Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 6, 2014 3:50 AM

Jul 2010
I totally DIG the new OP, Back On are really great.
As for the episode, I'm huge disappointed in how easily Laxus won after all that build up for Jura, I mean he's one of the ten wizards saints .. but what am I expecting, this is FT after all.

Lector and Sting reunion was touching though.
Jul 6, 2014 5:04 AM
Jun 2014
Lol. People like the OP more than the episode.
Jul 6, 2014 5:40 AM

Feb 2010
That annoying yellow tint on this whole episode.
Thought my eyes broke wtf.

^Watched with Horriblesubs 720
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 6, 2014 6:47 AM

Jan 2014
I read manga but i had tears on eyes when they won games, anime is made too good and new opening is good also :)
Jul 6, 2014 7:43 AM
Apr 2012
Well the new OP is spoilerific!It just ruins so much awesomeness for anime only watchers.

Fantastic episode as always. Fairy Tail beating down all in their way. Sting did the right thing, sometimes you just know that not fighting is the best choice.
Jul 6, 2014 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
Oh come on, Jura couldnt have been that easy to beat :/, same with minerva. I think they just wanted to wrap up the grand magic games and get onto the eclipse project.

3/5 over all
Jul 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2012
That OP was badass.
Jul 6, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2011
I guess the little guy in the new OP is the King and the guy with his snake girl that is in Fairy Tail.

Oh, that's Lector on Milliana's back lol.

Good uppercut Laxus! You can win and bring victory to Fairy Tail!

Erza's second origin :O?!

That Nakagami Armor looks awesome and OP!

Gray and Juvia are going are combining their magic to win!

Woooooohooooooooo!!!! Laxus is the winner!!!!

LOL, bye bye Lyon and Cheria XD.

Hahaha, a guide book on armors.

But... but... Sting isn't out yet...

So Sting thinks he can win alone against all of Fairy Tail team members?

They're all gathering before Sting with sad music in the background T.T

Fairy Tail is the winner of the Grand Magic Games!!!

Sting and Lector T.T

Crap, they're bringing the Eclipse Cannon to the surface.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 6, 2014 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome_G said:
Disappointing episode. I felt like the fights felt extremely rushed and Sting sucked! Like the new op though but not as much as the last one. 2/5

Hey, at least this is not One Piece, where they eternally drag EVERTYTHING :S

Awesome new opening, awesome episode.
Jul 6, 2014 7:17 PM

Dec 2013
Finally Fairy Tail is getting epic again.

Maybe it's because I watched the episode before this one and this one back to back just now, but I don't see why everyone is complaining about the fights so much. Sure, the final moments of each fight were a bit rushed, but when paired with all of what was shown before hand they were great fights. The ending with Sting giving up was sort of expected, there's no way he could win and he knew it.

However, I do agree that we could have done without the constant flashing of Natsu's group fighting the same guards over and over, and the princess reiterating the same point about her future contact again and again.

Lot of epic moments in these last two episodes, oh the feels.

10/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 6, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2011
A good op but spoilers!! well i think ft's openings were all like that but i would like to have the surprise. Should have read the manga during the hiatus. Anyway, the fights were rushed and they won too easily i was hoping more epic parts. it disapointed me a lot.
Also i love Sting very much but i would love to see him being more badass but well... at least his reunite with Lector made me emotive
Jul 7, 2014 2:58 AM
Oct 2013
LLawlied said:
Is the new OP that spoilerish? I haven't read the manga up to this chapter so I don't feel like they spoiled anything aside, maybe future Lucy's death? But that was hinted in the next episode preview so I'm okay with that.
The thing is, manga readers think it's full of spoilers because they know what each scene from the OP refers to, but for anime-only people, it's just a tease rather than spoilers, imo.
Jul 7, 2014 7:49 AM

Jan 2013
Awesome sight seeing all of them together staying strong even though they had no more energy for another fight. That scene was worth it!
Watched 13 and 14 one after another ^_^.
Jul 7, 2014 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
-The characters has never looked this shitty before.

Who is this even?
-The opening was better than the first one. Doesn't say much though.

I mean jeez.. Can they get any more ridiculous with this? ''I just got a new suit for some apparent fucking reason''

The fuck was up with Sting? He was like ''Yeah, I'm gonna show Lector or whatever how awesome I am. I've been waiting for this moment the entire match!''
And then he was like ''Nah, fuck this. I don't care about my annoying little shithead of a friend''
They're pushing the Exceeds so hard that I've stopped caring about them.

And are breasts getting bigger and bigger as time goes on? Seriously.. I swear Erza had normal-sized boobs in season 1, even in the previous fucking episode!

So much constant shit.. All the time.

Pure shit. This episode gets a 3/10. The first season was really good! How could it have come to this shitfest?

You can tell they had a budget cut..
Jul 7, 2014 9:32 AM

Mar 2014
miskos3 said:
LLawlied said:
Is the new OP that spoilerish? I haven't read the manga up to this chapter so I don't feel like they spoiled anything aside, maybe future Lucy's death? But that was hinted in the next episode preview so I'm okay with that.
The thing is, manga readers think it's full of spoilers because they know what each scene from the OP refers to, but for anime-only people, it's just a tease rather than spoilers, imo.

Well, that's the problem with manga reader, if they make a fuss of it, then of course, anime-only watcher would take notice and what seemed like a normal OP tease eventually become spoiler to them.
Jul 7, 2014 12:43 PM

May 2014
Wow ... that was an epic episode!!!

Laxus beats one of the 10 Saints.
Gray and Juvia get together and amazingly Juvia keeps her calm! :))
Erza is reborn and beats that annoying b*tch! ... finally what she deserve!
And Sting surrenders ... he is a good guy.
Damn ... everybody was so badass this episode!!!

I like the new OP and ED. Rap-Rock fits FT very well.

Next: Future ***** appears! I demand more epicness from him.
Jul 7, 2014 4:08 PM
Jun 2014
I can tell the people who think this episode was good are just watching but not paying attention.
Jul 7, 2014 10:58 PM

Jan 2008
LLawlied said:
miskos3 said:

Well, that's the problem with manga reader, if they make a fuss of it, then of course, anime-only watcher would take notice and what seemed like a normal OP tease eventually become spoiler to them.

I don't read the manga and I consider Fairy Tail opening to be full of spoilers as they basically tell you exactly whats gonna happen so you basically already know the outcome. Although since I've gotten this far in the series, I honestly don't care very much anymore, the overall outcome is already obvious.

Laughed at the opening though, the part where Lucy and Yukino hold hands. The emphasis on the bewbs bouncing. I do love Back-On though, the band that did the OP. Been so long I didn't know it was them until they started rapping.
PaulJul 7, 2014 11:02 PM
Jul 8, 2014 1:31 AM

May 2012
laxus too stronk! #_#
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2014 5:10 AM

Mar 2014
Paul said:
LLawlied said:

I don't read the manga and I consider Fairy Tail opening to be full of spoilers as they basically tell you exactly whats gonna happen so you basically already know the outcome. Although since I've gotten this far in the series, I honestly don't care very much anymore, the overall outcome is already obvious.

Maybe because Fairy Tail is quite predictable, so that's why I think the OP doesn't feel too spoilerish
Jul 8, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
Sooo how did Jura lost?Why did Sting surrender?
Meh,Nevermind.....Hot Juvia is still Hot so its ok.
Jul 8, 2014 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
The episode was awesome ^A^
Jul 9, 2014 5:33 PM
Jul 2014
Loved that episode!!
Hope that Sting would join FT And befriend with Natsu :D!!
exept this it was suck that Sting just gave up..
Jul 9, 2014 8:29 PM
Jul 2014
New OP is nice. The spoilers though!

I dont know, but the fights feel really rushed this episode. One minute they're in a desperate situation, and ten seconds later, they acquire special moves and beat the other teams as if they were nothing.

I like the moment with Lector & Sting. Sting surrendering seemed reasonable to me. It seems as if he's turning over a new leaf.
Jul 10, 2014 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
Man this was disappointing... i read the comeback from the manga for this arc like... 7 times or more and yet this episode was EXTREMELY RUSHED... though i did like some of it... but it was mostly ruined... 2/5 at it's best.

Jul 10, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
Awesome episode,i was having goosebumps through the whole episode.
And the new op was nice.
SaskeeJul 10, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 10, 2014 12:28 PM
Jan 2014
I'm dropping this show. It's getting cheesier each episode. Jura, who is claimed to be strongest human wizard, lost to Laxus in a minute. Laxus is my favourite character in this show but that was so f**** ridiculous.

We saw the same cheesy ''We are a guild, we have friendship so we automatically win.'' line again like all of the previous episodes.

I was like ''WTF?'' at the Sting part. One of the most stupid moments in an anime and people believe it was dramatic, LOL.

This show used to be really good...
Jul 10, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2008
M3rett0 said:
I'm dropping this show. It's getting cheesier each episode. Jura, who is claimed to be strongest human wizard, lost to Laxus in a minute. Laxus is my favourite character in this show but that was so f**** ridiculous.

We saw the same cheesy ''We are a guild, we have friendship so we automatically win.'' line again like all of the previous episodes.

I was like ''WTF?'' at the Sting part. One of the most stupid moments in an anime and people believe it was dramatic, LOL.

Bye bye Skip out before the arc is even over.
Jul 10, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
Dammit, they took away my Masayume Chasing!!!! NOOOOOOOO >.<
Jul 10, 2014 2:37 PM
Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
M3rett0 said:

Bye bye Skip out before the arc is even over.

Uninteresting arc with uninteresting plot and uninteresting characters.
Jul 10, 2014 3:50 PM
Aug 2013
The best episode since pandemonium!!!

Fairy tail is just one of those shows where every episode gets better!!

But this episode took the cake. We finally got to hear the words we waited a year and half to hear. FAIRY TAIL WINS.

I cried, it was beautiful. That is the true power of friendship, that is the true power of fairy tail
Jul 12, 2014 1:17 PM
Mar 2010
Hated this is in the manga, hate it in the anime. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated with a series then in the past couple of episodes. Awful, awful fights and bullshit conclusions. Jura, who has been stated to literally be the strognest human mage in the entire world, doesn't even get a good fight, and is stomped in 10 seconds without any form of tactics or strategy thanks to the power of friendship. Which makes even less sense than usual because Laxus isn't even fighting for anything important, he's just fighting another heroic character for n overall meaningless title who also has a guild and friends he cares dearly about, but I guess the power of friendship only works if you're in Fairy Tail. Erza's fights against Kagura and Minverva were both pitiful, in the former she just gets dominated completely until she all of a sudden instantly defeats her opponent for absolutely no reason, and in the latter she reveals that "oh by the way, I haven't even been trying" and uses a new asspull powerup that lets her nullify anything, throwing any tiny concept of strategy that remained out the window. And the bit with Sting was so cringeworthy I could barely even finish it. I never drop series once I've been following them for this long, but this brought me seriously close.

Ok rant over
Jul 12, 2014 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
What a garbage fucking episode.

Laxus beats one of the Wizard Saints in one hit.

Erza gets a random ass armor and wins her fight in one hit.

The Gray and Juvia fight was stupid.

And then Sting just gives up and doesn't do shit

The best part of the episode was Sting getting his cat back. I really hope the next arc is better than this one.
Jul 14, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode ever! <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 15, 2014 2:40 PM
May 2014
That new OP.. quite good. What is MJ doing .-. ?
Jul 20, 2014 8:43 AM
Dec 2013
Love the OP and ED. And manga readers would know what the ED is about :) touching moment.
Gray x Juvia was awesome here. Lector and Sting reunion was emotional.

Things are about to go down.
Jul 20, 2014 8:14 PM

Feb 2013
Ugh why... I predicted pretty much everything, and all the "fights" were garbage.
As others have stated and i agree Completely. Jura is a Bloody Wizard saint and stated to be the Strongest "human" is beaten by Laxus as if it was nothing just by him getting up and being Buffed by "friendship". Juvia and Gray's Fig- know what i literally could just say the same thing about most of the fights and it would be correct Except for Erza's fight(which was one of the fights i was looking forwards to as well sadly) which she gets some extreme armor (again) which defies all reason as too why she would let Kagura talk shit to her and smack her around for so long. only thing i didn't predict which was rather Dreadful was Sting giving up i mean for fuck's sake if your gonna make all of fairy tail fight for their Friends why the HELL wouldn't sting do the same that literally made me wanna drop sadly i don't drop.

Anyway the NEW OP Analysis:
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jul 22, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2014
Eeehhh. New OP is here. I know you guys Manga reader will complain that this OP contains lot of spoiler. But I personally as an anime only audience feel perfectly fine with the spoiler. It makes me curious and want to know more about what happen in the next episode that will come. I like the new song tho. And I see Lucy backhugging Natsu. Yeay. <3

Waahhh. Laxus vs Jura battle was awesome. I love how he said Natsu trademark line. Moe te ki ta ze or moe te ki te ru or something along that line.

Yes, Minerva. You should afraid. Nothing beat Erza when she's angry. Look, she even use her second origin and her new branded armor. You better run now. Because she's THAT awesome.

For one, Juvia don't go into her crazy fangirl mode. I love seeing their teamwork. Their elements match well too. ^^

When FT team standing there with bruises, wounds and stick under that full moon, I got a serious goosebumps. Badass as hell.
Sting lost in mental battle. He and Rogue had so many potential. They just hang out with the wrong people.
So this is the result that future Lucy told. FT win with flying color without any member get defeated.

Darn. That scene with Sting and Lector. Wait, why there's water in my eyes?

Since the game ended, it's time to face the real deal. Dragon is coming.
Google first, ask later
Jul 22, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 2014
I like the new opening.
That Fairy Tail's teamwork sure was unbeatable! (Especially Gray and Juvia(´▽`ʃƪ)♡ )
Jul 24, 2014 8:30 PM

Apr 2009
Those fights were all so disappointing, I don't read the manga so I don't know if they were as lackluster and abrupt in the manga as the anime. But so far the battles in this season have been a huge step down compared to season 1's Magic Games episodes.

Fortunately Yasuharu Takanashi's music is still amazing.
Aug 5, 2014 1:07 PM

Oct 2012
love the new opening, but it's so full of spoilers, lol. (prefers spoiler free openings) the ending was good too, but i preferred the opening, i think.

the grand magic games wrapped up nicely, didn't get to see much of natsu's team in the castle though.

mysterious creepy man? wonder who he is. XD
Aug 7, 2014 1:00 PM
May 2011
I cant believe laxus beat jura. I felt these battles went by so quick and the executioner battles went on forever
Aug 8, 2014 6:31 PM

Aug 2011
Laxus beating Jura was too short to be impressive.

It may be just me, but I think Lucy has surpassed Gray in popularity and airtime. For something who fought toe-to-toe with Natsu, it seems his fight scenes are more comedic than serious now and Juvia's presence doesn't help much. The not-so-surprising result - TEAM WORK WINS.
Aug 19, 2014 10:48 AM
Sep 2008
r they serious!!! they do too much mistakes!
in the end of the episode when hisui goes down the stairs (in the manga she wearing her armor already) in this ep shes still in her dress... it makes me angry cuz its an importent part and it drives me crazy that they skip it like that!
they should have NOT change Aoi for some old guy who work one old fashioned anime :<

(look for chapter "gloria" and comper it with the hisui moment at the ending! )
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1218687#rlIl6a4TKyJyPEFE.99
Aug 30, 2014 9:02 AM

Dec 2009
So cringe worthy, especially the last bit with Sting and the Fairy Tail members. Seems like the power of friendship can only apply with Fairy Tail and no one else.
Sep 1, 2014 9:29 PM
Sep 2013
I've always known that this series is like this, that the main characters tend to throw out one-shot victories from out of nowhere in poorly developed fights, that if you're to hanged up on logic, consistency, or any sort of sense making, you're probably not gonna enjoy this series. And I've accepted these faults, especially since the main reason why I'm watching this show is cuz I like the stupid characters, their silly interactions, and crazy antics. For me, this show really is about the "friendship" that they kick spouting all the time; its not the big things but the little things that really developed their bonds.

However, this episode took it too far. I don't even care about the "power of friendship" that no one else but Fairy Tail seems to have. Like I said, I've accepted all this but at the very least, don't be this freaking lazy about it. Both Erza's and Laxus's battle were bad but Laxus's was just so OMFG bad. Jura was suppose to be some super big shot who took out one of Sabertooth's top 5 with one punch but all we got was one punch from Laxus and it was over. WTF? Even though Jura admitted that he didn't have the will and tenacity that Fairy Tail had for this tournament, that was still so bad.

Sting's reasons for giving up was so arbitrary and had little to do with the current situation. If he had said the he was sick of Sabertooth and deep down he know that Lector was dead and not coming back then I would accepted his submission. If he had given up because he became genre savvy and knew that he was never gonna win no matter what (though that would had been very uncharacteristic of him), it still would had been better than this. Seems like the author was just too lazy to bother to come up with another battle. Also, that cat should had died or at least only come back after Sting had given it his all; it would had been so much more satisfying.

I still enjoy the series cuz its the characters and their interactions and relations that I'm attached to, but there's only so much that even I can take.

narutosister said:
r they serious!!! they do too much mistakes!
in the end of the episode when hisui goes down the stairs (in the manga she wearing her armor already) in this ep shes still in her dress... it makes me angry cuz its an importent part and it drives me crazy that they skip it like that!
they should have NOT change Aoi for some old guy who work one old fashioned anime :<

(look for chapter "gloria" and comper it with the hisui moment at the ending! )
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1218687#rlIl6a4TKyJyPEFE.99

I can't speak for everyone but why give a damn about that. There are many problems I have with this episode but what Hisui was wearing or the character design is the least of my worries. It has more to do with the original source material itself, seems like Mashima is just getting lazy.
Sep 1, 2014 9:32 PM
Sep 2013
Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
Laxus beating Jura was too short to be impressive.

It may be just me, but I think Lucy has surpassed Gray in popularity and airtime. For something who fought toe-to-toe with Natsu, it seems his fight scenes are more comedic than serious now and Juvia's presence doesn't help much. The not-so-surprising result - TEAM WORK WINS.

Lucy surpass EVERYONE in airtime, I would argue she even beats Natsu. According to a poll conducted in July 2014, Lucy IS the most popular character in Japan, followed by Natsu. And no, I don't care what people think in the West, it is of less importance in regards to this series.

I dunno why you are so surprised, she is the main heroine. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that the non-combat factors are just as important, if not more, than the battle factors in this series, this is why Lucy is 100 times better than Erza in my book. Lucy may not be all that strong in battle but she is so much more amusing to watch. Helps that much of the story revolves around her too I guess.
Sep 5, 2014 7:16 AM

Jun 2011
pretty awesome ep
FT
Oct 10, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2012
Good new OP.

Oct 12, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2010
I wanted to see more fighting from laxus and erza. But I suppose getting things to the eclipse is also good.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.