Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2009 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great atmosphere.
I like the character-design, how everybody also the people now newly introduced all are Denpa Teki. Story-wise i felt it fell a little short to its predecessor, owing to the fact that episode 1 is hard to beat. They nevertheless really did a great job again.

Ame is sweet as she is, but maid makes her so moe.

Worst thing is we'll have to wait a felt eternity for the next part. And that it ends there.
Dec 6, 2009 7:59 AM

Oct 2009
From the first OVA I saw to this one....the insane factor went to 300% the amount. It was crazy, insane to the point that my reaction at the end was: *eye wide open* *mouth open* *is happy to be on his farm far from the city*. Logical thinking.....Hikaru was brave enough to help Juu from being accused in the beginning. Ayase was suspicious since the beginning. Shirai has a crazy past that was abnormal. Hikaru looked not normal at one point here
...I want to know if it was just the picture or something else....Guess it was mental shock due to verbal response. Liked Juu's refusal to have sex with her even she wanted to go as far as taking her clothes off. Yukihime was a great fighting character with her friend...that breaking in the apartment was brilliant with her and partner and the maid cafe was great. Koufuku club part was insane...Ayase ready to burn all these girls shows something not right mentally about her. Other half was disgusting with Ayase keeping a dead body with flies, Shirai going splat with the impact of van (she deserved that because of her trying to kill Juu by pushing him into the traffic). Good thing Juu survived just like at the end of OVA 1. The dead animal in Juu's mailbox + mail bomb was also disturbing since mail bomb damaged woman with child. Overall better than first one. These were the most disturbing because keeping a body in the house and living with/seeing anyone crushed by van with blood dripping is never ok to see.

Proselyt said:
Great atmosphere.
I like the character-design, how everybody also the people now newly introduced all are Denpa Teki.

Well only Shirai and Ayase are insane really....Yukihime looked ok to me with her partner...Hikaru was ok too except at one point but she got ok after....admit that both blushing of Hikaru and Ame were cute :D
Proselyt said:
Story-wise i felt it fell a little short to its predecessor, owing to the fact that episode 1 is hard to beat. They nevertheless really did a great job again.

I think it beat it just now and watched both right now so I think this ons is better and more disturbing but first one was more graphical...that's true. This one more psychological warfare type.
Proselyt said:

Yes she is here! Been waiting to see her eyes and face better...this episode did good job of that=>
Proselyt said:
Worst thing is we'll have to wait a felt eternity for the next part. And that it ends there.
Good thing I did not have to wait for second one but now I am stuck with you to wait for the other one for a long time....will just do farming and time will pass. This was a longer OVA....almost 45 minutes...Have to add that Ame's eyes as maid are gorgeous.
francismeunierDec 31, 2009 11:09 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 6, 2009 12:58 PM

May 2007
What exactly happened to the psycho girl from ep1? I get the feeling that it was mentioned but my japanese skills weren't up to it.

And I loved this episode about as much as the first one.
Dec 6, 2009 2:16 PM

Oct 2009
Segya said:
What exactly happened to the psycho girl from ep1? I get the feeling that it was mentioned but my japanese skills weren't up to it.

And I loved this episode about as much as the first one.

Psycho girl from one either is dead by suicide (rape is really bad+all the violence she did can make someone go coucou in their head) or she is arrested because Juu called police after incident that happened at the end of episode.....she broke some bones of his with a bat..O_O that was crazy itself....

Dec 8, 2009 11:36 PM
Jun 2008
awesome episode!

but the latest novel is only till ~幸福ゲーム~ which is the current ova... so have to wait for the book to be written, published, and get made into anime?? long wait indeed...
Dec 9, 2009 3:51 AM
Jun 2008
I been thinking the whole time.....is this Harem anime??

耳から鼻切り取る どうですか 目でもいいですよ 乳房でもわるくないですか
............................どうぞ自分でやってください
how bout' cut out from ear to nose,how bout your eye,HAHA pluck out(using knife) your nipple also can.Do please do it your self =)

ehhh translating this make me feel sick(feel like vomiting my dinner that i just ate)

大丈夫です 日常を日と日常はつながっていて その裁き時間しかない
i cant hear very well the above sentence ....can anyone correct me?lastly a buddha sentence is said out...ohh who care...
MorningGloryDec 9, 2009 4:37 AM
Dec 9, 2009 8:30 AM

Oct 2009
gloryfy said:

how bout' cut out from ear to nose,how bout your eye,HAHA pluck out(using knife) your nipple also can.Do please do it your self =)

ehhh translating this make me feel sick(feel like vomiting my dinner that i just ate)
When in the world was this said? You serious? I going to puke if this is serious. No one eats before seeing this..take it from this guy.

Dec 9, 2009 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
gloryfy said:

When in the world was this said? You serious? I going to puke if this is serious. No one eats before seeing this..take it from this guy.
Yes somewhat in this regard was said. Though i thought it was funnier how she called herself 殺人じゃない - not a murderer - when she tried to burn a dozen people alive just the day before.
gloryfy said:
Who except for Ame would that Harem consist of? Her sister who now has her own boyfriend and Yukihime who just teases him? No sir, i don't think so.
Dec 9, 2009 10:21 AM

Oct 2009
Proselyt said:
francismeunier said:
gloryfy said:

Proselyt said:
Yes somewhat in this regard was said. Though i thought it was funnier how she called herself 殺人じゃない - not a murderer - when she tried to burn a dozen people alive just the day before.
Oh great, it will be a another pain to see what the subs will reveal of more. Yeah that was a lie.... Ayase doing this makes her a murder to the police already.
gloryfy said:
Proselyt said:
Who except for Ame would that Harem consist of? Her sister who now has her own boyfriend and Yukihime who just teases him? No sir, i don't think so.
Harem....no, this is a sick/gore/psychological anime if anything.

Dec 9, 2009 12:29 PM
Jun 2008
francismeunier said:

Ayase doing this makes her a murder to the police already.

Murderer?In ayase's world its called Happiness stealer >.<

指でもいいでよ ただ気を付けてくださいね 死ぬなら処分が面倒なので
Finger also can(cut off) Please but be careful, because it will be trouble if you die(Its hard to clean up the mess)
~ I think Ayase's mother haven't died.She is just sick as what Ayase is thinking.plus all the murder cases doesn't have enough proof.She did not even touch them and the club are just rumor.Investigation scene doesn't even have,do you think police can rely purely in rumor?if so then the world will be more corrupt then it already has.....

I thought Harem is bout 1 boy and the rest is girlss regardless how evil(sick/gore/psychological from francismeunier) the bad guy is =P
There is echi scene in the near beginning >.<
Dec 9, 2009 12:30 PM
Jun 2008
I seen worse......
(elfen lied for example.....thinking bout that anime wants to make me vomit)
Dec 9, 2009 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
gloryfy said:
~ I think Ayase's mother haven't died.She is just sick as what Ayase is thinking.
Wait are we talking about the same anime? How can you get anymore dead? Or are you saying all those flies nurturing from her rotting cadaver are just happiness flies?
gloryfy said:
plus all the murder cases doesn't have enough proof.She did not even touch them and the club are just rumor.Investigation scene doesn't even have,do you think police can rely purely in rumor?if so then the world will be more corrupt then it already has.....
I for one live in a country in which deranged people who by witness account by 20 people tried to perform mass murder are considered worthy of a trial and therefore are taken into custody.

gloryfy said:
I thought Harem is bout 1 boy and the rest is girlss regardless how evil(sick/gore/psychological from francismeunier) the bad guy is =P
There is echi scene in the near beginning >.<
As i said: if at all only one person is romantically interested in Juuzawa Juu-sama - that's no harem.
And i don't count people who tried to kill him or already are dead as members of a theoretical harem.
Dec 10, 2009 1:39 AM
Jun 2008
wow...three of my idea has been objected by Proselyt sob sob

gloryfy said:
~ I think Ayase's mother haven't died.She is just sick as what Ayase is thinking.
Maybe I think I should change to Ayase think since the following sentence is said"She is just sick as what 'Ayase is thinking'."I guess feeling(such as happiness) cant be taken or take,it depend on people's way of thinking.

~Maybe i said too much bout corruption.....Ok, back to anime -,- Ayase did not kill anyone....she tried but fail

Well maybe i am a bit wrong bout this anime is being a harem .sorry.....
Dec 10, 2009 2:13 AM
Jun 2009
does anyone know how long it will take to sub this ep.
Dec 10, 2009 3:20 AM

Oct 2009
Hanyuu-hauu said:
Might be long because is 45 minutes....

Dec 10, 2009 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
francismeunier said:
Hanyuu-hauu said:
Might be long because is 45 minutes....

Meh, it didn't take some subbers long to sub the Kara No Kyoukai, Evangelion or Gurren Lagann movies, and for the most part, they're all well over an hour.

Just depends on the subber and if they want to do it or not.
Dec 10, 2009 7:08 PM

Jun 2009
need subs!xD
loved OVA1
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Dec 13, 2009 1:26 AM

Sep 2007
Man there are some serious psycho people out there in the world. Yukihime is totally awesome and badass too.
Dec 13, 2009 1:37 AM

Aug 2008
Subs are out (torrent) I'm waiting for ddl.
Dec 13, 2009 2:36 AM
Dec 2007
Proselyt said:
Great atmosphere.
I like the character-design, how everybody also the people now newly introduced all are Denpa Teki. Story-wise i felt it fell a little short to its predecessor, owing to the fact that episode 1 is hard to beat. They nevertheless really did a great job again.

Indeed, the atmosphere is the main turn on for this show, it begins to feel more and more like Kara no Kyoukai too. The backgrounds and chara-design are really nice and despite the non-stop twists and changes of mood, the story is pretty consistent and the characters are entertaining to say the least. Well, seems like Brains Base did a good job adapting it, but Kurenai was easily better (and I don't really see a lot of similarities between the two stories which is strange as they were both created by the same author).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 13, 2009 3:06 AM

Feb 2009
A great episode,indeed.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 13, 2009 3:47 AM

Nov 2007
This is magnificent. Throughly enjoyable, especially that tiny twist at the end. The student council president being off her rocker was predictable, but that bit right at the end was great. I especially love Yukihime's comments there. I look forward to future episodes.
Dec 13, 2009 6:08 AM

Apr 2009
f*ck! that episode was amazing.. very crazy people.. stealing happiness points, yeah.. but i'd say, we have nice girls here and the maid/waitress cosplay is moe.. the twist in the end also left me shocked but what comes after it, when ame was crying for her juu-sama, was definitely sweet..
Dec 13, 2009 7:17 AM

Jun 2008
this episode is really good!! cant wait for ep.3.......

Dec 13, 2009 7:52 AM

Apr 2008
Brilliant!!!!!! The characters, especially the 'three musketeers', storyline, art/animation and how why upped the black humour. Can't pull enough thoughts together to say more than that for now! Oh and Ame is too cool!!!!!!!! ^-^
Dec 13, 2009 8:08 AM

Jul 2009
Wow..breath-stopping indeed..the last scene is intense..i knew something will happened to Juu..and she just pushed him is predictable but still...divine retribution indeed

Ame surely has an interesting friend there..Yukihime certainty took my spotlight when she almost killed those guy there..

Ame is so cute when she blushed and wearing those maid outfit <3..

Now Hikaru will probably fall for Juu..and Yukihime? Madoka?

Can't wait for more OVA
Dec 13, 2009 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
I love this series. Atmosphere is amazing. Ame and her friends are pure win :D The only thing I cannot understand is why the main character is so hesitant to act in life threatening situations and why nobody ever calls the police?
Dec 13, 2009 9:41 AM

Jan 2008
I liked it; some crazy shit happening. But yet again, they did the same thing that I hated in the first one...and that was not telling wtf happened to the murderous girls in the end (both Miya Satsuki and Kazuko Ayase). And what did Ame tell that other girl about how to gain more happiness points when they broke into the apartment?

...at least maid Ame was moe.
Estoy_GordoDec 13, 2009 9:44 AM
Dec 13, 2009 10:11 AM

Aug 2008
Hilariously good. Atmosphere and general plot development saves it from the awkward character design (namely the eyes). So hilarious.
Dec 13, 2009 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
Really good epizode again. Can't wait for ep3.

btw someone know how many epizodes would it be?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 13, 2009 12:44 PM

May 2009
It was very good but I liked the first episode even more.
Dec 13, 2009 1:03 PM

Apr 2007
This show is about people getting the shit kicked out of them. I love it.
Dec 13, 2009 1:20 PM

Jun 2008
OrochiPL said:
Really good epizode again. Can't wait for ep3.
btw someone know how many epizodes would it be?
There are three light novels (they were released between 2004-2005) - there will be three OVAs - the next probably in 6-7 months and there won't be anything after that, as i said in the first post.
Dec 13, 2009 1:21 PM

Jul 2009
2009 + Denpa= WIN

2009 - Denpa= FAIL

'nuff said.

As for the OVA, the direction is kinda off here and there, the ending feels kinda rushed but overall still far better than the crap airing rite now.... Good thing I have some other things to occupy 'till the next and last OVA 8-)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Dec 13, 2009 1:44 PM

Jul 2008
I agree. This OVA is one of the best things to come out of 2009.

We got to see a lot of Ame's eyes in this episode =]
Dec 13, 2009 2:26 PM

Dec 2008
awesome OVA and i can't wait for the next one. Anyone know when it comes out?
Dec 13, 2009 2:29 PM

Aug 2009
Is that Ami Koshimizu playing as Ayase Ichiko? I swear I heard Rosa and Horo on her voice. <3
Dec 13, 2009 2:58 PM

May 2009
naoan said:
Is that Ami Koshimizu playing as Ayase Ichiko?
Indeed, it is. I love her voice, it's easy to recognize too.
Dec 13, 2009 4:05 PM

Dec 2007
Amazing episode, nuff' said.
Dec 13, 2009 4:23 PM

Mar 2009
Ame needs to show her face more.

Hikaru needs to relax!

Such opposite personalities haha.

I guess it was good since justice was served, but Juuzawa is one lucky bastard.

The fact that Shirai got crushed by the car reminds me of Ninomiya-kun and Sensei rofl.
Dec 13, 2009 6:01 PM

Sep 2009
I'm aware that there was other, much more serious shit going on at the time, but I just can't get over the fact that Shiraishi was sitting in her own barf.

Other than that, this show is absolutely amazing, and Ame is an awesome character. It's too bad that there's only one more OVA.
Dec 13, 2009 6:25 PM

Nov 2007
GarLogan78 said:
I agree. This OVA is one of the best things to come out of 2009.

We got to see a lot of Ame's eyes in this episode =]

isnt she cute XD

this is the best anime out in 2009 apart from Phantom XD

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Dec 13, 2009 8:43 PM
Dec 2009
Ame's bangs are too long!

I'd cut them in a heartbeat.

I really like this show, too bad it's going to be so short.

I read that people still think that the mother corpse in Ayase's house is sick and almost alive... dat woman is extremely dead.
Dec 13, 2009 11:17 PM

Feb 2008
Atmosphere. This OVA is rich in it, and I can't get enough of it. I stated before that Denpa excels in something that anime rarely has, and that is the tone of the show just exudes atmosphere from every fiber of its being.

The entire OVA is drawn like a painting and while I wouldn't go so far as to call it a masterpiece, it is definitely a step forward in terms of quality storytelling.

I mean, the first time you saw Ayase cutting up the cabbage and you could hear the flies buzzing about, tell me you didn't just get shivers up and down your spine. It was one of the most effective execution of foreshadowingI have seen in such a short scene I have seen in anime. They didn't need ounces of dialogue or backstory, nor did they need to show grotesque or frightening images. The director knew the human imagination is a far more effective tool. He planted a bomb in us with that scene and knew the best way was to leave it ticking. The tension would then just keep building, and building, and the atmosphere would grow even more frightening and horrific by the minute. Not with what was shown, but with what was NOT shown. Truly an excellent touch.

Now I didn't enjoy this one nearly as much as the first OVA, but that isn't really a critique, since I had enjoyed the first episode almost to the point where I myself couldn't believe it myself.

The twist was far more predictable, and the story nowhere near as complex as the first one, but that isn't to say is a bad thing. The execution is where it counts, and the second OVA executed the story perfectly.

I love how much the OVA excludes so much potential information and leaves up to the viewers judgment. Is Ayase dead by the end of the OVA? We don't know. But isn't that far more intriguing than having the answer thrown into our faces? For an anime to actually let us take a step back and allow us to admire the grandeur of its own scale is a wonderful quality and is lacking in so many shows. I can think of only a few other anime that takes this extra step. Kara no Kyoukai being one, Monster being another.

Now back on subject with the atmosphere, which is where this anime shines. Did I mention this anime is rich in atmosphere =D? As I watched this OVA, it was like I was playing Silent Hill all over again. I'm not comparing the tone of the two, but I mean the overall ability for each respective title to completely engross and captivate you into a world of its own. Denpa's world is dark, twisted, and full a grim horror that oozes mystery. You become caught in the show not merely as a watcher, but as a participant. The world becomes very real, and that can only be done through atmosphere.

The music only aids in this. Dark ambient tones, sorrowful minimalist piano, the entire OVA is built around creating the world of Denpa and making sure you are totally immersed in it. I can't praise this show enough. Not because it's a masterpiece, but because it is a necessary step forward in which all anime need to start taking. We are seeing a steady decline in anime as a literary, or artistic medium. I would very much like shows like Denpa to become the industry standard of what is to be expecting when we watch anime. Sadly this is just hoping, but as long as every once in a while shows like Denpa catch my attention, I'm satisfied knowing that some people still are pushing the boundaries of what anime can be done as a story telling medium.
seraphjeiDec 13, 2009 11:20 PM
Dec 13, 2009 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
stAtic91 said:
Indeed, it is. I love her voice, it's easy to recognize too.

I knew it! She's awesome even as a psycho. <3

And, anyone know what is the background song that was being played at 17:44?
Dec 14, 2009 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
I think the real lesson here is that karma is a bitch! Amazing episode, A+++ troll on Shiraishi.
Dec 14, 2009 1:20 AM

Dec 2007
I was a little upset that we didn't get to see any more of Juuzawa kicking ass (crowning moment of awesome from 2009 = Juuzawa watch brass knuckle)

But instead, we got to see more Ame =D so it all works out.

Great episode... hopefully they'll get on the last ep quickly
Dec 14, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
What a wonderful anime, with a lot of wonderful psycho girls. :P
I prefer Hikaru over Ame. I want to pair her with Juu actually. :(
Dec 14, 2009 6:37 PM

Apr 2008
OMG HIKARU IS THE MOST ANNOYING ANIME CHARACTER I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. JUST HAVING HER IN THIS EPISODE SO MUCH MADE IT 876567 X'S WORSE...........

This episode was Meh. I liked the first one a bit more.

FUCK, I CAN'T GET OVER HOW ANNOYING HIKARU IS. WHY DOES SHE EXIST? UGUGUGUGUG.
Dec 14, 2009 11:48 PM

Feb 2008
The part that gets me is that the DVD isn't sold on its own. It's packaged together with the fourth volume of the manga "Kure-nai". Oh well...
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denpateki na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Iiotoko - Feb 17, 2009

166 by bakakisima »»
Jan 27, 11:53 AM

» Some questions about stuff that the anime didn't give answers to

csenger08 - Nov 26, 2022

2 by JackSKK »»
May 16, 2023 4:20 AM

» This would make a good series.

xsilicon9 - May 4, 2012

25 by suleman15 »»
Oct 27, 2022 3:43 PM

» They adapted the light novel(s) into a manga

towelgirl21 - Mar 21, 2021

3 by anizawa89 »»
Oct 22, 2022 4:58 PM

» So where are Juu parents?

xsilicon9 - Dec 18, 2014

3 by Ryuu_Mayo »»
May 27, 2022 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.