Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2015 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
In what sense did Sensei meant when he said he loves Hagu?
They're cousins right? And he took care of Hagu for a really long time.
But I just can't see them as a couple...

Anyway, off to the last episode.

Nov 22, 2015 11:36 PM
Feb 2015
This is so confusing. I can sort of understand Hagu + Shuji, but why were Morita and Shuji fighting? That I don't understand at all.
May 16, 2016 10:29 AM

Mar 2016
Koishii said:
gogitosbanditos said:
Wtf? No, really what teh fcuk?
Despite the age gap, they are realatives!
The end of these promising series is nothing realistic.
You can easily see where I woted. No more than 2/5.
The end is a disappointment。

THIS.
What the hell??????? They've had a father-daughter relationship THE ENTIRE SERIES, and then out of nowhere, this?!? Not to mention, GROSS. They are cousins!

All of these comments are pissing me off. It was a comedic misunderstanding. Shuji loves her as family, but since Morita and Shuji were fighting over Hagu and Morita loves her romantically, everyone thought Shuji meant in a romantic way as well.
Seriously, do you people not tell your family that you love them?
Aug 16, 2016 3:18 PM
Nov 2013
I don't understand why Morita punched Shuu back and why he even said he wanted to punch him more.
Can anyone answer that for me?
Sep 4, 2016 5:58 PM

Jun 2016
Come on! This is completely ridiculous and creepy!
From the very first episode, I was disturbed with Hagu's appearance. If the main motive here was to reflect innocence and youth, the producers could've easily done it without exaggerating that much. I can't look at Hagu and see an adult there. Not even a teenager. She is a kid. Not only her height, her acts, her face, everything.
Even with Shinabu, she doesn't look well. It is like Shinobu carries a kid aiound. The only person that fits Hagu appearance-wise is Yuta.
Oh and I was so fond of Shu! What a disappointment:/

Plus, this is a complete change of the plot. Their relationship was obviously a farher-daughter relationship, or at least sister and brother.

I am not even talking about the age gap. In the worst case scenario, Shu would be fine with a normal college student like Ayumi, but Hagu, who looks like a kindergartener? So stupid!
Sep 4, 2016 6:01 PM

Jun 2016
@Blondie

Well, I watched HnC in English dub, and Shuji does not only tell Shinobu that he loves her, but that he is madly in love with her. You can't be madly in love with a family member, right?
But I wish you were right about that. The whole idea is so creepy and out of place.
Sep 4, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
karineyn said:
@Blondie

Well, I watched HnC in English dub, and Shuji does not only tell Shinobu that he loves her, but that he is madly in love with her. You can't be madly in love with a family member, right?
But I wish you were right about that. The whole idea is so creepy and out of place.

Wow, yikes. I wonder what he says in the manga. I guess now I'll tell myself that the Japanese was poorly translated xD
Sep 4, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2016
@Blondie
Haha, I wish this were a translation problem as well! :D
But I sadly believe they really mean a romantic love. Shu is blushing, saying Ayumi that it is embarrasing, and Ayumu says he is a guy even though he is old, and stuff.
Oh, well, it is such a big disappointment! u.u
Sep 16, 2016 8:25 PM

Dec 2012
So there's two roads and I hope beyond wildest imaginations that I'm right and it's the first one.

#1: This was a really strong episode that shows how Shuu will always continue to watch over Hagu no matter how much time passes. Takemoto and Morita gave up temporarily because neither one could stay by Hagu's side and support her both through her recovery and her passion to draw again. To even suggest Shuu x Hagu is a symptom of watching too many harems with horny step siblings and cousins.

#2: 36 episodes down the drain and my favorite ship was sunk for some asinine, putrid pairing that makes me want to hurl and never stop hurling. Glass falling was a cheap and overly convenient device to get Hagu into a position to fall for her father figure and I cannot bear the thought of finishing this series. I'm okay with incest in anime. I'm okay with age difference in anime. But I absolutely hate when it's used in quality works that have thus far emphasized powerful, organic relationship dynamics.

karineyn said:

I am not even talking about the age gap. In the worst case scenario, Shu would be fine with a normal college student like Ayumi, but Hagu, who looks like a kindergartener? So stupid!
The part that's slightly infuriating about this is how they didn't just make her look like a kid, but that she literally acts like she has the mental capacity of a child. Very few things Hagu has done have made me think she was an adult. I have to keep reminding myself that she's not a genius 12 year old who skipped a bunch of grades.
Jan 17, 2017 8:32 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode. Sadly two will have to go without romance.
I felt worst for Takemoto, I was routing for him.
Jan 24, 2017 7:34 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, youth... The friendly spat of Morita and Takemoto was brilliant. Particularly its conclusion.
Apr 13, 2017 11:27 AM

Feb 2013
That bastard was trying to make her quit because he felt alone, and he actually punched Sensei, he is the worst character of this anime.
Hagu-chan made the right choice.
Mar 16, 2018 8:18 AM

Apr 2016
Again a phenomenal episode, great comedy and great feels. For some reason it felt like this was the last episode for Morita. I also hope the show will have a proper ending for each character. I will see soon enough.
Apr 4, 2018 4:16 PM

May 2015
That fight was awesome. :d
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 29, 2018 4:34 PM

Dec 2015
Like WTf was this ed i know it this kind of show always end up making me angry always....
Dec 25, 2018 1:29 PM

May 2016
I feel lost in these last few episodes how this gonna end?!
Mar 17, 2019 5:47 PM

Feb 2018
That might be a controversial choice for Hagu (there's plenty of strong Morita supporters in particular) but this to me was the choice that felt the best to everyone.

Takemoto felt better about "losing" to Shuu as opposed to Morita and can start to move on. And Morita was able to admit he was using Hagu as an escape and dragging her down with him. I hope they can all find happiness. It's a really likable cast of characters.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 14, 2020 9:15 PM

Mar 2016
I don't k ow what to expect anymore. I kinda saw Shuuji closer but really closer to Hagu from time to time, but in the hospital scenes? I don't know if something is wrong with me but those looked more than family, they looked like a couple of lovers. This remind me of Chobits, but here it's not only the age gap but they are related. And I'm still thinking Morita is scum. Anyways, let's continue...
Also, seems only Mayama got a happy ending.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 22, 2020 10:31 AM
May 2020
I can understand her reasoning and I thought how the characters dwelt with it was fun to watch, but seriously... Japan WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN LOVE STORIES WITH INCEST! I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE DISTANTLY ENOUGH RELATED, HE RAISED HER! HE IS HER SURROGATE FATHER! THIS IS WRONG!!
Also, I feel so bad for our protagonist! He deserves a girlfriend!
Jul 13, 2020 9:35 AM
Nov 2017
1Konochi said:
I can understand her reasoning and I thought how the characters dwelt with it was fun to watch, but seriously... Japan WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN LOVE STORIES WITH INCEST! I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE DISTANTLY ENOUGH RELATED, HE RAISED HER! HE IS HER SURROGATE FATHER! THIS IS WRONG!!

You see in japan marrying cousins is a common thing. Look at a series like fruits basket. Half the characters are in love with their cousins. Granted they're more distantly related then these two. Its legal there and viewed normally. Cultural differences and all.

But also this is the art of story telling. It wanted us to think they hay had. Afather daughter relationship, but he isn't her father. We saw her father and mother a couple episodes ago. It appears there relationship is strained, but those are her parents. I think its safe to say that these feelings have been more then family love for awhile. Most of Shu's behavior can be viewed either as a protective father figure or a love interest and rival to takemoto and Morita.his willingness to give her everything. To her, he has saved her time and time again. Supported her, protected her, inspired her. That flashback made it clear to me, that he was probably her first love. I find it actually sweet. Once you realize it, it was there the whole time.

BTW a lot of the stigma surrounding marrying a cousin is apparently untrue. Its apparently more or less siblings who have all the issues. Most countries just view it as taboo and it ends up ingrained in US.
Jul 13, 2020 4:21 PM
May 2020
HecticHooligan said:
1Konochi said:

You see in japan marrying cousins is a common thing. Look at a series like fruits basket. Half the characters are in love with their cousins. Granted they're more distantly related then these two. Its legal there and viewed normally. Cultural differences and all.

But also this is the art of story telling. It wanted us to think they hay had. Afather daughter relationship, but he isn't her father. We saw her father and mother a couple episodes ago. It appears there relationship is strained, but those are her parents. I think its safe to say that these feelings have been more then family love for awhile. Most of Shu's behavior can be viewed either as a protective father figure or a love interest and rival to takemoto and Morita.his willingness to give her everything. To her, he has saved her time and time again. Supported her, protected her, inspired her. That flashback made it clear to me, that he was probably her first love. I find it actually sweet. Once you realize it, it was there the whole time.

BTW a lot of the stigma surrounding marrying a cousin is apparently untrue. Its apparently more or less siblings who have all the issues. Most countries just view it as taboo and it ends up ingrained in US.

Okay, fair enough. I still think it is wrong when they grew up together, but oh well. Although in regards to incest, the closer people are genetically the more likely that they will have babies with genetic diseases and/or birth defects. It should be no closer than a second cousin, but third or fourth is better.
Btw, I found out that 2nd cousin means your parent's first cousin-so you are connected by your great grandparent. The farther back in the generations it goes to find the family connection, the higher the # cousin. The whole "once removed" thing is where they are the children of a cousin. For example, my cousin's three kids are my first cousins once removed and I am their second cousin (and their grandpa, my uncle, has first cousins that are his grandkids third cousins). Does that make sense? I looked this up a few months back on Google because it has been driving me crazy for years!
Jul 13, 2020 5:23 PM
Nov 2017
1Konochi said:
HecticHooligan said:

Okay, fair enough. I still think it is wrong when they grew up together, but oh well. Although in regards to incest, the closer people are genetically the more likely that they will have babies with genetic diseases and/or birth defects. It should be no closer than a second cousin, but third or fourth is better.
Btw, I found out that 2nd cousin means your parent's first cousin-so you are connected by your great grandparent. The farther back in the generations it goes to find the family connection, the higher the # cousin. The whole "once removed" thing is where they are the children of a cousin. For example, my cousin's three kids are my first cousins once removed and I am their second cousin (and their grandpa, my uncle, has first cousins that are his grandkids third cousins). Does that make sense? I looked this up a few months back on Google because it has been driving me crazy for years!

Lol yes it makes sense but also ill never retain it. Ive been confused by all that myself for years. I already new the first and second thing, but not the removed part.

I remember reading recently that the chance of birth defects with first cousins are significantly below what you'd think based on how stigmatized it is. Like only around 7 % and for everyone else its around 3-4% chance of a birth defect or disease anyway.i still wouldn't marry a cousin, but i do find this interesting and I dont think Id judge it.

What freaks me out is the idea of people giving babies up for adoption or donating to sperm banks. I mean its like Russian roulette. What if that kid meets the ones you keep and they fall in love. But thats completely off topic
Jul 20, 2020 8:28 PM
May 2020
HecticHooligan said:
1Konochi said:

Lol yes it makes sense but also ill never retain it. Ive been confused by all that myself for years. I already new the first and second thing, but not the removed part.

I remember reading recently that the chance of birth defects with first cousins are significantly below what you'd think based on how stigmatized it is. Like only around 7 % and for everyone else its around 3-4% chance of a birth defect or disease anyway.i still wouldn't marry a cousin, but i do find this interesting and I dont think Id judge it.

What freaks me out is the idea of people giving babies up for adoption or donating to sperm banks. I mean its like Russian roulette. What if that kid meets the ones you keep and they fall in love. But thats completely off topic

The main thing is how often it has happened throughout the generations. Also, one must not forget Murphey's Law.
Sep 6, 2020 8:53 AM

Sep 2018
Best episode of the season so far, if only because we got to see Morita get punched not once, but twice! As someone who's been annoyed by him for 35 (37 if you count the specials) episodes, it was an incredibly satisfying sight to behold. On a side note, while I'm 90% certain the 'love' Shuuji felt for Hagu referred to a fatherly or familial love, I really, really hope this doesn't end up going the good old age-gap incest route.
Oct 25, 2020 5:37 PM

Nov 2010
Koishii said:
gogitosbanditos said:
Wtf? No, really what teh fcuk?
Despite the age gap, they are realatives!
The end of these promising series is nothing realistic.
You can easily see where I woted. No more than 2/5.
The end is a disappointment。

THIS.
What the hell??????? They've had a father-daughter relationship THE ENTIRE SERIES, and then out of nowhere, this?!? Not to mention, GROSS. They are cousins!

THIS. YES YES YES. WTFFFFF
SO GROSS

I really liked this anime but now...with this gross relationship I just hate everything
Nov 28, 2020 11:22 PM

Jul 2020
Kind of a downfall for me. When Morita admit that he was using Hagu and drag her down together with him, ah such a turn off.

Though I didn’t really care who Hagu chooses, but it’s kind of selfish when she asks Shu-chan to give his life to her. Now I’m really glad she rejects Takemoto, it’s really better that way.

And what was that at the end? Was he in love with Hagu romantically? Wasn’t they supposed to have a father-daughter relationship? I was still in denial ever since last episode but damn, that hits me on the face! I still have hope in the last episode, hopefully it will be much clearer.
Feb 14, 2021 8:06 AM

Jun 2020
When I first heard that Hagu would “end up” with Shuu, I’ll admit I was a little thrown off & I thought I’ll be so put off once I get here. But it’s beautifully conveyed what Shuu means to Hagu. They are right, she chose the right guy. Shuu can give her what Takemoto & Morita can’t. At least not at this point of their lives. Romantic implications aside, the bond that they share goes beyond that. He’s going to take care of her and doesn’t need or want anything in return. To Hagu, he is her comfort, her solace, her comforting, healing rain. I loved that analogy. She didn’t explicitly say that she loves him either in a romantic way, she’s just an unassuming girl. I wish people wouldn’t fixate on it & appreciate how their relationship’s so beautifully written.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 16, 2021 10:31 AM

Jan 2021
poor takemoto... T-T.
Also please don’t tell me that shuu and hagu end up together romantically…
Aren’t they cousins????
Sep 20, 2021 7:12 PM

Jan 2019
Wait, does that mean that Shuu and Hagu end up together romantically? Eww they're cousins and there's a age gap between them. Although this author is really into age gaps so I shouldn't have been surprised.

I'm still very disappointed tho. Not because I supported either Morita or Takemoto (Morita is a selfish asshole and Takemoto deserves better), but because literally every canon ship here ends up being age gap lol
Mar 15, 2022 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
Not sure why they go for such decisions but I've seen it few times before.
It would have really been great if Hagu and Shuu relation were really of a father and daughter. Much sweater than this.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Apr 25, 2022 5:30 AM

Jan 2021
yamen said:
It would have really been great if Hagu and Shuu relation were really of a father and daughter. Much sweater than this.

It could be even worse, it could be Yamada ending up with the kidnapper and jerk also known as Takumi
Apr 25, 2022 6:35 AM

Aug 2013
falko92 said:
yamen said:

It could be even worse, it could be Yamada ending up with the kidnapper and jerk also known as Takumi

Takumi is definitely a jerk for keeping her near him and being nice and overprotective which gives her false hope but not sure about being a kidnapper though
Apr 25, 2022 6:52 AM

Jan 2021
yamen said:
falko92 said:

Takumi is definitely a jerk for keeping her near him and being nice and overprotective which gives her false hope but not sure about being a kidnapper though

Well i dont like either Mayama or Nomiya, one is overprotective and the other one was the kidnapping jerk who just want her to break no matter what takes to get it , even making her miserable (sorry for not clarifying it enough). I would have opted for a third person for poor Yamada...she deserves better or at least is what I think without seeing the finale, i cannot get why Nomiya got so much support back then...
falko92Apr 25, 2022 6:56 AM
Apr 25, 2022 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
falko92 said:
yamen said:

Well i dont like either Mayama or Nomiya, one is overprotective and the other one was the kidnapping jerk who just want her to break no matter what takes to get it , even making her miserable (sorry for not clarifying it enough). I would have opted for a third person for poor Yamada...she deserves better or at least is what I think without seeing the finale, i cannot get why Nomiya got so much support back then...

I see. I thought you meant that Takumi is a kidnapper. Yea I agree Nomiya's feelings don't feel genuine to me either.
I thought of Morita as a potential considering the few scenes indicating it but that ship also sunk.
Jun 26, 2022 10:33 AM

Sep 2017
Jfc leave it to Josei manga am I right? A wholesome father-daughter style relation where he cares for her through rehab because he knows how much she loves to draw? Nah bro let's make it about Morita vs Sensei and see who Hagu picks for her "love." Typical Josei bullshit. I almost can't believe this is the same author that wrote march comes in like a lion. The difference in quality between series is remarkable. Can we just stick with Mayama/Yamada/Rika stuff? That was actually well done.
Jan 14, 2023 3:59 AM

May 2018
Morita finally gets punched for what he's done. Lmao sensei won the true battle in the end
Feb 11, 2023 7:34 PM

May 2022
I wish I could punch Morita in the face. Morita finally tells the truth: "I am the worst." Yes. You are. Except maybe for Mayama the stalker.

I cried like a baby when Hagu asked Shuuji to give his life to her. And I cried even more when Shuuji screamed his love from the second floor of the art institute. And Yamamoto's screams of surprise, shock, and joy were the best. Hagu and Shuuji, forever!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Mar 30, 2008

212 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.