonekoitsnotlikethemanga'.
Sure i was quite dissapointed by episode 16 and 17 because it didn't follow the manga. I don't mind when they make changes but I was always like 'wthwhatisgoingon' while watching these episodes.

But this episode was different. Even though it had nothing to do with the manga I enjoyed watching it because the changes were well done. And although Konekomaru isn't my favorite character i liked that he was the center of attention because you can understand now why he is like that because he got through so much pain. And the Amaimon hamster was just awesome.

So all in all it was a very nice episode in my opinion. And if the next episodes are also as good as the recent I'm looking forward for the final.

And also I think you can't consider the episodes now as a filler. Yeah it's not the same as in the manga but it was obvious that they would deviate from it. And now it's just an anime original story with maybe some parts of the manga.
(lol that sounds kinda ..strange)
((i hope you understand what i mean and I'm sorry for my english it's not my native language D:))
Aug 14, 2011 2:08 PM

Apr 2011
Omfg I hate when this shit happens in anime. The main character has a justified reason to do something (in this case attack Konakomura) but then all he says is LEMME KILL HIM and everyone misunderstands.

ALL HE COULD HAVE SAID IS THAT THE BIRD THAT ATTACKED BEFORE WAS IN HIM. BUT NO. THE WRITERS JUST HAVE TO DO IT LIKE THAT.

>.>
Aug 14, 2011 2:22 PM

Aug 2009
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:
Omfg I hate when this shit happens in anime. The main character has a justified reason to do something (in this case attack Konakomura) but then all he says is LEMME KILL HIM and everyone misunderstands.

ALL HE COULD HAVE SAID IS THAT THE BIRD THAT ATTACKED BEFORE WAS IN HIM. BUT NO. THE WRITERS JUST HAVE TO DO IT LIKE THAT.

>.>

Exactly.

Alright, no one is talking about Yukio. There was a part about the daily check-up thing, and I think it's somewhat suspicious. Does he have powers too?
Aug 14, 2011 2:29 PM

Nov 2008
More fillers next episode? I dont' know how will this end...
Aug 14, 2011 2:59 PM

Feb 2008
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:

>.>

Yea such a stupid anime cliche aka plot device to fill up the last 10 minutes. Its stupid and outdated
Aug 14, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2011
Konekomaru is so annoying. He gives in too easily.
Aug 14, 2011 4:08 PM

Sep 2009
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:
I could not help but facepalm at that.

Kazandravk said:
Alright, no one is talking about Yukio. There was a part about the daily check-up thing, and I think it's somewhat suspicious. Does he have powers too?
I was thinking of powers but they way the show's portraying it (ooh, it's a HIMITSU *nyan*), it seems something sinister. Like life threatening.

So the demon just lets Koneko off like that? Such a fearsome demon *shudders*
I totally don't understand the Koneko hate here. Yes he is afraid, he is supposed to be. His mother & family was killed right in front of him with the same flames that Rin uses. A trauma like that is bound to have some effect on the mind you know. Plus he came to the academy to show appreciation to Bon's ppl. He didn't actually want to be Hercules for his own sake.

Offhand, is that Amaimon? I want to take him right now!!~ X3
And Bon is so tsundere <3
ValentilnAug 14, 2011 4:12 PM
Aug 14, 2011 4:12 PM

Jan 2011
Blind_Guardian said:

I don't care what Bon or Neko say, Rin's definately got 'something'. Speech No Jutsu, I guess you could call it. The ability to win villains over with long monologues the way Naruto does :P Fortunately talking seems to be a free action, no matter how long a speech you give between slashes.

Saying Rin has nothing wasn't an insult, its the reason why they trust him. What they mean is that Rin has nothing to fear within him. Bon is a good judgement of character, the reason why he's so on the fence about Rin is because on one hand, this IS the son of satan. But on the other hand, he can see that Rin is truly a good person and deserves at least trust, so that's what's been conflicting him.

Good episode, I hoped this chilled everyone the fuck out who was complaining that the anime was just SO ruined because of the so called inconsistency. This episode cleared that up perfectly imo.
Aug 14, 2011 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
Um, well, this is definitely not how the manga goes...but whatever.
They are now trusting Rin which shouldn't happen yet...in the manga they all still pretty much hated him at this point, especially Konekomaru.

Lol, Amaimon as a hamster was adorable!! Probably the best part of the episode in my opinion...
Aug 14, 2011 4:51 PM

Jan 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Blind_Guardian said:

Saying Rin has nothing wasn't an insult, its the reason why they trust him. What they mean is that Rin has nothing to fear within him. Bon is a good judgement of character, the reason why he's so on the fence about Rin is because on one hand, this IS the son of satan. But on the other hand, he can see that Rin is truly a good person and deserves at least trust, so that's what's been conflicting him.

Good episode, I hoped this chilled everyone the fuck out who was complaining that the anime was just SO ruined because of the so called inconsistency. This episode cleared that up perfectly imo.

I'm not sayin the anime is ruined XD I still like the show! But I do in fact like the manga version better.
Aug 14, 2011 4:55 PM
Jun 2011
DaiTomodachi said:
TheInsaneKitsune said:
I HATED IT
GODDAMN NEKO
GTFO YOU PUSSY BITCH
GODDAMN SO MUCH FILLER

Overall good episode. I'm happy that Neko finally accepted Rin.....but I really hated him in this episode.

You're not the only one! I haven't read the manga but I could definitely tell that the squid/beach episode was definitely filler e___e
Aug 14, 2011 5:20 PM

Jan 2011
SerenityB3128 said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Blind_Guardian said:

I'm not sayin the anime is ruined XD I still like the show! But I do in fact like the manga version better.

Thats cool, everyone is free to have their own taste. The problem last week was people were starting to condemn the anime purely because the changes.....its nothing wrong with liking the manga better, its when people become cynical manga purist when issues rise.
Aug 14, 2011 5:33 PM

Jul 2009
If this ended up in a cliffhanger I would've killed a person. LOL very frustrating episode but I'm glad it ended well.

4/5
Aug 14, 2011 5:40 PM
Aug 2011
makawako said:

-credits goes to littlebats.tumblr.com

First time poster, but I joined mainly to say:
Little green ham, I dub thee Hamaimon.

My theory is that Amaimon wasn't as much killed as he was banished from Assiah. Since beings from Gehenna usually need a body to inhabit, Mephisto put Amaimon in the body of a hamster to keep him under watch, yet keep him out of trouble.
SmallfootAug 14, 2011 5:44 PM
Aug 14, 2011 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:

>.>

*looks at username and profile picture*

Hmm.. You're one to talk about cliche. xD

But I agree anyway. This crap reeks of cliche bs and BLEEEEH. It's still watchable though.

I've seen 18 episodes already so it would be stupid to drop it now.
Aug 14, 2011 5:51 PM

Jul 2009
I for one like Neko...
- Why shouldn't someone act upon the resentment and fear the group feel towards Rin?
- Why shoundn't the 'weakling', with a direct link to Satan, feel the most fearful?
- Why wouldn't an evil manifestation target a weak person who needed power?
- How else was the timid moe male going to get attention when we have Shiemi?
I quite liked getting to know someone new (to a degree) without incorporating a new character, which is so easy.

It is a tad odd how Yukio isn't being looked at differently; just because he (alledgedly) has no powers, doesn't mean he's no threat.

Kanzaki_H_Aria said:

>.>

I can't stand that either!
Careless missunderstanding (comical or non-comical) are overused writers tactic simply to avoid being creative (writers block cure?).

Aug 14, 2011 6:00 PM

Jan 2011
ayeyosteven said:
Fucking neko.
Pussy ass shitface should just stop trying to be an exorcist.

lmfao this.

Lol amaimon xD

NEXT EPISODE IS ABOUT SHIMA HELL YEAH!! HE IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!
VioLinkAug 14, 2011 6:05 PM
[center]
Aug 14, 2011 6:16 PM
Sep 2009
What's up with Yukio? Am I the only one who noticed he ran off to the bathroom right before Rin was attacked?
Not to mention it showed what I thought was a burn from Rin last episode. Is he getting ill?
Or, rather, is he coming into his own power?
SOMUCHCONFUSIONGAHH.
Aug 14, 2011 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
So like this Gale demon was said to be very strong, even that snake sword girl approved of that yet we get a Okimura OHKO him without it putting a fight at all.
Aug 14, 2011 6:32 PM

Jul 2009
Orphina said:
What's up with Yukio? Am I the only one who noticed he ran off to the bathroom right before Rin was attacked?
Not to mention it showed what I thought was a burn from Rin last episode. Is he getting ill?
Or, rather, is he coming into his own power?
SOMUCHCONFUSIONGAHH.

LOL didn't you see ep 17? There was clearly something wrong with him. Some black spots appeared on his body...
Aug 14, 2011 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
my face for this whole episode
Aug 14, 2011 7:04 PM
Jul 2011
OH MY GOD. HAMSTER AMAIMON. <333 Heyyyylll Yes.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.