Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2014 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Well, that was intense. We get two fights with Laxus vs. Jura while Erza fights against Minerva. The fight felt a bit fast on Laxus' side but he did pretty well.

Oh I almost forgot about Grey and Juvia. GG Leon.

Erza's battle outfit in this episode looks great. It looks like Sting didn't fight FT though. Oh well, I expected from the manga. Gj FT. From this point, I think they will focus on the Eclipse more since the games are pretty much over. Welcome back Lector. Hell, I even missed the cat somewhat since he the time he was gone from the show. Not sure how I feel about the new OP and ED yet. Might take awhile to get used to it..
Stark700Jul 4, 2014 7:58 PM
Jul 4, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
Really like the new OP.

omg Gray x Juvia was amazing. Loved Erza's Second Origin release, armor looked pretty awesome.

I havnt read the manga, but from the new op looks like the dragons are about to be released/show up and shits about to get real.

Why is Cobra back again?....
IoloJul 5, 2014 5:04 AM
My Candies:
Jul 4, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2010
All three fights ending in one episode!
Can't believe Jura lost that fast to Laxus. Erza's Second Origin the Nakagami Armour!
The armour hasn't been used for a long time too!
Cheria and Lyon's lack of teamwork :P Grey and Juvia's combined attack.
For a second, I thought that the unimaginable outcome was that Sting was going to beat all five. Sting surrendering and reunited with Lector.
How all five just standing there all prepared to fight!!!
Eclipse 2 is going to begin!?!
Jul 4, 2014 7:34 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome new op! Seems to have a few spoilers, or semi-spoilers lol? Sting facing FT was great too, but the rest of the fights felt kind of rushed.
Jul 4, 2014 7:37 PM
Mar 2014
In the opening they showed all of the dragonslayers, perhaps they are going to be used as weapons against the dragons? That also explains why cobra is there
Jul 4, 2014 7:38 PM
Sep 2012
I thought I was going to review a new episode, I didn't think we be getting and OP and ED.

Well as usual the OP is very spolish, but it is awesome. Real catchy theme, I don't know if it is as good as the last one, but the animation looks great and we have some great stuff coming up, and Cobra is back, yes I am so happy. As for the ED, I liked it as well. I am a big NatLu shipper though I think they are hogging the spotlight, two EDs in a row, if you count the last ED of the original anime, three ED that feature Lucy, give me something new, but this arc is centered is Lucy, it can't be helped.

As for the future, I love the Lexus / Jura fight, Gray and Juvia showing teamwork was great, and Erza giving Minerva what she deserved.

I know people complain about what happened with Sting, I don't see what the big deal is, why is such a crime in writing, Hiro has done this before, he did the samething with Kageyama in the Lullaby arc, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Anyway the games are over, and we are up to the main plot, and the translator got it right with having the person that talked to Hisui not be referred to as "she" thank you it was about time.

Can't wait for the next episode, really diggin the new OP and ED.
Jul 4, 2014 8:01 PM

May 2014
Feck yeah!
The instense fighting has just begun. The new opening ish so badass.
That ending... is from the manga.. Tears were shed in this episode.
So glad that Lector has returned to Sting!
Jul 4, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2012
Oh man, those fights...

For starters, Laxus totally took down Jura, and that was really cool...

Then Juvia and Gray's double team take down... best power couple move so far...

And then Erza and her hidden armor taking that bitch Minerva down, holy crap...

And Sting's surrender... I was hoping for a fight, but the outcome was perfect. The reunion between him and Lector was amazing, chills...

And with that, Fairy Tail just won the Grand Magic Games! It's been a long journey, but they did it! But now... we get to see the Eclipse Project in motion next episode?
Jul 4, 2014 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
Don't know how people can say that this episode had fights/action. All "battles" were literally just a three-second, one-sided curb stomp. Finally the eclipse section of the arc is starting, which is definitely my favorite part of the arc.
blfan said:
I am a big NatLu shipper though I think they are hogging the spotlight, two EDs in a row, if you count the last ED of the original anime, three ED that feature Lucy, give me something new, but this arc is centered is Lucy, it can't be helped.
They're the two main protagonists, of course they're going to be in the spotlight constantly. And even if that was no the case, there is literally only three relevant shippings in this series (NatsuxLucy, ErzaxJellal and GrayxJuvia) and two of them were shown. It's fine.
MinagatachiJul 4, 2014 8:16 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2014 8:12 PM
May 2013
So, where are the Garou Knights? They only showed Cosmos and Kamika, but no fighting.

Also, was there a skip in Gray&Juvia fight? They were suddenly all beaten up.
ArchMagusJul 4, 2014 8:21 PM
Jul 4, 2014 8:13 PM

May 2013
A new OP and ED. Though it kinda spoiled some scenes.
Laxus looked badass fighting Jura like that. I was roaring with the crowd when Laxus won.
Erza wass looking awesome with that Second Origin Nakagami Armor. And she won!
Gray and Juvia really showed teamwork.
Got to see Lector again.
Yeah! Fairy Tail won!
Jul 4, 2014 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
New OP and ED sequences.
Laxus, Erza were both badass.
Excellent teamwork by Gray and Juvia.
Felt rushed. Dem one-sided curbstompings.
Mysterious guy appears. Hm, wonder who that is :p
Jul 4, 2014 8:46 PM

Dec 2009
I got chills watching the new OP, really love that Fairy Tail is back and getting into an amazing arc.
Jul 4, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
blfan said:

I know people complain about what happened with Sting, I don't see what the big deal is, why is such a crime in writing, Hiro has done this before, he did the samething with Kageyama in the Lullaby arc, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Kageyama doing it atleast felt justified, Makarov gave him a meaningful lecture and literally made him realize that he was about to unleash a giant demon. Sting just looked at Fairy Tail for a bit, collapsed and ruined the build up Mashima made for his "new found power". That's the biggest problem with this arc, Mashima builds up so much only to dissapoint and it only happens in Fairy Tail's favor which makes me feel like Fairy Tail didn't deserve their victory. Like for example, Minerva's "almighty territory magic" was defeated because Erza pulled out AN ARMOR THAT CAN DEFY MAGIC out of absolutely nowhere.
Jul 4, 2014 9:06 PM

Apr 2008
May J. !!!!! :D
Jul 4, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2013
Disappointing episode. I felt like the fights felt extremely rushed and Sting sucked! Like the new op though but not as much as the last one. 2/5
Jul 4, 2014 9:37 PM

Apr 2013
New SOPoilers!
Did I just saw that Poison Dragon slayer again? FT should give him his girl back yo.
Jul 4, 2014 9:38 PM

Feb 2014
I really like this episode and the new opening blew my mind entirely. However, it is going to bother me a lot but the animation quality is bad but I can forgive it due to what A-1 pictures is doing this season being Aldnoah.Zero, Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus, Persona 4 The Golden Animation, and Sword Art Online II. So I can see this getting push aside with the lower end of the budget in the studio. But, what I find funny is that the opening is better looking that the show. Other than that thank you for giving me my fairy tail and I hope that a little more budget is put in the show.

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jul 4, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2014
New Op was better then the first one,the laxus vs jura figth felt rushed should of been
a bit longer.
Omgosh mavis so kawaii on this episode

cant wait fo da dragons
Jul 4, 2014 10:11 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome new op as always fairy tail, now hurry up and get on with that dragon arc already...
Jul 4, 2014 10:16 PM
Feb 2013
I've been trying to be optimistic about the new style, since it does look like the manga. I almost never post on these forums... but I've been looking forward towards the Laxus/Jura fight for a while now... and I gotta say even Zacky San did a better job with some stills and some audio... I just hope they step up their game for the rest.
Jul 4, 2014 10:26 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like team Cheria and Lyon's blasting off again :D

now enough pokemon references that was actually a really good episode i wasn't expecting sting to surrender

my only problem was that Laxus's fight with Jura was to short it made Jura seem really weak
Jul 4, 2014 10:39 PM

Mar 2012
Wow the new OP theme song sounds like Linkin Park.

well the fight is kinda rushed.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 4, 2014 10:42 PM

Feb 2014
That may have been the greatest episode I have seen! Mainly because I've been expecting the Nakagami armor for some time now. Once she was on the offensive for those few seconds I knew it was coming! Laxus wrecked the #5 ranked member of the 10 wizard saints! Sting thought he could take FT down but that wasn't gonna happen. He lost to their strength, but not the physical kind. They showed heart all 5 of them and Sting couldn't handle it. I honestly think against all 5 he would of lost against them even in their condition that they were in. Also loved the new OP since it is from Back-On one of my favorite bands ever! It sounded familiar and it showed a lot of cool battles coming up. The magic games are over! Now its time for the Eclipse arc to begin! Bring on the dragons!
Jul 4, 2014 10:47 PM

Jan 2011
That was a great Juvia and and Gray moment: "How long are you going to hold my hand?" "Forever!" The reuniting of Lector and Sting was pretty good as well. I'm pumped for the next arc...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 4, 2014 11:05 PM

Jun 2013
Zeta986 said:
Wow the new OP theme song sounds like Linkin Park.

well the fight is kinda rushed.
BACK-ON is like the japanese version of Linkin Park xD The new opening is so cool. Just like in the manga this was good, looking foward to the dragons.
Jul 4, 2014 11:32 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was fantastic, even though my version had a lot of frame drops o:
Jul 4, 2014 11:38 PM

Mar 2013
new op is cool. can't tell which is better yet. I like the scenes there though.

games r finally over.
let the aftermath begin.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jul 4, 2014 11:44 PM
Aug 2013
Great new opening,
Good but very rushed fight scenes,
Beautiful ending.
Jul 4, 2014 11:51 PM

Feb 2014
djthorpe10 said:
That may have been the greatest episode I have seen! Mainly because I've been expecting the Nakagami armor for some time now. Once she was on the offensive for those few seconds I knew it was coming! Laxus wrecked the #5 ranked member of the 10 wizard saints! Sting thought he could take FT down but that wasn't gonna happen. He lost to their strength, but not the physical kind. They showed heart all 5 of them and Sting couldn't handle it. I honestly think against all 5 he would of lost against them even in their condition that they were in. Also loved the new OP since it is from Back-On one of my favorite bands ever! It sounded familiar and it showed a lot of cool battles coming up. The magic games are over! Now its time for the Eclipse arc to begin! Bring on the dragons!

Well, he clearly overestimating himself all over again...He can't even win go one-on-one against Laxus or Erza yet he wanna fight on all five together.

Well, it's over now so that's that.
Jul 5, 2014 12:02 AM
Feb 2014
Anyone here know the song that was in the op?
Jul 5, 2014 12:13 AM

Jun 2014
Wow, the new OP gave me the chills. Excellent episode but felt a bit rushed during the fight scenes. Kind of understandle as they did drag this arc a bit too long, just wish they would have rushed other parts of the arc and gave us extended fight scenes. But look like shit is about to get real next episode.
Overall 5/5
Jul 5, 2014 12:14 AM

Apr 2014
Really like the new opening. Next episode though...XD

Sinderfella said:
Anyone here know the song that was in the op?

I think it was Strike Back by BACK-ON.
Jul 5, 2014 12:58 AM

Apr 2013
Nice and intense episode. New OP, ED. The OP was a bit spoiling but for those who haven't read the manga it not that viable. 3 battles 1 episode = rushed IMO. Minerva crying when Sabertooth lost the game aaaa what a pleasant sight. New villain appears in next episode.
P.S. The ED reminds me the one from the Key of the Starry Sky Arc.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jul 5, 2014 1:13 AM

May 2010
Good OP and lovable ED. I liked the animation and thanks God, there wasn't too much focus on NaLu this time.

The Gruvia scene was just ughh. At least this ordeal is over. Next is the Gruvia scene when the dragons arrive. Its even more ughh-kind.

I remember this is where I started to ship Miliana x Sting. She saved his cat and so, I thought it would have some progression but nope.

I just want this awesome-turned-into-meh arc to be over and want them to animate those glorious Lucy centered chapters in the current arc. Damn right beautiful. But I gotta wait for like... full year for that (I am sure they will put in some fillers)
Jul 5, 2014 1:13 AM

Jun 2013
Haha I love how the FT openings always have spoilers, keepin it classy FT xD

So much intensity and emotions poured onto this episode.. I loved it!
Jul 5, 2014 1:22 AM
Mar 2013
New OP FTW.
I didn't expect rushed fights it's a kind of disappointing but oh well. The true battle has only just began expecting great action scenes in the future lol.
A really unexpected outcome but I read the manga so it's not unexpected at all lol.
Overall it's fine.
Jul 5, 2014 1:33 AM

Feb 2013
Why there is no 6 out of 5 vote ! It deserve more than that ! EPIC EPIC AND EVEN MOAR EPIC episode.

Where to start... From Laxus? Erza's nakagami's armor? Gray and juvia's teamwork? Or The epic last battle of FT vs Sting?...

Anyways This episode is 6 out of 5 !
GEE HEE !
Jul 5, 2014 1:35 AM

Mar 2014
Wow cool! Fairy Tail win the fight because of nakama power & power of will! That's totally unpredictable!
Erza pulling out Nakagami armor at last second because she's angry that her friend is hurt is badass and totally NOT ass-pull! Even though she can use it right off the bat, but for some reason she chose not to because she's just that badass!
Laxus win against Jura - member of the (supposedly) powerful mages called Ten Wizard Saints - because reasons is awesome as fuck! He should be appointed to become the Ten Wizard himself.
And then Sting. Boy, where do I start here. He has been build up to have this "new power" that supposedly allow him to beat the Fairy Tail mages. And guess what? He surrender! Because apparently, our protagonist team is brimming with radiance that he couldn't face them. That's some twist right there and really worth the build up! :D

Definitely amazing episode to close this arc...
Jul 5, 2014 1:40 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was rushed. This should have been expanded to two episodes.

The Laxus vs Jura & Erza vs Minerva should have been expanded more... :(

The transition of the fights was also messed up...

But the feels were still there so...

3/5
Hiryu12Jul 5, 2014 4:50 AM

Jul 5, 2014 1:43 AM

Oct 2012
The new op is probably my favorite, it gave gave me chills even though I know what happens. Also, it really doesn't spoil anything, it does hint at things though. The only thing it spoils is the "creepy" guy(though we still don't know who he is) and the return of Cobra. People who read the manga need to look at these ops as if they haven't read the manga.

I'm actually kind of glad they went ahead and got through those battles quickly because I really like the next arc and the games arc sort of dragged in the manga.

Edit: Though I don't blame people for being upset that it was rushed.
StephenXplodesJul 5, 2014 1:49 AM
Jul 5, 2014 2:28 AM

Jul 2013
Ugh... the fights were even worse than in the manga. The animation was horrible. Now I hate this arc even more.

New OP and ED already. Didn't expect it to be changed so soon.

Sol glad this shit is over.
Jul 5, 2014 3:25 AM

Apr 2014
Oh my god! Why did you have to use the golden plains as the ending?! Why?! *gutted*
Jul 5, 2014 3:26 AM

Apr 2008
AnneRG said:
Oh my god! Why did you have to use the golden plains as the ending?! Why?! *gutted*

Because the anime wants to murder us emotionally
Jul 5, 2014 3:29 AM

Jan 2014
Just as I thought it started to get dragged out, they conclude 3 battles in one episode. Laxus vs. Jura felt a bit rushed, but it was still good.

Great new OP, although I really started to like the old one.
"Down along under Hill, shining in the sunlight. Waiting on the doorstep for the cold starlight."
Jul 5, 2014 3:31 AM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
AnneRG said:

Because the anime wants to murder us emotionally

Those bastards! And the clock tower scene at the OP... God! Just put a knife through me already...
Jul 5, 2014 3:32 AM

Mar 2013
I feel like the animation was slightly better this time, or was it just me?

Jul 5, 2014 3:38 AM

Apr 2014
Sviranui said:
I feel like the animation was slightly better this time, or was it just me?

No, it definitely was better. I feel like they've been pinching their pennies for this part of the arc.
Jul 5, 2014 4:31 AM

Aug 2012
New opening was epiccccccc. Fight felt pretty rushed but the overall episode was good.
Jul 5, 2014 4:35 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Thread Cleaned
Please do not post simple posts such as "Liked this episode" "OP is awesome"
Put more thought into it such as a reason why.

All fights felt rushed, what ever happened to having an episode or episodes dedicated to one fight rather than splitting multiple fights into multiple episodes...
waooo
Moree slideshow action too

Spoiler galore in the new OP but it isn't bad, excited for dragons to come and hopefully more fluid animation compared to this slide show one.

At least Lector is back... though surprised they didn't used the slower Fairy Tail theme towards the end. Good job with feels, but improve on the action.
You could have just removed all of the Natsu group filler, all the times our green haired princess reiterates how she will confirm the future (She says it like 2 times an episode for the past 6 episodes) and replace those with extended Jura vs Laxus and Erza vs Minerva.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.