Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (157) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2011 10:59 AM

Aug 2010
Hi, thanks for your tutorials, they are all good!

I just wanted to ask that could you make a clear tutorial how to edit the right side menu in Mio' s style? I'd appreciate that alot.

Oct 25, 2011 2:34 PM

Feb 2010
Lumikki said:
Hi, thanks for your tutorials, they are all good!

I just wanted to ask that could you make a clear tutorial how to edit the right side menu in Mio' s style? I'd appreciate that alot.

Maybe sometime, thanks for letting me know.
Oct 26, 2011 8:50 AM

Aug 2010
One very simple question again :

How to remove the currently watching option from the menu? I bet it's very easy, but I cannot figure out the code.

Oct 26, 2011 12:58 PM

Feb 2010
Lumikki said:
One very simple question again :

How to remove the currently watching option from the menu? I bet it's very easy, but I cannot figure out the code.

The code I would use to remove that link is filtered out by the site, so after you save it won't take effect..

what you can do it move the link off the page- go to the bottom of your CSS and remove this from the bottom line:

/*

after that add these to the bottom, then save. I tested this out with your anime list code on my list and it worked, so it should be fine for you too. But its only made for the CSS that you have right now, it might not be the same on someone else's list style.

.status_selected, .status_not_selected {
position: absolute !important;
top:-1000px !important;
}
.status_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected {
position: relative !important;
padding-right: 30px !important;
}
.status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected {
}
.status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected {
}
.status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected {
}
.status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected {
}

Shishio-kunOct 26, 2011 1:06 PM
Oct 26, 2011 1:11 PM

Jan 2010
I have a question
wich kind of fonts i can use
is there a list or something???

Oct 26, 2011 1:56 PM

Aug 2009
Excuse me, I tried using the codes for different headers for watching/on hold/etc. but the headers won't show up. There must be something wrong with my original code because I edited what I found in the source of the page and left untouched what I did not find necessary to change. Can it be that there is a code blocking the appearance of the headers? Or it might be that I put the
.header_al
{
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 16px;
}
part in a wrong place because I did not find where it would fit. Could you please take a look at my source to see if there's something obviously wrong that I did not notice? ^.^" Thank you very much in advance!
Oct 26, 2011 3:44 PM

Mar 2010
monalizy said:
Excuse me, I tried using the codes for different headers for watching/on hold/etc. but the headers won't show up. There must be something wrong with my original code because I edited what I found in the source of the page and left untouched what I did not find necessary to change. Can it be that there is a code blocking the appearance of the headers? Or it might be that I put the
.header_al
{
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 16px;
}
part in a wrong place because I did not find where it would fit. Could you please take a look at my source to see if there's something obviously wrong that I did not notice? ^.^" Thank you very much in advance!

The reason why the headers dont show up is because half of your CSS isnt working because of a syntax error that you made.

To fix this, look for the following in your CSS:
<pre>/* Which 'status' up top is selected? */

.status_selected
{

filter: alpha(opacity=50;
-moz-opacity: 0.5;
opacity: 0.5;

color: #000000;
border-width: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
border-style: ;
border-color: #000000;
padding: 2px;
background-color: #007d8c;
}

.status_not_selected
{

filter: alpha(opacity=50;
-moz-opacity: 0.5;
opacity: 0.5;

color: #000000;
border-width: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
border-style: ;
border-color: #000000;
padding: 2px;
background-color: #129bab;
}

If you look at the lines that are in red, you will notice that you forgot to close the parentheses. To fix the problem, change filter: alpha(opacity=50; to filter: alpha(opacity=50); and then your CSS will be working and your headers will show up.</pre>
Oct 26, 2011 5:24 PM

Feb 2010
ooreneoo said:
I have a question
wich kind of fonts i can use
is there a list or something???

You can use any font but only people who have it installed on their com will be able to see it. So if you use a weird font no one will see it unless by chance they got it.

You can put multiple fonts in your codes like this separated by commas:

font-family: font A, font B, font C;

The first fonts on the lines are the ones people see first. If they don't have it, their computer will ignore it and go on to font B and so on. If they don't have any of the fonts, their computer will see a default font.
Oct 27, 2011 5:53 AM

Aug 2009
Moronicidiot said:

If you look at the lines that are in red, you will notice that you forgot to close the parentheses. To fix the problem, change filter: alpha(opacity=50; to filter: alpha(opacity=50); and then your CSS will be working and your headers will show up.

Thank you very much! It really works now! *v*
Oct 27, 2011 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
Thank you very much Shishio!!

Nov 3, 2011 9:15 AM

Jan 2010
i have a question, i really want to insert links for my profile page, kind of like what a lot of profiles have.

I am wondering the code to insert a link for a specific picture (like the obsessions category to make a link for each anime character to go to their fan page on mal etc.) This way when you click the picture it goes to the link given.
Now my obsessions category is all one image. For the code to work does each image need to be individually made for each link?

Also if i make each image individually how can i keep them in the order i want them in, like beside or right below/ontop without screwing up my design. I noticed your images are all done separately but it comes together quite nicely, i cant seem to get that to work

Ugg i hope this isnt confusing, i have no idea how exactly to explain my problem but i hope you understand
~Lurna
Dec 1, 2011 1:49 PM

Feb 2010
Lurna said:
i have a question, i really want to insert links for my profile page, kind of like what a lot of profiles have.

I am wondering the code to insert a link for a specific picture (like the obsessions category to make a link for each anime character to go to their fan page on mal etc.) This way when you click the picture it goes to the link given.
Now my obsessions category is all one image. For the code to work does each image need to be individually made for each link?

Also if i make each image individually how can i keep them in the order i want them in, like beside or right below/ontop without screwing up my design. I noticed your images are all done separately but it comes together quite nicely, i cant seem to get that to work

Ugg i hope this isnt confusing, i have no idea how exactly to explain my problem but i hope you understand

You can't add links to those images the way you have your profile graphic as one big image now. It has to be cut up into individual pieces like here:

They have to be evenly cut out (the proper term is cropped). I added the lines of color to give you an idea you need to cut them. The dimensions I added (circled parts) are suggestions for how big they should be. If you look it over carefully and add them up, you'll notice all the pics on one line have the same height as each other and add up to the same width as the top and bottom images. This is so when they get posted, they all fit together evenly like a jigsaw puzzle. Otherwise they'll be messed up and uneven.

Then they got to be posted in your BBcode and replace what you got now.

On the thing you asked about getting them in order: well (after you cut them all out individually) the images that are supposed to be on one line on the page need to be on one line in the code, like so:

image1 is the red bordered part with Mio, image2 is the green bordered part with Meko, image3 is the blue bordered part with Makise, image4 is the purple bordered part with Mato, image5 is the turqouise bordered bottom part. I colored the text here so it would be easy to tell them apart.

this is correct:
[img][image1][/img]
[img][image2][/img][img][image3][/img][img][image4][/img]
[img][image5][/img]

this is wrong:
[img][image1][/img]
[img][image2][/img]
[img][image3][/img]
[img][image4][/img]
[img][image5][/img]

After you split it up, then a URL link has to be attached to them in the BBcode. Like in this example:

[url=http://www.myanimelist.net][img]http://myanimelist.net/ picture.jpg[/img][/url]

the red part is your url tag. Whatever is in between it and the [/url] part will have a link when you click on it on the page. Add the url tag with the link you want to the images in your profile code you want that link on. I'd recommend just messing around a single image and adding a url tag to it to get the hang of it.

btw bbcode is messed up alot after going back to it on this site, so you save your code often to a separate notepad. If it gets real messed up I have a thread in this club you can post in to get it fixed. Post back here too if anything isn't making sense or you're having trouble.

Sorry for the late replay too, I thought you were asking someone in particular who also had a obsessions category thing but it turns out you were talking about yourself.
Shishio-kunDec 1, 2011 2:16 PM
Jan 2, 2012 7:00 AM
Apr 2011
How do you get your list to show Currently Watching only when you open you're animelist?? Something like this
Jan 2, 2012 9:11 AM

Aug 2009
Go to your profile > Edit My Profile > My List Settings > Anime List Settings > Default Status Selected

or

http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences.
Jan 4, 2012 6:51 AM
Apr 2011
Jan 19, 2012 7:51 PM

Jun 2011
I'm not sure if I can ask some things yet but, for example. I tried to add some transparency on my list, in fact I'm trying to fix a lot of things and colors on it yet BUT....I would like to change the background color of my list and still keep it transparent, but not that much "invisible". I got the code here and I kinda liked it, it helped me a lot but when I try to change the color it won't be transparent anymore or I'm not even sure where to change it.

If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it. (My English is not so good so it's hard for me explain, I hope you guys understand what I mean) Thank you!
Jan 23, 2012 11:46 PM

Feb 2010
Hawkey said:
I'm not sure if I can ask some things yet but, for example. I tried to add some transparency on my list, in fact I'm trying to fix a lot of things and colors on it yet BUT....I would like to change the background color of my list and still keep it transparent, but not that much "invisible". I got the code here and I kinda liked it, it helped me a lot but when I try to change the color it won't be transparent anymore or I'm not even sure where to change it.

If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it. (My English is not so good so it's hard for me explain, I hope you guys understand what I mean) Thank you!

Try these codes, and change the opacity number from .01 to .99 until you find the setting you like. It changes the transparency of your list background. The second set affects what you see when the cursor hangs over a spot on your list.

.td1, .td2 {
opacity: .9;}

.td1:hover, .td2:hover {
opacity: .9;}
Jan 25, 2012 2:38 AM
Oct 2010
Hello i got little trouble ;d
When i click "More", the information in it is one big mess. How can i repair that?
Link to my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/senami18

@Edit: Problem solved, i must add:

#list_surround br {
display:block;
}
senami18Jan 25, 2012 9:49 AM
Feb 1, 2012 7:20 PM

Jul 2011
Question: How do I make the hover on background of the lists fade-in? I don't know if I explained myself ... I want it to look like this.

I've looked around quite a considerable time but I can't find anything and I can't figure out the code. Would really love some help.

Thank you in advance (:
Feb 1, 2012 9:32 PM

Nov 2011
Use something like this:
tr:hover .td1, tr:hover .td2{/*code for new look*/}
It changes the look of table cells in a hovered row (only in ones with titles).
You can use any properties there, probably you'll use opacity and/or background-color

And this is piece from my code that makes transition smooth:
Feb 8, 2012 3:47 AM

Jun 2011
Question,
I want to move my status_selected/not down inline with my header
Any idea what i should add to my code to do this?

Thanks.
Feb 8, 2012 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
@erlbaum

You may use a negative margin-bottom or absolute positioning on #list_surround > table:first-of-type
Or since every vertical spacing is made using <br>'s, you can disable them with display: none; and use margins on other elements to tweak positioning.

BTW, your code is too -moz-
Feb 8, 2012 5:54 AM

Jun 2011
Thanks a ton mate, learnt some new stuff thanks to you :3,
Why is -moz- bad?

Guess it doesnt work on opera >:(
erlbaumFeb 8, 2012 5:58 AM
Feb 8, 2012 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
Because - yes - it works only in FF, not in Opera, Chrome or IE. I try to avoid these if possible, or add all browser-specific properties that do the same thing so that they will be supported by all except for IE, like I did for transition four posts above
Feb 8, 2012 6:54 AM

Jun 2011
Guess i should of read above my post, I'll be stealing that piece of code :3
Feb 12, 2012 7:16 AM

Sep 2011
When I use *{...} and put #mal_control_strip on the same code like
then the #mal_control_strip part desappear when I instal the codes I even tried using #mal\_control\_strip but got the same results it's works normal if I don't use *{...}.
Is there a way to use both together?
Feb 12, 2012 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
@ Miketsukami
I've just tried this and it worked, but I had to apply the CSS twice to see changes
* {
border: 0 none !important;
font-family: tahona !important;
font-size: 10pt !important;
font-weight: bolder !important;
text-align: left;
}
#mal\_control\_strip{
position: fixed;
top: 0px;
right:0px;
z-index: 32;
}

Also you may use @import to load your css file from external resource.
Feb 12, 2012 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
VeriTi said:
I've just tried this and it worked, but I had to apply the CSS twice to see changes

Also you may use @import to load your css file from external resource.

Thanks again. I'll try it.
Feb 25, 2012 11:50 AM
Jul 2011
How delete searchBox?
Feb 25, 2012 11:54 AM

Nov 2011
@aisuuw
just #search{display:none} , no?
Feb 25, 2012 11:59 AM
Jul 2011
thanks~
Mar 6, 2012 9:22 AM

Oct 2011
Hello :)
I desperately need help/advice, I hope this is the right place to ask for it :)
I'm trying to make a profile design for the first time, and I'm having some problems, so I would like to know if it's a common thing (in that case I'll have to give up on what I planned already) or I'm missing something :)
Anyway, let's say that I want to have several gifs there, and I need them to start at the same time. I've just tried it, I put two of them there and several unexpected things happened.
When I checked the profile for the first time after updating, there they were, changing at the same time for a while, but then the second one slowed down for a bit, so they were 'out of sync'. Then, when they reached 'the end', the first one continued (they're both set to repeat indefinitely), but the second one eventually stopped moving when it reached the end, and then it stayed on the last picture :/
When I checked the box after that, it turned out that there was only one link, and I put two. I tried to save both of them several times, but only one would be visible after saving.
And then I tried putting the same link for the same gif twice, just to see what happens - it showed just one line after saving, again, but on the profile they were both synced perfectly - but I don't need the same gif repeated :D
So, is there anything that I can do about it? :)
Mar 6, 2012 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
Shinobi_no_rei said:
Hello :)
I desperately need help/advice, I hope this is the right place to ask for it :)
I'm trying to make a profile design for the first time, and I'm having some problems, so I would like to know if it's a common thing (in that case I'll have to give up on what I planned already) or I'm missing something :)
Anyway, let's say that I want to have several gifs there, and I need them to start at the same time. I've just tried it, I put two of them there and several unexpected things happened.
When I checked the profile for the first time after updating, there they were, changing at the same time for a while, but then the second one slowed down for a bit, so they were 'out of sync'. Then, when they reached 'the end', the first one continued (they're both set to repeat indefinitely), but the second one eventually stopped moving when it reached the end, and then it stayed on the last picture :/
When I checked the box after that, it turned out that there was only one link, and I put two. I tried to save both of them several times, but only one would be visible after saving.
And then I tried putting the same link for the same gif twice, just to see what happens - it showed just one line after saving, again, but on the profile they were both synced perfectly - but I don't need the same gif repeated :D
So, is there anything that I can do about it? :)

I know all about making GIF layouts (see my profile), so if you just post the entire BBcode here in the thread I can examine how the profile layout turned out and tell you what to do.
Mar 6, 2012 11:10 AM

Oct 2011
Thank you, but I just wanted to try it out, I haven't made the profile yet, I have to know what can and can't be done before I really start working on it :)
I just used so they would be side by side, and, like I said, it was fine with the same gif, but it started being messy when they were different :/

Another question - is it possible to...how to explain.. Post a bunch of photos on a host site, and then do 'something' with the code here so they would make a gif directly on the profile? :) I really don't know how to explain it, I'll try again if this is unclear :)
I've read about it somewhere, but I can't find it now :/
Mar 6, 2012 11:15 AM

Nov 2011
@ Shinobi_no_rei
Probably it meant you should post those gifs, maybe the reason is in the pics not in the code.

If you mean to dynamically swap images via BB-code, this is impossible.
Mar 6, 2012 11:31 AM

Oct 2011
If that's what Shishio-kun meant, I would gladly send them in a message, I don't want them posted in public before my profile is done :shy: :)

I just know that I read something about it somewhere, and it seemed kind of strange, but that would solve some of my problems (gifs being low quality, for example), so I had to ask :)
Mar 6, 2012 1:40 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobi_no_rei said:
If that's what Shishio-kun meant, I would gladly send them in a message, I don't want them posted in public before my profile is done :shy: :)

I just know that I read something about it somewhere, and it seemed kind of strange, but that would solve some of my problems (gifs being low quality, for example), so I had to ask :)

It would be way easier to answer the questions if I could see what did so far here, but if thats how you feel just send me the profile as far as you got in a PM then please.
Mar 6, 2012 2:02 PM

Oct 2011
Yay, thank you :D
Sending now :)
Mar 8, 2012 11:04 PM

Oct 2011
I spent all morning editing my list (without knowing CSS...) and I'm almost done. Just one question: why the hell my image of "currently watching" isn't visible (look at bold link)?

Mar 8, 2012 11:07 PM

Nov 2011
@ Idan

The reason just lies two lines below:
.header_cw{
background-image: url(http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/7205/naglwatching.jpg);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
width:[imagewidth]px;
height:[imageheight]px;

}

changing lines in bold to:
width:690px;
height:100px;

will make pic appear
Mar 9, 2012 5:20 AM

Oct 2011
Oh, thank you very much!
Mar 11, 2012 11:08 AM

Jun 2011
I was thinking if it was possible to put a gif image of dialogues, as if the character was talking with talking balloons in the list

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SoulToxin
SoulToxinMar 11, 2012 11:29 AM
Mar 11, 2012 1:43 PM

Feb 2010
SoulToxin said:
I was thinking if it was possible to put a gif image of dialogues, as if the character was talking with talking balloons in the list

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SoulToxin

I do something like this and there are many different ways to add such an effect. Best way is you just have to add the background image with the talking balloons to something that overlays the character you want to have the balloons with. Or you can add the balloons to the original background image with the character.

I use a GIF for balloons on my layout, which is an animated image. I use an overlay cuz you get better quality and less load times separating the balloons from the renders/backgrounds. My layout already can load slow as it is lol.

What character did you want to have talking- C.C. in the header? I can think of a couple ways you can add words with her, and it can be done with the girl in the background as well. Also how many balloons did you want to add, and do you want it to change by category page like mine or be the same on all pages?
Mar 11, 2012 2:15 PM

Jun 2011
I was thinking on having the girl in the background saying the same thing on all pages and C.C. saying things differently on each page, as a way of welcoming, if you know what i mean.
Although I don't know if doing this is possible :s
Mar 11, 2012 3:30 PM

Feb 2010
SoulToxin said:
I was thinking on having the girl in the background saying the same thing on all pages and C.C. saying things differently on each page, as a way of welcoming, if you know what i mean.
Although I don't know if doing this is possible :s

Would it be animated? Like this: http://ihostimages.x10.mx/images/A3cqaWLYgXjCs4.gif
Mar 11, 2012 4:27 PM

Jun 2011
yea :), like that one
Mar 11, 2012 5:59 PM

Feb 2010
Yes it is possible. OK, the background chick can be given a text bubble with a section you don't use so it will be easy to apply. You just have to make the bubbles with text. Use Jasc Animation shop or another program you have to make GIFs. You can use my bubbles as a template and then edit it if you want. Once you make the bubble I'll give you a code to put it in that section, but I need to see the bubble you make first for size consideration.

C.C. on the other hand, is all different- you should redo the header so the title "SoulToxin's anime list" is on the left of her. You'd have to give her a little more room on the left too for that. After that, you can make the bubbles for her, and they will be coming from the right of her. This way you get room for her text bubbles and they won't overlap anything. After you make the bubbles for her, I'll make you the code to fit the bubbles you make into the layout for all the different categories.

Also to have text bubbles that change from category to category like mine, you lose "Show all" anime or else the bubbles get jumbled on that page.

If I were you I just make the text bubble for the background girl and post it here, then I'll code it so it fits in your layout. Then you can do the rest later with C.C. and you'll have a good idea of how it will look on the list.
Mar 12, 2012 6:07 AM

Jun 2011
I'm trying to remove the "Show All" image, but strange things happen when I do

Do you know how? :s
Sorry if I'm asking a lot of things
SoulToxinMar 12, 2012 6:10 AM
Mar 12, 2012 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
#list_surround .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected + .status_not_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_selected, #list_surround .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected + .status_not_selected {display:none}
Mar 12, 2012 6:31 AM
Jul 2011
How create random background image?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (157) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [CSS - MODERN] ⚡️ Fully-Customizable Layouts (2023 updates!) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Jul 21, 2017

359 by CLModerno »»
Yesterday, 7:50 PM

» [CSS - MODERN] Add side renders to list layouts (including for each category!)

Shishio-kun - May 15, 2021

3 by gwynsyl »»
Yesterday, 1:41 PM

» [HALL OF LEGENDS] Hacker09, MyAnimeList's #1 coder!

Shishio-kun - Dec 10, 2023

9 by hacker09 »»
May 2, 9:29 PM

Sticky: » 💚 [REPAIR STICKY] Repair/speed up a design + Request a layout fix

Shishio-kun - Nov 17, 2023

1 by Zelathis »»
Apr 29, 7:49 AM

» [CSS - MODERN] ⭐️ All ways to customize individual anime and individual list rows (mark your favorites!)

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

8 by takkun_ »»
Apr 28, 9:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.