Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2010 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
I see that I am not the only one that noticed the unusual amount of scythes this year. I wonder if I should be worried?

On the subject of this series it seems it will be a fun watch but I will hold my opinion till the uncensored version. Its censoring was unusual selective and times i mean either do it or not this half and half stuff was pain to watch.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jan 11, 2010 2:03 AM

Mar 2008
Not sure what to say.

I'm not really into those D.Gray-Man style action shows and the addition of ecchi doesn't make it better. The art style sometimes reminds me of K-On again (like Sora no Woto) und hearing Yui's CV doesn't help. It's annoying a little bit.

The quality drop during the cencored scenes is a horrible disturbance. I don't mind censorship since I don't really care about the ecchi stuff (well Teresa is nice from an ecchi point of view), but the way it's done here is really ridiculous. Where is my fog?

The OP is not bad and the ED would be good if there weren't too many fanservice shots in it. They are kind of disturbing the artistic value by embarrassing themselves with forced fanservice.

Well, might give it some more episodes before deciding the drop.
Jan 11, 2010 2:58 AM

Jul 2007
Forever said:

I'm not really into those D.Gray-Man style action shows and the addition of ecchi doesn't make it better. The art style sometimes reminds me of K-On again (like Sora no Woto) und hearing Yui's CV doesn't help. It's annoying a little bit.

Hai thar, MaiHime tv show called, it wants you to stop calling its art style K-On-ish.

Allen Walker from DGM also called, he wants you to stop calling every show with white-haired boys as "d-grayman style action"
AhenshihaelJan 11, 2010 3:01 AM
Jan 11, 2010 3:30 AM

Jun 2009
I'm completely lost of words to say how disappointed I am with the outcome of the first episode.

Main Reason: Censor!!

It totally destroyed the whole concept and plot of the show. It's a good thing the opening song is awesomeness.

Jan 26 is my only chance to see any hope on this, when At-X release the uncensored version. Till then I'll give this a 3/5.
Jan 11, 2010 4:03 AM

Mar 2008
Fai said:
Hai thar, MaiHime tv show called, it wants you to stop calling its art style K-On-ish.

Allen Walker from DGM also called, he wants you to stop calling every show with white-haired boys as "d-grayman style action"

It reminded me more of K-On, sorry. Since this was my personal impression, even when Mai complains about that, I can't do anything about it.

Well, actually the similarities go further than that. I mean it's a similar dark setting with your typical fantasy enemies and some hidden mystery plot. Again it's the first thing that came to my mind. I also don't know many white haired boys with red scars on their face other than that. The word "action" comes from it being a show with battle scenes.

But I am really sorry if I hurt your fan-feelings. I was just stating my impression. Please rest assured that it was never my intention to step onto some toes.
Jan 11, 2010 4:23 AM

Aug 2008
I thought maybe this show was going to be uncensored like Queens of Blades was. Was a little disappointed while watching because when the ecchi parts weren't shown it felt like something was missing from each scene. Because the plot itself is asking for the ecchiness in this case.
Jan 11, 2010 4:29 AM
Jun 2009
better than i had thought it would be...
nice character designs.. loved the op and ed
lvlachineJan 11, 2010 4:33 AM
Jan 11, 2010 5:20 AM

Jun 2009
Any informations about uncesored version before DVD relase?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 11, 2010 8:13 AM

Oct 2008
Hum, I read the manga and I didn't remember that the main character was so small. Well it was not a bad episode.
Jan 11, 2010 8:15 AM

Feb 2009
Chemistry class x.x
Jan 11, 2010 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
Hope they don't screw this one up too much, since the manga's extraordinarily good despite the story ( ´∀`)
Oh starting good anyway, faylan doing the OP ツ
Strange set of seiyuu's as well ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I can't help but hear Ayano (Kaze no Stigma) when hearing Mafuyu, which isn't a bad thing. That can't be said though for hearing Yui/Lisa (K-ON!/Seiken no Blacksmith) when Tomo says something. I do not approve, too much Toyosaki Aki all the time, everywhere ಠ_ಠ (And fyi, Tomo is a natural airhead and a klutz, though I doubt anyone would've missed that.) ┐('~`;)┌
Oh, though this was a pleasant surprise, Nagato Yuki ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ (Yeah you should know who that is!)
Pocky!
...WAI- Wat? She's pink haired? I would never have guessed ¯(°_o)/¯ She seemed like a blond ┐(-。ー')┌
Woah, that must've been a hard hit, since the wooden sword broke ┐('~`;)┌
Also, something I don't really get (And no, it's not because I'm bad at chemistry), but magnesium flames aren't blue, right? So why were the flames in the church blue? (¬_¬) So, if I'm not mistaken, they've either made a slight (though not very important) mistake, or they simply though "Oh blue is cool, let's use blue flames ololololol" or something the like of that (・3・ア
Nagato Teresa is pretty cool too btw ( ̄ー ̄)
And lol at the slightly deeper voice of Yasaka Hajime (Natsu no Arashi) for Sasha ʘ‿ʘ Though it will be hard getting used to ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
And I find it annoying that he's so small ( ̄Д ̄) And he's being shown as more of a pervert in the anime as well ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Oh the ED's pretty good, I didn't expect it to be ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Fai said:
I despise people who plan to watch this for pure reason of fanservice. Seriously, the manga storyline is awesome :3
^This. This is an anime that should be watched for the story, since it's awesome. (Oh right, as long as they manage to get that awesome-part from the manga, that is)

Silverheim said:
Chemistry class x.x
I just came to think about something.. This is like Element Hunters, but with more epic in it : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 11, 2010 8:55 AM

Sep 2009
Well i have high hopes from this show hence it just has to get better...with "point to death" fights..

Sasha..is just awesome. Love him already.
Jan 11, 2010 9:30 AM

Oct 2009
OK, what can I say....the censors made the whole thing look like a broken puzzle not written properly. I do like the action, appearance and possible brutal future slaughters of Sasha himself in most best part=>

The Qwaser should die in hole all alone for his brutality....here is hoping to Sasha getting him in the end. Mafuyu looks to be my favorite as a female=>
so far with a decent breast size and not ridiculous like Miori=>
(pink haired girl) or Tomo=>
and Mafuyu also carries a wooden sword so that's a plus to me.....kendo you know. Interesting enough the enemy has some kind of cross with a red gem in it as a symbol......does it have some power? Sasha might be a favorite for me in action entrance, weapon wielding and eye color. The whole idea of milk sucking tp get power is just a big laugh! Ridiculous and highly disturbing it does not affect me but I will be laughing if anyone in the news puts this anime as an excuse to get powers by doing sucking breasts for real. XD BTW what in the world is the whole Virgin Mary Christian stuff have anything to do with virginity and breast sucking to get powers in this serie? O_o Tomo should get a job as a character in hentai....looks to suit her more (just a joke thing). Teresa looks ok but the nun outfit looks more interesting. Now Sasha must be bold to do something like that to Tomo=>
BTW who is that?=>
Other gifs as part of training from Chibuki's tutorial on Gifs=>
Overall a funny concept to look at and see what happens in it.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 11, 2010 9:35 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
BTW who is that?=>

Jan 11, 2010 9:38 AM

Sep 2007
Quasar_Aaron said:
francismeunier said:
BTW who is that?=>

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff WWHHYYYYY!!! NOT AYA HIRRAANOOOO

I can't even picture her voicing Katja. Katja is way too badass for Aya Hirano.
WasabiJan 11, 2010 9:46 AM
Jan 11, 2010 9:46 AM

Jan 2009
Quasar_Aaron said:
francismeunier said:
BTW who is that?=>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 11, 2010 9:55 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:

Err okay, since MAL doesn't give the whole VA in the list here is a the link for the seiyuu in the anime

Wasabi said:

Yeah, me too. She needs a better Seiyuu.
Jan 11, 2010 10:25 AM
Aug 2009
I couldn't finish this episode... Rather I got to when they find Sasha, some awkward rustling sounds and a picture of the sky then suddenly he is in bed. Good thing I read the manga and know what happened or I would have no clue based on the anime. I guess I will have to wait for an uncensored because this is unwatchable. This comming from a fan of the manga.

Jan 11, 2010 10:27 AM
Jun 2009
Urgh, censored version was unbearable to watch. I haven't read the manga so I wasn't sure what was going on during the scenes that were skipped.
Jan 11, 2010 10:30 AM
Jun 2008
Censor failure.
Jan 11, 2010 11:04 AM

Dec 2008
Glad I waited to download until I read that the whole thing is crap. [Doki] has said that they're doing a joint and are going to wait until AT-X airs it on 1/26/10. Hopefully it'll be what we all expected.

Jan 11, 2010 11:13 AM

Jan 2009
ahuman said:
I couldn't finish this episode... Rather I got to when they find Sasha, some awkward rustling sounds and a picture of the sky then suddenly he is in bed. Good thing I read the manga and know what happened or I would have no clue based on the anime. I guess I will have to wait for an uncensored because this is unwatchable. This comming from a fan of the manga.
This comming from a fan of the manga.
of the manga.

Note: Just being a fan of the manga, doesn't make the anime adaption acceptable. Sure hope the uncencored version coming out later will be better >.> Spoiling the series reputation : < ...Wait, it's got a reputation?
Jan 11, 2010 11:26 AM

May 2009
I honestly don't know what to think O_e I'm SO glad it's censored, though!

I hope they don't focus too much on the fanservice, and that Alexander stays cute.
Jan 11, 2010 11:58 AM

May 2008
Well, I was satisfied with the episode and I'll also stay with the censored versions, cuz not the fanservice the reason why I want to watch this... But the only thing was really irritating that Tomo's breasts are far too big, that's really abnormal.
I'll stay with this...
Jan 11, 2010 12:27 PM

Oct 2009
Quasar_Aaron said:
francismeunier said:
BTW who is that?=>

I see that a nice name is her Soma feeding friend going to be Mafuyu or that other girl who looks like Hana? (girl who is with pink haired girl that has brown hair).
Wasabi said:
Quasar_Aaron said:
francismeunier said:
BTW who is that?=>

Ok so can you tell me in some other anime characters voices who would be so good to voice her and please do tell me in spoiler since it looks like you read the manga why is she so badass as you say....enlighten me with some part that would prove that.
tehnominator said:
Censor failure.
Censors make my mind go *_*
Oosran said:
ahuman said:
This comming from a fan of the manga.
of the manga.

Note: Just being a fan of the manga, doesn't make the anime adaption acceptable. Sure hope the uncencored version coming out later will be better >.> Spoiling the series reputation : < ...Wait, it's got a reputation?

Don't worry uncensors will come here as NSFW direct links for all that lost glory.......someone has to do it for that exoticness.
sayami said:
the only thing was really irritating that Tomo's breasts are far too big, that's really abnormal.
I'll stay with this...
More like G size with over bouncy parts which reminds me of doing a GIF of that one.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 11, 2010 1:18 PM
Dec 2007
Kiddy Girl And with less script and more boobs bouncing. Not really my cup of Ceylan tea.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 11, 2010 1:28 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm... seriously what did I just watch? :D
Jan 11, 2010 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Quasar_Aaron said:
francismeunier said:
BTW who is that?=>
I see that a nice name is her Soma feeding friend going to be Mafuyu or that other girl who looks like Hana? (girl who is with pink haired girl that has brown hair).

francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
Quasar_Aaron said:
francismeunier said:
BTW who is that?=>

Ok so can you tell me in some other anime characters voices who would be so good to voice her and please do tell me in spoiler since it looks like you read the manga why is she so badass as you say....enlighten me with some part that would prove that.
Note: This is might be considered a spoiler.

Silaqui said:
Hmm... seriously what did I just watch? :D
An awesome show. Hopefully.
Jan 11, 2010 2:21 PM

Apr 2008
Oosran said:

Hehe... yeah, hopefully. The first impression I got from Aleksander was, that he's a tiny Allen Walker, who sucks on women's breasts to gain power-ups. :)
Jan 11, 2010 2:22 PM

Jan 2009
Silaqui said:
Oosran said:
Hehe... yeah, hopefully. The first impression I got from Aleksander was, that he's a tiny Allen Walker, who sucks on women's breasts to gain power-ups. :)
And that's pretty much what it is ; D Though it ought to get awesome later on, not the best first episode ever ^^;
Jan 11, 2010 4:03 PM

Feb 2009
I liked this a lot, except for the fact that Tomo looks like a friggin' milk cow with those extremely large tits. Character design is really nice though, and the action wasn't that bad either. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 11, 2010 5:16 PM
Nov 2009
the more i look at sasha the more he reminds me of Near, which is awesome, i love Near <3 =P
Jan 11, 2010 5:28 PM

Jun 2009
Also one of the disappointing part of the adaptation is Aleksander being too small. Seriously he wasn't that small. It looks like he's a 7 year old kid rather than a 13 year old boy. >_<
Jan 11, 2010 5:47 PM

Feb 2009
Boring first episode with only decent animation and horrible censorship.
Jan 11, 2010 6:40 PM

Jul 2009
Ahh, the censor is bothering me, it's better to just block it instead of divert it, other than that good story, yeah need to read the chemistry book again..XD
Jan 11, 2010 6:52 PM

Dec 2008
wow. her breasts are annoyingly large, i just looked at the manga and they are def. not that huge.
meh. the censoring was ok but annoying...

Jan 11, 2010 7:10 PM
Aug 2008
censor suck very deep
what the point to make a manga Adaptation
they cut half the anime
Jan 11, 2010 7:15 PM

May 2008
....wow. If the intro to this anime didn't sound enough like Ga Rei Zero's..holy crap. The beat's even go together nicely <_< What the crap. Seriously, go watch and compare them.

Also, Tomo seems to have many of Yui's expressions from K-On..making it ironic since they have the same seiyuu.

But man...lmfao @ Her. 'Boobs..I want to touch them. *YOINK*' Awesome.

Interesting first episode.

Jan 11, 2010 7:52 PM

Jun 2008
As soon as i saw the side kick with the massive breasts i decided to drop this, this is just pure crap.
Jan 11, 2010 7:53 PM
Dec 2008
lol..looks ok..

Hmm....

Jan 11, 2010 7:55 PM

Dec 2007
I knew that broadcasters has to cut these scenes, and it was annoying to see censors in this episode. Compared to manga, Tomo's oppai in anime is bigger as I thought so much. It was enjoyable episode, and I think the story will be interesting. I can't wait for uncensored version.
gameoffreak8Jan 11, 2010 8:01 PM
Jan 11, 2010 8:42 PM

Aug 2009
Normally, I wouldn't mind watching any version but the censors are just killing the viewing experience for me. Is any group subbing the uncensored version?
Jan 11, 2010 9:10 PM

Apr 2008
Is there any special reason to the "breast milk" power up stiff? Just for ecchi-ness?

I've never read the manga so i'm kinda curious.
Jan 11, 2010 9:32 PM

Jan 2008
So... besides the terrible censorship, and the jugs that threaten to knock someone out (imagine the back pains?), it was an always first episode. Im not watching this for fanservice, but i do appreciate it in this show. Just.. the breats size... its' killing me... ANYWAYS, im not fully convinced that this show will be the ish, 1st ep of 24 episodoes is practically nothing so i shall wait and see. If anything though, Sasha is a sinfully pleasant character to watch. i want to saw hawt and sexy, but he's like.. 12? so thats pedo-esque of me. but i DO thoroughly enjoy, watching him :)
Jan 11, 2010 9:33 PM

Jul 2009
99% Meh
1% Interested in Mafuyu
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 11, 2010 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
Decent op, good ed.

The show in itself is average tough I think it'll get better latter.
Jan 11, 2010 11:30 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
complete shit imo. dropped.

2/10
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 12, 2010 2:31 AM
Dec 2008
I never though I would call a seiyuu's voice annoying, but woah, Toyosaki's acting was just horrible and made me want to mute the whole thing. Not that she's a bad seiyuu, I like her a lot on Railgun, but here she's just awful, I guess they wanted her to act like that though.

Music was cool, episode was cool, but so is the manga so that's nothing new.
Jan 12, 2010 5:10 AM

May 2008
Seriously , i didnt really like it, everything seems to be going too fast, and the only guy in the show is really irritating, kinda new? and i wont say i like it, still it has an interesting story so i think i might continue

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 12, 2010 5:27 AM

Nov 2008
All Russians watching (probably, there isn't many of us anyway lol) will say that Alexander's surname is AWFUL. It's a very, very rude word in Russian. (For those who didn't get it - there are lots of associations with Russian-Orthodox culture, that's why I mentioned it). So the author should have studied this culture more not to do such mistakes :P

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Seikon no Qwaser episode 1 Discussion (uncensored version)

CCs_No1_Fanboy - Jan 15, 2010

11 by Allen2020 »»
Dec 5, 2023 6:14 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Jun 19, 2010

94 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 5, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 23 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jun 12, 2010

42 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 22 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jun 5, 2010

32 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 21 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - May 29, 2010

34 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 2, 2023 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.