Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 22, 2010 7:14 PM

Jun 2009
I must say, this episode was full of EPIC WIN...aside from the censors lolz
Why can't this be a 24 episode show? They'll NEVER be able to make a great ending with only 5 episodes left.
I wish Seikon no Qwaser was less though lol
Feb 22, 2010 7:17 PM

Jun 2009
Apocalypz said:

1. Why the hell did Mina and Akira fight? Because he broke his promise to her about always being by her side and stuff. If he ever broke it she would "feast upon his flesh" or something like that lol
2. Why the hell was she crying afterwards after they fought? Because she realized that Akira remembered their promised, or at least promised to never forget it again.
3. Why the hell was Yuki just standing there? Because she can
4. Why the hell was Akira knighted immediately after they fought? I think it's because he's reached his potential.
5. WHY THE HELL IS THIS SHOW GIVING ME A MINDFUCK?! Because its SHAFT.

WHY THE HELL?!?!?!Because Chuck Norris said so.
Feb 22, 2010 9:03 PM
Oct 2007
I've been a fan of SHAFT for 3 years now. This is it. They are off my favorites list. RAGE!

This episode was an epic failure of an epic win. The source material is golden and I can't help imagine that if Vampire Bund was done by a studio like Brains Base, or Madhouse, or Production I.G., how TRULY EPIC it would be. But alas, that's never gonna happen and all I can do is complain. But I'm not complaining just because SHAFT is not following the manga. They aren't even trying to make a good coherent adaptation, which leads to killing our eyes with ridiculous splashes of colors. noteDhero, desolato, and EternalDreamer all said what I wanted to already, so go read their posts. :)

Also, Meiren sucks! WTH?! She's a stupid plot device to stop Mina's awesome murder of that idiot of a vampire and make Mina seem like some weak little girl. PUH-LEASE! Get rid of the stinking candy girl!!

Finally, a lot of fans are thinking the last 5 episodes will be so-called original plot, aka filler. But I think SHAFT is going to butcher the Nanami arc. Why? Because I think Meiren is a follower of the leader of the next arc, but I won't give her name or anything to spoil you. :P Watch SHAFT prove me right. ;)

Apocalypz said:
Okay, I watched this yesterday and had time to think about it, but I am still confused about this damn episode. Maybe it's because I didn't read the anime, but I was so damn lost by the end.

1. Why the hell did Mina and Akira fight?
2. Why the hell was she crying afterwards after they fought?
3. Why the hell was Yuki just standing there?
4. Why the hell was Akira knighted immediately after they fought?
5. WHY THE HELL IS THIS SHOW GIVING ME A MINDFUCK?!

WHY THE HELL?!?!?!

If someone could help me figure out answers to these questions, I'd be very appreciative.

The answer to all of your questions is that this is SHAFT and the advice I advise you to take is to read the source of all greatness, also known as the original manga! XP
Feb 22, 2010 9:46 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, the production values really hit a new low this week. I know you're trying to save money for Bakemonogatari, but what the hell SHAFT?

Ending of the ep was pretty decent, though.
Feb 23, 2010 12:54 AM

Jun 2008
The episode events wasn't bad. Actually this episode could have been great but Shaft completely destroyed it. Those cheapskates just put still pictures in the mix of red images and made one big bullshit. What could have been one of the best episodes became one of the worst because of Shaft.

There is no excuse for this shit they made. Shaft should be ashamed. I have seen armatures making small videos on the internet doing better work. Even the rain at the start was a still image and wasn't moving. This whole episode should be made all over again for the BD version. And STOP the fucking eye scenes!!!!!

Am stopping because am pissed and i will just start shouting about there mothers if i continue. Am going now to read the manga because every hope about the anime has been lost.

BTW, WTF!! was the gold Mina all about? There way of censoring? Fucking stupid censors.
MonadFeb 23, 2010 12:14 PM
Feb 23, 2010 11:53 AM

Oct 2007
I guess Ookami Kakushi wasn't alone in this season after all.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 23, 2010 12:45 PM

Jul 2008
i was kind of wondering how they would show mina's transformer form
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 23, 2010 1:14 PM

Oct 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
I will give this episode credit for one thing, though, and that is that it gave this show its first Crowning Moment of Awesome, namely Akira bursting through the ceiling and punching a vampire in the face. That kicked so much ass I watched it three times.
Yeah Congratulations and now you can have the GIF I made of it since you inspired me anyways=>

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 23, 2010 9:44 PM

Jan 2009
I haven't read the manga and I was somewhat enjoying this anime. This episode however, was really bad. I felt like I was watching some really cheesy B horror movie. Nothing flowed at all.
Feb 24, 2010 1:43 AM

Sep 2009
francismeunier said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
I will give this episode credit for one thing, though, and that is that it gave this show its first Crowning Moment of Awesome, namely Akira bursting through the ceiling and punching a vampire in the face. That kicked so much ass I watched it three times.
Yeah Congratulations and now you can have the GIF I made of it since you inspired me anyways=>

Why thank you. :D
Feb 24, 2010 7:46 AM

Jan 2010
I would have to agree that this was probably the best episode of this series so far, yet it's a major disappointment due to the fact that Shaft did such mediocre animation on it and of course censored it. I thought this show was supposed to be uncensored..episode 2 you see Akira rubbing up Mina's naked body and then the next episodes they cover her up with steam and black fog. Other than that, the story was excellent in this episode and it was thoroughly enjoyable..however, I will probably re-download it when the DVD/Blu Ray's get subbed just to see it finished and without the missing scenes/censors.
Ok™
Feb 24, 2010 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
WTF ? Glowing body ? Most ridiculous censorship ever ! Great episode anyway, with some interesting development we didn't see in the manga (at least, not in the related chapter)
Feb 25, 2010 12:03 PM

Jun 2009
Now i get this "Lava Golem Mina" thingie, pathetic.... -_-
But Akira and Mina's fight itself wasn't so bad.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 25, 2010 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
XD. Besides all the hate for this episode. Does anyone have the picture at the end of the photo? :D
Feb 27, 2010 3:58 AM

Dec 2008
porkypink said:
kerobear said:

The fight between Akira and Mina was like EPIC ^^

So epic I thought the show ended since it seemed as if it was the last episode.

I thought the same thing ;D

This was my favorite episode so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2010 5:09 AM

Aug 2009
Sorry to say, but I hated this anime's manga version, thus I can't see the bases of manga being 'better'. I tried to read it due to some people who is saying 'manga is better than this shit'. However, manga is still bad. I mean, what's so great about Vampire Bund Manga? I don't get any single of that.

Though I agree that this anime adaption is a lot worse, due to unfinished choppy powerpoint slideshow crap created by our glorious SHAFT. Story makes no sense, art is disgusting, censor is laughable; there is nothing good about this anime.

This is getting closer to dropping. But, I will never remove my fandom towards SHAFT just for this. First, it is not endless eight. Second, I don't care about them butchering the manga, since I didn't like it anyway.
ringoo4Feb 27, 2010 6:19 AM
Feb 27, 2010 5:29 AM

Jan 2009
^What exactly is so bad about the manga? D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 27, 2010 5:48 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:

Art is not my cup of tea. Concept is twilight like. Story is uninteresting.

Enough said?
Feb 27, 2010 6:53 AM

Apr 2008
twilight like?..........................
.......................are you smoking something?
Feb 27, 2010 7:00 AM

Jun 2009
Darklight0303 said:

Must be some hard stuff...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2010 7:03 AM

Apr 2008
It has to be if it turned Mina into that mary sue.......
Feb 27, 2010 7:43 AM

Jun 2009
Goo4 said:
Oosran said:

Art is not my cup of tea. Concept is twilight like. Story is uninteresting.

Enough said?

I would like to see you draw better.
Oh yes it has vampires and werewolves. So twilight like.....Definitely not like those hundreds of movies about vampires and werewolves that came before twilight. What exactly is similar about these shows? One is about a girl having an unhealthy obsession with a freak of nature (Besides drinking blood those faggots have nothing in common with vampires. You could call them esper boys and that would be a more accurate description) and the other is about a vampire princess raising a nation of vampires. Tons in common there....
Just because you don't understand the story does not make it uninteresting.

Therefore to summarize

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 27, 2010 8:03 AM

Apr 2008
I knew there would be someone more thorough than me after that statement XD
*salutes Aidan with pride*
Feb 27, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2009
Darklight0303 said:
I knew there would be someone more thorough than me after that statement XD
*salutes Aidan with pride*

I thank you. At ease, soldier.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 27, 2010 4:21 PM

Aug 2008
Okay, basically...

I'm surprised I even bothered to stick around that long. BAI DANZU VAMPIRU
NiklaiMar 18, 2010 10:45 AM
Feb 27, 2010 4:40 PM

Aug 2009
I only stated concept, but I can't deny that I was a bit tired yesterday... >_> Sorry for that stupid statement.

AidanAK47 said:
I would like to see you draw better.
People don't read manga to draw. I just don't like its style.

Still, I don't like how those politics,terror whatever those betting mixed together in one thing. I definitely understand what story is going on, it's just not my thing.
ringoo4Feb 28, 2010 2:37 AM
Feb 28, 2010 9:22 AM

May 2009
So this totally felt like the last episode, or the end of an arc. And why did Mina and Akira fight again? Because he broke the promise? Kind of pointless.

Also; censors suck ass.
stAtic91Feb 28, 2010 9:25 AM
Feb 28, 2010 1:40 PM
Jun 2009
lol wtf o0!!
Mar 2, 2010 5:05 PM

Jan 2010
Darklight0303 said:

AGREED. Not everything that has to do with vampires has to be connected to gay ass twilight >.< But, I see that subject has been resolved... On the other hand...

Is it odd to say that I love all you people for making these forums interesting as f**k?(:
Mar 3, 2010 2:07 AM

Jan 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
Is it odd to say that I love all you people for making these forums interesting as f**k?(:
Well it'd be boring here if all these interesting people writing funny stuff weren't here : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 3, 2010 5:09 AM

Jul 2007
This adaptation is so stupid. I've never read the manga, so I'm saying this from watching so many other shows. Do people even like Shaft?
Mar 3, 2010 11:46 AM

Aug 2008
porkypink said:
kerobear said:

The fight between Akira and Mina was like EPIC ^^

So epic I thought the show ended since it seemed as if it was the last episode.

like me.

i liked the ending, but i feel sorry for Yuki a little.
Mar 5, 2010 11:27 PM

Dec 2007
The fight was actually good despite that I don’t like these censored scenes for Mika’s true form when she transformed. However, I liked her transformation instead crappy monster, at least. SHAFT has a decent job on directing even if the plot is good.
Mar 6, 2010 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
Boy, I wasn't feeling this episode at all. I'm not buying into Mina & Akira's relationship at all. They're at each other's throats at one moment, someone gets impaled the next & everything's OK? And the editing was jarring, to say the least. Oh well, the end of this episode felt like a reboot of sorts. So I'll hang in there a bit longer.
Mar 10, 2010 1:43 PM

Oct 2009
Huh? This seemed like the final episode!
Mar 14, 2010 2:41 PM
Jun 2009
After visiting here I just picked up another favourite manga. Cheers guys! The anime? Well, figure I'll watch it til the end, since I've come this far.
Mar 15, 2010 9:02 AM

Sep 2009
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?

I'm a little pissed off here.

1). Where did all of the guys that were in the church go?
2). Since when does getting your blood sucked feel good? I wonder if it was a translation error because the only thing that would make sense is being sired feeling good (turned into a vampire).
3). Why can't she fight with clothes on? A simple robe that's more like a bed sheet. Come on now.
4). He gets over all of the stuff she did just like that!? That's bogus. She did some unforgivable stuff.
5). Is this episode 7 or the last episode? What the hell?
Mar 15, 2010 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
DragoZERO said:
She did some unforgivable stuff.
I think you're exaggerating a bit. I mean, everything she's done is perfectly understandable, really. Just think about it, wouldn't you do the same in her situation? I sure would anyway : p
Mar 15, 2010 10:51 AM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
DragoZERO said:
I think you're exaggerating a bit. I mean, everything she's done is perfectly understandable, really. Just think about it, wouldn't you do the same in her situation? I sure would anyway : p
I don't think I'd order the kidnapping and siring of an innocent boy.
DragoZEROMar 15, 2010 10:57 AM
Mar 16, 2010 10:20 AM

Sep 2008
What matters for me is not how many people compare it to Twilight, because those are just assuming "Twilight was a big hit, desho? Vampires are prepubescent girls' dream, desho? That werewolf kid in Twilight gets girls wet with his adonis belt, desho? This show has vampires... and werewolves, so this show is Twilight, deshooooo~?". What matters for me is not how many people find it morally wrong, graphically weak. I don't see any of them moving a finger about many morally wrong happenings which are not in an anime but in the world, so please, go be phony somewhere else. I would think they are serious if they didn't rate unbearable ecchi animes with weird animation high.

So, for the anime. I think story adds something new with the idea of the Bund. We'll see how it'll add something new to the whole vampire scene tough. For me, the revolution of vampire stories is Twilight... and no, this time revolution does not have a good meaning. Thanks god this anime is not going from the path of Twilight so I find it rather enjoyable. For me, scenes that people tend to compare to Matrix are really working. I enjoy drawing of the anime throughoutly. Thus, it is good.

Bite me if you are going to bother me with my grammar mistakes.
Mar 18, 2010 2:23 PM

Oct 2009
was pants i tell you..PANTS!
Mar 18, 2010 3:28 PM

Apr 2008
DragoZERO said:
Oosran said:
DragoZERO said:
I don't think I'd order the kidnapping and siring of an innocent boy.

Did you miss the fact that there is a vaccine that can be used within 48 hours of getting bitten?
Mar 19, 2010 11:14 AM
May 2007
i think i'm going to read the manga first instead of carrying on, this choppy style and censoring (are the read screens the censor ship because seriously.. it was annoying.. i appreciate that they're trying to do something with limited funds.. but was there a reason to use red instead of something that doesn't burn retinas - like black perhaps) for some reason is making it hideously difficult to keep up with what the heck is going on.
Mar 20, 2010 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
ok, I guess they were fighting because Akira had lost his trust in her, which meant he broke his promise.

But WHAT IS IN MINA'S ROOM THAT NO ONES ALLOWED INTO!?!
At one point the narration said he entered.. but I do not remember him going in there.
Was it a chick getting her blood sucked?? They did show a flash of that earlier in the episode but never mentioned that Akira knew anything about it..
Mar 22, 2010 1:51 AM

May 2008
The anime adaption of this keeps making me RAGE.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 22, 2010 6:40 AM

Oct 2009
ukonkivi said:
The anime adaption of this keeps making me RAGE.

Yeah me & Hulk Hogan agree with you brother
Apr 2, 2010 8:40 AM

Oct 2008
So... Mina's armor and wings are gone at the rooftop. Why?..

P.S. This is not a question meant to be answered.

Edit:
KanuTousen said:
But WHAT IS IN MINA'S ROOM THAT NO ONES ALLOWED INTO!?!

It's probably the "awakened form" of Mina.
akai-kitsuneApr 2, 2010 8:46 AM
Apr 5, 2010 11:22 PM
Feb 2009
rageee
Apr 17, 2010 5:55 PM

Sep 2007
holy cow....I never noticed the show was censored but this was too obvious ._.
I quit watching....tried to pick it up again......but I'm quitting again....

Mina looked pretty cool.....if there was a ever a clear shot of her x-x
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 4, 2010 1:30 PM

Oct 2007
Why was she naked...? she hate clothes that much?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.