Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 20, 2014 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, well that got intense in this finale. Guess they did try to wrap up this show with a big climax. NO surprise there.

Dark Hana is kinda awesome though with her badassness. I thought the last few episodes had a good momentum but the majority of this show was kinda meh to me. GG Planetary Gears though. It was fun while it lasted.
Stark700Sep 20, 2014 11:35 AM
Sep 20, 2014 11:32 AM

Oct 2010
Mediocre end to a mediocre anime.
Sep 20, 2014 11:41 AM

May 2013
That ending was okay. Was glad to see that Daichi and Hana made it out of that explosion together.
Sep 20, 2014 11:48 AM

Mar 2013
I may have simply missed something when watching, but what was with that person behind Daichi and Hana in the end? Could someone explain to me who that was again? I know we saw them somewhere else in the series.
Sep 20, 2014 11:49 AM

May 2010
VanishingKira said:
Honestly this show was just a fucking mess,managed to be equally to worse than Eureka Ao 3/10.

nothing to add. same rating.glad its over.
Sep 20, 2014 11:59 AM
Jan 2014
Glad this is over as well. The last few episodes might have been a bit better than the rest, but that doesn't say much at all.

I honestly don't know what to say really. Plot-wise, this was a complete trainwreck. The characters were extremely average too.

This proves how Bones cannot handle original anime even further.

Ehh... I didn't like it at all, but can't say I hated it either. Felt like a complete time waster.
So 5/10 it stays.

Nyanpasuu said:
I may have simply missed something when watching, but what was with that person behind Daichi and Hana in the end? Could someone explain to me who that was again? I know we saw them somewhere else in the series.

That was Daichi's Livlaster in human form.
ResidentSep 20, 2014 2:51 PM
Sep 20, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
This show had potential but didn't use it up. It could have been a great mecha because of the "starry night" scenes and slice of life. I could see this show doing well in building character relationships and focusing more on the characters themselves rather than the mecha/libido/orga stuff because that was rather boring. Even the romance could have been better even if I did like the build up to them.

I guess it ended well though. 5/10 overall
Sep 20, 2014 12:02 PM
Mar 2013
The end.
Sep 20, 2014 12:07 PM
Oct 2010
VanishingKira said:
Honestly this show was just a fucking mess,managed to be equally to worse than Eureka Ao 3/10.

Will Bones ever make a mecha series right?

This.. Of all the terrible things with this show the worst is the overall lack of focus.. holy shit. They tried to include way too many things into this shit and spent so many episodes just gathering the kiltgang (then had TWO 180s in personality for them with so little development it made it hilariously bad), trying to do this faction war thing which in the end just being underdeveloped.. didn't even mention what type of entity the livlaster was or what their purpose was.. puck's motives don't even make sense.. I can't even fathom why an A.I that could project itself into other things even bother going through all that for immortality when he already had it.

Also why didn't teppei jump with daichi at the end there? I can't even...
Sep 20, 2014 12:16 PM
Jul 2013
the stupidity is strong in these people. all that buildup for war with immortal ego block creatures and the enemy is just one earth ai which is still alive and possessing that guy, so no real resolution. no proper explanation of the principle elements called livlasters.
this quarter seems to be season of stupidity. aldnoah zero has a stupid ending too.
Sep 20, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2014
well its finally over

at the beginning i was about to drop the anime around ep 9-10 but they added action again and give a try to them

i like the "battle parts" not the best and not worst but enjoyable atleast is finally over
Sep 20, 2014 12:26 PM
Feb 2012
Well this did have potential, but was a disappointment.

Compared to the rest of the series the last episode was actually kinda awesome though.

Overall 4/10
Sep 20, 2014 12:27 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Planetary Gears sacrificed their Ego Blocks for almost nothing, as Puck re-emerged with the evolved Blume. Still, good efforts.

Daichi vs. Eveolved Puck was alright, though it seemed like he suddenly leveled up quite a lot to be able to take on such a massive mecha all by himself.
That kiss though.. Technically, Daichi kissed Puck too, if you think about it! XD

Liked how quickly Hana took out her Livlaster once Puck was about to say he doesn't lie. She had "I've had enough of your BS!" all over her face. XD

Good to see everyone is alive, including Planetery Gears too. Hana's seeming death might've been a bit dramatic.

Alright episode. The show could've been better but wouldn't really complain much.

Sep 20, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
I'll be on the opposite of you all and say I did enjoy the series. Yes, it had stupid parts, but it's a fun stupid that doesn't need to be taken seriously and I do enjoy these things.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Sep 20, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2013
Thank fuck.

THANK.

FUCK.

Never, and I mean NEVER have I been so glad that an anime is over. 25 episodes of disappointment, boring characters, an incomprehensible story and A LOT of wasted potential, all wrapped up in a shiny and attractive package that leads people in and then drains out their soul.

Ya know, I just realised, Captain Earth is the anime equivalent of a succubus - it looks all pretty and inviting so you'll go in for a closer look, then when you find out what it is you'll want to get the hell out, but its so damn pretty you stay on the ride but when it doesn't get any better you'll feel all that more worse in the end.

I would seriously rather watch Bible Black then re-watch this atrocity.
Sep 20, 2014 1:06 PM

May 2011
^Pretty much this. Weak, boring series with a weak, boring ending. So much wasted potential.

TTGL (seriously, it felt like BONES were trying to copy that show) did everything this show tried to do a million times better. Their own Eureka Seven did too. Hell, even HEROMAN did.
JoeQSep 20, 2014 1:22 PM
Sep 20, 2014 1:13 PM

Apr 2013
good last episode, even if the very end felt a bit sudden the way it just ended

overall it was enjoyable, the middle section of the series was a bit formulaic. 1. locate new planetary gear, 2. fail to stop them from getting their memories back, 3. battle while the countdown is running, but i liked the finale

loved the ost of the series as well as the character design

lots of potential to be better though

Sep 20, 2014 1:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
And so it ends. Nostalgia mecha designs, pretty art, animation and character design cannot overcome a weak story and generic characters. It's a shame because it really looks pretty.

Bones. You're a good studio, You can make some gorgeous looking colorful stuff. But for the love of God stop releasing mecha series until you have a good, tight script that has some interesting characters, and that doesn't have to rely on mumbo/jumbo to keep the story going.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good ending.
This anime could have been much better, but as it is I give it a

6/10
Sep 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
This was pretty much the crowning achievement of cheesiness.

All bad guys learn that they are bad guys and thus become good guys.

Final boss is beaten by power of love.

That's all I can really say for the episode really... lol

As a whole, the story started off as a complete mess, introducing way too many plot developments at one time without actually exploring them and then settled on a monster of the week formula before giving us 2 glorious episodes and then turning into a full blown cheese-fest of cliche and cheesy storytelling. It was basically power rangers level of cringe... It wasn't terrible or anything, just really cringy and painfully average.

I actually don't think this show would be so bad if it was targeted towards kids.

4.2/10 overall.

Specifics of my rating below. Ignore if you like.
Sep 20, 2014 1:22 PM

May 2013
I honestly don't know why I stuck with this anime for so long. Guess I just didn't want to drop it.

The final twist with Puck was just straight up retarded. They spent like 75% of the show introducing all these enemies for them to play hardly any role in the final battle lol. The introductions of them were also just way too repetitive. Oh here's a new enemy attacking Earth. Bam, loses or retreats. Same shit over and over. Also way too much techno-babble that never gets explained and makes no sense.

4/10
Sep 20, 2014 1:46 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Xenovius said:
The introductions of them were also just way too repetitive. Oh here's a new enemy attacking Earth. Bam, loses or retreats. Same shit over and over.

Say hello to Star Driver :D
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 20, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2013
So they die?
Sep 20, 2014 2:09 PM

Apr 2014
I don't know what happened. Are Daichi and Hana alive? If they survived where are they? I hope they return to earth? Because I don't know where it is going anymore. I give this series an 8 out of 10. I don't know about this series as much because there are still many questions that needs to be answered.
Sep 20, 2014 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Daichi kissed Puck.

It was good to see Daichi and Hana survived the explosion.
Sep 20, 2014 2:14 PM
Oct 2010
alphazero4um said:
I don't know what happened. Are Daichi and Hana alive? If they survived where are they? I hope they return to earth? Because I don't know where it is going anymore. I give this series an 8 out of 10. I don't know about this series as much because there are still many questions that needs to be answered.

They are alive through what I can only see as more livlaster bullshit (this is the most ridiculous asspull device ever btw). I'll just throw out a guess here and say the livlaster pulled them into the world where it originally pulled daichi in episode 1.
Sep 20, 2014 2:18 PM

Jan 2014
I'm gonna agree that this anime could have been better. Nonetheless it was still good. Animation was good, personalities and characters may not have been the best but at least they were fairly natural. Sountrack was GORGEOUS, the voice cast simply amazing, I don't get an anime with exactly my two favourite seiyu in main roles (Maaya Sakamoto and Kenichi Suzumura for reference).

I'm gonna miss this. I do hope they release an OVA or something post ending, because it was nice but felt unfinished. And I'd like to see the lives of everybody post the battle (Planetary Gears included).

7/10.
Sep 20, 2014 2:20 PM
Oct 2010
Speaking of the OST, did anyone notice they changed the ED for the last 5 or so episodes? Felt really off.
Sep 20, 2014 2:30 PM

Jan 2014
skudoops said:
Speaking of the OST, did anyone notice they changed the ED for the last 5 or so episodes? Felt really off.
Did they? I did not notice at all since I entirely skipped it.

The OST itself comes this 26th of Sept. I'm so gonna get it.
Sep 20, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah I hope there's some kind of epilogue sequel/OVA. It needs it.
Sep 20, 2014 2:36 PM

Dec 2010
That was a great ending! I love when a series has time to wrap itself up nicely, and unfortunately a lot of BONES shows are unable to do that.

All in all, I quite enjoyed this series and I'm going to miss it. It had a pretty good start, an okay middle, and an awesome ending. Even if the shouting about feelings was a bit cheesy...

Characters were likeable, and not whiny, animation was gorgeous. Plus we had the benefit of having hand drawn mecha which doesn't happen nearly enough.

Puck was never fully realized as a villain, and the Kiltgang, while I enjoyed them, could have been cut down by a few members so that the ones who remained had more development.

So I'm giving the series an 8/10. Wish we would get an epilogue OVA though, but I'm satisfied with this ending.
Sep 20, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
It got a hold of Hana. Though not liveluster. So he wants to get rid of those with liveluster. As I expected, he needs to kiss her to get Hana back.

OP1!

New ED, and everyone who thought of died are alive.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2014 2:38 PM
Oct 2010
BGMaxie said:
skudoops said:
Did they? I did not notice at all since I entirely skipped it.

The OST itself comes this 26th of Sept. I'm so gonna get it.

Yeah dunno if it's slower or what but it's definitely different. Unless I'm losing my mind here.
Sep 20, 2014 3:11 PM
Oct 2010
Ran through the last two episodes of the show in succession and enjoyed them. The final episode was pretty awesome, even if it was cheesy as others would put it but the show wasn't too strong overall. I came in expecting the best as it is Bones, Ouran High School's director (Fabulous Takuya) and a RahXephon esque work.

It could have done more to establish the terminology and factions in the series (even for a two cour mecha series) and to ensure that we consider the enemies to be perceivable threats and interesting characters after joining the dark side.

I'm giving it a 7/10, but it was already going to get that without a fairly strong ending episode or much earlier.

Tohka_Yatogami said:
Daichi kissed Puck.

The best pairing in the series, finally fulfilled.

BGMaxie said:

I'm gonna miss this. I do hope they release an OVA or something post ending, because it was nice but felt unfinished. And I'd like to see the lives of everybody post the battle (Planetary Gears included).

Captain Earth: Mind Labyrinth will release on February 26th 2015, it is a PlayStation Vita visual novel but should provide some answers along with original scenarios: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZC0OdRWR1A
Sep 20, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
thelastgogeta said:
It could have done more to establish the terminology and factions in the series (even for a two cour mecha series) and to ensure that we consider the enemies to be perceivable threats and interesting characters after joining the dark side.

I agree. I thought that there was too much made-up terminology (orgos, libido etc.) and not enough explanation for them. Really, it was unfocused as a whole and I didn't really grasp it because I was watching it once per week.
Sep 20, 2014 3:24 PM

Nov 2012
10/10

My Candies:

Sep 20, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
This is honestly the worst anime I have ever seen.

I don't think I have ever seen so much wasted potential used with so many good resources. After recently watching Eureka Seven and Noragami I was hoping for great things from this series. But I guess this goes to show you to stop hyping things up before they are released. We are currently looking up at the bottom of the barrel for bones, I really hope they can recover from this from what I've seen they took a really big hit from this shows failure and it kinda worries me cause I still really like other stuff I've seen from them.

But long story short this was humongous disappointment and glad that its finally over. Overall 3/10
Sep 20, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
knktzvra said:
10/10

You appreciate everything. Good on you!
Sep 20, 2014 3:36 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
Bad ending in my opinion but the action was cool.. i will not miss this series
6.8/10
XiraiSep 20, 2014 3:39 PM
Sep 20, 2014 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
i'm glad this show is over. it had lots of potential but the boring plot, boring characters, nakama power and OP livlasters ruined the show.

bones wasted a huge budget on captain earth. i hope they come out with something more like blast of tempest next time
Sep 20, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2013
NeultraDude said:
So they die?
I wish...
Sep 20, 2014 3:47 PM
Mar 2012
The series was a complete mess, so many episodes wasted on just character intros of the villains, and an incomprehensible plot.
Sep 20, 2014 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
The kiss was the only thing that kept me holding on the show.
Meh... ┐('~`;)┌

Sep 20, 2014 4:16 PM

Mar 2012
It was a surprisingly good episode for what the anime was overall.
Pretty good ending too. Should I call it "epic ending" instead? It's unfortunately that the anime overall wasn't as good as this episode, this would've been awesome.

b1GZZSep 20, 2014 4:20 PM
Sep 20, 2014 4:21 PM

Oct 2011
after abomination that was finale of Aldnoah.Zero came this... and I liked it.

knowing about that orgone stuff helped even if from time to time series made little sense.
still characters were fine, it didn't try to be "dark and mature".
also had happy ending, always good thing for me.

in the end I will give it either 6/10 or 7/10.
Sep 20, 2014 4:24 PM

Jun 2012
The potential was wasted.
Sep 20, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
It's finally over. I just wanted to bring it to an end since the last 4 episodes ^^
Sep 20, 2014 4:34 PM

Aug 2007
Not a bad ep it followed Star Driver style faithfully. Too bad overall it was really more disappointing. There was so much wasted potential all around.
Sep 20, 2014 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
And there I was, trying to defend this piece of shit.

Waste of potential and terrible way to end things.

AND PLUS:

NEEDS MORE GINGA BISHOUNEN GORGEOUSNESS!

4/10
Sep 20, 2014 4:53 PM

Aug 2012
For twenty five weeks I wanted to enjoy this show and watch it gradually Blume into something at least solid enough to remember with some nostalgia, the way Nobunaga the Fool did(for me). But man, Captain Earth just couldn't for its life capitalize on some interesting concepts, a well put together setting, or any momentum it had built up through character development/build up or plot progression.

It's just a classic case of not wanting to take any risks, and like mayukachan said, a complete lack of sustained focus or consistent buildup on the right things. I can see the merit in building on Puck Masaki's weakness in dealing with human relationships in the same way that Siren, Bugbear, and Malkin got their buildup, but it meant nothing in the end as he simply devolved into a bad plot device villain for Daichi to beat with the power of his feelings. The telepathic kiss could have been a great plot point and had quite a bit of impact here had it been treated more importantly and explored more, but it was just a plot device to use when needed. Everyone was expecting something big to happen with the Livlasters, but all we got was the little girl seemingly pulling Daichi and Hana into her little singularity(?)to save them, and getting one shot smiling behind them. Absolutely nothing explored there, when it was talked up the whole series Globe, the Planetary Gears, and Puck. Just a convenient plot device to give The Midsummer Knights a just, universal backing in all of their decisions and motives. Puck not being able to use Hana's Livlaster was so obvious it made Puck an even more horrid viillain, but it's not like that made any difference in stopping him(a lot like the Ego Block explosions).

But, at least they tried to put something together in which the Planetary Gears got some redemption and a decent resolution. The best part about the episode was Amara's development and decision to go all out for Moco's sake. It didn't have much buildup on his part, but his characterization throughout the series made the suddenness of his actions quite fulfilling. Can't say much good about the rest though, as Siren and Bugbear's development meant nothing for their characters, only for the plot. And the other three were completely wasted space. But if nothing else, we at least got us some Amara x Moco.

I think my biggest problem with the finale was the roles of our four mains. Damsel Hana transitioned to Daichi's partner in destroying Puck which was okay but it was too convenient after having lost the Blume, Daichi did everything with ease and didn't have to make any choices or sacrifices, making the dream segment even more meaningless, and Teppei and Akari were given side character roles and didn't do much at all.

I did enjoy this series as it was able to spark some discussion from me at times, but it still did disappoint my already moderate hopes.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

37 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.