Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 28, 2010 12:52 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok I got to go do something but let me tell you that the reporter lady in this episode is just plain stupid to have been bitten by a vampire (on the breast of all places...makes it look a little bit erotic) and put a bomb into her body just to get rid of Mina. Mina talked much more in this episode. Apart from that action was mediocre at best with Akira being vigilant and saving Mina from the bomb....a little gruesome to see a chest stitched/vampire fangs . Seeing Mina in a bath was a delight. I did not get the names but I am assuming this is Vera=>
and this guy Borg=>
is Mina's security chief? This guy looks like some kind of high duke=>
From the looks of it Mina is bringing lots of troubles to Akira. Just Mina being close to Japan attracts lots of people to kill her...even in this episode it looks like the vampires cooperate with the humans. The nice things=> were Mina skipping rope with kids=>
and some kids taking their vampire fangs out to not be able to suck blood which make me think how they survive now....normal human food we eat?=>
The end left me chills as the class president is a vampire and has lots of minions that have school uniforms, which means the school where dear Yuki goes to will have many problems soon.
Ouch! *_* Nasty bite is nasty=>
Overall...a nice pick up pace with lots of Mina voice.
francismeunierJan 28, 2010 1:52 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 28, 2010 3:48 AM

Aug 2009
What's a bund anyway? XD

Looking forward to this episode. ^^
Jan 28, 2010 5:07 AM

Apr 2008
wow I can't believe they actually followed most of the manga material this time. A pleasant surprise I will admit
Jan 28, 2010 7:17 AM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
wow I can't believe they actually followed most of the manga material this time. A pleasant surprise I will admit
They did? Well then the manga is good after all. Frankly this episode proves that but I wonder how much more they will follow it....

Jan 28, 2010 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't know Saito was going to appear here as well :P

This episode looked like a 'real' beginning to the story, the recent episodes were confusingly messed up so I hope it will become clear starting with ep5 :>
Jan 28, 2010 10:23 AM
Jun 2008
Jumperboy333 said:
What's a bund anyway? XD

Did you meant "band" ? As if "group" in meaning? In Japanese " バンド Bando " really sound like bounto or bund ........
Jan 28, 2010 10:33 AM
Jun 2008
The reason for the creation of the Band is for the sake of children?
when Akira ask this question.....Mina said as if she hope this should be the reason.Then whats the true reason of the creation of the Band?
(its only 4 episode ^^ )
Jan 28, 2010 10:45 AM

Apr 2008
francismeunier said:
Darklight0303 said:
They did? Well then the manga is good after all. Frankly this episode proves that but I wonder how much more they will follow it....

Yep! They cut out a few smaller bits like the ambush at the docks and Akira's confrontation with that vampire duke in the elevator.
Jan 28, 2010 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
The story is lacking a bit of coherence.. enjoyable nonetheless.

gloryfy said:
Jumperboy333 said:
What's a bund anyway? XD
Did you meant "band" ? As if "group" in meaning? In Japanese " バンド Bando " really sound like bounto or bund ........
Then whats the true reason of the creation of the Band?
A Bund is a Federation. The true reason for its creation may be a part of this ominous promise the two protagonists made.
Jan 29, 2010 7:06 AM

Aug 2009
Proselyt said:
gloryfy said:
Jumperboy333 said:
What's a bund anyway? XD
Then whats the true reason of the creation of the Band?
A Bund is a Federation. The true reason for its creation may be a part of this ominous promise the two protagonists made.

Ah thanks.

Still waiting for subs... D: SFW's late.
Jan 29, 2010 3:59 PM

Apr 2008
Still no subs, eh? Gotta be patient.
Jan 29, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
No subs (crap) but holy crap, they're following the manga albeit vaguely and as much as possible within 12 episodes!

(Yes, I couldn't take it anymore. I read the manga....I'm so ashamed >,<)
Jan 30, 2010 1:45 AM

Oct 2009
tasan said:
I may not care for the ecchi in the series but I am not happy to hear that episode 4 was apparently censored. The sub is out already but they randomly have decided to censor it starting with 4. I hate censorship. Anyone know if any of the stations )AT-X) actually aired the uncensored version or if they will? I will not watch this series with any form of censorship in it.
Censors? Did not see any at all...where?

Jan 30, 2010 2:02 AM

Apr 2008
Subs are out by Coalguys and this was an awesome episode! It stayed almost completely faithful to the manga.
Jan 30, 2010 2:05 AM

Sep 2009
Enjoyable. Looks like things might get more interesting later on.
Jan 30, 2010 2:31 AM
Nov 2009
Mostly manga material, which made it very enjoyable. I hope this keeps up.
Jan 30, 2010 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
That was a quite good episode, the plot is developing further more though i was just a little disappointed that they cut out some scenes from the original manga like Darklight0303 said. I didn't really see any censors too.
Correct me if i'm wrong but AT-X is actually airing this serie so this is the uncensored one, like in the episode 2, the gel scene wasn't censored at all.
I totally agree with you about censorship, i think it only ruins an anime like Seikon no qwaser which is totally a faill. Fortunately we will have the uncensored one later
Jan 30, 2010 5:26 AM
Dec 2008
I wish my father was voiced by Nakata Jouji too ;_;.

Hell yes, we're getting closer to the manga and we see that they introduced the fangless and the underground so maybe it means we'll get "that" arc animated, yay!
Jan 30, 2010 6:11 AM

Aug 2009
^^Yes, I'm very, very glad that they foreshadowed "that" area and during the credits we saw "you-know-who" so we're definitely getting "that other arc" as well.

(But I hope they don't forget about the BL novel. That was hilarious)
Jan 30, 2010 7:12 AM

Feb 2009
And the REAL story begins! I can't wait for the next episode!

Jan 30, 2010 7:16 AM

Jul 2009
Vera-dono :Q
Oho seems like someone will be disturbed about that bomb thrown into the basement XD

Now this is what i'm waiting for, but Akira didn't know Wolf is his daddy is a bit disappointing, does he remember his mom or the other?
Jan 30, 2010 8:18 AM

Jun 2009
Well, the best ep so far, also the closest to manga.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 30, 2010 8:27 AM

Sep 2009
garfield15 said:
^^Yes, I'm very, very glad that they foreshadowed "that" area and during the credits we saw "you-know-who" so we're definitely getting "that other arc" as well.
(But I hope they don't forget about the BL novel. That was hilarious)
This just made it totally irrestible.........*off to peek into the manga*

Loved the whole group of vampires who refrain from drinking human blood and apparently they puller out their fangs by themselves..O.O
Many viewers dislike the whole childish side of Mina..but I think it makes her more scarier that way." Once an evil alway an evil" = quiet boring to say---> making my own quotes XD.
Did they reveal anything about the promise made by Akira and Mina in the manga??
Jan 30, 2010 9:04 AM

Jan 2008
Ok, I liked it, but. The bomb was stolen.
Why have the bomb in the first place? Cheap plot ploy. If there no bomb, there's no bomb to get stolen.
Jan 30, 2010 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
datsunvic said:
Ok, I liked it, but. The bomb was stolen.
Why have the bomb in the first place? Cheap plot ploy. If there no bomb, there's no bomb to get stolen.
I thought that noble guy was trying to kill Mina and having it stolen wasn't part of the plan.
Jan 30, 2010 9:39 AM

Nov 2008
tasan said:
I may not care for the ecchi in the series but I am not happy to hear that episode 4 was apparently censored. The sub is out already but they randomly have decided to censor it starting with 4. I hate censorship. Anyone know if any of the stations )AT-X) actually aired the uncensored version or if they will? I will not watch this series with any form of censorship in it.

If you want the uncensored episodes, look for Yuurisans releases.
They cut the uncensored parts in the regular episodes and sub them.

Anyway, is Shaft trying to pull it off again? I spotted two sudden red screens. Perhaps they couldn't be bothered by animating those scenes, or thought they would get censored anyway. (Scene where Mina's servant stabs the journalist)

And I suppose I should add this, but whenever I'm watching this show, I don't feel anything. It doesn't move me at all. It doesn't make me anticipate the next episode at all; nothing, nada. So much for the 'expectations'. Seems to happen to a lot of shows this season.
desolatoJan 30, 2010 9:46 AM
Jan 30, 2010 10:13 AM

Jul 2009
Nice to see that they somewhat follow the manga story :)
But they aren't nearly as good at portrait the characters and their motives.

Though am I the only one who find the visuals to be quite annoying? Honest during the first 15min or so they didn't stay in one scene for more than ~10sec, they keep blinking between new frames.. talk about giving people epilepsy o.O
Jan 30, 2010 10:29 AM

Jun 2009
EternalDreamer said:
Though am I the only one who find the visuals to be quite annoying? Honest during the first 15min or so they didn't stay in one scene for more than ~10sec, they keep blinking between new frames.. talk about giving people epilepsy o.O

Yeah, it's annoying. I don't like art either.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 30, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2009
OrochiPL said:
EternalDreamer said:

Same here. I wrote about it in the last episode Discussion. I hate the style. I think it's just laziness. Notice how most of the visuals were still images? At times the only thing moving in a scene is a persons mouth. Also zoomed in parts of a character means there is less to animate. This is not really animation and more like a picture book.

At the moment it seems that the director has noticed that no one wants his version of the story and has decided to do what he should have been doing in the first place and that is follow the manga. Problem is that he has screwed the story up too much and left inconsistencies. Now everything is jumbled up. For example, why is it that Mina is having another press conference to explain what she already has said in the first episode? Does that not render the first episode pointless? Why is it that nobody gives a damn about the student president going missing? Why is Mina's personality so contradictory? Why did Akira and that woman stand on the roof so long that the sun was able to set and turn to night? Even if it was for the sake of atmosphere it was still downright stupid.

Anime makers, please drill this rule into your heads.
DO NOT F*CK WITH THE SOURCE MATERIAL!
If you want to make something original, then great. Build it from the ground up. But don't just rob a story and attempt to put your own spin on it. We don't want your story. We want the story. The one that captured our hearts. We want the original, not some cheap knockoff.

I would drop this show. But there is feck all else to watch this season so I might as well stick it out.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 30, 2010 11:35 AM

Jul 2008
This episode started off a bit slow, but I liked the interview with Mina at the end. I love how she can remain so calm even in front of a clueless paparazzi. Vera seems like an interesting character, and I hope she and Akira work together as a team in the future. :)
Jan 30, 2010 11:49 AM

Sep 2009
OrochiPL said:
EternalDreamer said:

Yeah, it's annoying.
Its just plain irritating..
Jan 30, 2010 12:20 PM

Sep 2007
AidanAK47 said:

If you want to make something original, then great. Build it from the ground up. But don't just rob a story and attempt to put your own spin on it. We don't want your story. We want the story. The one that captured our hearts. We want the original, not some cheap knockoff.

I would drop this show. But there is feck all else to watch this season so I might as well stick it out.

For one thing, Bund's mangaka told SHAFT to do their own story and not the manga's.
Jan 30, 2010 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
AidanAK47 said:

It wasn't SHAFT's idea to do their own story, it was the mangaka's. I posted the quote in the episode 2 discussion I think.
AidanAK47 said:

But...but what about Durarara and BakaTest?
Jan 30, 2010 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
So Mina is trying to be some capitalist dictatress who wants to create her own little independent state while having a noble goal? She sounds more human to me than vampire.

Also why the heck did those security guys bring a bomb in the first place? And if the reason was to use it against the princess, why didn't that old guy get arrested after revealing there was a bomb? Why would they kill their own princess - and die in the process - anyway? Why is everybody acting all happy-happy? Man, vampires seem to be pretty retarded even after living for that long. The world's probably doomed since they control it. Let's just say the guys at Shaft didn't have enough time to make everything plausible.
Jan 30, 2010 1:42 PM

Jul 2009
Well honestly, I find this show amazing. I love the animation. I think it's one of the reasons why I picked it up in the first place. I have only watched two Shaft productions, which are Ef and this. I was amazed at how artistically brilliant Ef was, so I don't expect much less from this anime. And so far, I am quite pleased with the animations.
Jan 30, 2010 1:53 PM

Jun 2009
Kurogashi said:
I was amazed at how artistically brilliant Ef was, so I don't expect much less from this anime. And so far, I am quite pleased with the animations.

I wouldn't even compare EF series to this. It's getting better now though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 30, 2010 2:11 PM

Jul 2009
Finally a DitVB that I really liked. Seriously, I was extremely disappointed with episodes 2 and 3, but now I see the real Mina Tepes and the real Akira emerging.
Jan 30, 2010 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
AidanAK47 said:
OrochiPL said:
EternalDreamer said:

Same here. I wrote about it in the last episode Discussion. I hate the style. I think it's just laziness. Notice how most of the visuals were still images? At times the only thing moving in a scene is a persons mouth. Also zoomed in parts of a character means there is less to animate. This is not really animation and more like a picture book.

Glad I'm not the only one who's really bugged by this =P

This is one of the reasons I think peoples need to get their heads out of their arses and realize just how overrated SHAFT actually is, honestly they're just toying with you and testing how low on quality they can go before people start to complain.
Jan 30, 2010 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
EternalDreamer said:
AidanAK47 said:
OrochiPL said:
EternalDreamer said:

This is one of the reasons I think peoples need to get their heads out of their arses and realize just how overrated SHAFT actually is, honestly they're just toying with you and testing how low on quality they can go before people start to complain.

Agreed, everyone think that Shaft is amazing and here we have a proof that they can make real shit.
EF was amazing though ;P
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 30, 2010 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
OrochiPL said:
EternalDreamer said:
AidanAK47 said:
OrochiPL said:
EternalDreamer said:

Agreed, everyone think that Shaft is amazing and here we have a proof that they can make real shit.
EF was amazing though ;P
Aw, SHAFT ain't that bad.

They've got a good track record and reputation. It's like BONES except without the competence
Jan 30, 2010 2:51 PM

Nov 2007
I like that hint of romance in here.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 30, 2010 3:12 PM

Jul 2009
For some reason, I feel so happy watching this shit today....Since I'm in such a happy mood, might as well grade it 1/5 this time around.... So happy to see that moving mouth....Even more happy to see the still images....That winged pig is pure happiness too... A happy shit shall I call it....<333

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 30, 2010 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
EternalDreamer said:

Lol calling one overrated just for the one failed one?

> Majority of SHAFT works are good
> Overrated because Vampire Bund is shit.
> Cooking logics

I really hate when people use the word 'overrated' on anime studios. They make good works, but also bad works. Hurr durr. Extreme-Anti-fanboism is as bad as extreme-fanboism.

anyways, this episode was still let down. Character design is shitty, but background art is decent. I'm still waiting for the proper ending animation... >_>
Jan 30, 2010 3:33 PM

Jul 2009
Goo4 said:
EternalDreamer said:

> Cooking logics

I really hate when people use the word 'overrated' on anime studios. They make good works, but also bad works. Hurr durr. Extreme-Anti-fanboism is as bad as extreme-fanboism.

anyways, this episode was still let down. Character design is shitty, but background art is decent. I'm still waiting for the proper ending animation... >_>

One failed?

Dude SHAFT have done one (well two) really good anime series and that is Ef, the rest is either average or not worth watching imho. Hardly what I call an outstanding track record^^
And with all deluded fans they seems to have I'd say SHAFT definitely qualify for the category of totally overrated ;)
Jan 30, 2010 3:35 PM

Aug 2009
What about Zetsubou Sensei and Natsu no Arashi?
Jan 30, 2010 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
garfield15 said:
[
AidanAK47 said:

But...but what about Durarara and BakaTest?

Who said I wasn't watching them? There are only three good shows this season. Hidden god, Durarara and BakaTest. (I didn't really get into Sora no woto)

Goo4 said:
EternalDreamer said:

> Cooking logics

Majority?! (Looks at a list of shaft work)
Lets see....Mahoromatic and Rec were good....and Bakemonogatari was alright. That's three. Three animes that I notice as good. Three out of Nineteen animes. Not excellent. But good.(I will be checking out EF later seeing how everyone's mentioning it)

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 30, 2010 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
AidanAK47 said:

For one thing, Bund's mangaka told SHAFT to do their own story and not the manga's.
Does not = to SHAFT having to accept that at all....we all have choices in the end.
Alexstratz said:
Man, vampires seem to be pretty retarded even after living for that long. The world's probably doomed since they control it. Let's just say the guys at Shaft didn't have enough time to make everything plausible.
Looks like to me it's insulting a lot the vampires in Vampire Knight I feel bad for them in regard to this serie.

Jan 30, 2010 4:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
EternalDreamer said:
Goo4 said:
EternalDreamer said:

> Cooking logics

One failed?

Dude SHAFT have done one (well two) really good anime series and that is Ef, the rest is either average or not worth watching imho. Hardly what I call an outstanding track record^^
And with all deluded fans they seems to have I'd say SHAFT definitely qualify for the category of totally overrated ;)

Just because you don't like their series doesn't mean it's overrated. Sure, it's overrated for YOU. But overall, it's not that overrated. And I agree that "overrated" cannot really apply to an entire studio.

Episode is picking up. Not really a fan of the artwork, but oh well...

And SHAFT are regular trolls. Although I prefer their trolling compared to KyoAni's trolling.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 30, 2010 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
I'll try not to sound too much as the Shaft-fangirl I am.

Personally, I love the way they play with the camera angles and static images. As animation per say it may not be great, but I think it matches the kind of anime they produce.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Bakemonogatari, Natsu no Arashi and Dance in the Vampire Bund are series highly focused on the dialogues. If they were action series, Shaft's way of animating would suck. But they are not.

But even as a Shaft-fangirl I gotta say they really *ucked up in Dance in the Vampire Bund's 2nd and 3rd episodes (1 was just for the lulz), but I think (and hope) that now we'll get somewhere.

Edit: also, they could just make Akira remember everything. This "demi-amnesia" is really annoying x.x
Jan 30, 2010 4:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
yeah, they should DEFINITELY make this amnesia go away. He now acts like a dumb boy, which he isn't :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.