Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2008 12:34 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The comedy in this episode was superb, especial the ending when Shuu yelled out he loved her.

Other then the comedic aspects, the serious parts were very good.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:47 AM
Mar 30, 2008 11:35 AM

Feb 2008
Loved the flashback with Hagu and Hanemoto.
The endind was so funny xD

Can't believe there's only 1 episode left T_T
Apr 5, 2008 4:03 AM

Jan 2008
Wow that fight scene between Takemoto and Morita looked like one that came from an action anime. Nice :)
Another good and comical ending. Thumbs up!

Apr 21, 2008 10:33 PM

Jun 2007
I cant believe just one more episode ;-;
I missed the comedy, and I was satisfied with what I got x33
Karura said:
Other then the comedic aspects, the serious parts were very good.
May 13, 2008 12:14 PM

Mar 2008
alas, in tears again in this one *sigh*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2008 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
"I'll give back your money, but not Hagu. MUHAHAHAHA!"
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jul 6, 2008 3:58 AM

Jun 2008
Juhuuuu! Lolicons ftw!
Love Honey and Clover!
Astonishing story the story of Hagu!
Kirameite, yurameite, aoki yumi, maihanatsu, hana mo-e yu-kuuu!!!
Sep 14, 2008 6:44 AM

Jan 2008
Cihan said:
Awesome quote XD

So Hagu ends up choosing neither and instead chooses Shuu :D
Oct 10, 2008 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
I didn't spect this...
poor takemoto... T-T... but still i have to see one episode more... to see what happens... >_<

Morita rox!.. hehehehe
lol
lol
Feb 2, 2009 5:27 PM

Sep 2008
haha, tbh, I don't really care who she chooses anymore. ALL of them are great ^^ But then I'm sad for the two who don't get her in the end D:
...There should be alternate endings o.o
Only one more episode...
May 13, 2009 7:12 AM

Jun 2008
see i knew it.. like i said in my post for ep 10.. she should've stayed in the hospital. haha.. :p and i was right!!! about hagu's decision not to give up!! you made the right choice hagu!!! :D dont get me wrong... i love morita..he's the funniest character of the show.. i love him but i dont like him with hagu.. i like takemoto with hagu.. :p and see takemoto, there was no need for shuu-chan to tell hagu to choose him... :D

but... well.. that revelation of morita, was just bad!!! thinking of dragging hagu down with him! TSK TSK! anyway.. so what was wrong with shuu-chan telling morita that he loves her???? that love is more of a love of a father for her daughter right?!?!??! ahahahha...
May 27, 2009 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
Another 5/5 episode! Oh, how I love this series... Just one episode left ;_; I don't want to finish it~~

Loved all the funny and serious parts! ^^

Jul 4, 2009 8:53 AM

Mar 2009
Amazing episode.

Jul 5, 2009 3:38 AM

Jan 2008
In my view, this was the saddest and one of the best episodes of season II, the part about Shuu-chan sacrificing everything for Hagu, and Takemoto freely admitting he's glad she chose Shuu-chan who is best for her really touched me.

Am eagerly looking forward to the final episode. :3

Aug 15, 2009 11:12 AM

Jun 2009
The best episode! There's so much within only one episode, I'm overwhelmed with it! Feeling really sorry for Morita, I don't think that Hagu would nor be happy with him, I think that could really be a lot a lot of fin and joy! But a kind of a struggle, too, so it is very logical that she did not choose that path when she's all broken down. When she's in such condition, she surely needs only Shuu.

But I still pity Morita, he's so cool!

Also, I hope the last episode will sort it all out with Yamada and Nomiya and Mayama and Rika - there's still a love set not resolved.
Dec 19, 2009 7:41 AM

Apr 2009
Beatnik said:

I loved that part xD

So, Shuuji really will devote his life to the egoistic little artist D: I don't know, I like her even less...I know it must be hard and I have no idea how would I act if I was in her place, but asking somebody to give him your life just so you can draw? That's a little too much, if you ask me. That's just my opinion.
So that's why, Takemoto, you're better off without her. Go and find yourself a great girl x3
I never really liked Morita/Hagu either. I just hope he will find his brother and that he's ok D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 20, 2010 7:44 AM

Mar 2009
This episode cheer me up, especially Hagu and Shuji panic together when he say " Yes O Love her" XD. Aw man i cantstop laughing each time i repeated same scene. Awesome fight scene too.
Jun 16, 2010 6:25 PM

Jan 2010
Wtf? No, really what teh fcuk?
Despite the age gap, they are realatives!
The end of these promising series is nothing realistic.
You can easily see where I woted. No more than 2/5.
The end is a disappointment。
Sep 2, 2010 8:09 AM

Oct 2008
During the scene that Morita & Takemoto are eating and fighting by the riverbank, I heard a Bleach themesong on the background o.o That was like, so weird. And I hate that song.
Dec 12, 2010 5:50 PM

May 2010
You know, I was going to bump it up to a 7, then this disturbing relationship pop out of nowhere
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 17, 2011 5:11 AM

Dec 2010
Actually, it's pretty normal for cousins to marry in Japan, but still...age gap :-/

Although really, would she have chosen anyone else? It was a choice between an unpredictable hurricane, a lovable loser and the man who has cared for her for more than 10 years. The choice was obvious really.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Jun 23, 2011 9:32 PM

Sep 2009
yesss I WIN
She chose Shuu ^_^ sorry all, but Morita and Takemoto were never real options for me.
Morita's awesome of course, but Hagu needs stability. Look at her.
And Takemoto is earnest in his feelings, but again, he cant provide for her.

Hagu herself is not a normal girl.
For example, there wudnt be any problem in Morita or Takemoto being with someone like Ayu.
But Hagu needs to literally be taken care of.
And Shuu has been doing it her whole life so what's the dif now?
It just took her a while to realize what was always there.

When he said he loved her, I didnt get any indication of a sexual motivation.
So whatever.
I'd say the age gap of Hagu and Shuu is abt the same as Ayu and Nomiya.
It's just they've drawn Hagu as a child, which you just have to blame the Japanese for.
Oct 24, 2011 10:18 PM

May 2009
It was ok... but the ending really felt like Usagi Drop to me.. :/ Kinda... weird.
Dec 11, 2011 6:50 PM
Nov 2011
Kirsten-chan said:
During the scene that Morita & Takemoto are eating and fighting by the riverbank, I heard a Bleach themesong on the background o.o That was like, so weird. And I hate that song.

I heard it too!
I didn't believe myself until the singing started.

I was rooting for Morita. Oh well.
May 23, 2012 10:50 PM
Mar 2011
I can't remember the last time a scene has made me smile so much in happiness like the ending scene for this episode did.
Jun 5, 2012 7:43 PM

Aug 2011
Yeah, what the fuck? They're related AND they're supposed to have a father/daughter relationship... I really don't like this ending at all. It was so good in the first season too.
Jun 19, 2012 10:39 AM

Oct 2008
What the hell!? I never expected it! I thought Shuu liked Hagu as a daughter. This totally blew me away. I hope Hagu recovers completely. And I'm still hoping for Morita and Hagu to be together.
Jul 12, 2012 9:01 PM

Jan 2012
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK
THE PSUEDO-UNDERAGE LOLICON ENDS UP WITH HER FATHER FIGURE+COUSIN?
why are more of you not weirded out is this normal where you live
Jul 14, 2012 12:08 PM

Jul 2010
So beautiful.. And I laughed so hard at the end :')

I love Morita, so I was somewhat sad, but it is true that Shu-chan has done so much for Hagu. He deserves to take care of her.

EWW. Why is everyone making this sound like Shu-chan loves Hagu romantically?! I didn't get that tone at all, that was just the joke for me.
Jul 25, 2012 3:24 PM

Aug 2010
That end...so wrong! XD
Oct 7, 2012 12:08 PM

May 2010
''I'll return the money but not Hagu though! Hahahahahah'' - LOL

Great drama and comedy this ep has. :D
Nov 18, 2012 10:52 AM

May 2012
Great episode, it's good that she finally decided, quite awesome dialog and lol that ending was just to funny! But damn can't believe we're at the end already and I feel like so much still isn't solved!

Lets see what the final episode will bring us!
Nov 26, 2012 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
Blue sky - Two young men - Wind - River embankment
LMAO!

I did suspect that Shuu likes Hagu in the previous episodes, but I shove that thought away since I think it is cuter if they have a father-daughter relationship. Kudos to Morita for having him to confess. I like this guy omg. I seriously thought he's gonna win Hagu. But Shuu is perfect for Hagu. I didnt realise that until this episode. I thought her only options are Takemoto and Morita.

Great episode!
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Jan 24, 2013 2:23 PM

Dec 2010
I didn't see sensei's confession coming, but I'd much rather see Hagu with him than Shinobu (weird as that may be). Hagu said she chose painting, but she never actually said anything about having feelings for Shuji so I kinda wonder about that. I thought the fight between Shinobu and Yuta was a long time coming. It was nice to see them finally get it all out in the open.
Aug 31, 2013 10:45 AM

Apr 2008
So Shuu-chan is in love with his daughter. :P
Though I would call Hagu-chan and Shuu-chan for brother and sister, since Shuu-chan probably isn't more than near 30 years old.
I'm glad she didn't choose Morita, he ws just gone too much and wasn't right for her at all. I like Morita of course, but just as a comic relief character.

My score for this season dropped becaus Shuu-chan is in love with his sister/daughter :P
First season was better.

Nov 20, 2013 11:45 PM

Sep 2013
mayama is 4 years older than hagu and ended up with rika... and rika is as old as shuu-chan.

apparently shuu-chan is hagu's father's cousin I guess... it is weird, but... just because shuu said he loved her, he still could have meant it as a father/daughter love? hagu said she chose drawing but needed him to take care of her basically
Mar 15, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
Aw, my heart. I loved this episode so much.

As much as I adore Takemoto and Morita, I’m really glad Shuu-chan won. He deserves it fully. He’s her rain, as Hagu herself said it. No one can replace all he’s done for her. Pure selfless love.

It’s nice seeing Takemoto and Morita drowning in their sorrows, eating and fighting together like good friends again. Ah, sweet youth! Everyone’s been living their own adolescence all this time.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
May 27, 2014 12:12 AM

May 2012
That was very unexpected....
Nov 24, 2014 7:47 AM

Jun 2014
aaaaand there goes another good anime that gets ruined by weird incest and lolicon. wtf?
Dec 19, 2014 12:37 AM

Nov 2011
...What? I can't tell if the "love" thing is serious with Shuu being embarrassed over admitting it or if it's just a comedic misunderstanding.

If he's meaning he loves Hagu as a woman, rather than a father-daughter type relationship, then that's just weird. They're cousins for one, and the age gap is huge for two. Ew ew ew. That came out of nowhere and it's really creeping me out. D:

I hope it was a misunderstanding.

The punching was pretty serious/surprising at first, but the fight scene between Morita and Takemoto was hilarious. It almost looked like something out of a battle shounen. I liked Morita's thoughts on "talent" as well.

This seems to be heading toward an odd conclusion. o.O
Mar 19, 2015 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
Takemoto vs Morita and Hanamoto vs Morita. So good.

Shuu is only 4 years older than Hagu btw but the Father-Daughter/Cousin thing is weird. I don't really know what they're going for.
loghneckbeardMar 19, 2015 8:20 PM
Apr 21, 2015 5:42 AM

Aug 2014
Eventually the two men were not selected by Hagu. Up here their stories. Ayu remaining live and love in terms of fourth
Apr 23, 2015 3:33 AM
Mar 2015
OH. MY. GOD.......

This episode just turned everything i believed into ashes! HAGU CHOSE SHUIJI-SENSEI!!! BOTH SHINOBU AND TAKEMOTO LOST TO HIM!
HOW, just how can it be? Didnt she like Morita all along? I never thought that Shuu-sensei loved her that way and i expected Morita to win her love. Whats going on? Ok, i will calm down.
Wait, but does she even like Shuu-sensei, you know, romantically? Or did she do it just so he wont be all alone? I want to believe she does and its kind of hinted in her memories when she called him her rain and she loves rain. Damn, i knew their relationship was strong but this much!?!
Now that i think of it, i am glad it ended that way. I worried Shuu will be all alone when Hagu chooses Morita or Takemoto. He doesnt have family as well. Hmmm.... i wonder if they have a family together in the future? Thats so weird to think about!
Haha, Morita and Takemoto are left with no one but each other. At least, their friendship wont be affected and i feel like they will become best friends after that.^^
Now on to the last episode!
Apr 23, 2015 3:36 AM
Mar 2015
vearg said:
so what was wrong with shuu-chan telling morita that he loves her???? that love is more of a love of a father for her daughter right?!?!??! ahahahha...

To be honest, now i doubt so. Why would he blush if it was just fatherly love? Why would Morita ask him such question if he didnt mean romantic love? After all, everybody know he cares for her. Also Hagus' words : 'Give me your life. Please, stay with me until the very end.' What is it if not confession?
nozomidream9Apr 23, 2015 3:50 AM
Apr 23, 2015 3:40 AM
Mar 2015
Koishii said:
gogitosbanditos said:
Wtf? No, really what teh fcuk?
Despite the age gap, they are realatives!

THIS.
What the hell??????? They&#039;ve had a father-daughter relationship THE ENTIRE SERIES, and then out of nowhere, this?!? Not to mention, GROSS. They are cousins!

You are wrong about this. He is her father's cousin; although it is not clarified if he is her father's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd cousin.
Apr 23, 2015 3:41 AM
Mar 2015
Salmissra said:
yesss I WIN
She chose Shuu ^_^ sorry all, but Morita and Takemoto were never real options for me.
Morita&#039;s awesome of course, but Hagu needs stability. Look at her.
And Takemoto is earnest in his feelings, but again, he cant provide for her.

Hagu herself is not a normal girl.
For example, there wudnt be any problem in Morita or Takemoto being with someone like Ayu.
But Hagu needs to literally be taken care of.
And Shuu has been doing it her whole life so what&#039;s the dif now?
It just took her a while to realize what was always there.

When he said he loved her, I didnt get any indication of a sexual motivation.
So whatever.
I&#039;d say the age gap of Hagu and Shuu is abt the same as Ayu and Nomiya.
It&#039;s just they&#039;ve drawn Hagu as a child, which you just have to blame the Japanese for.

AGREE TOTALLY!
Also, hasnt anyone paid any attention to the fighting scene where Takemoto said he would rather loose to compassion and honour than talent and money? Morita looked so empty. I bet he never really considered himself lucky to be talented. After all, what does it matter if people you love keep drifting away?
nozomidream9Apr 23, 2015 3:54 AM
Jun 30, 2015 3:10 PM

Nov 2011
*SNIFFS*

NOPE

NO BULLSHIT HERE

THIS IS A MANIAC'S WORK
Jul 14, 2015 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
I was as shocked and confused as Ayumi at Shuuji's confession of loving Hagu.

I can't believe Hagu chose to stay with him and not go after Shinobu who she clearly loved or Yuuta.
Oct 2, 2015 1:39 AM

May 2014
Seriously, why do these Hagu arcs are continuously being shown every episode while Nomiya x Yamada x Mayama arc is getting cut everytime? It's such a cliffhang. Next episode is last episode you know!! You don't mean to leave it at that, right?! I need some closure! An ending!!
Oct 4, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2014
No wayyy! I always saw Hamamoto-sensei's relationship with Hagu as father-daughter like! o__o Hamamoto-sensei is Hagu's rain...that was really touching.
Next episode is the last TT__TT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Mar 30, 2008

212 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.