Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 24, 2014 2:40 AM

Jan 2013
Battlechili1 said:

Udgey said:
I'm a fan of Ivalice when Final Fantasy pulls it right, which it did in Final Fantasy tactics. I hated the version of Ivalice in XII. And I think calling it like Star Wars is a bit too much of a stretch

The story on a basic level was a group of people forming a rebellion against an evil Empire after it took over.
Heck, Balthier was practically Han Solo.
uhh what? Almost every Final Fantasy has been a rebellion against an evil empire.
Sep 24, 2014 2:44 AM

Jan 2013
Rukie said:

Udgey said:
I'm still confused as to how Japanese game designers in their 40s are obsessing over teens

They don't make the games for themselves. They aren't the ones who are obsessing.
except a lot of developers in Square create their games based on their artistic vision instead of audience catering.
Sep 24, 2014 3:02 AM
Apr 2008
Battlechili1 said:
EDIT: For those worried that Final Fantasy XV's combat will be too simple or literally only need one button:http://i.imgur.com/F6oW9QK.png

I would wait for the game to get released first to see if its true
Sep 24, 2014 3:28 AM
Sep 2007
Funny thing is, we all know we'll buy the game full price no matter if it ends up shitty.

Same for the people who were unhappy about FFXIII...
It's only a matter of time...

They WILL buy FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3.

That's the only thing that matters.

It was never about people enjoying or not enjoying Final Fantasy series, it was about the fact that you (everyone who played FF games) will give your money to Square Enix sooner or later because it's Final Fantasy.
KleferiSep 24, 2014 3:45 AM
Sep 24, 2014 7:22 AM

Jun 2011
Psajdak said:
Funny thing is, we all know we'll buy the game full price no matter if it ends up shitty.

That's the only thing that matters.

It was never about people enjoying or not enjoying Final Fantasy series, it was about the fact that you (everyone who played FF games) will give your money to Square Enix sooner or later because it's Final Fantasy.

Speak for yourself. I didn't buy FFXIII and XIII-2 until they were under $20, and I still haven't bought LR. I doubt I'll even bother with FFXV at all, since it looks terrible from what I've seen so far.
Sep 24, 2014 7:50 AM

Aug 2014
I didn't buy FFXIII and XIII-2.

I have a feeling this is also going to be shit. So yeah if so looks like I'll be skipping Final Fantasy XV Boyband Roadtrip as well.
FoxfireSep 24, 2014 7:55 AM
Sep 24, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
“In terms of making it less thoughtful and strategic, I definitely want to pursue that direction. With Final Fantasy 15, I want to make to make it more casual. Of course, the depth of the game is going to be there – but I want to make it so players can easily enjoy the depth of the game."

“The current status of Final Fantasy 15′s development is about 55% at this point."

Just something that caught my eye from this new interview. Some of things in there seem to be a few days old already, tho and were already posted.
Sep 24, 2014 8:43 AM

Feb 2005
Fai said:
^implying FF12 required strategy once you figured out the combination that worked for everything.
But then you actually had to come up with it. Watching the game play itself after you've devised a genius tactic is worlds apart from simply watching the game play itself. Believe it or not, but I actually had loads of fun collecting the various gambit parts and devising all kinds of interesting battle patterns. And then there were several boss battles that requires very specific stuff, Ultima for example cast zombie on you so you were fucked if you just kept your guys casting curaga on themselves.
Meanwhile in XIII it never really mattered what you did as long as you switched into the "right" classes at the right time, and doing anything other than the right combination just got you a bad score.
Battlechili1 said:
Though they didn't give it an explanation in the game itself, so I can see why this theory might not mean much.
Aye that's the problem. If they'd added in those stupid judges from FFTA then at least it could make sense, but alas.
And by mastering types of equipment I was more thinking about just purchasing licenses like normal, only for types of equipment as opposed to specific stuff.
Sep 24, 2014 8:44 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Battlechili1 said:

Vaan was a foil for Princess Ashe and helped her
See this: http://i.imgur.com/gq0pS3M.png

That means nothing. Vaan had nothing to do with the main story, even if he was a foil. He felt more like a supporting character.

Psajdak said:

That's the only thing that matters..

Then how do you explain that XIII-2 and LR had lower sales than the first XIII?

BeatzMe said:

“The current status of Final Fantasy 15′s development is about 55% at this point."

It proves that Nomura didn't care about the game all these years and he was focusing himself on random KH games. And sadly there are still people who think that the full version will be released in 2015.
Sep 24, 2014 9:48 AM

Jul 2007
TO be honest I WILL buy the XIII trilogy on steam, simply because:
- it will look gorgeous on PC resolutions and framerate.
- I enjoyed the lore of XIII world and subversions of FF cliches (especially XIII-2 ending).
- Despite it's shaky gameplay decisions and character development(lack of it) for the lead, the trilogy actually managed to deliver a non-sexist approach to female characters in Final Fantasy game, which I have not seen since FF6(well technically FF12 had some of that but not enough).
- I loved the combat system in XIII-2 and especially in LR.
- More japanese companies developing things for PC market should always be encouraged.
- XIII trilogy will most likely be last Final Fantasy games I had interest in.
Sep 24, 2014 10:08 AM
Sep 2007
Asseylum_ said:
Then how do you explain that XIII-2 and LR had lower sales than the first XIII?
Impossible, that simply can't be true.

And everyone buying every FF game (except maybe some side titles, or online types like FFXI and FFXIV) is nothing bad at all, it's just natural, it's how the world works...

As for FFXIII and its sequels, I didn't play them yet, and will I buy them depends completely on wether will PC version (because it'll most likely be superior to PS3 version) have option for japanese voices, if it doesn't I'll get myself patched undub version which will most likely be unofficially be released, meaning I won't be actually buying it.
But if it does, SE, take all my money!

Anyway, I heard that FFXIII is quite linear, but I don't mind that, plus Lightning seems to be really cool, and one of the reason I want to play games with her with japanese voices is because I can totally imagine her with the voice of Maaya Sakamoto.

Well, I'm currently marathoning (replaying) all the main FF games in order from the FFI and I'm still on FFIII, so there will be quite a lot of time before I get to the latest released FF games.
Sep 24, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
TO be honest I WILL buy the XIII trilogy on steam, simply because:
- it will look gorgeous on PC resolutions and framerate.
- I enjoyed the lore of XIII world and subversions of FF cliches (especially XIII-2 ending).
- Despite it's shaky gameplay decisions and character development(lack of it) for the lead, the trilogy actually managed to deliver a non-sexist approach to female characters in Final Fantasy game, which I have not seen since FF6(well technically FF12 had some of that but not enough).
- I loved the combat system in XIII-2 and especially in LR.
- More japanese companies developing things for PC market should always be encouraged.
- XIII trilogy will most likely be last Final Fantasy games I had interest in.
I too will buy Final Fantasy 13 not for the plot or whatever but so I can play the game on high settings since the game is definitely gorgeous.
Sep 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
Udgey said:
Fai said:
TO be honest I WILL buy the XIII trilogy
I too will buy

Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Sep 24, 2014 3:26 PM

May 2014
V u V .. Versus . ♥
✖GAMESTART✖
{ V O L U M E | W O R L D }
The Ω Drifter
Bad Habits: Daydreaming, Cloud 9, loose cannon , Critical - Video Games;
♚ ??? | Canada
▲ ACE • SPADE • CLUB • DIAMOND ▼ ™
> Twitch.tv
> Main Tumblr

Sep 24, 2014 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
Cakedog said:
Udgey said:
I too will buy

Except I kinda like to support the industry
Sep 24, 2014 5:41 PM

Aug 2013
The final fantasy prelude piece gets me every time.
Sep 25, 2014 1:29 AM

Feb 2014
Battlechili1 said:

Rukie said:

With FFXII, if you set up the gambits right you could just walk away for hours and hours.The combat played itself.

Ah, but due to the lack of random encounters this didn't work if you wanted to continue leveling up and whatnot. You had to travel and find enemies at times. You couldn't just leave it alone. Not only that, but against certain enemies, especially bosses and the occasional weird map enemy, could really fuck someone up if they weren't there to make immediate and quick actions in order, prioritizing some attacks over others and prioritizing what moves to use when. Gambits were great, but they couldn't figure out little things like what order to do things in.
It could also get you into trouble by having you use magic in areas where elementals were or other things like that. There was very frequently something that required more than gambits for combat. Acquiring gambits in itself took time.

I didn't mean you could leave anywhere. I just meant there are guides out there for how to set your gambits in a fight with Negalmuur and then leave it on overnight to gain levels...which just always seemed really ridiculous to me XD
To each their own though...it's not like XII had the first battle system I really didn't care for in an ff game or anything.
Sep 26, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
The trailer looks incredibly awesome. I'm so exicted, I can't wait any longer. I mean, they have been working on it for more than 7 years now. I'm sure FF15's gonna be one hell of a game.

Sep 27, 2014 5:32 AM
Sep 2007
I really doubt they worked so long on it...

They most likely just made some trailers and teasers to keep fans occupied, otherwise they wouldn't be at only 55% of finished development right now, if even that is true.

During that time some other developers made, like, 3 games in their series.
Sep 27, 2014 7:06 AM

Jul 2007
Its more like the author was spending time fangirling on Kingdom Hearts while this was gathering dust on shelf.
Then he grew bored of it, decided to go do more kingdom hearts and threw FF-BoyBand to new person, who decided to turn it into facebook cow-clicker.
Sep 28, 2014 7:51 AM

Feb 2005
CookingPriest said:
Then he grew bored of it, decided to go do more kingdom hearts and threw FF-BoyBand to new person, who decided to turn it into facebook cow-clicker.
They should add in a new social media gameplay element. So you can press another button to tweet or post status on Fantasybook about the shit you do ingame.
"Just ganked a dinosaur and some imperial soldiers lol" #bestroadtripever #empirearepigs
Sep 28, 2014 7:56 AM

Feb 2013
Baman said:
CookingPriest said:
They should add in a new social media gameplay element. So you can press another button to tweet or post status on Fantasybook about the shit you do ingame.
"Just ganked a dinosaur and some imperial soldiers lol" #bestroadtripever #empirearepigs
Fantasybook...this will be the beginning of the end.
Sep 28, 2014 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
Zeebrah said:
"Final"

This comment made my day
Sep 28, 2014 8:11 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Psajdak said:

They most likely just made some trailers and teasers to keep fans occupied, otherwise they wouldn't be at only 55% of finished development right now, if even that is true.

CookingPriest said:
Its more like the author was spending time fangirling on Kingdom Hearts while this was gathering dust on shelf.

Definitely the game is not even 55% complete. If it was, they would show details of the story, more characters details, etc. like it happens with Tales of Zestiria for example. It's probably a little more than that upcoming demo of what they have finished, since they definitely removed all of that content from the past trailers.
Sep 28, 2014 8:18 AM

Jan 2013
Asseylum_ said:
Psajdak said:

CookingPriest said:

Definitely the game is not even 55% complete. If it was, they would show details of the story, more characters details, etc. like it happens with Tales of Zestiria for example. It's probably a little more than that upcoming demo of what they have finished, since they definitely removed all of that content from the past trailers.
And that's just development. With the amount of time it takes to optimize for the PS4 and Xbone along with ENGLISH translations and dubbing... It's most likely at 35% for a western release and 50% for Japan (Cuz they don't give a shit about the Xbone)
Sep 28, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
Psajdak said:

They've been working too long on this game! You can look it up as well.

Sep 28, 2014 4:17 PM

Mar 2013
I heard that the game take 40 hours to fully
complete, hope they will add more dungeons, boss fights, quests....
and not as dlc so it will not end up as XIII .
Sep 28, 2014 4:20 PM
Mar 2011
40 hours bull most people who are any way deecrt at the gamw would mostt lizilb 100% in under 35 like most FF game that are not X2 or XII
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 28, 2014 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
Nisx said:
Thats still short compared to the average PS1 rpg. Final fantasy 7 was 50 hours, Xenogears was 60 hours, Dragon quest/warrior 7 was 120 hours, it took me 90 hours to do EVERYTHING on star ocean 2... and thats on one save flie! You could recruit different characters the next time you play. Theres plenty more to mention, but if people think 40 hours is long for an rpg it just shows how much square enix (mainly just the square side) has been watering down their games.

Oh, did i mention that all of those games have NO DLC!
Sep 29, 2014 6:37 AM

Jan 2013
AbhLeaderKrelian said:
Nisx said:
Thats still short compared to the average PS1 rpg. Final fantasy 7 was 50 hours, Xenogears was 60 hours, Dragon quest/warrior 7 was 120 hours, it took me 90 hours to do EVERYTHING on star ocean 2... and thats on one save flie! You could recruit different characters the next time you play. Theres plenty more to mention, but if people think 40 hours is long for an rpg it just shows how much square enix (mainly just the square side) has been watering down their games.

Oh, did i mention that all of those games have NO DLC!
I think he got his facts wrong. No FF game has taken less than 40 hours. Except for maybe the first 3 but that's because of technical limitations.
Sep 29, 2014 8:01 AM

Jun 2011
I like how it was originally planned to release on PS2.
Sep 29, 2014 8:02 AM

Sep 2009
So can't wait to get this game.
"Lelouch, do you know why snow is white? Snow is white, because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be."
Oct 29, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2014
Been waiting for this game ever since it was Final Fantasy versus XIII.

I take it won't be turn based? That's new. Exciting new. I think they learned freeplay is better when they made Kingdom Hearts. At least I enjoy freeplay better.
Oct 29, 2014 3:32 PM

Oct 2014
The story looks really cool too "a guy and his bros having adevntures" type of story would be a nice change and the fighting looks so good the way the computer transitions with helping you and attacking. Hopefully it breaks the curse lol I have faith!
"A mulberry is a tree and Kuwabara is a man"
Oct 29, 2014 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
eljay518 said:
The story looks really cool too "a guy and his bros having adevntures" type of story would be a nice change and the fighting looks so good the way the computer transitions with helping you and attacking. Hopefully it breaks the curse lol I have faith!
At least it doesn't seem like it'll be FF13's initial story which was traveling the world so Snow could get laid with a high schooler
Oct 29, 2014 6:24 PM
Jun 2014
It looks like maybe a return to FF12 style combat? It seemed like there was at least one 2-person move in there at least though so I'm not sure.
Oct 29, 2014 8:05 PM

Nov 2012
I'll permit myself to be excited for this game once it gets a release date and we get within 2 months of said release date.

I've seen so many damn games delayed multiple times that I just refuse to get my hopes up anymore.
Oct 30, 2014 1:20 AM

Oct 2014
I'm going for it either way. I really liked the last one also playing this on my Xbox one should look real nice.
Yup
Oct 30, 2014 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
I think it looks pretty damn intense, although I'm worried for it, since it's been in game purgatory for so long. At the very least, the combat is definitely going to be fun, and the visuals and voices are spot-on.

I don't doubt that the world will be interesting either. Whether or not the lore and the actual story itself are both equally good, however, has yet to be seen.

But seriously, what's with everyone complaining about no female party members? Equality is great, and I support it completely, but you don't HAVE to have a token female character. C'mon people, that's just stupid. If it's a story about a group of male friends, there's no need to add a girl just for the sake of it.

Do I like female characters? Yeah, I do. But if one isn't necessary, there's no reason to stop and write one in just to please every single person in the world. What if there's no gay character? Are they homophobes now? No. That's silly.

Not everything has to be all political and shit.

Sorry for ranting. >.>
Oct 30, 2014 9:38 AM

Oct 2014
Udgey said:
eljay518 said:
At least it doesn't seem like it'll be FF13's initial story which was traveling the world so Snow could get laid with a high schooler

Hahahaha! That's exactly what the storyline was too.
Oct 30, 2014 10:15 AM

Oct 2014
midnightblade said:
I'll permit myself to be excited for this game once it gets a release date and we get within 2 months of said release date.

I've seen so many damn games delayed multiple times that I just refuse to get my hopes up anymore.

It's supposedly supposed to be released December 2015.....as well as Kingdom Hearts III.

But you're right. They keep pushing it further back
Oct 30, 2014 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
Never played a Final Fantasy game, but this looks like it could be pretty fun. Didn't have any plans to, though now I'm thinking about buying a PS4 for this and Kingdom Hearts III.
Nov 7, 2014 11:20 AM

Oct 2014
NebulaC3I said:
Never played a Final Fantasy game, but this looks like it could be pretty fun. Didn't have any plans to, though now I'm thinking about buying a PS4 for this and Kingdom Hearts III.

Have you played the other kingdom hearts games?

And the only final fantasy game I really got into was FFVIII and X. FFXV just looks and feels different then the rest.
Nov 16, 2014 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
Working_Designs said:
For me, Final Fantasy died a long time ago. Final Fantasy is a lot like Windows, getting worse with every new release that comes out.

I totally agree with this and if Square Enix expects me to buy this game expensively, think again folks, not to mention I play RPGs very casually these days.
Kurt_IrvingNov 16, 2014 11:23 AM
Nov 16, 2014 1:09 PM

Oct 2014
I've never been so tempted to buy a new console. I mean, don;t get me wrong, that KH game is forever in my heart, but this.....
If this game works, it will break the boundaries.
It is a masterpiece of a world inside a disc. What wonders people can bring to the world.
Life isn't worth living if one isn't dreaming. Life isn't worth dreaming if one isn't doing.
Nov 16, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2014
I came,I saw,I came again.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which laptop should I go for?

Teckmeister - Yesterday

10 by deg »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - Yesterday

7 by Driz »»
55 minutes ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

18 by Coaghim »»
12 hours ago

» GTA V vs GTA IV

tectacles - May 2

13 by Euroqean »»
Yesterday, 2:11 PM

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - Yesterday

6 by Otakupervert890 »»
Yesterday, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.