Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 9, 2012 8:31 AM

May 2011
GracefulDownfall said:
Shiraishi had it coming in the end.

Slurpentine said:
Prez didn't deserve to die, heh heh

Before the final scene, I did not think she deserves her fate. She didn't try to kill anyone. She is just someone who gets caught in the psychotic behavior of the Kuraki family. However, when she is willing to do what she does in that final scene. She gets what is coming to her.

Yeah, she was disingenuous to the Kuraki Boyfriend when Shiraishi dumped him. But, to be honest, if status is what a woman is primarily after you wouldn't want to be with that person anyways. She does him a favor when she dumps him. The problem is he can't see past the "status" thing himself and chooses to end it all right in front of her.

Relationships come and go all the time. Everyone makes foolish decisions and hurts others sometimes. It's no reason to end it all. Suck it up and move on. Hell, he should just date the sister. That seems all the rage these days in Japan. They deserve each other.

Ayase going after Shiraishi was an unfortunate circumstance of being involved in the remnants of the nutjob family. It is unfortunate for her to get that deeply involved in the situation. But, when Shiraishi let herself get taken down by that family and she was willing to push Juu into traffic like that. She lost herself as a human being. It was at this point that she deserves her fate.

-------------------------------------------

As soon as I see Shiraishi standing before Juu all messed up I know she is going to do something bad. The cars whizzing by seem rather foreboding as well. My heart skips a beat when she pushes him into the road. I knew that she is going to do it. But I was still was stunned by it. I start freaking when Ame instinctively run and they show him lying on the ground. I didn't see that the truck had rammed into the storefront until after they show the bloody hand of Shiraishi.

I sort of feel relieved that Juu was spared. I also feel some pity towards Shiraishi. Why? because her life is so destroyed by the Kuraki family's psychotic behavior. She loses any sense of being a decent human being. Not that she is a model citizen beforehand.

-------------------------------

Well , anyways, it was a great series. I'm rather sad that it seems like the show got killed. I liked this series.

The funny thing is the fact that I thought the series was only 2 episodes led me to really think Juu could have actually died at the end. It sorta added to the suspense when I recently watched it.
CirrisFeb 9, 2012 8:44 AM
Feb 19, 2012 5:32 AM
Dec 2009
I think we all forgot about someone important here...

What happened to the driver of the van?? Is he OK??

Ame is super cute
Feb 23, 2012 5:16 PM

Jan 2008
Cirris said:

I sort of feel relieved that Juu was spared. I also feel some pity towards Shiraishi. Why? because her life is so destroyed by the Kuraki family's psychotic behavior. She loses any sense of being a decent human being. Not that she is a model citizen beforehand.

I think you are downplaying how much Shiraishi wasn't a "model citizen" before hand. She doesn't go into detail but she admitted of doing whatever it took to get on top. All we do know is that she broke up with her boyfriend to date a more successful guy, and acted as if she was nothing more then a victim by fabricating the story, as she did, to gain sympathy. Also, as traumatized as she was, she attempted to kill a human being (her savior nonetheless).

Shiraishi was evil to begin with, it just became more apparent when she became desperate.

Feb 25, 2012 7:15 PM

Sep 2011
I really wish this was a series. Ame is so amazing.
[center]
Mar 2, 2012 1:03 AM
Jun 2007
This definitely deserves to be turned into an anime series.
Mar 10, 2012 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed this quite a bit. Too bad there are no more eps.
Apr 15, 2012 2:38 PM

Jan 2012
Pretty good series. A bit random for my liking, but it was definitely not bad.

I liked the end though. Retribution comparable to that of School Days ;)

7/10
MorningGlory said:
I seen worse......
(elfen lied for example.....thinking bout that anime wants to make me vomit)

How does EL make you vomit? It wasn't that bad, lol. I mean, it was gory, but still, it wasn't gore just for the hell of it.
Lemme smang it girl.
Apr 28, 2012 5:01 PM

Oct 2010
wow, this was great, possibly best ova i have ever watched? it was a bit rushed, and a few things seemed to be left out, going to have to read the manga now, strange way to end it, there wasn't enough crying it felt as if that blond guy didn't actually die, but i am pretty sure he did
May 1, 2012 10:11 AM

Mar 2012
Damn tis such a shame this isnt a full blown series.... <3 Ame T_T
May 29, 2012 1:05 AM

Mar 2012
Karma 1, Shiraishi 0
Jun 13, 2012 3:44 AM
May 2011
Hikaru is a fool. Instead of running after some boy in karate section (the relationship with whom will not be long) she had to try to make Juu fell in love with her and try to be with him. Stupid girl.
Jun 18, 2012 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
Good OVA but the ending was shit tbh
Jun 26, 2012 2:34 AM

Apr 2009
But he doesn't even look the least happy on the photo passed through their mobile phones! o_O I don't want my happiness to be quantified ever!

I'm starting to like Juu, he such a good guy that he didn't took advantage when Hikaru's self esteem was low. Or maybe because he had too much on his plate that time? LOL

I suspected there was something off or at least rotting inside the house when she chopped up the single fly buzzing about in the kitchen with a single stroke, and it turns out to be her mother. x_x Ame turning that destroying-other-happiness-to-be-happy-yourself concept on it's own head was brilliant. Oh and it seems karma (the bitch edition, as if there's any other, LOL) gets with along with happiness from time to time...bwahaha!

Cirris said:
As soon as I see Shiraishi standing before Juu all messed up I know she is going to do something bad. The cars whizzing by seem rather foreboding as well. My heart skips a beat when she pushes him into the road. I knew that she is going to do it. But I was still was stunned by it. I start freaking when Ame instinctively run and they show him lying on the ground.

No shit, I was totally thinking and feeling exactly the same! I was "Oh crap, she's one of them too!"

I never heard of this "pessimistic kind of optimism" until now, now I'm glad I did. Man, even saying that seems ironic. LOL I wish this was longer series, I want to see more of those two friends of Ame in action.

Wow this last episode is a lot! 8/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 2, 2012 12:24 AM

May 2012
This episode was just as awesome as the first! I still cant believe that this is 2 episodes long, I mean I give this an 10/10 everything about the 2 episodes was perfect and in just 2 episodes you saw some character development. If they turned this into a full blown anime I'm sure that it would be one of the best anime out there.
Sep 8, 2012 2:38 PM

Feb 2011
I liked it till the very end , somehow this guy reminds me of Ichigo for some reason . Yeah , loved the two OVA . 10/10
Sep 16, 2012 5:44 PM

Apr 2010
Was nice.
Also funny how 2 episodes had more/better character development than many other 12 ep. series...
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Sep 24, 2012 11:37 AM

Sep 2008
It was as good as the first episode... well, maybe a little less interesting (I was prepared for surprises regarding the characters, so the moment they showed their true colors was less shocking than the last time).

The story was good, I liked the 'destruction of one's happiness' theme. The ending summed it all up the proper way ;D

Overall, I give Denpa teki na Kanojo a 9/10 for the concept and amusement :)
Nov 7, 2012 1:08 AM

Aug 2012
Like the ending.
Dec 20, 2012 4:25 PM

Nov 2012
"The Deconstruction of Happiness"
Indeed many people look into it to find their own happiness which is watching others happiness crumble.
Dec 26, 2012 10:55 PM

Mar 2010
I really liked the first episode, but this one was great, i loved it, Ame is so cute, her friends are awesome, i also liked how Juu is not the hero, and although he is strong and a good fighter, he doesn't go punching bad guys and saving others, i mean i like that kinda stuff but it would've ruined this ovas for me.
Also as most of you already mentioned, AMAZING character development in only 2 OVAs, damn, i just wish there was a third one, but my hopes are lost seeing that this is from 2009.

Anyway, great anime, now, what do i watch?, i feel like for the next few days, after watching this anything i watch will be bad.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 2, 2013 11:10 AM

Nov 2007
The writing was just lazy. When Ayase set that shack on fire and the other 4 started hammering at the door I was laughing at the silliness. I mean Ayase closed the door infront of their eyes with the key and they don't even think about taking it from her? Not to mention they just let her happily type away on the cell phone.
And c'mon, you are sitting in a room with a rotting corpse next door and flies all over the place, yet you don't suspect anything until the door is openend?? The stench must have been numbing. Just call the police right away and be done with her. And why the heck do Juu and Ame just watch Ayase harass the hell out of Shiraishi with a huge knife ready to cut her limbs off at any moment?? Oh gawd was that bad :/ what happened then? They just left cause they won the argument by using her logic against her? C'mon, at least try to make sense.
Jan 27, 2013 11:33 AM
Jul 2012
Better episode than the first.
He is stupid at the end. Letting her push him and got hit by the truck. What an dumbass.
Theese characters eww they ugly. Execpt Ame she is aright.
6/10 ok show needs alot of improvement.
Feb 11, 2013 9:27 PM

Aug 2010
I really liked this series. Only two episodes though! sad times.
Feb 16, 2013 1:27 PM

Oct 2008
Why did i watch this? Now I feel depressed.

On a serious note
garretdejikoFeb 16, 2013 1:43 PM
Mar 15, 2013 11:43 PM

Apr 2010
What? That's it? I liked some of the scenes with Ame. Especially in the first episode.

I don't really mind the number of episode. But I feel like the ending was terrible in this one.
Mar 15, 2013 11:45 PM

Dec 2012
Why do you think it's terrible? =(
Mar 17, 2013 1:51 PM

Oct 2011
I think it's a great series with a nice idea. Too bad it's only 2 episodes long. :/
The psychotic elements of both episodes were performed really well and the last thing in episode wasn't anything I expected. Though I must say that I really had to giggle when I saw the girl between the truck and the wall with a bloody hand in the air. xD
Apr 17, 2013 3:49 PM

Jun 2012
Could have been better, this kind of plot isnt really my cup of tea. Ame was adorable tho, Juu annoyed the fuck out of me but at least he wasnt a pussy.

Did they adapt all the material from the novel? The ending felt incomplete.

6/10
Apr 18, 2013 12:06 PM

May 2012
That vice pres is so sick in the head. Anyway, nice setting and consistent animation. Although, whenever I see the main guy, he somewhat reminds me of Edward in Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood. I mean, if Edward is taller, bigger and short hair.. hehe..
May 13, 2013 3:44 PM

Jul 2007
Vindictive said:
Did they adapt all the material from the novel? The ending felt incomplete.

OVA 1 adapted novel 1 and OVA 2 adapted novel 3, so while there is still another story that wasn't animated this is how they ended the novels.

I kinda wonder why they stopped the novel series, did the publisher drop it or did the author stop cause they wanted to work on Kure-nai instead? If it's the 2nd I wonder if there is any chance of this starting back up since Kure-nai is now over.
Jun 6, 2013 6:26 PM

Jul 2009
damn definitely did not expect that plot twist at the end.. But as Yukihime said the Divine Retribution served the Glasses Girl 101% at the time and she was properly crushed by the van.

Good series imo, but the only negative part is that its only 2 episodes =_= (technically 4 episodes). I like everything of it apart from the face of Juu that sometimes looks odd, the characters are definitely likable and i like the moments on Juu Room with ame and her sister lols.

Dont really know the reasons why they stopped to two 44min OVA but this show i think wouldve been pretty great the way it is say like 12 eps with 6 different story/cases that Juu and Ame solve like i.e. case 1 they solve the Serial Killings and case 2 they solved the Pranks and happiness points.
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Jun 23, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2011
This was amazing, seriously.
Too bad that the first episode wasn't as good as this one, this has so much potential.
All the good shows never get more, this shit makes me sad...
8/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 13, 2013 12:31 AM

Aug 2012
Dam this was twisted as hell but was entertaining
Jul 19, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2011
6/10
Jul 28, 2013 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
The whole concept of 'happineness points' is just crazy.
Ironic how there's two crazy girls in each OVA.
Sep 2, 2013 10:17 AM

Feb 2013
Karma is really a bitch. xD

I loved the atmosphere and the characters especially Ame.
It needs more episodes though.....

8/10

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Sep 13, 2013 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
This is one of those "so bad, it's hilarious" anime. I've never seen anything that tried to be so super edgy and deep, yet failed so miserably. I had a good laugh, though.

3/10
Sep 15, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
Almost a 7, but not quite. This would be an interesting show tbh.

Cons:
- Pretentious, tried to be too deep (the whole "people destruct happiness thing")
- Shallow motive overall (first girl did it for fun, second girl did it for revenge)
- Main characters too average (main guy is a delinquent, main girl is a weird strong girl)
- Plot holes
- Plot twists without much explanation

Pros:
- Nice atmosphere
- Interesting plot
- Great OST
Sep 24, 2013 3:28 PM

Jul 2013
this was good!
Sep 24, 2013 10:36 PM

Oct 2009
I felt they definitely could have done more given more episodes to work with. They kinda skimmed through in my opinion with all the plots, BUT it didn't decrease its worth. Was a great series for me overall and I wish it had more. Ame was awesome. MC was pretty much the most sane in the series.

That twist though...I saw it a mile away. I didn't think they'd do the divine retribution thing though. Thought it'd just end bad with him gone and done with. Might have been better though...cause keeping him alive made it seem like there could be more...and obviously, like 4 or so years later, that's off the table.
Oct 13, 2013 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
At first I was skeptical about this episode, but I enjoyed it more than the first. That was hilarious when Juu poured coffee on Hikaru. Damn, I couldn't stop laughing when I noticed Shiraishi was the one who everyone was talking about at the end. I like how Ame used the happiness point logic against Ayase to break her down. Felt like there was a lack of closure though, could have squeezed in something during the credits at least.

Overall this was a pleasant treat, definitely turned out to be an interesting watch, especially as Halloween approaches. Lots of psychopath girls in this series. I like how the point that was made about gaining happiness at the expense of others, because while I wouldn't take it to the same extreme, it can be argued to exist to a degree. As far as scores go, I think mine are something like:

Episode 1 - 8/10
Episode 2 - 8.5/10
Overall- 8/10, wouldn't have minded seeing this turned into a full tv series.
Nov 9, 2013 8:32 PM

Apr 2012
Forever in my PTW and all I get is this?
That was bad. It had some interesting scenes here and there, something you could tell a good/decent story with but result was still really bad. Dead mother in the room next door and a psycho bitch trying to slay someone else in the kitchen but who cares, let's sit at the table and wait while drinking tea. The. Fuck.
4/10.
Nov 23, 2013 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
I liked the atmosphere a lot. For a 2 episode OVA, it did a very good job to keep me interested. For the people who said that it didn't make sense (like the person above me), it's all about the atmosphere and they weren't drinking tea, the guy was frozen in fear, and you know the girl is already a weirdo.

Although the characters may have been strange in motives, they are freakin psychopaths, if they did things a normal person would, they wouldn't be PSYCHOPATHS. The characters were made to be interesting which kept me interested.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 17, 2013 3:53 AM
Jun 2011
Show made perfect sense, idk what some people were watching or expecting. Then again some people are just contrarians.

OVA was better than the Anime it was bundled with. DTK was better than Kure-nai, although Kure-nai was still pretty damn good.

Part 1 was much better than part 2 in my opinion, the mystery in part 1 and set-up were much better.

It's a damn shame that this is only an OVA while other crap gets seasons, get ur shit together anime industry.
Dec 22, 2013 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
I found this show quite strange for some reason....overall it was a decent series
Dec 22, 2013 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
Wow dude you slow or what? It was so obvious she was gonna push you it's not even funny!
Jan 7, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2012
Ok, this episode saved the series for me..
Although it was predictable to the half,the Kazuo real history surprised me :O

It had potential for more, but ok, it was a nice series.
Ochibana.Best.Girl.

gonna give 06/10.
MotoraBRJan 8, 2014 1:23 AM
Feb 2, 2014 5:24 AM
Feb 2013
Vurtox said:
The writing was just lazy. When Ayase set that shack on fire and the other 4 started hammering at the door I was laughing at the silliness. I mean Ayase closed the door infront of their eyes with the key and they don't even think about taking it from her? Not to mention they just let her happily type away on the cell phone.
And c'mon, you are sitting in a room with a rotting corpse next door and flies all over the place, yet you don't suspect anything until the door is openend?? The stench must have been numbing. Just call the police right away and be done with her. And why the heck do Juu and Ame just watch Ayase harass the hell out of Shiraishi with a huge knife ready to cut her limbs off at any moment?? Oh gawd was that bad :/ what happened then? They just left cause they won the argument by using her logic against her? C'mon, at least try to make sense.

HAHAHA I love you dude, this are EXACTLY my thoughts I wanted to write here :D
Except the part it's bad, cause somehow I enjoyed it :)
kcuf
Apr 10, 2014 2:38 AM

Jun 2011
Didn't like it at all, and this is worse than the first episode. My biggest problem is with the characters.

-Take clothes off-
"I know you want to do it with me, right? It's my first time, but whatever, you are always doing it, right?"

"Do you like virgins?"
"There are 3 virgins here, guess who are they."

Too much of these sex talk, these girls know no shame, at all, and the author showed no respect for the girls, at all. We have a main character who can attract any girls, and we have female characters, which about half of it are interested in the main characters.
Edit: And also the cliche "I will kiss a random nobody I just knew so that other people will believe that he is my boyfriend." and the comedy that came after wasn't even funny. Too much sexualization here.

I have to agree with the quoted post above mine, the writing was just lazy, that, or the studio skipped a lot of stuff, or change stuff on their own. Anyway, I wasted 90 minutes watching this, I wish I could get back my time, this is totally not worth it. I will say though, the ED song is pretty decent.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 11, 2014 11:24 AM

Apr 2014
this was such a epic anime with a great end
The only reason I'm disappointed is because it is soooooo short!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denpateki na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Iiotoko - Feb 17, 2009

166 by bakakisima »»
Jan 27, 11:53 AM

» Some questions about stuff that the anime didn't give answers to

csenger08 - Nov 26, 2022

2 by JackSKK »»
May 16, 2023 4:20 AM

» This would make a good series.

xsilicon9 - May 4, 2012

25 by PonderingScribe »»
Oct 27, 2022 3:43 PM

» They adapted the light novel(s) into a manga

towelgirl21 - Mar 21, 2021

3 by anizawa89 »»
Oct 22, 2022 4:58 PM

» So where are Juu parents?

xsilicon9 - Dec 18, 2014

3 by Ryuu_Mayo »»
May 27, 2022 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.