Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 2, 2011 11:29 AM

Apr 2011
Another great episode :)
When I think about it Jinta does remind me of Ryosuke Yamada.
Oh and that one guy was a creep, I would have kicked his bass.
Jun 10, 2011 11:20 AM

Jun 2009
Well, that was a touching episode especially on Yukiasu's part. Rejected twice as a person and as a ghost ouch!

Why can't Aneru just break up with those sluts? Fake friends and posers and sadly those types exists in real life.
Jun 16, 2011 12:10 PM

Mar 2011
Hopefully, Aneru wont mind too much about being dumped by her fake friends, as she has her old ones back now!

Such convoluted love circles, almost all unrequited! That's pretty good among a group of 6! I can see why the group started to have problems as they approached adolescence!

Ah! This is so engaging!
Jun 25, 2011 11:54 AM

Apr 2009
Yukiatsu is definitely my favourite Ano Hana character.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jun 27, 2011 6:15 PM

Oct 2009
kaena said:
btw this anime goes by so fast
20something minutes felt like 5 minutes
a sign of ENJOYMENT

I agree.

So far so good. Nice character development.
Jul 1, 2011 10:32 AM

Dec 2010
In fact, Anjou really had to slap that pervert. I almost regret my expectation on Yukiatsu to get my favorite character, but then he saved Anjou in a really smart way. And then, the train scene... it's hard to imagine them both being a couple, but infact... who knows, they really have the same thing in common.
And Tsuruko is hot as...
Jul 15, 2011 10:28 AM

Oct 2009
"I know she doesn't exist anymore. She doesn't exist anywhere!"
"...I'm right here."

T___T

I actually feel for Yukiatsu, in a way... since well, losing someone who you care for and love is something that can make people do some odd things, some really odd things.. I feel bad for him, although not as much as I do for Jinta...

Meritas said:
And Tsuruko is hot as...

You said the exact same line for the last episode, but I'm curious, what is she as hot as? XD
Jul 19, 2011 4:03 PM

Dec 2009
So...my prediction in the last episode topic was right. Huh. Yukiatsu felt so badly about his belief that he was the one who caused Menma's death that he spiraled into some psychological depression and then snapped and donned his Menma cosplay - trying to look like Menma so he could feel she was still with them in real life. You know, even though Yukiatsu is a creep for smelling Menma's dress and buying women's accessories and going into the night dressed as Menma - you gotta feel a little sorry for the guy, ya know? I guess if I cared soooooooooo much about someone and they suddenly died, or was so guilty about a death and snapped, who knows if I would do the same thing, too...? However, Yukiatsu redeemed himself 10-fold when he saved Anaru from that guy. And, so, Tsuruko really didn't know about Yukiatsu also - but, in the back of her mind she acutely did.

Also, yes, I cried during the episode. :'C
Aug 22, 2011 3:01 AM

Jun 2011
I thought the same thing silky. That is some pretty fucked up psychological shit though. xD This episodes was all around messed up. I felt bad for basically every single character...minus poppo & tsuruko. btw why did she have a flower clip of her own? i didn't catch that at all. and it was all scruffed up. very interesting...i really enjoy this anime. idc how 'overrated' some may think it is or how it makes me wanna cry every episode. xD it's excellent!
Sep 10, 2011 8:32 PM

Feb 2009
femalegoblin said:
btw why did she have a flower clip of her own? i didn't catch that at all. and it was all scruffed up.

I think the one that Tsuruko has is the "real one" (the one that Yakiatsu throws away when he confess to Menma). So, back then, Tsuruko in some way saw him throwing away and catch it after they were gone or something like that. The one that Yakiatsu has is a new one that he bought (on the scene that he is looking for something in the hair session).

Oh my, AnoHana is so awesome and sad at the same time. Every detail breaks my heart, seriously. Like Poppo asking Menma, you can see how desperate he was to talk to her, to believe too.
About Yukiatsu's confession and Menma saying "I'm sorry", it was beatiful. The fact that everybody has something hid inside of them and the way that they are showing is just "wow, sad, but not so sad and beatiful, but with moderation"... I want to see more scenes about Tsurumi, with all that "blah, I don't care" aura, I think she is the biggest "onion" on this show. haha (o ̄∇ ̄o)
Sep 13, 2011 3:07 PM

Jun 2009
Good stuff, Yuikiatsu is a great character I think. You can just tell how incredibly conflicted he is. I'm really enjoying his and Anaru's subplot especially so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 20, 2011 6:54 AM

Aug 2011
This one had me crying and I have a feeling the rest of the series is just gonna overkill ;~;
Being a person that lost her friend at a young age I truly sympathize with all of the 'team'. :'(
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Oct 30, 2011 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
Tsuruko is my favourite yet. Maybe because I can relate to her in so many ways.
Yukiatsu is a bitch but I still like him. He has some issues.

And oh I really hope next episode brings us joy of Menme being able to communicate with everyone else.
Nov 19, 2011 1:00 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode~! Super emotional. Is Yukiatsu's voice Rin's from Ao no Exorcist?

Why isn't Jinta fat? xD He eats, plays games, and sleeps :) Well, that wouldn't be a good main character then. Hahaa.

Those high school guys act too old for their age (perverted kids much? [and not in Jinta's adorable way xD]).. Reminds me of School Days O_O. Hahaa.

I think Yukiatsu is trying to pull all the people who are shaky about believing Menma so they can be against Jinta :(

5/5
fishergirl16Nov 19, 2011 1:06 PM
Nov 23, 2011 8:45 PM

Jul 2010
poor poppo, he just wants to help out. how can you help somthing that doesnt exist (for you)?

Dec 1, 2011 12:05 PM

Aug 2011
another great emotional episode!what kinda sick bastard would try and rape someone well i guess a sick bastard would, good thing Yukiatsu was there to help her, she sure has some good friends they know what that guys intentions where and they still let her go. and that ending was just sad hope at least someone get to see menma :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2011 4:23 AM

Nov 2008
Lol love triangles. Sigh, everytime Menma cries, it makes me wanna cry too. :'(
Dec 16, 2011 3:04 PM

Dec 2007
I don't get why Menma doesn't just ring a bell or pick up objects. Somehow she can touch people, and they can feel something.
Dec 21, 2011 2:28 AM

Nov 2011
I love the series so far, but what annoys me is Jintan himself. I mean he is so irresponsive!

When Menma was trying to say she wanted to talk to them, Jintan should have said it aloud that she was trying but didn't know why she couldn't. Also, he could have said that Menma was hugging them when they felt that weight. That's the times they could actually tell she was there. And he could have also defended himself about Menma's muffins. Couldn't they tell the food in Jintans chopsticks kept disappearing though they weren't near his mouth? Because Menma was stealing it from him. Ugh, he is pissing me off... Well, right now. That's my only pet peeve with him.

But otherwise I am quite attached to these characters and Jintan. And I love the intros/outros. I am totally expecting a moment in the near future where I'm going to overflow with tears.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Jan 5, 2012 11:56 AM

May 2009
What kind of preview is that oh god...

This show is full of emotions.

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Jan 19, 2012 12:17 PM

Sep 2009
I feel like I wanna give an extra point just for mentioning Yamada from Hey!Say!JUMP XD
that was so randomly awesome!
I love HSJ! and Yamada too!
Feb 7, 2012 3:51 PM

Sep 2010
Here's what I'll predict will happen:

1. Jinta will end up with Naruko
2. Tsurumi witl Mastuyuki
3. Menma will disappear by the end of episode 11.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 11, 2012 10:31 AM
Jun 25, 2012 8:55 PM

May 2011
Menma crying is a very touching scene there!
Jul 14, 2012 10:32 PM

Aug 2010
Didnt expect Yukiatsu would go and save Anaru! :o

I was just thinking, to prove of Menma's 'existence', why not ask her to do something so Jintan can prove that Menma really is there and did make that cupcake or something!

I feel kind of irritated by Menma at this point, not very sure why.. And even though I know that Poppo might not mean any harm but i guess those words were a little too much for Menma who also have no answers to those questions herself..
Jul 24, 2012 4:35 AM

May 2012
Damn what a lovely episode the ending made me cry a little :'(
Aug 14, 2012 9:26 PM

Apr 2009
So basically only Poppo isn't in this love mess.
Sep 29, 2012 5:33 AM

Apr 2010
forever777me said:

It would be too predictable...

Still, nice episode.
Oct 1, 2012 5:25 AM

Sep 2011
LOLOLOL so many love triangles.

kratos_aurion said:
forever777me said:

It would be too predictable...

Still, nice episode.

It seems Jinta will end up with Menma though.

Jan 4, 2013 12:25 AM

Jul 2009
excellent episode.

Matsuyuki turned a 180 after that performance.

so Naruko is a virgin, damn bastard trying to steal away Naruko.

while i still hate Matsuyuki, at least thanks to him Naruko is safe.

Naruko does love Jintan huh?

i just feel bad for Naruko falling for Jintan.

i mean why not me?!?! :P

why did Tsurumi had a similar hair pin like Menma?

is she trying to mimic her so that Matsuyuki would look at her.

Poppo went to far though, we already know everyone wants to talk to Menma.

can't wait for the next one, this series is too short though :\
Jan 19, 2013 9:49 AM

Jun 2012
It's sad that only yadomi can see menma D:
Mar 22, 2013 7:00 PM
Jul 2018

Why does it feel that I'm liking Yukiatsu?
I have such flairs for antagonists guys.
Mar 24, 2013 10:10 AM
Mar 2013
Animatronix said:
I don't get why Menma doesn't just ring a bell or pick up objects. Somehow she can touch people, and they can feel something.

Exactly I was really annoyed that she just started crying. DO SOMETHING!

Is it that hard? She can pick up things, she can cook and she can eat. I think she just likes being there and doesn't want to vanish, but if that's the case she shouldn't ***** about some stupid wish!
*sigh~~~*
Weird anime's are weird.
Mar 27, 2013 9:01 AM

Sep 2012
I feel sorry for Poppo... :(
May 4, 2013 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
The scene where Yukiatsu grabs Jinta and tells him it's his fault that Menma died was so powerful. I was seriously holding back tears. It seems Tsuruko knew that he has been feeling this way. She has been with him as well when he bought the dress that looked like the one Menma had.

The scene on the train was also great. Yukiatsu tells Anaru that they've been left behind, which is ironic since Yukiatsu must be near the top of his class and at a prestigious school yet he is left behind by Jinta who is basically a dropout.

I will say that Menma crying at the end was a little over the top. It was a touching moment without a doubt but she's basically been crying everytime something sad happens (which is fine since it was stated that she was a crybaby) but it lost a little bit of the feeling for me seeing it so many time. Just a little though :)

I hope they'll all be able to see her
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 23, 2013 3:51 AM

Apr 2013
A lot of emotion in this episode. But still it was great. And they mentioned One piece as well.
May 26, 2013 3:26 AM

Dec 2012
Yukiatsu sure redeemed himself well, like the MAN he is indeed. He's no woman!

Glad to see Anjou actually put up some resistance and not be like one of those ridiculous anime chicks who SOMEHOW gets NTR'd by going along even though she doesn't want it in the first place.

I find it ridiculous that Menma is able to interact with her surroundings physically, won't it make it extremely easy to prove that she is there, and possibly even interacting with the rest of them? It's so painfully obvious that I'm wondering whether this plot hole would ever be resolved.
Jul 2, 2013 6:59 AM
Dec 2012
This episode made me cry like a baby. It was just.. so perfect. The voiceacting, the story...
Jul 30, 2013 10:30 AM
Feb 2008
It was an interesting episode. I like how candid Yukiatsu is but he's still an asshole. It's a bit odd how the glasses chick knows everything about everyone though. I mean I guess she's good at reading people but I just find it strange that she hasn't exposed herself at least a little emotionally as the others have so far.

As for Menma's interactions I'm not sure you're supposed to take those literally. It's not confirmed if she's a ghost or some manifestation of Yadomi's guilt/resentment or just some delusion since both she and his mom died so suddenly.
Sep 28, 2013 2:41 PM

May 2013
Best episode since the first one.
yuki's scene really got to me. hes my fav character now. i loved his dialouge with anarou it was both heart warming funny and emotional.
i loved the one piece reference it made me smile.

so far this show is a 9
Dec 4, 2013 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
Wait, so... Yukiatsu likes Menma, while also liking Anaru, Anaru and Menma on the other hand both like Jinta, and Poppo is forever alone? What a love octagon.
Dec 15, 2013 3:23 PM
Feb 2013
How dare that guy use One Piece to get on with Anaru, that good for nothing. However, I think Poppo was sadder at the end then Menna was
Dec 26, 2013 1:57 PM

Jul 2013
Now the drama spike things up, that ending caught me off guard when Poppo is blurting out those words in front of Menma (even though he can't see or hear her).

Glad that Yukiatsu saved Anaru from that person who harass her. Now I want to see her true feelings for Jintan.

Everyone is very influence about Menma image, but gets a little downright from some people. Even the crossdressing Yukiatsu liked her huh... well this episode had lots of feels into it, I like to where this is going.

Jan 16, 2014 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
I watched the first 5 episodes of this show and i didn't wrote anything

I actually love this anime..very emotional and deep

i liked this episode too..Glad that Yukiatsu saved Anarou from that guy

One Piece reference FTW
Mar 7, 2014 10:32 PM

Mar 2013
This was a much more emotional episode and the story is finally developing nicely.
Mar 23, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, seeing Poppo so desparate to talk to Menma was really depressing. And her crying without him noticing it... But really Menma, just make a bowl fly or something!

So we got to ''solve'' the case about Yukiatsu. Man, he got rejected by the girl he loved and then she die... Same for Jin-tan, he tell her that he doesn't love that ''ugly girl'' and then hours later, she die. Fate is really a bitch, right?

I was really scared when that molester forced Anaru to follow her to an hotel. What a fucker, go die in an alley, plz.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 15, 2014 7:12 AM

Sep 2013
The story is getting pretty interesting, its nice to see Yukiatsu not acting like a jerk anymore.
May 13, 2014 4:47 PM

Jun 2012
This confirms that the One Piece fanbase consists mostly of rapists.
May 17, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2012
I'm really liking the character interactions. They're just too gud.

And I really want this to have a happy ending. :I
Jun 9, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2012
idiot. you don't ask a girl who was just about to be sexually assaulted if she wants to go out with you. there is a time and a place for things.

and he's probably still in love with Menma so I don't even know if he really likes Anjou?
so if it was a joke then it was even less considerate.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.