Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 22, 2010 3:40 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"NONSENSEU DAAAAAA!"

-What I was the most curious about this episode was why Joey's eyes are glowing. As I thought, he also has power from the the arm gauntlet thingy. I'm sure it has something to do with the power-up mode that Heroman had. Something tells me it's taking his energy away or something.

-BTW, I really like the Skruggs leader's voice. And again, awesome villain music when the sphere was released.

-Now, I thought that the concept of a sphere that crushes anything was pretty dumb since this seemed kind of like a set up for "Failed Alien Plan of the week." until not only did they not really stop it, they released like five more and I was like "FUUUUUUUUU-." These aren't the tokusatsu "we'll get you next times Power Ranger' aliens. More like the "let's not let up this invasion and kill all humans" aliens

-Next week looks really good (They really aren't letting up)
Apr 22, 2010 5:37 AM

Jun 2009
Well...this episode was a so-so. Not as entertaining as the last 3 episodes but I guess it's okay. 3/5

Also, seems like next week Psy will play the guitar.
Can't wait^^

Apr 22, 2010 6:02 AM

Nov 2008
I fucking love this show!

The extra tracks they played really enhanced this episode greatly for me. I was actually in suspense and when Heroman busted his hand I was like, oh shit!

Of all the good shows presently airing, I can't help but look forward to this the most. Yes, that includes Durarara, FMA: Brotherhood, Angel Beats, etc...
Apr 22, 2010 6:12 AM

Nov 2008
This and Angel Beats are the only shows this season that got me really excited for the next ep.

HIROMAN ENGEIJI!!
Apr 22, 2010 6:17 AM

Mar 2009
Wow , giant sea urchins!!
Can't wait to see the stealth bombers and Psy's awesome performance.
Mokyuu♥~!!

Apr 22, 2010 6:27 AM

Nov 2008
Chucky said:
HIROMAN ENGEIJI!!
i c wut u did thar
Apr 22, 2010 6:37 AM

Nov 2008
I wonder why they haven't dropped nukes on the alien fortress yet.
Apr 22, 2010 7:12 AM

Sep 2007
The more i saw this anime ...
The more i love it !
Apr 22, 2010 7:30 AM

Aug 2009
Chucky said:

Well in the preview for next week, they do the second best thing (bomb drop swarm)
Apr 22, 2010 8:14 AM

Feb 2008
well now things get interesting.

hehe giant spiked balls. simple but effective hehe.

although the preview gives light to a rather obvious and predictable plot.

Apr 22, 2010 8:20 AM

Sep 2008
Wow so Psy is going to use a guitar against them.

Wonder if sound waves are effective against them o.O
• † Trevor Asuka Shinn † •
Apr 22, 2010 9:49 AM

Feb 2009
wooo I love this show. I look forward to it every week! Can't wait to see what damage psy does with his gutair lol. I want more lina :D
Apr 22, 2010 11:13 AM

Feb 2008
So the great weapon of this supposedly highly advanced race, is a giant pinball ball which grows spikes? >_>
Eh.

As for the episode itself, I didn't find it as boring the as previous ones, but it was still pretty bland.
Apr 22, 2010 11:27 AM

May 2009
Kayro said:
So the great weapon of this supposedly highly advanced race, is a giant pinball ball which grows spikes? >_>
Eh.

This was exactly what I was thinking!! But I don't think that anything in this series makes sense...

i.e. why did they have to evacuate the people with trucks??? I mean couldn't they just cross the street to get out of the ball's way??

Stan Lee is getting senile...
Apr 22, 2010 12:04 PM
Jul 2009
Well atleast they didn't use the balls in canon shots, that would have sucked, also I beleave Joey made connection with Heroman when his eyes glow, its a link that is going on and their both pretty much fighting the sphere together. Thats why he was tired, because he could feel the weight of the sphere.

Now I liked this ep alot, it showed that the aliens weren't just a joke, that hero man and Joey, are going to have a tuff time, especially if they're alone in the fight.
Poor willy, got what he wanted, and what was coming to him, for sheer and utter stupidocity.
Markr24Apr 22, 2010 2:50 PM
Apr 22, 2010 12:06 PM

Dec 2007
This anime is pure fun.
Apr 22, 2010 1:22 PM

Aug 2009
peroxid said:

This was exactly what I was thinking!! But I don't think that anything in this series makes sense...

i.e. why did they have to evacuate the people with trucks??? I mean couldn't they just cross the street to get out of the ball's way??

Stan Lee is getting senile...

At the beginning, I agree with you but well isn't it a good thing now that they evacuated them with trucks since there is a lot more of those spheres?
Apr 22, 2010 1:57 PM

Nov 2009
Kayro said:
Eh.

^ ^ ^
This. Somehow it was more bad ass then a bunch of aliens with advanced weapons. Even Heroman couldn't stop it! *gasp* Well at least it was not really cliché, just stupid.
I agree with Garfield; The skrugg's seiyuu is awesome and most likely the only voice that doesn't drive me insane.
Psy slightly irritates me; it might be his enourmous and puffy hairball, or the fact that they have a crippled person running all over the place acting as the courier. "Quick psy run and save the refuges!" O.o
Apr 22, 2010 2:51 PM

Sep 2007
For the Giant Pinball Ball, they look "alive" for me ...
Not the best "alive" but i prefer that to another one "big gun who erase all the buildings". <_<

It's not cliche, not stupid, but original for me.
It's so much différent from a big cannon. :[
Apr 22, 2010 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
Did anyone noticed Stan Lee @ about 4:36 sighing in the shelter? Or was it just me lol.
This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against me.
Apr 22, 2010 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
For the Giant Pinball Ball, they look "alive" for me ...
Not the best "alive" but i prefer that to another one "big gun who erase all the buildings". <_<

It's not cliche, not stupid, but original for me.
It's so much différent from a big cannon. :[
Or the typical giant mecha. We still don't know what's inside it though.
Apr 22, 2010 4:44 PM
Dec 2008
i bet they could kill the aliens with a nuke.
kills all biological life
Apr 22, 2010 4:54 PM

Feb 2009
Aliens: "Still had all these..."

OH SHI-
TO BE CONTINUED...
Apr 22, 2010 5:05 PM

Apr 2009
Oh Bones, I am so disappoint. =/
I'm not liking the Heroman megazord. Joey screaming "HEROMAN!" every 15 seconds doesn't help either. Behind every main character, there's a girl that wants to fuck his brains out, but for whatever reason, Joey ignores Lina and goes after Black-Spike? Deathball better makes things more interesting.
Apr 22, 2010 5:13 PM
Nov 2009
i doubt the sphere's are weapons. they most likely have some other purpose.
Apr 22, 2010 5:44 PM

Jun 2007
everydaygamer said:
i doubt the sphere's are weapons. they most likely have some other purpose.

like steam rolling everything on the world so that it's flat? The Aliens want to start over so what better way then to destroy everything humanity has ever created lol.
Apr 22, 2010 6:08 PM

Nov 2008
kaena said:
You seem to forget that these are highly evolved cockroaches. Even the normals ones are much more sufficiently radiation resistant than most biological life on earth.
Apr 22, 2010 6:18 PM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
kaena said:
You seem to forget that these are highly evolved cockroaches. Even the normals ones are much more sufficiently radiation resistant than most biological life on earth.

Just hit me that that is a terrible idea.

If it is theorized that normal cockaroaches can survive a nuclear explosion, super-intelligent cockroaches should brush it off like it's just a humid day.
Apr 22, 2010 6:33 PM

Nov 2008
^ Exactly. Which pretty much makes them invincible. Well, until Heroman busts them up.
Apr 22, 2010 7:31 PM

Aug 2009
I just can't seem to get into this much, it's just too boring, don't know why I feel this way though :p

Apr 22, 2010 9:30 PM

Nov 2007
LOL this episode. I admit I enjoyed it, despite its flaws. "HEROMAN... AUGMENT!" Damn Joey, props to you. I would have expected "TRANSFORM!" or something haha.

Comments:
- I laughed so hard when Joey employed Psy to help. "Psy! I know you're crippled but we need YOU to go evacuate people. Hurry!" Oh geez.

- Anyone else feel weirded out when the ship, er, "let drop" that first ball? Looked so much like someone taking a shit. Or even giving birth, lmao.

- Will and his sidekick are so annoying. Hurry up and die. And how did they even manage to sneak on board in the first place? Surely the Skrugg are advanced enough to detect intruders. Oh well, I guess their purpose is so we learn more about the Skrugg.

- Haha the weapons may seem primitive, but damn, they're effective. What the hell are you gonna do when you can't stop a ball that destroys everything in its path? Seriously, that one ball could run to the other side of the world and back again. What's interesting is that when it was released from the ship and ran down the side, the ship wasn't harmed. So either the ship is incredibly fortified or resistant to their own technology. (Also, it appears to be alive.)

- Lina is annoying and useless. I hope they flesh her character out and she actually DOES something. Otherwise she can gtfo.

- Am glad Heroman couldn't easily stop the ball. Yay suspense!
yamakasiApr 22, 2010 9:35 PM
Apr 22, 2010 10:10 PM
Mar 2010
Chucky said:

Um...because there are 3 million people in the city? There's 10-20 Trillion dollars worth of infrastructure in the city? You don't nuke your own cities until you absolutely have to. I'm sure the idea has crossed the President's mind, but first he'll want to exhaust all other options.

Oh, and if the alien ship's forcefield is too strong for nukes, the backup plan is usually to nuke everything within 100 km of the invasion force. If they move, nuke that region, too. Make it worthless to them to invade, in other words. But that really is the last resort.
Apr 22, 2010 10:32 PM

May 2009
The nostalgia effect is wearing off, so I'm not enjoying the last couple of episodes as much as the first couple. Joey is a so-so lead character. Psy is pretty cool. Everyone else is snore to annoying. The baddies are roaches. Why aren't they experimenting on Will and his portly sidekick or is there no longer any interest? Sigh. I'm pretty sure I would be loving this series if I was much, much younger. Not bad. Just doesn't grip me in the least bit.
Apr 22, 2010 10:49 PM

Sep 2009
It was funny when Heroman first tried to go against that sphere.

I hope Lina gets a bigger role in all of this...I wouldn't mind seeing her somehow contribute to the fight against the aliens.
Apr 22, 2010 10:58 PM

Sep 2009
saxophone15 said:
It was funny when Heroman first tried to go against that sphere.

LOL, I was rolling! They were like "Uh?!" Classic.
Apr 23, 2010 1:01 AM

Sep 2007
Hehehehe !
About Will and his friend ...
You don't look in the preview ?
Look better ... You will saw two "others" Cockroach who are differents ... One Smaller ... and one with bigger muscles.
So ... Why do you think if Will and his friend are killed by Joey ?

Why not ? Not possible because it's a show for kids ? o/
Hum ... Two name : Stan Lee, Gwen Stacy.

It's why, i have big hope for this show.

Oh ... And about the ball ... If you really want to compare another show with a big ball ...
Try the series : The prisoner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnrPWxDtzsE
ShiroiRyuApr 23, 2010 1:05 AM
Apr 23, 2010 6:34 AM

Oct 2008
Heroman's animation is the best this season . . Drrr , angel beats , arakawa . Animation wise , they are not on par wit heroman . . .
Apr 23, 2010 6:38 AM

Feb 2009
This is getting interesting...

"Heroman...Engage!"
*Heroman grows big and approaches the sphere*
SPLAT!!
*Heroman gets squished*
LOL

I find it troubling that they evacuated everyone but they left Psy. From the preview also, it seems Lina stayed. How could the military miss evacuating people. Stupid military.

I was expecting a random powerup here and they gave it. Though how far can they go with the powerups? Maybe extra parts from the toys, since Joey replaced Heroman's arms.

Next episode, assassins. I'm starting to enjoy this show, though it's kind of irritating when Joey is screaming Heroman like every minute.
Apr 23, 2010 6:43 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:

Next episode, assassins. I'm starting to enjoy this show, though it's kind of irritating when Joey is screaming Heroman like every minute.

I bet if a guy was playing him (which should really happen if this gets dubbed) it might be less annoying.
Apr 23, 2010 9:04 AM

Feb 2009
acemig007 said:
Did anyone noticed Stan Lee @ about 4:36 sighing in the shelter? Or was it just me lol.

He's been in this show since episode 1. Now they evacuated him to somewhere we don't know :(
Apr 23, 2010 9:18 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
acemig007 said:

He's been in this show since episode 1. Now they evacuated him to somewhere we don't know :(

"That damn kid is taking too long with my ****ing coffee!"
Apr 23, 2010 9:48 AM

Jun 2008
garfield15 said:
Maximatum99 said:
kaena said:

Just hit me that that is a terrible idea.

If it is theorized that normal cockroaches can survive a nuclear explosion, super-intelligent cockroaches should brush it off like it's just a humid day.

Then all they need is disinfectant. I don't know if you ever tried throwing some at a cockroach but it's immediate death.
Even with bug spray they run quite long before they die but once i threw a little Dettol(don't know if you know the product at the US) at one and she died at the spot. This enlarged my idea that they are more like a dirty microbe than bugs, no wonder they are so dirty.

ArcticMech said:
The nostalgia effect is wearing off, so I'm not enjoying the last couple of episodes as much as the first couple.

THIS.
The show gets more lame as it goes. I don't expect it to be more than a comic style of show but still there is a limit on how childish you can be before it starts to look bad.
I also hate how the army always does nothing in Alien invasion shows like this. I'm certain than the US army and world army in general can do a lot better than just sending ten F-22 and quiting after they get destroyed.

Also why are people gathering at a building in an Alien invaded city instead of starting moving to other city's? Would you stay there?

Lame alien plan is also lame. Yeah let's throw some big round spheres to go around earth. What exactly to they expect with that?
If they want to destroy humans then just release some biological,chemical weapon or some massive destruction weapon and get over with it.

Oh yeah the idiot got captured. Surprise, surprise!!

helur said:

Psy slightly irritates me; it might be his enourmous and puffy hairball, or the fact that they have a crippled person running all over the place acting as the courier. "Quick psy run and save the refuges!" O.o

Me too and i don't think it's just for that. I hate his face and his hair and how they try so hard to make him look like the most decent person ever that can be the perfect supportive character.
MonadApr 29, 2010 8:01 PM
Apr 23, 2010 9:56 AM

Oct 2008
Monad . . . I really look forward to your posts on every thread . But this time , i don't agree wit you . . . . Don't compare this anime to those big gun anime series , just take it easy and enjoy this anime . . . Its so nostalgic . . . . Don't go so hard on it . . . :) :) plz . . .
Apr 23, 2010 12:28 PM
Dec 2008
i think the disabled cough*psy*cough
should stay still and not move around if there are aliens invading.
and why does joey have to stretch out when he says "heroman engage or whatever" so that it takes like 10 seconds to say it. he can just say heroman engage instead of saying hero---man en-----ga---ge!!~~~~
Apr 23, 2010 1:49 PM

Aug 2009
I really wish they would sto screaming the name Heroman, it's getting kinda annoying. The art and music again was fantastic GO BONES!
Apr 23, 2010 2:16 PM

Dec 2008
JAAAYZUUS. This was soo boring. Sooo dumb. The dialog SUCKED.
"We are here. And now we are here."
"Yes indeed"
And the sphere? The most unnecessary and idiotic weapon ever. And it was funny only for a moment.
DROPPED!
Apr 24, 2010 10:03 AM
Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
belatkuro said:

I bet if a guy was playing him (which should really happen if this gets dubbed) it might be less annoying.

To be honest, i still think Joey is actually a girl.
Apr 24, 2010 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was OK. I'm just insulted that the human race is getting it's ass kicked by cockroaches and balls! WTF Stan Lee?! WTF?!
Apr 24, 2010 5:53 PM

Sep 2007
I still can't get over the fact that the aliens that are terrorizing the Earth are oversized cockroaches.

Dropped. If I had more time on my hands, maybe I could put up with it, but as it is, I gotta be a little picky with my shows :P Oh Heroman, you've totally failed me in FAL.
IriyaApr 24, 2010 5:56 PM
Apr 25, 2010 12:07 PM

Mar 2008
Why so much haaaate? I'm loving this, well, all except the yelling Heroman's name every minute and the command system lol but compared to this season's competition, this is a fairly awesome show.

I love the animation and music~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroman Episode 11 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

24 by ayann72_ »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 12 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 17, 2010

25 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 5 Discussion

garfield15 - Apr 29, 2010

49 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Apr 1, 2010

260 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chucky - Sep 23, 2010

55 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.