Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2016 4:03 PM
Mar 2013
Enjoyed the first episode, art is decent could be a bit better, voice acting is pretty good.
Jan 17, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2012
It was hilarious :D Aqua and the MC are a good duo.
Jan 18, 2016 1:54 AM

Jan 2015
Not a bad episode 3/5
This is gonna be a fun anime! but animation not good DEEN needs to get their hands out of their arses
It's very DanMachi like which is not a bad thing
Aqua-chan is nice, I liked her plus was she wearing any pantsu? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AhoNoGinJan 18, 2016 1:58 AM
Jan 18, 2016 3:51 AM

Sep 2011
Ginkaize said:
but animation not good DEEN needs to get their hands out of their arses

I read this a lot in this thread and I don't get why. What's wrong with the art and animation? It seemed to be pretty good, in my opinion, it even hadded to the comedy
Jan 18, 2016 3:38 PM

Sep 2013
Veldin461 said:
Ginkaize said:

I read this a lot in this thread and I don't get why. What's wrong with the art and animation? It seemed to be pretty good, in my opinion, it even hadded to the comedy

Well, there was lots of stuff that just looked really weird animation-wise. Add to that that people are used to Kurone's illustrations and it makes the shock for people only bigger

As a comparison:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=52305732
And yes, illustration work obviously gets butchered a lot in all kinds of animes since you can't spend hours and hours on one picture but Deen being on the lower end of things and Kurone on the higher end of the spectrum doesn't really help.
Jan 18, 2016 5:16 PM

Dec 2009
So Aqua is going commando the whole time?

Okay, I can accept that
Jan 18, 2016 9:06 PM

Aug 2015
This was actually pretty enjoyable. Although this being produced by Deen the art and animation is quite bad. I also don't like the MC's voice.
Jan 18, 2016 9:09 PM

Sep 2014
Surprisingly enjoyable for a show I didn't even know was out this season, definitely looking forward to this weekly.
Jan 19, 2016 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
Surprising. I didn't thought I would actually enjoy this much. I didn't expect they would go on unexpected thing like making the MC died of funny death instead of heroic one. Also LOL! HE TOOK THE GODDESS! Oh God. That part made me laugh the most.

This could be better than half of harem anime out there. Especially Bahamut, Rakudai, and Gakusen related anime.

Though you can see the DEEN animation quality, I don't bother much with it, and I'd take it as an addition to the comedy jokes in this anime.

Jan 19, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
well... interesting. kinda _(:3
Jan 19, 2016 3:42 PM
Oct 2009
I definitely love this episode. x3
Want to see also the other charackters in next episode. :3
5/5
I hope its not an 12 epside anime...
Jan 19, 2016 4:17 PM
Mar 2014
It might be 11 episodes...
Missed a few things from LN but still a good adaptation. Looking forward to more.
Jan 19, 2016 4:25 PM
Oct 2009
citizen169 said:
It might be 11 episodes...
Missed a few things from LN but still a good adaptation. Looking forward to more.

I have high hope in this anime, 11 episodes would too shrot for me. :(
Jan 19, 2016 6:30 PM

Jan 2016
hope season 2 will come fast like log horizon
Jan 19, 2016 7:11 PM

Sep 2014
This was a very good/funny episode. I didn't mind the animation at all. I never expect every anime to be drawn to perfection. This looks very promising.

Don't forget the classic harem cliche that he's going to have based on the ED.

Also, RAINBOW PUKE FTW!!!
Jan 20, 2016 8:59 AM

Jul 2013
This one has a decent start, the MC's death was funny, enjoyable enough. 5.5/10 for me
Jan 20, 2016 5:11 PM

Mar 2014
I guess they thought they could use the same beginning as Yu Yu Hakusho and no one would notice: Teenager that is looked down upon unexpectedly saves someone from being run over and dies in the process. He wakes up dead and finds out that the person he saved would have been fine either way and is then given a second chance at life.
But that's just one opinion.
Jan 21, 2016 7:47 AM

Sep 2013
Okay start.
Hope it stays a comedy and not go drama mode.
7/10
Jan 21, 2016 4:36 PM

May 2012
Very enjoyable show

People hated this before it aired just because it is from studio deen but it turned out to be one of the most entertaining show in this season.

Veldin461 said:
Ginkaize said:

I do agree, the art and animation did look fine for me.

Also, not sure why many people here in MAL spend their time analyzing how the animation look, instead of just enjoying the anime. It is like a gamer who only cares about graphics when playing a video game.
Jan 21, 2016 5:58 PM

Mar 2014
I liked it :3 hated or was neutral to most anime this season but this one seems nice.
Eat Me
Jan 22, 2016 1:21 AM
Mar 2012
Actually wasn't on my ptw since haremish generic rpg + deen didn't appeal. But 7.77 score is earth shattering for deen.
So VA's were good. Both Kazuma & Aqua were quite funny. Good writing/lines (thx LN probably). The afterlife part developed totally unexpected & some random angel displaced her job lol.
Bg art looks fine. Shimmer from that puddle of pee was... beautiful? Deen derp faces & wild animation actually fit the game parody feel. Good character designs, sometimes drawn weirdly. Montage was great, like completely sidetracked.
Jan 23, 2016 2:40 AM

Nov 2013
Well, Fuck you anime.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 23, 2016 6:19 AM
Nov 2015
TheBigGuy said:
Sokah said:
I LOLed. Backgrounds are fine, characters are inconsistent and not terribly good, but it's still two steps above Log Horizon.

Noob adventurer with no skills and his Goddess... where have I seen that before? But rather than a boob ribbon she has upskirt shots. Good start, lets hope it doesn't go tragically bad like Pick Up Chicks In A Dungeon.

This can only hope to be half as good as Danmachi. And Bell can hardly be compared to this dork, since he has skills and combat experience, even if little. And Bell is not as stupid as him.

Bell is probably one of the worst MC's, surpassing Kirito in that aspect as he is about as bland as one can be. At least the MC in this show is actually interesting and isn't handed OP power for free from the get go.

Judging from both this and manga, Kazuma > Bell by a mile and this is coming from someone that doesn't like all these generic looking MCs so no bias here on my part.
StupidityKillerJan 23, 2016 6:24 AM
Jan 23, 2016 6:58 AM

Jul 2009
A_Little_Birdy said:
TheBigGuy said:

This can only hope to be half as good as Danmachi. And Bell can hardly be compared to this dork, since he has skills and combat experience, even if little. And Bell is not as stupid as him.

Bell is probably one of the worst MC's, surpassing Kirito in that aspect as he is about as bland as one can be. At least the MC in this show is actually interesting and isn't handed OP power for free from the get go.

Judging from both this and manga, Kazuma > Bell by a mile and this is coming from someone that doesn't like all these generic looking MCs so no bias here on my part.
From someone who's read up to volume 3 of the light novel, I can honestly say it's not a pick-up women series.

His group is misfits, and so is the goddess he has to put up with. He does meet the Goddess Eris sometime in the future. He believes she acts like gods should. So you see; MISFITS, every last one of them!

I can't wait for him to meet Eris! I hope they pull her off well because she's my favorite character so far; though she doesn't join his party...
Jan 23, 2016 8:40 AM

Nov 2013
A_Little_Birdy said:
TheBigGuy said:

Bell isn't either. He has this skill, that accelerates his growth, but he still has to fight to get stronger. Plus, Kazuma could have got a ( op ) power for free, but he was to stupid to choose it, instead he chose the more or less useless goddess. Yeah, I get the getting back at that bitch thing, but he is nevertheless a stupid asshole imo. Long story short: Bell > Kazuma by a light-year.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 23, 2016 10:32 AM
Nov 2015
TheBigGuy said:
A_Little_Birdy said:

Bell isn't either. He has this skill, that accelerates his growth, but he still has to fight to get stronger. Plus, Kazuma could have got a ( op ) power for free, but he was to stupid to choose it, instead he chose the more or less useless goddess. Yeah, I get the getting back at that bitch thing, but he is nevertheless a stupid asshole imo. Long story short: Bell > Kazuma by a light-year.
TheBigGuy said:
A_Little_Birdy said:

Choosing a goddess is actually a very appealing choice, given that Kazuma doesn't know that she is a useless bitch. It doesn't matter though because if he was handed OP skills the show wouldn't be what it is.

Bell's skill to accelerate IS the OP skill, its blatently unfair and undermines the crap that the other characters had to go through to get where they are, he didn't deserve such power. He didn't do anything that warrants such a thing, he is basically your basic harem self insert archetype, some dude who gets special power because REASONS. Also he almost a blank state character, you could replace him with anything and the show be the same (main reason he is worst MC).

I also don't know how someone can find an MC appealing just because ZOMGHAXORPOWERS especially when everything else about them is trash.
StupidityKillerJan 23, 2016 10:36 AM
Jan 23, 2016 5:42 PM

Nov 2013
@ A_Little_Birdy
I suggest you take a look at the genres of Danmachi at its page.
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 23, 2016 7:30 PM

Jul 2009
The anime failed to illustrate the events that occurred at the beginning of the series. She laughed at him, humiliated him, and then tried to rush him out of her office repeatedly, failing to act and/or appear as a Goddess should. In a fit of irritation, while believing; she's a goddess, so she should at least be useful somehow, he chose a GOD who can GIVE HEROES GODLY WEAPONS/ABILITIES over a single bonus. Clearly, he didn't read the disclaimer in universally-fine print: Aqua is useless.

If you're wondering what he was thinking of when he was imagining a goddess, go look at the gods from Campione. I'm guessing he imagined gods to be like ones from there. At worst, he might think of gods like ones from Noragami, Kamisama Hajimemashita, or Kamichu.

At WORST, he was expecting her not to be able to help him physically, with power, or giving him benefits, but thought she'd at least give him beginner gear on transport or even have knowledge of where things are in the world, like a map. Of course she didn't even know or care about that stuff.

Pick-up dungeon Bell's skill to accelerate growth is a generic Hero Character ability. This means it allows him to ignore the system around him and do whatever the hell he pleases. I picture the mid-boss fight of danmachi with Bell putting on sunglasses, saying who the hell do you think I am and summoning a robot the size of multiple universes with spiral power... (not really but you get the picture?)
kyled00mJan 23, 2016 7:33 PM
Jan 23, 2016 8:53 PM

Jan 2016
TheBigGuy said:
Sokah said:
I LOLed. Backgrounds are fine, characters are inconsistent and not terribly good, but it's still two steps above Log Horizon.

Noob adventurer with no skills and his Goddess... where have I seen that before? But rather than a boob ribbon she has upskirt shots. Good start, lets hope it doesn't go tragically bad like Pick Up Chicks In A Dungeon.

I have already read 8 light novel volume so I can say that kazuma is not stupid as you thought.Not only that you can say he is a brilliant strategist if you read the manga or light novel.
Jan 23, 2016 9:55 PM

Nov 2013
RaiZero said:
TheBigGuy said:

I have already read 8 light novel volume so I can say that kazuma is not stupid as you thought.Not only that you can say he is a brilliant strategist if you read the manga or light novel.

Sounds interesting. Okay, I'll admit that I was wrong about him.
Jan 23, 2016 10:34 PM
Nov 2015
TheBigGuy said:
@ A_Little_Birdy
I suggest you take a look at the genres of Danmachi at its page.

and what of it?.. I don't see how the "genres" labelled by MAL matters at all to I am saying.
Jan 24, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2013
How can Bell be a harem self insert archetype, if it isn't even a harem?
Jan 24, 2016 9:32 AM
Nov 2015
TheBigGuy said:

I lol'd

it clearly is a harem, did you actually watch the show?... dude is pretty much surrounded by chicks and if I remember correctly 4 (and maybe 5) of them wants his D so badly (the big boob loli, the small loli, the dumb blonde and even the antoganist chick and possibly the elf chick too). Read up the definition of a harem show and you know Danmachi fits it PERFECTLY.

Bell literally fits the category of a self insert MC, he is devoid of all personalities and even development as a character (and no getting insane levels due to OP ability does not count as character development).
Jan 24, 2016 2:05 PM

Nov 2013
A_Little_Birdy said:
TheBigGuy said:

I lol'd

it clearly is a harem, did you actually watch the show?... dude is pretty much surrounded by chicks and if I remember correctly 4 (and maybe 5) of them wants his D so badly (the big boob loli, the small loli, the dumb blonde and even the antoganist chick and possibly the elf chick too). Read up the definition of a harem show and you know Danmachi fits it PERFECTLY.

Bell literally fits the category of a self insert MC, he is devoid of all personalities and even development as a character (and no getting insane levels due to OP ability does not count as character development).

Yes, I did watch it. And I disagree with it being a harem show and the relationships are not as simple as you make them out to be. But let's stop that here, since this is going nowhere.
Jan 24, 2016 2:29 PM

Dec 2015
Didn't really expect much going into it, but i found it quite enjoyable. Hilarious at moments, especially when Aqua was asking for money from the priest and her depressed state afterwards xD

Jan 24, 2016 9:58 PM

Jan 2014
That was fun, but to me, the manga version was much better
Jan 25, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2014
Definitely did not expect this to keep me entertained. The MC and Aqua aren't annoying, how surprising.
Though the animation is what you'd expect from a studio like DEEN.
Jan 25, 2016 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Like so many others have pointed out, the art is kind of choppy and distracting. But the comedy makes up for some things. Overall, the show is probably way too light-hearted, but I didn't expect much after picking this one up either.

Alright show, will continue to follow, 4/5
Jan 25, 2016 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
Wasn't expecting this to be funny, not bad.
Jan 25, 2016 3:32 PM

Jul 2009
LOVE the comedy in this and I quite like both the MCs so far too :D Animation drops in quality sometimes but it was super fun to watch and I liked the music too. ED was very energetic :3 Judging by the animation there are 2 more who are going to join their party then they go off into a RPG world! I haven't actually watched a lot of those animes (yet ... my PTW list please). Plus the little gaming touches - the place names popping up, the "pause" screen ... yep, I have a feeling this is gonna be a fun one :D
Jan 26, 2016 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
this ep

done well btw :L

I'm liking it
Jan 27, 2016 7:45 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, that was actually a really good episode !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 30, 2016 12:32 AM

Nov 2015
Why the hell are people calling Kazuma an idiot and asshole?
Because he decided to get back at the bitch goddess that mocked the shit out of him?
Because he decided to take her with him as revenge as well as because she's A GODDESS WHO CAN GRANT ANYTHING THAT YOU WISH FOR (but didn't expect her to actually be useless when she loses her position).
Because he actually takes lead, instead of acting like your typical whipped MC?

If you are looking for a whipped MC go look somewhere else, because your typical bland harem MC isn't here.
Feb 1, 2016 9:05 PM

Nov 2015
I wont be able to take this anime seriously XD

The MC characters death was really hilarious.
A goddess gets drag into an RPG game who is now completely useless...haha

What was also funny was by the end of the ep they had forgotten their purpose for being there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2016 9:53 PM

Nov 2015
By the way, whats with the rainbow colored puke. XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2008
OneOpinion said:
I guess they thought they could use the same beginning as Yu Yu Hakusho and no one would notice: Teenager that is looked down upon unexpectedly saves someone from being run over and dies in the process. He wakes up dead and finds out that the person he saved would have been fine either way and is then given a second chance at life.

not just yu yu hakusho uses that formula though, the idea itself is also nothing spectacular imo

despite it being somewhat generic I thought it was enjoyable. I like how lively and quirky the characters are... but the animation/drawings are super sloppy at times and the fanservice is a bit too obvious
Feb 4, 2016 8:21 AM

Jul 2009
It was better than I was expecting!
Feb 7, 2016 6:43 PM

Oct 2014
Why the fuck Aqua is not wearing pantsu? And the MC doesnt even notice it or the people around? I mean wtf. Pantsu shot is more sexy than naked ass shot. Horrible (눈_눈)
Feb 7, 2016 11:43 PM

Jun 2014
I thought it was quite funny. Bu tif the LN was THAT MUCH BETTER, I guess I'd Consider buying that after the anime ends like I did with Danmachi. I hope this show doesn't disapoint me like Comet Lucifer did... =\
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 8, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
I wasn't sure if I wanted/could fit this in with the rest of my season lineup, but the first 10 minutes won me over completely. This turned out to be a complete riot. I was sitting here thinking "Oh, he sacrificed himself, what a good guy. Now he'll be given a second chance and...HAHA WOW HOW DOES ANYONE DIE LIKE THAT? A TRACTOR?" Not to mention he totally owned Aqua at the last minute. I also really like Kazuma's seiyuu, he gives him a crisp edge.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2016

219 by Comander-07 »»
Today, 3:11 AM

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

17 by HenryLeo123 »»
Apr 24, 2:26 AM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

415 by HomelessWzrd »»
Apr 7, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

371 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 11:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.