Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2010 4:04 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This...soundtrack...is...effing....killer. I want a CD of it. Seriously.

-Harem protagonists and romance male characters, listen well, watch the Spring 2010 season and learn how to become men. Kosuda, Sai Akuto and now, surprising Joey Jones are better than you in every way :D. But seriously, Joey of all people actually got through a date and saved the day without screwing up the relationship. (Arm grab on the ferris wheel gave me a "Dawwww" moment)

-Hot sensei I mean, apparently her name is Collins, actually showed up. Surprising. I did get a good laugh at their failed attempt to stalk Joey.

-I guess this was to be a nice episode because next week, shit hits the fan.

(Wow, didn't really think this show would be going for 26 episodes)

EDIT: Oh yeah, cheerleader outfit-less/bathing suit Lina was awesome. That is all.
Jun 17, 2010 4:55 AM

Sep 2007
Hey ... Lina is awesome ...
And JOEY TOO !
How normal watchers can drop this anime when we have a awesome hero ? XD
Jun 17, 2010 6:46 AM

Jul 2008
Joay may be girly, but he certainly knows how to make a date successful XD
Anyway, seems that next week the excitement starts again :D
Jun 17, 2010 4:43 PM

Feb 2010
Well that's was a cute episode indeed :)

The competition between Psy and Holly when Joey and Lina started to run was pretty cute too :) Would make a interesting couple Psy and Holly ? :D Why not ? XD

Of course, Heroman was there to save the date XD

Jun 17, 2010 4:52 PM

May 2009
I don't get why they chased after Joey and Lina on their date, lol. I liked this episode. The action was nice. I've begun to enjoy this anime a bit more since the Skrugg were defeated.
Jun 17, 2010 5:28 PM

Aug 2009
I can't, I can't
and lol at the random food recommendation
Jun 17, 2010 7:52 PM

Feb 2008
lol oh so the girl waits for the guy this time around? hahahahaha. we are not there yet.

that was quick. his identity was discovered so easily. that Hughes character should be able to at least understand the need to for anonymity. either they will turn him into a bad guy, and the city will defend him. or they will try to catch him and fail and in the end work with him when a "bigger" enemy shows up.
Jun 17, 2010 8:06 PM

Nov 2009
I really enjoyed this episode; could be described as exuberant. They implemented the date well, and didn't overdo it by adding extra drama. Plus i found the stalking situation hilarious. I would call the stalking cliche for a date episode, but we don't get enough of them for it to qualify.

Plus, i love how Hughes found out his identity. I am a big fan of exposing super heroes, and i actual prefer those that flaunt there powers when they can. Interesting to see this grand escape plan next week.
Jun 17, 2010 8:20 PM

Oct 2008
helur said:
I really enjoyed this episode; could be described as exuberant. They implemented the date well, and didn't overdo it by adding extra drama. Plus i found the stalking situation hilarious. I would call the stalking cliche for a date episode, but we don't get enough of them for it to qualify.

On the contrary, I think the stalking on a friend/relative's date is pretty cliche for anime. But in Heroman there was a more down-to-earth charm to it so it was very acceptable. It wasn't the least bit over-the-top or filled with cheap, sexual, slapstick silliness, and Heroman doesn't need that either.

Though I will admit this, as far as practical dates go, this was the weirdest one I've sen in anime for a good reason.

1) No one seemed to dress appropriately for the occasion/weather. Joey wore the same clothes as he always does without even trying to find a pair a pants that didn't have a hole by the knee. And while I don't mind girls dressing sexy for a date, Lina's clothing seemed a bit more revealing, even if it was by the beach. I don't know, maybe it's just me. And the teacher and Professor Denton seemed to wear the same clothing on the weekend?
Jun 17, 2010 11:06 PM

Sep 2009
Great episode. There was some surprisingly nice animation during that fight, and Joey managed to have a successful date. Much much better than a lot of other dates in anime that always get interrupted and don't end right.

Looks like they are on the run next episode. I didn't hear them mention Lina, I kinda want her to run away with Joey just so they can be together.
Jun 18, 2010 12:00 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, Joey is a pro.
It's no wonder Lina wants a piece of him.
Jun 18, 2010 2:16 AM

Jun 2009
The stalking part was hilarious. I love it:D Didn't expect the teacher also join to stalkxD
Woah next episode, Joey is going to leave the city.

The date was a successful. Last part was cute^^

Jun 18, 2010 8:52 AM

Feb 2009
Hypeathon said:
No one seemed to dress appropriately for the occasion/weather. Joey wore the same clothes as he always does without even trying to find a pair a pants that didn't have a hole by the knee. And while I don't mind girls dressing sexy for a date, Lina's clothing seemed a bit more revealing, even if it was by the beach. I don't know, maybe it's just me. And the teacher and Professor Denton seemed to wear the same clothing on the weekend?
It's the same for a lot of animes, you see the characters wear the same clothes everyday. It's like their closets are full of the same design. That, or they don't really change their clothes at all :P

But oh man, Lina's clothes here was so amazing. A nice change from the cheerleader outfit. Those legs *drools*.....

Anyways, this was a nice episode. It's typical for dates in anime to have someone or a lot of people following them but it's rare that one goes well like this. The stalkers are funny but I kinda got some gay vibes from Psy with his reasoning of why he's following them. Anyone else got a vibe of Mary Jane in Spiderman 2 when Lina told Joey to save the day? In the end, Joey sure scored a lot here with the ferris wheel trick(Lol Heroman as a power source). Lina grabbing Joey's arm was really sweet.

And shit got real at the last part and the preview. Joey leaving town? Wonder where they'll go. And what about Lina? This show is a lot of fun, and it's 26 episodes. Hope we get a new OP song next week.

Lol at "Go MR-1" reflection on Dr. Minami's glasses when he started the attack.
Jun 18, 2010 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
Not much in this episode. But still pretty good. I hope they release an OST soon!
Jun 18, 2010 5:16 PM

Apr 2009
I kinda want to see what his sister's addition to the fight is gonna be...even though I can guess it.

Episode was ok. Lina shorts made it bareble.
Jun 20, 2010 8:30 AM

Aug 2009
um_esper said:

^This.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jun 20, 2010 8:39 PM

Jun 2008
um_esper said:

Drools on Lina shorts.

I still can't believe this show actually improved.
Date was fun and all and the the fact that it went ok with no useless drama was something they did very well.
As for side characters? Am no fun of professor or his friend but his sister is awesome. She's crazy but not an idiot like those two. So the stalking was fun because she was there and the teacher with her guilty behavior helped too.

Next episode seems like an interesting one. Hero on the run.
Jun 21, 2010 10:58 PM

Sep 2008
I'm a little disappointed that Joey's identity was revealed so fast, even though I knew it would happen eventually. The date indeed was entertaining and funny. Wonder what'll happen next episode...
Jun 22, 2010 6:53 AM

Jan 2009
Lina is hot wooottt
Jun 23, 2010 6:06 AM

Jun 2010
The end was so romantic. =D And the part before at about ep.10 when Lina made confession to Joey was awesome too. =D I like how this anime is finally over with the cockroaches and starting to have some new stories. This is like 2nd season. I hope Heroman goes on and on. Sucks that Joey didn't wear a speedo and get a good close up like Lina did. =[ Why no fan service for cute boys ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2010 2:28 AM
Nov 2007
Holy shit, Heroman is a real bro.
Aug 9, 2010 8:47 PM

Feb 2010
Enjoyed this episode :P
It was nice to see Lina and Joey in a new outfit as well~
The stalking part was rather funny too XD

Looks like Hughes found out Joey's secret though o_o"
Aug 13, 2012 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
Well, glad to see the date ended well..or did it? *dat ending*

Cute date overall though, and Lina looks surprisingly cute this episode.

Still not on Holly's level yet though, just saying.
Mar 19, 2017 5:21 AM

Aug 2012
Really glad I stuck with this show through the quite frankly terrible Skrugg arc, it's developed until a solid fun action show as of late. The last two episodes have been pretty great, Holly is a lot of fun and her personality clashes with the rest of the cast's overtly nice nature to make the dynamics a lot more entertaining to watch. I enjoyed the stalking segments and the date was cute. Couldn't help but think that having Heroman activate the Ferris Wheel was an irresponsible use of his powers and something that was super obvious for someone trying to keep anonymity but that aside it was romantic and cute so whatever I guess. Some of the humor, like with Minami, still annoys me less than it amuses me, and the action sequences, while more entertaining than the earlier, aren't the most compelling but the show's definitely improved as of late.
Apr 15, 2022 6:30 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Really love this date!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Aug 2017
Joey is an idiot. He knows its a trap yet he still go there. Also for a world after an alien invasion, no one seems to care. The structure of this anime makes no sense.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroman Episode 11 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

24 by ayann72_ »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 5 Discussion

garfield15 - Apr 29, 2010

49 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Apr 1, 2010

260 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chucky - Sep 23, 2010

55 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 22 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2010

20 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.