Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 3, 2010 2:08 AM

Oct 2008
ya oki...better drop the show then...if u wanna complain so much......
Apr 3, 2010 2:09 AM

Mar 2009
Unfortunately, I can't since I've watched that much, I have to watch it to the end. But I reserve the right for myself to bitch and moan about it :)
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Apr 3, 2010 2:15 AM

Oct 2008
then u can stop for now...and u can watch it at a stretch later...thats more fun ya know.......
Apr 5, 2010 3:10 PM

Oct 2007
goodbye Gluttony... sad way to go out =(

help me get bioware bazaar points.. trying to win a desktop.. thanks for everyone that clicks on the link! contest ends April 10th.. Currently at 8620!

http://social.bioware.com/brc/300527

Prize List
http://social.bioware.com/auction_rules.php#prizes
Apr 17, 2010 11:44 PM

Aug 2008
Pride is definitely the most incorrigible homunculus. It was Envy in the previous series, but Pride really has stolen the spotlight since his identity was revealed. The beating that Gluttony took from Lan Fan was epic, but nothing was more shocking than seeing Pride devour Gluttony alive for his own purposes. This bastard's going to be a real pain in the ass now! Also, it looks like Mustang's making his move now. It surprises me that he'd take Mrs. Bradley hostage knowing that Wrath isn't even really in charge & that the leadership of Central doesn't give a sh*t about anything but their own goals and power.
May 10, 2010 3:45 AM

May 2008
ZGLUTTONY!!!!!!!

Hate that Pride

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 22, 2010 12:04 AM

Sep 2009
Poor Gluttony...he was just hungry. Now it's one less homunculus, but Selim is stronger, which is not good.
Jul 10, 2010 6:47 PM

Aug 2009
Aaaahh Pride eating Gluttony was just cruel. I kinda felt bad for Gluttony since he really is a sweet person. He died a lot of times because of Ran Fan but now Pride ate him entirely. Poor Gluttony, he's like a big baby. All he wants is to eat but he can't even get that. T_T

Anyways, that was a nice fight. Now I wonder how will they beat Pride if Pride suddenly acquired Gluttony's abilities. I bet Hohenheim will suddenly appear and beat him instead.

Okay so I wonder how the upper echelon and the father knew that Mustang was going to kidnap Miss Bradley. Did Olivier really take their side? Fuck that bitch man.
Jul 30, 2010 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't cry when Hughes died, I didn't cry with Shou Tucker, I cried buckets when Gluttony died. I can't watch this anymore if the best character is gone.
Aug 1, 2010 7:43 AM

Aug 2008
Okay, what's with this garbage about having two three minutes of the story AFTER the closing credits (which I prefer to skip and move on to the next ep)? Sorry, but that irritates me so much. This is the first time I noticed they did that sort of thing.

Decent enough ep, otherwise, though Pride having to lick his lips to sinisterly show he is going to devour Gluttony seems so cliche and utterly excessive.
Dec 2, 2010 8:56 AM

Dec 2008
Pride is just pure unadulterated evil!! He ate his own comrade!! Would someone just kill that thing already????
Mar 21, 2011 8:03 AM

Mar 2010
Liked it a lot how the enemy changes so much

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 4, 2011 9:53 AM

Dec 2010
Pride is evil, Lust wouldn't be happy
Apr 24, 2011 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
The explanation (for seeing in dark) made by the old man was just.. stupid. Besides that , everything was good..
May 24, 2011 1:39 AM

Oct 2010
Lots of action in this episode. Lovely. <3

I actually like Pride. |D
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 11, 2011 4:00 PM

Sep 2010
epic as hell. Can't wait for the battle with pride
Jul 20, 2011 6:36 AM

Dec 2010
This Pride guy is so annoying, that I hate him almost as much as I hated Lust in FMA(she just don't have the same strong presence in Brotherhood as she did in FMA). And for just once, the chimera fighting against homunculius didn't end up dead.
Aug 8, 2011 8:02 AM
Jul 2010
Great thing Wrath told Riza he was the one who chose the wife^^ Anyway, the episode was damn freaking awesome! Great fighting scenes + Pride's creepiness + Roy's plan starts moving. Perfect!
Aug 20, 2011 2:48 PM
Mar 2010
Great ep, the starting with Lan Fan was amazing, i could watch it again and again! XD
Aug 21, 2011 6:22 AM

May 2010
Gluttony vs Sloth.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 2, 2012 5:33 PM

Sep 2010
It's ironical how Gluttony got eaten...
Anyway, i wonder if Hohenheim will join the fight. That'd be certainly interesting.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
May 9, 2012 10:59 AM

Mar 2011
It's nice to see Lan Fan again, she's a beast.
Jun 26, 2012 5:25 PM

Jun 2009
Amazingly well animated "fight" between Gluttony and Lan Fan/Ling. I actually felt bad for Gluttony there. He's so....innocent that I just have a soft spot for him.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 13, 2012 10:01 AM

May 2012
That was quite fucked up especially that ending where he ate gluttony! Damn can't stop now lets see what's next!
Nov 12, 2012 8:27 PM

Jul 2009
damn Greed's laugh is awesome :D

good to see Ling in action :)

i feel sorry for Gluttony getting beat at dark.

Fu is soo sneaky XD

so Pride has been alive for more than 20 years huh??

Heinkel almost died, thank you Ed :P

Chris Mustang, so that's Madam Christmas's real name huh?

good to see the girls are safe and sound :)

guess Roy bought the shop huh?? :D

love the music where the plan is being set in action :)

Roy is finally with Hawkeye, Brad and Feury!

wish Hughes was here :\

pretty smart of Fu using the flashbang!

AL is safe and sound ^^

damn Pride eating Gluttony like that.

guess he'll have the same appetite now that he abosrbed him.

finally Roy proceeding as plan :)

Hohenheim next!!

man only a few episodes left :\
Feb 3, 2013 9:25 AM

Dec 2012
Poor Gluttony, leave him alone :(
Apr 1, 2013 3:09 PM
Apr 2012
cardin said:
Lahis said:
BurningEyedShana said:
If only those villagers hadn't come, Lion King might've killed Pride. Next episode is gonna be good.
I beg to differ. Pride would have died out fo boredom before Heinkel could have done any real damage to him.

Why is Pride so durable? Or is he just not 'healing'? Yet he's using up his lives? *confused*

I don't think he is especially durable, but rather that heinkel is kind of weak. I doubt he would even be able to kill Gluttony.
Did Pride eat Gluttony just to gain his sense of smell? Or did he do it to also gain those few lives he had left?
If he has done it only for the smell then that seems rather stupid to me as there is light now and even if the light goes out again Gluttony's sense of smell loses out to the abillity to sense Homunculuses that the people from Xing have. And on top of that they can also actually see in the dark like that old man said.
Apr 14, 2013 6:54 PM

Aug 2012
Poor Gluttony.
Jun 28, 2013 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
Gluttony was eaten. A rather ironic fate don't cha think? ;D
Aug 5, 2013 4:39 PM
Sep 2012
Explaining abilities openly -_- dumb shonen moment there.

And that big dark thingy is really dumb as well.

The rest was all good

4/5
Aug 21, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
Another spectacular episode... As usual
Selim ate Gluttony who had shouted Lust's name just before he died.
I always thought that Lust is a motherly figure for Gluttony. Am I wrong?
Selim:Gluttony, how many have you got killed?
Gluttony:dunno, MANY... Crap
Oct 26, 2013 4:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Gluttony got eaten- Quite ironic really! Pride is one nasty, nasty mofo.

And why is General Armstrong helping Father (unless it is getting in the good graces of them to then stab them in the back).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2013 3:29 PM

May 2013
prides pretty creepy
Dec 2, 2013 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
HurricaneSweet said:
Explaining abilities openly -_- dumb shonen moment there.

Aye, why would you ever do something like this?

Other than that, the whole deal with Pride gaining Gluttony's smell ability (and his hunger as well) after eating him, or rather consuming/joining his essence with his own, was quite a nice touch. It makes sense, if you think about how Father created them all.

However, I quite didn't like how the thought process was shown beforehand.
Ling takes over his body, after convincing Greed he can do better than him in this particular situation. It's not that Greed uses Ling's abilities, though it does make sense for Pride to think so, since he isn't privileged to this information as are we. The thing that irked me was that even though Pride acted on FALSE assumption (and I don't think there was a precedence?), it still worked as intended, even though because of different reasons. -_-'

As I said before, yes, it does make sense when you think about it. But! Since abilities in this anime are often spelled out even out loud right in the faces of enemies who could use the information for their own benefit, this kind of played against the custom.
It just felt like "Nopes, you've got it WRONG, Pride ...and it worked ANYWAY?" So yeah...

Also, even though the whole Pride's "He's in the shadows! Get rid of the light sources!" thing was already present in the tunnel at Briggs, I actually don't buy that at all. Can't see much how cast shadow is different than lack of light in general, other than because of light scattering, shadows will be "less dark" than places where light doesn't even get to. Doesn't make much sense to me. Sure it's an interesting mechanic and gives him a weak spot, but if intense light restricts his shadowy-tentacles-powers, then lack of light would actually be beneficial, no?
And even if I'd accept that he only can manipulate over places where there's a "cast shadow" - wouldn't he actually have almost unlimited access to half the planet, since it's in its own "cast" shadow during the night? ;)

---
PrinceHeir said:
I know it's been a long time, but - Pride is supposedly the first Humunculus. He's been around longer than Greed, and Greed boasted at one time that he's at least 200 years old. :P
XupicorDec 3, 2013 7:49 AM
Dec 6, 2013 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
this gonna be one looong day
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 27, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2013
awww Gluttony was eaten by that merciless Pride...

father and son vs. Pride next ep!
Xupicor said:
PrinceHeir said:
I know it's been a long time, but - Pride is supposedly the first Humunculus. He's been around longer than Greed, and Greed boasted at one time that he's at least 200 years old. :P

I don't remember Greed doing that in FMAB...that was in the 2003 version.
Dec 30, 2013 10:12 AM

May 2013
I like the relationship between Gluttony and Lust :(
Even though Gluttony creeps me out sometimes lol
Dec 31, 2013 11:50 PM
Dec 2013
hey guys during this episodes ending theme, whose hands are they that clasp together and a light shines through?
Mar 21, 2014 10:15 AM

Jun 2011
Nothing much really happening other than Pride consuming Gluttony (no surprise), Roy's group kidnapping Mrs Bradley, and the reveal of Roy's foster mother.
PrimeX said:

Xupicor said:
PrinceHeir said:

I don't remember Greed doing that in FMAB...that was in the 2003 version.

He did said that in FMAB.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2012
Gluttony down! Nice epi!
Jun 7, 2014 3:09 AM

Mar 2014
I really hate to see Gluttony defeated like that, if he weren't evil he'd be soooo cute, he's still cute, but if he were good, he'd be my favorite character. He's like a little kid, and I love how much he likes Lust :(
Jun 11, 2014 5:27 AM

Aug 2013
I actually feel bad for Gluttony :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2014 6:21 PM

Jan 2012
Poor Gluttony only had two things to him. He was always hungry and he missed Lust.

I want to see Hohenheim kick ass come onnnn
Sep 26, 2014 3:14 AM

Jan 2014
And goodbye Gluttony. The homunculi are just thinning out now.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 30, 2014 6:09 PM
May 2012
superbro said:
I really hate to see Gluttony defeated like that, if he weren't evil he'd be soooo cute, he's still cute, but if he were good, he'd be my favorite character. He's like a little kid, and I love how much he likes Lust :(

Well, there is cuteness in him. Pride is nasty!!
Feb 19, 2015 1:13 AM

Jan 2012
I can't stop watching >_>

I know Gluttony is evil, but you can't help feeling a bit sorry for him...he got the SHIT beaten out of him, and then he got eaten.
Lemme smang it girl.
Apr 10, 2015 3:03 AM

Aug 2012
Aaahhh! I just love Pride! X3 He's my second favorite character, after Greed. <3
In the next episode, Pride looks even more evil. Can't wait! XD
Jul 26, 2015 6:15 PM

Jun 2015
Wicked_Glory said:
I can't stop watching >_>

I know Gluttony is evil, but you can't help feeling a bit sorry for him...he got the SHIT beaten out of him, and then he got eaten.
Jul 29, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, Pride is brutal. Awesome scene though. Quite the long battle we have here!

Wicked_Glory said:

I agree, that was pretty intense and an awful way to go for him.
Oct 11, 2015 6:48 PM

Jul 2009
So Madam Christimas was Roy's mom! What a surprise!
I was not expecting Pride to eat Gluttony!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

966 by Sa8119ra »»
May 4, 3:18 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

134 by LockHowl »»
May 3, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeviantKaos - Apr 25, 2010

332 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Apr 12, 2009

361 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 2, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

618 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 2, 3:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.