Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 2, 2013 12:41 AM

Sep 2010
Wow things are not in Simon's favor at the moment his waifu is a messenger and is unable to become human then he gets arrested.

The second part is a lot better than the first.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 8, 2013 7:46 AM

Sep 2012
love how this is a shoutout to all the other mecha anime where politics takes priority over the mech battles, and how (in future episodes) its shown that being logical and political in the world of TTGL just doesnt work.
final arc is heating up, easily the best arc ever made in an anime 17-27
Jul 9, 2013 4:18 AM
May 2012
WOW those people are so dumb they used to live underground now that their shit is gone they are complaining.
Jul 25, 2013 1:27 PM

Jan 2010
welp, looks like lord genome was trying to protect them
i knew rossiu was gonna pull that shit I JUST KNEW IT
haha somehow ttgl managed to stick in politics into the anime
i try to avoid anime with politics because it reminds me of irl politics and makes me stressed
Jul 26, 2013 1:57 AM

Sep 2012
Arigatoful said:
welp, looks like lord genome was trying to protect them
i knew rossiu was gonna pull that shit I JUST KNEW IT
haha somehow ttgl managed to stick in politics into the anime
i try to avoid anime with politics because it reminds me of irl politics and makes me stressed

in ttgl its specifically shown to not work trying to be political and logical in a world that literally runs on hotblood.
Sep 24, 2013 10:24 AM
May 2013
Simon saves them from living underground and that's what he gets, Rossiu especially.
This episode reminded me of
and I have Simon disappointed me. I wanted to see a leader who kills his people saying: "If you are by my side you are humans, if not your insects." (send me a message if you know an anime like this)
I knew killing Lordgenome is a bad idea.
Nov 8, 2013 11:35 AM

Apr 2011
Damnit Rossiu. Damnit.

You guys arguging politically correct to have a scapegoat or not isn't going to change my hatred towards him. He got hit with a rock and all of a sudden doesn't want to be seen as the bad guy.
Nov 20, 2013 11:38 PM

Apr 2013
The populace...
Powerful eyebrows.
Dec 22, 2013 6:30 PM

Apr 2012
welp, rossiu has turned into a total ass.
i hate his new personality >:(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2014 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
ROSSIU!!! YOU SUCK

And no Yoko in this episode? I am disappoint. And Nia is... NOOOOOO

I hope Simon beats the crap out of Rossiu in the next episode. :D
Jan 28, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2013
One thing. F'ck that Rossiu.
Mar 11, 2014 9:45 AM

Oct 2010
Rossiu is just an example of how power can corrupt a person.

The crowd was the worst of it, though. It is because of Simon that they are able to live above the ground with such a high standard of living. Guess it just goes to show that people will always want more, no matter how much you give them.
Mar 20, 2014 2:37 PM

Jun 2012
I actually don't hate Rossiu... I think he has the right mind set and his words ring pretty true... I just think he's going about it the wrong way. If he had given his honest opinions, and worked together with Simon these things might be going more smoothly. I wouldn't say respect is in order for it, but I was ready to hate his guts when I thought he'd order those men to shoot the people for throwing that rock, so I at least don't have any less respect for him.

I don't think what he's doing is the "wrong" thing, but I think he's just as much to blame as Simon... they simply have different methods, and so far Simon has definitely shown better results, so I don't see how anyone can say that Simon is solely at fault here.

I suspect Dayakka and Kittan won't be very happy with Rossiu here... I'm hoping they're going to try and free Simon. Only other person I can think of would be Yoko, though she might not even be in the city still. As for Viral, even if he wanted to save him... as it stands right now he's in no position to save anyone, since he himself is captured. It's interesting to see how all of the characters from Team Dai-Gurren are divided and picking sides. I'm amazed that Simon has so few followers compared to Rossiu.
Mar 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Apr 2010
Loved Nia's cell phone answer message, it was perhaps the only thing that gave me a laugh. But man everything felt so stressful in this episode, guess I have to let go of thr light heartedness of the previous arc and get used to the new serious tone. Not to say it isn't enjoyable, still my favorite show I'm watching right now.
BUT GIVE US BACK OUR BELOVED NIA FROM BEFORE PLZZ!!!
Mar 27, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2013
Man I miss the episodes with Kamina and Simon both piloting the Gurren Lagann
uBlinkedMar 27, 2014 4:14 PM
Mar 29, 2014 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I asked for info on Lagann and that's exactly what I got! Glad I got to know all of this, now I'm good.

The change in tone was certainly noticeable. Shit's starting to get real. It's a shame though, if it kept the regular tone it had during the first couple of episodes it would've stood out a lot more.

Good riddance. Bye Nia! Given the fact that I thought you were a pretty bland character to begin with, I'm entirely okay with this twist.
Apr 15, 2014 5:36 AM

Oct 2013
nah i reckon simon is true blue all the way, rossiu is pussingy out
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 11, 2014 10:46 AM

Aug 2013
I never liked Rossiu....
My Candies:
Jun 25, 2014 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
wow I'm really not liking weer this arc is going
if i was him I'd say fuck everyone and jsut leave and do his own thing
[/quote]
Jul 9, 2014 2:25 PM
May 2011
Eh i really hate how retarded Rossiu and the people are.

1. They forget they are allowed to live because of simon.
2. Sure he might have acted rashly and destroyed those things before thinking, but what if he didn't? None of their new mechs could even touch them, they would have just kept on shooting beams and destroying the entire city anyway. At least this way they figured out a way to minimize the damage.

I've already seen the series i'm just rewatching it. Thank god it gets better after, but this part really makes zero sense.
Jul 18, 2014 11:16 PM

Sep 2013
"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely". Well, this is working for Roshiu.
Aug 9, 2014 10:39 AM
Jun 2013
Hey its that hot mechanic chick. Man people sure did get married and had kids pretty quick. I knew rossiu would end up doing something stupid. Sucks what happend to nia but im sure simon will be trying hard to save her. I like that we finally got out full back story of why the world was the way it was. No heroic winning back in the old days it seems.
Aug 9, 2014 10:42 AM
Jun 2013
Tylerr said:
Eh i really hate how retarded Rossiu and the people are.

1. They forget they are allowed to live because of simon.
2. Sure he might have acted rashly and destroyed those things before thinking, but what if he didn't? None of their new mechs could even touch them, they would have just kept on shooting beams and destroying the entire city anyway. At least this way they figured out a way to minimize the damage.

I've already seen the series i'm just rewatching it. Thank god it gets better after, but this part really makes zero sense.

Yea but thats how it usally goes. The main person in charge always gets the blame no matter how much good they have done. I feel simon did the right thing since as you said without him acting those things would have killed everyone anyway.
Aug 22, 2014 12:39 AM

Jul 2013
Yep, this show is really good at showcasing the beautiful mess that is human impulse.

Nia is missing, Simon destroys that moon thing in haste out of concern for her and blows up the city before Gimmy and Darry can make their analysis, the crowd blames the government for everything out of need to place blame, Rossiu arrests Simon to appease the crowd, etc. It's a messy chain of events. It's hard holding anything against any character during times of extreme stress. But I will say Rossiu seemed to harbor envy towards Simon before and this seems like his way of venting it. Not really a fan of him right now.
Sep 11, 2014 10:31 PM

Sep 2014
So the genes that had anti-spiral factor/DNA was in the women that The Spiral King had a child with ? This child being Nina right ? When the one million goal was reached these genes of the anti-spiral activated which turned Nina right ? Sorry for all the questions :P.
Sep 13, 2014 12:08 AM

Nov 2011
I almost find the various reactions to the change in story more interesting than the story itself. I'll spoiler-out the portion talking about that, since it's only tangentially connected to the actual anime.

Now for my thoughts:

I like the new tone. The lessened degree of overblown emotions helps me to take the narrative and drama more seriously. At that, the Helix power has been given more significance rather than remaining an odd element that's just there without any context. I think it's too early to judge concerning the Anti-Helix and Nia's abrupt personality change (which admittedly felt like a bit of a buttgrab). I do hope the change in Nia's personality and DNA ends up having significance, at least, rather than being a shallow source of drama.

I have a slightly optimistic outlook going forward.
Sep 23, 2014 12:28 PM
Oct 2011
Well Rossiu was a know-it-all from the very beginning. The stupidity of humanity in this episode was frustrating to say the least. How do you turn on the person who gave you the carefree lifestyle in the first place. Too bad Shimon is such a good guy. He should've left all those fools to die.
Sep 24, 2014 4:58 AM

Apr 2014
Awwwww man, shit is getting real now, this is great.

On the other hand, Humans are ungrateful assholes.
kinda like real life.

Also, Daft Punk police?
Oct 28, 2014 12:51 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome episode
Nov 22, 2014 7:39 PM
Mar 2012
are you all for real? You realize Rossiu an Simon are leaders of the world, not of a fraternity, right?

They have responsibilities. People's well being depends on what they do and say. One of the two sees that, and he's being called an idiot by viewers for that!
Dec 23, 2014 3:04 PM

Oct 2014
Screw you Rossiu, you suck. I get the reasonings behind his actions, but Simon is their only hope of getting anything done. This is getting pretty damn intense.
Dec 29, 2014 2:53 AM

Feb 2013
Rossiou is being an ass but he is right in some ways. God damn do the people make me want to hit them. They wouldn't be there where they are now without Simon. So ungrateful.

The whole scene with Nia explaining everything, this is how I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSN9Hc0Y_2U

What's Simon going to do now that he is going to be arrested!? I hope Yoko shows up soon. She needs an apearence.
Jan 7, 2015 12:33 PM
Dec 2014
Rossiu is such a twat! Who the hell does he think he is?! It's all gone to his head that friking moron. URGH when's he going to die already.
Jan 19, 2015 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
just as i thought, spiral king was actually trying to protect humanity in his own kinda twisted way, but now the specifics have been revealed. kinda cool how they brought his head back to life.

from the sounds of it Nia is a straight up villain now, i thought she was being mind controlled or something, but I'm sure she will somehow become good again before the show's end.

really liked the part where both Nia and Lordgenome simultaneously revealed that the moon was going to crash into the earth. gave me the chills.

those ungrateful citizens sure turned on the government fast.

Rossiu is takin' over, fuck yeah. he turns out to be the best villain of all.
Feb 12, 2015 4:01 PM

Jun 2013
Rossiu becoming a villain? Nah. He's just doing his job. But I hope Simon get out of trouble. Hopefully they can save the world before it's too late! This anime is intense!
Apr 2, 2015 11:04 AM

Jan 2012
what happened to Nia.she is so boring now.Rossio u scum of shit

Apr 25, 2015 7:50 AM
Jun 2013
I have a general dislike for all the supporting characters. They are so dumb and insolent.

It's a shame that all this is happening. Nia and Yoko were two of the characters I actually liked and they're gone although I'm expecting yoko to come back soon.

Rossiu is the worst. I never cared for him but definitely kind of hate him now.
May 26, 2015 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
So Lordgenome is alive and the humans are part of a greater war.
Dan-TeMay 29, 2015 10:06 AM
Jun 28, 2015 7:32 PM

Feb 2014
Didn't expect them to keep Lordgenome alive o.o

Yay they've developed a nice way to defeat the enemies from the moon!

That ending though. Darn it Rossiu!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2015 3:53 AM
Jun 2014
Are people really calling this intellectual? Simon literally saved everyone without anyone or anything being damaged and the civilians riot. Then Rossiu is apparently doing the right thing by arresting the person that saved everyone so the people will be happy. That is dumb as hell. It's about as stupid as getting rid of vaccines to make anti-vaxxers happy.

The tone doesn't fit here at all. They can't have Kittan and co being their boneheaded selves and then trying to make some political drama out of it. They can't talk about Simon going into battles without much of a plan being a bad thing when they've done that for 15 episodes of the show. They can't have Lord Genome apparently protecting the people when he spent 15 episodes talking about how pathetic humans are. They especially can't doubt Simon now after they literally won every battle purely by believing in him.

Sigh I'm this far in, I feel compelled to finish it.
Sep 8, 2015 2:40 AM

Mar 2012
So cute you guys just learned what scapegoat means!

Okay episode.
3/5
End Zionazism
Sep 24, 2015 9:26 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I believe Rossiu has done the right thing so far. It's "cruel" but I thought it was rational. We got confirmation from the Helix King why he did those things and whatnot.

These last two episodes easily surpass the beginning of the series.
Nov 18, 2015 3:12 PM
Feb 2015
This episode was awesome

I was sure the truth behind this world was something like that, that doesn't explain the beastmen though

Russio is an asshole btw
Nov 22, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
Okay Rossiu and basically 90% of the population can die for all I care. Kamina dies for this, really? And where the fuck is Yoko, first half of this show was way better than that. Sigh, might have to drop my rating...
Feb 16, 2016 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
Well, f*ck you too, Rossiu
Feb 24, 2016 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
fucking shite, boring writing, mediocre characters, great animation, okay action.
Apr 1, 2016 3:03 PM

Jan 2012
Moon is going to fall on earth and those people care about politics. How dumb are they.
But finally this show got interesting again! \o/
Sep 19, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
Rossiu is going to arrest Simon? An interesting turn of events. I think the reactions of the people are a bit irracional, but I can understand them for the most part. Good Episode
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Oct 27, 2016 10:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The first time I watched this I absolutely loathed Rossiu and was on the verge of dropping it out of pure unbridled fury.

Doing my rewatch, I still think he's an ungrateful constipated prick, but I understand his rationale in what he's doing. I abhor his way of doing things.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 24, 2016 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
Hm, where DID Yoko go all this time, for the last 7 years? lol...
Also, Rossiu man.. He was such a good kid too, what happened to him? Smh

Welp, looking forward to see how this new Simon will overcome all these obstacles and disadvantages thrown at him.

caught in the wonder
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.