Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2008 5:25 AM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the last episode of the first season~
its was very good episode and i very loved this season..
i hope the second season will be good to...
Mar 25, 2008 7:18 PM
Oct 2007
And with that i'm satisfied...
Good ending hehe...

Off to second season...
Jul 9, 2008 2:56 AM

Mar 2008
yay made me smile lol ^^
Jul 11, 2008 2:23 AM

Apr 2008
Good final. Glad that the second season has finished already so I can marathon it.

Aug 15, 2008 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
Decent enough ending.
Sep 16, 2008 6:09 PM

Mar 2008
I guess it's just me then. I had no idea what was going on. I'm not really sure you can even call this show "watchable".
Sep 24, 2008 6:27 PM

Feb 2008
im shocked that nobody noticed that yuji would of survived no matter what, since he had the ring on his neck the whole time. good lie you told shana (i go wherever u go"), guess heaven doesn't count lol
Oct 9, 2008 11:53 PM

May 2008
great great anime, but I raelly gotta say, yoshida-san should go die even though shes nice and stuff. shana x yuji ftw, everyone else can go starve. lol, kinda harsh... :P
Jan 13, 2009 12:22 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, really fun anime. That was one of the best I've seen in a while. The only thing that prevented me from giving this episode a perfect score was Yoshida's line at the end about round two or whatever...honestly, I think Shana won after that big epic mess. I don't like when animes do that.

Anyway yeah, very good anime. I'll watch the 2nd season later, but I'm not too keen to start it so soon, since this season had a satisfying ending.
Feb 17, 2009 4:18 PM

Aug 2008
I LOVE this anime!!! Yay for a second season!
Apr 19, 2009 2:46 AM

Dec 2008
This was awesome ,I watched the last 9 episodes from 22:00 am till 04:00 pm XD
They wrapped everything up in the end,which was nice and very well done

Yoshida sucks ; )
FabienneApr 24, 2009 12:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2009 7:46 PM

Oct 2008
Good anime, with a pleasant ending. Looking forward to see the sequel and hopefully Sakai will be able to take a hint this time and actually make a move.

Also I hope Wilhelima and her "de-ariamus" or whatever it is drowns herself. That is all.

Overall 8/10 series for me.
Apr 25, 2009 10:00 AM
Jan 2009
Well, I am disappointed with the ending, I actually hoped Shana will sacrifice herself and then Sakai and Yoshida will live happily everafter ;p Nah, that would be quite lame, I guess. Another thing that bothered me were the last lines about "round 2", like saving the whole city and Sakai's life wasn't enough to settle these things.
Don't mind my bitchin, I really liked the series, the last episodes were really enthralling.
May 12, 2009 7:51 AM
Apr 2009
the ending was not my this but the season was great, i hope the ending of the 2. season will be more exciting
May 26, 2009 11:38 PM

Mar 2009
Ending was good, but it would have made more of an impact if they actually both died while walking into that door. Actually, they could have just stopped the animation right at the resulting explosion, and the result would have been more poetic.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Jun 2, 2009 4:18 AM

Jun 2008
rTz said:
Ending was good, but it would have made more of an impact if they actually both died while walking into that door. Actually, they could have just stopped the animation right at the resulting explosion, and the result would have been more poetic.

But then they wouldn't be able to make a second season...

Although, looking at it (the second season), I'm kinda wishing they did that ^^
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jun 11, 2009 3:44 PM

Dec 2008
not necessarily the ending i expected.
but i liked how they did the open ending.
Jul 17, 2009 1:19 AM

Dec 2008
This was ok. Time for the second season.
Jul 17, 2009 5:48 PM
Aug 2008
Good ending, sweet Flame of heaven! still think he should've said something when she said she loved him. I mean cmon! they were about to die and all he can do is smile?? oh well, he better pick one sooner or later ( go Shana!)
Aug 19, 2009 11:29 PM

Feb 2009
rreggiebryant1 said:
im shocked that nobody noticed that yuji would of survived no matter what, since he had the ring on his neck the whole time. good lie you told shana (i go wherever u go"), guess heaven doesn't count lol

good point, but maybe it was because all along he knew she'd make it.
I want your soul... so please, click.
Aug 20, 2009 10:20 AM
Aug 2009
it was good.

i still want kazumi to die die burn fire
Sep 19, 2009 8:03 AM

Jul 2009
Perfect Anime with an enjoyable nice Ending! =)
eventough im not satisfied with the reason why Shana still alive
afterall i think Shakugan No Shana is a enjoyable, perfect and nice movie to watch ^_^
10/10 for it =)
Sep 20, 2009 10:55 AM
Dec 2008
I really liked the ending, but nobody died.... even the bad guys survived...

anyway I hope the 2nd, and 3rd season are as good or better than this one !
Oct 16, 2009 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
Okay it really was disturbing seeing Shana's underwear like that every 5 sec in the first battle, what the heck was up with that?? Don't know about you guys but I'm a girl and I wouldn't like seeing a male character's underpants showing aroud like that *yuck*

Anyways, I don't get why they should have died. I know that would have been the logical thing to happen, but I love happy endings too much to complain over logic ^_^.

Good season overall. Gonna be watching season 2 pretty soon :P.

Oct 26, 2009 6:44 PM
Jul 2009
was a good episode to end the first season :)

Oct 29, 2009 10:50 AM

Oct 2009
Nov 30, 2009 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
Great first season, great open ending <3

x266 said:

HOLY $#!7 O_O
Jan 4, 2010 1:20 AM

Aug 2009
this series was realy amazing it brought out every emotion a person could have I look forward to the next season
Jan 10, 2010 7:43 PM

Dec 2009
great anime, only downside is that Shana's and Yuji's relationship is not developing. looking forward to s2

btw whoever liked this shud check out zero no tsukaima, its even better imo, and has most of the same staff
Jan 18, 2010 3:00 PM

Nov 2009
I can see how they tried hard to be original and not follow in the footsteps of many other anime. I seriously expected Wilhelmina and margery to both be defeated and shana'd have to overcome the three herself, feeling overwhelmed yuji would confess his feelings and she'd get some new found strength and kick all their asses. But in the end not a single person was harmed. Not even the scientist haha. On to season 2!
Apr 11, 2010 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
That was a pretty good ending to an overall disappointing series.

6/10
Apr 22, 2010 8:35 AM

Jan 2010
camj4f said:
this series was realy amazing it brought out every emotion a person could have I look forward to the next season

totally! :D i loved it :D now off to 2nd season:P
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Jun 1, 2010 5:55 AM

Mar 2009
Anyone know what the music at almost the end was?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5WvWSPh7Y - it starts right at the beginning. I can't find it at the OST.
Jun 21, 2010 11:12 AM
Jun 2010
I has expecting better for a 8/10 rated anime :/
for me it doesn't deserve more than 5/10, somehow this shows remind me of Bleach (random creepy looking characters + random events)

the end was ok I suppose, but the serie kept being random with a classic one-sided love triangle.
supersayenJul 18, 2010 9:37 AM

Jul 10, 2010 11:21 PM

May 2010
Hmm, so what do I say to something that is utterly formulaic, yet follows that formula so darn well? Is there a prize for best utterly generic show? Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh and generous at the same time, 'twas good entertainment and a suitable ending.
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 3, 2010 11:20 AM

Feb 2010
start off with a couple of pantie shots and end with her naked ;3 that shana

aww how cute they holding dem hands together ~de arimasu

funny how they kinda defeat the enemy like the others by just throwing an object at them lol (ex: the glass at the puppet guy, sword at the incest boy)

I enjoyed it 7/10 time for season 2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2010 10:21 PM

Apr 2010
normally im not a huge fan of deus ex machina, but for some reason, i wasnt annoyed by it in this case. i really enjoyed the series; gonna go watch season 2 now.
Oct 18, 2010 2:46 PM

Aug 2010
Holy crap, now wasn't that a huge explosion. Since the moment that Tenpa Jyousai was mentioned I feared that Shana will be forced to use it :/ When she did, I was so sure that she passed away (Yep, and I almost cried, too)... But hell, you can't describe my joy when it turned out that they survived and that Yuuji peeped on her again... Urusai, urusai, urusai! :3

Oct 31, 2010 6:20 PM

Sep 2008
Decent ending -- satisfying enough. Not "absolutely amazing" or anything mind-boggling, but I didn't expect it to be. Still, it was a good series.

Only "good" though. 7/10 for me. It just took a long time to build up and is lacking something... (Maybe lacking the ability to leave me feeling like "WHOA that was AWESOME!" in any episode. XD) Still entertaining!
Dec 21, 2010 3:24 PM
Jun 2010
i think yuuji maybe didn't remember at first that he had the ring on.

anyway, loved it, i don't loathe wilhemina as much anymore, lol. just pissed though, i mean, wtf? no kiss? ike! win yoshida! keep that skank away from yuuji! lol, definetley watching the second season.
Mar 13, 2011 11:41 AM

Oct 2010
hmmm this made me wonder....
- Did Yuuji jump in knowing he was going to be ok because of the ring?
- Did Yuuji actually heard her saying she love him... or he just smile and node as he walk her to her doom?

Yuuji proved to be a tit and he couldn't even give her a kiss at the end (or a hug... or shake a hand, not just sit there). And after all the events he should at least make things straight with Kazumi. Then again if all this would have happen 2nd Season would be pointless.

Very entertaining 8/10
huh?
Mar 23, 2011 3:29 PM
Jul 2010
Well, this was definitely a good watch. The story took its time to pick up but when it did it was pretty exciting. However, there were some things that I'd like to see explained. Like what those guys wanted to do with all that power of existence. And what the power of existence really is. The first guy wanted that power to make his Rinne exist. That makes sense. Anything more than that isn't evident and if there was any explanation, I somehow missed it. I don't think they even explained what turning the city into "a pool of existence" means (besides the obvious destruction of the city). Either way, it was an enjoyable anime, especially the characters' interactions and it did have a great ending. I wish I had watched this back when it was airing because I seriously thought Shana would die when she used the Tenpa Jyousai. That is, if I didn't know there was a second season. Overall, I give this one a 8/10.
Apr 19, 2011 4:22 AM

Apr 2011
This was a great ending :3 cant wait to start watching the second season, but I'm a little bit upset they still haven't kissed D<
Sep 14, 2011 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
pretty good anime.

but i found yuuji and yoshida are so annoying . At least yuuji has redeeming quality , but yoshida . i hope someone kill her maybe in the second or third season .
Shana is badass though .

oh and the artwork , not it's bad , it just reminded me of a bad anime called school something.

7 / 10 , would like to give 8 but yoshida make me want to puke sometimes.
Sep 15, 2011 4:19 AM

Jan 2011
Marathon is over, it's after 4:00 and I have an online meeting at 9:00--but it was worth it! Good ending, and it looks like the romantic pot will be bubbling for everyone next season. I just have marathon season 2 and specials before season 3 starts in a couple of weeks.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 18, 2011 10:58 AM
Sep 2011
i was pleased with the ending. the only real character who got on my nerves in this entire series was yoshida. my god was she a bother but at least she was actually needed for shana's development. i just didn't really like her, so i guess it's not too bad. definitely a good series, i'll be starting up the second season soon.
s98fjsSep 18, 2011 11:56 AM
Nov 24, 2011 2:17 PM

Jun 2011
This anime makes me smile from ear to ear . it has a few irritating parts in it ,but i totaly loved it :D
2end season will be wached once i finished downloading :3
Dec 9, 2011 4:35 AM

Oct 2011
So.... I reeeaaally enjoyed the episode, but I seem to not understand why every time someone confesses their love to Yuuji, he just stands there with a stupid grin on his face not saying anything for god knows how long. That's just unbearably awkward for anyone involved or even watching. If I did that, I'd be considered a jerk, so why is he doing that to Shana of all people?

lol

Oh well. (Now off to the 2nd season!)
Dec 18, 2011 7:26 PM

Mar 2011
Alright ending, I suppose. Yoshida annoyed me with her "round two" nonsense. She saved his life and the city (maybe even world) for Christ's sakes, woman.

6/10. Time to start the second season soon.
Mar 14, 2012 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
Come on Yoshida die already! I mean she is nice and stuff and I know a rival was needed, but this is going too far. She is such a b1tch, it is so clear that Shana has won. She saved not only Yuuji and the city but probably the world by almost sacrificing herself. She is probably one of the reasons I'm not going to give this an anime a higher score, she is way too annoying.
Apart from that brat I really liked this show. Shana is pretty awesome and I will surely put her on my favorites. Most of the other characters were nothing really special, but Shana made me forget about all of them. Yuuji was also very dumb at times (mainly for not realizing Shana's feelings), but I'm happy he didn't became another Shiro Emiya (from Fate/Stay night).
The other thing that made me take away from the score is the slow story. When you think about it nothing really special happened until the end of the season, The action scenes made up for some of them however.

Overall I had a lot of frustration (Yoshida's obnoxiousness), but I still very much enjoyed the series mainly for the action and the relationship between Shana and Yuuji. So this anime gets an 8 from me. Hope to see more in season 2.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 5 Discussion

stephy_ccs - Jul 2, 2008

27 by Dywei »»
Jan 31, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 4 Discussion

Chilli-Kun - Mar 10, 2008

44 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 16 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 7, 2008

37 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - May 9, 2008

58 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 20, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 8 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 5, 2008

39 by GoddessOfSake »»
Sep 23, 2023 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.