Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 30, 2014 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
Akane x Souta FTW!!!
Jun 30, 2014 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
I sat here just thinking to myself - '..what?'

In seriousness, there were good parts, strange parts, funny and the turn of a century. Mixed feelings probably giving it a 6.
These harem writers are finding new ways to shake up the genre.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 30, 2014 10:55 AM

Apr 2010
This anime went from watchable to bad to terrible in the last 4 episodes and i am glad it's over.
It's a shame since it was going nicely before that yet in turned into another example of why the anime industry should not rush anime.
Yet they always keep doing it.
Jun 30, 2014 11:54 AM

Mar 2011
Anime got crazy at the end, and I lost track of what was even happening. But I thought feck it I don't even care.

Fun anime, overly dramatic ending. 7/10.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 30, 2014 12:21 PM

Aug 2010
So can I consider this an AkanexSouta ending?! YES! :3

Quite the bittersweet ending with how they all pretty much forgot everything....or did they O_o? XD

Well either way I'm sure they'll just start all over again ^^

I'd say this is a 7.5/10...It's quite a good harem. And the Akane hug at the end was <3
Jun 30, 2014 12:24 PM

Jan 2008
I'm glad to see Neo won, as the one.
Jun 30, 2014 12:35 PM

Oct 2011
Even in the real world. Souta and everyone will be together again. Including their memories too.

Will watch the OVA when it comes out.
Jun 30, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2011
Last three episodes pretty much ruined the show. Unfortunate.
Jun 30, 2014 1:19 PM
Jan 2013
WTF, that girl in a mask is another Nanami?
Jun 30, 2014 1:56 PM

Oct 2012
I liked the course of the series, although some things have gotten confused.

Akane FTW ♥
Jun 30, 2014 2:26 PM

May 2009
Baddie007 said:
WTF, that girl in a mask is another Nanami?

Kagura Bladefield, ancient queen or some shit.
Jun 30, 2014 3:02 PM

May 2011
Wow, what a mess this season was. I don't care if the LN is still ongoing, this adaptation did a poor job of pacing. Incredibly slow majority, followed by all of this story that pops in and sprints to the finish. It wasn't even an interesting story. Also, HanaKana trap did not have enough screen time.

5 is average, so 2/10. Very below average.
Jun 30, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2011
This series was okay, but I didn't really enjoy the way it kept switching between cutsey harem stuff to over the top drama. It just felt confusing. The characters were cute, and that was enough to keep me watching but it really wasn't great.
Jun 30, 2014 4:02 PM
Apr 2014
I have one thing to say about the Angelus Gemini...

Nice Boat.

That aside, I'm wondering if anybody has compiled a list of everybody's classes. So far I have

Nanami: Princess Knight
Akane: Magician
Hakua: Berserker
Mei: Samurai
Baba: Dragon Knight
Ruri: Ninja
Idol: Bard
Imouto: Miko/Priestess/Cleric

That leaves Okikunee, Seitokaicho, Sensei, Megumu and Rin-kun unaccounted for.
Jun 30, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2012
Wow so that was a really wierd conclusion. The series started off good, went okay then in the end I was left scratching my head. Too many alternate dimension stuff, they should've kicked that out the window or made it easily distinguishable between which world was which. Loved the akane x souta ending that was pretty deece. 7.5/10 feeling generous today. Wouldn't watch it again but it was a decent series and kept me mildly amused. :)
Jun 30, 2014 5:11 PM

Mar 2014
this ending was weird, but okay XD
Jun 30, 2014 5:38 PM
Jun 2011
What the ever loving fuck was that ending about?
I haven't been this confused by the ending to a harem anime since Oretsuba!
Oh well, it's done, and all's well that um...ah fuck it.

With that I'm done with all the anime I planned on watching this season.
But it looks like new ones are just beginning to come in.

P.S: Note to self, with 12 girls...(stops to count)
[Nanami, Akane, Okiku, Rin, Tsmugi, Mimori, Haqua, Ruri, Kurumiko, Mei, Serika, Zero, Miyuki did I miss anyone?] Oh and Megu will be on my list too, mainly because he only got girlier as time went on to the extent of actually being a girl a couple of times.
This show fucked me up so badly I can't even count.
Anyway, I intend to make a WWYD? When I get the chance...which would be any time this month as long as my uncle isn't home but I've got a backlog list a mile long.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Jun 30, 2014 6:38 PM

Sep 2013
WAIT A MINUTE DID AKANE JUST, WIN ? :O

ichii_1Jun 30, 2014 6:51 PM
Jun 30, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
The Story is good and wrapped with unexpected twist. :)
but some part rushed with little explanation, often make me confused about what happen. 7/10

Finally The boss defeated and Peace come

In the end Souta choose Akane?

all people remember again then meet again in Quest Domitory
love the Happy Ending :D

Jun 30, 2014 7:33 PM

Jun 2012
IZEROII said:
Last three episodes pretty much ruined the show. Unfortunate.
Pretty much. This show was better as a parody/harem/comedy than a serious plot-driven story. Quite enjoyed it at first, the flag thing was a nice gimmick to the harem kind I felt and it was funny, but then it got a bit too serious, a bit too messy and confusing. I must say, I don't fully understand what really happened in this last episode.

Oh well, enjoyed most of it, but last few episode really ruined it for me unfortunately.
Jun 30, 2014 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
this show started off kinda meh harem but it was still watchable and i normally turned my brain off whenever it tried to get serious but these last 3 episodes...fuckkk this show~!'

funny enough this wasn't worst show this season.

still a 6/10 barely
Jun 30, 2014 7:37 PM
Mar 2013
AcezHarfianz said:
but some part rushed with little explanation, often make me confused about what happen. 7/10

As soon as Number 0 left the room in the real world and after Nanami hugs Souta, everything became a mess, Edit; no longer think this way, I watched it a few more times, and I get what's going on, Souta was in the real world along with all the girls, the only question is how the girls got in the real world when they've only existed in the virtual world (likely their bonds with Souta probably caused it though).
RoychopJul 1, 2014 2:56 PM
Jun 30, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2013
I like the "matrix" idea in this series but I'm confused as fuck. I think I may understand it but at the same time, I feel like my understanding is not correct. It looks like I'm not the only one aha.

It seems like everyone got their memories back at the end, and dwell in Quest Domitory again. I think Souta and Akane are perfect fit. Other than that...

I'll go with my gut and rate it 6/10 or 7/10. It's good but the explanations were confusing and hard to understand.

Jun 30, 2014 9:33 PM

May 2013
Roychop said:
AcezHarfianz said:

As soon as Number 0 left the room in the real world and after Nanami hugs Souta, everything became a mess. I watched it a few times and I still don't know what in the world is going on. At first I thought Souta went back to the virtual world given those 2 little girls watching him and Akane remembering him, but now I honestly don't know (and if he stayed in the real world, they screwed up making the real life Akane remember when she has never actually met him before). They better explain what happened in the ova, because the ending is confusing as heck with no explanations.

You just hit the spot, this is what I really want to know lmao
Tch.
Jun 30, 2014 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
That ending was interesting.

So the girl under the mask was actually Hakua Bladefield. Not surprising, but I didn't expect it since they didn't really hint at her character existing. Does that make her Souta's mom then?

So Souta was in an accident in the real world, was basically in a coma. Then they put his subconscious in a bunch of virtual worlds to stop the Angel. And the truth about Souta's own death flag (and I suppose the reason he was in a coma to begin with) was because he shouldered everyone else's flags on the Premiere Ambriel. Once they kept their promises the death flag severed and he woke up and defeating the final boss.

So at the very end there, it basically reset to the day of the first episode, however Souta has all of his memories, the effects of destroying the Angel are affecting the real world, and everyone else is also going to quest hall on the first day.

Now the scene with Akane...I'm wondering if she got her memories back because of the quick shock from Souta saving her like he did before? Or did the 2 sisters Demon and Sakura give her memories back to her when they started talking about how they love humans? And if they did, did they also give back everyone else's? It seemed to appear that way since Nanami was super happy when she turned around.
Jun 30, 2014 10:48 PM

Aug 2013
drendren said:
This ending was literally a page out of the movie inception. You think he's back irl but then you see the loli gods, who only exist in the virtual world, and big tits gets her memories back so now it's unsure if he just went back to the virtual world. Fuck

He was in the real world. Those little sisters basically have the power of gods. It's safe to assume that they could manifest themselves out of the digital dimension and into reality.
Jul 1, 2014 12:57 AM

Jan 2013
7/10 for the matrix like feels. And Megumu is best girl.

Would have been 10/10 if they beat the boss with a friendship tornado.

lukkassu said:
I have one thing to say about the Angelus Gemini...

Nice Boat.

That aside, I'm wondering if anybody has compiled a list of everybody's classes. So far I have

Akane: Magician
Baba: Dragon Knight
Imouto: Miko/Priestess/Cleric

That leaves Okikunee, Seitokaicho, Sensei, Megumu and Rin-kun unaccounted for.

Megumu's a Manly thief
Rin's a Lancer? Swordsman? It would be easier if they'd just shout out what they are.
Okikunee's a summoner
Sensei is a Knight
Seitokaicho's a bishop

At least by my speculations

Also

Akane: Mage
Baba: Dragoon
Imouto: Cleric

Source of most of their names:

http://imgur.com/7DUdqjV
yaminogame91Jul 1, 2014 1:12 AM
Jul 1, 2014 1:27 AM

Jul 2010
Disgusting, I don't know how I was able to finish it. At this point I think this should have stayed parody/ecchi till the very end, because that was the target of the show, but they went full retard implementing "serious-supernatural" stuff when they could have done the same thing without it. Therefore what was supposed to be serious became suddenly ridiculous.

Anyway less than average, 4/10.
Jul 1, 2014 6:27 AM
Mar 2013
Jonesy974 said:
He was in the real world. Those little sisters basically have the power of gods. It's safe to assume that they could manifest themselves out of the digital dimension and into reality.

Yeah he was in the real world after he woke up, but those 2 little girls were just programs, however your reasoning if they were in the real world is pretty much my reasoning too (may be programs, but they practically have god like power, so traveling between the real and virtual worlds isn't farfetched). They most likely just merged both the virtual girls and their real life counterparts, together and restored Akane's memory (she seemed to be fibbing given what she says right after Souta saves her from falling).
RoychopJul 3, 2014 11:48 AM
Jul 1, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
Number 0 clearly state that those girls are not real, they are just virtual world dwellers, and the 2 little girls are just administrative program.

Only his sister Nanami and himself are real. So these 2 girls and other cant exist in real world.

I think i got it, so basically,

As the LN is not end yet, he cant return to the real world juat like that,

he still stuck in the virtual world in the end, inception anyone?
Jul 1, 2014 11:51 AM

Feb 2011
Woah.. it's even got a last boss and everything.
5/10 Terrible.
Jul 1, 2014 12:09 PM
Mar 2013
katsuhan said:
Number 0 clearly state that those girls are not real, they are just virtual world dwellers, and the 2 little girls are just administrative program.

Only his sister Nanami and himself are real. So these 2 girls and other cant exist in real world.

Well they and the other girls somehow got in the real world, because that's where Souta was after the Boat exploded (Number 0 told him he was in reality again when he woke up in the bed). Those 2 little girls were programs, but they literually changed peoples fates, removed memories of others and gave Souta the power to change flags on peoples heads, if they have that level of power in the virtual world, I think they're more than capable of going between the real and virtual worlds (there are shows where programs can get in the real world for whatever reason. Number 0 might have had something to do with it too. It's also possible that Akane and the other girls bonds with Souta let them leave the virtual world and exist in the real world, though most of them lost their memories besides Akane, who seemed to be putting on an act).
RoychopJul 1, 2014 2:34 PM
Jul 1, 2014 4:07 PM

Apr 2011
Summary of the series: Some good comedy and moe fanservice suddenly had a whole bunch of shit at the end O_o None of which was properly explained; who or what the 'Angels' were. I kinda gathered they were some kinda rogue AI that decided to destroy the virtual world. Apparently the ship happened in the real world? And at the end they're all back in the real world? This ending feels like Inception with all the realities within realities...

It was fun, but I could've done without the confusing anime-original ending. Otoh, at least they didn't leave us utterly hanging like the end of NGNL. I appreciate the attempt at an ending, but it seems like anime-original endings are almost invariably inferior to the source material.

8/10
Jul 1, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
This anime was very beautiful. Every episode as visually appealing to high standards but the plot was meh.

Great episode and series!!!
Jul 1, 2014 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
I liked this except for the virtual world shit.
Jul 1, 2014 10:58 PM

Oct 2010
God, make up your fucking mind with the plot. That shit is everywhere, like some dude who ate a pound of spicy mexican food, then straight up unloaded all over the bathroom walls and said "hey, that would make a good plot for an anime".

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it for the most part. It just got clustered with nonsense near the end.
Jul 2, 2014 8:06 AM

Dec 2011
It's finally time for the final battle to start!

Beautiful moments T.T

Coward... leaving Souta alone after he saved your ass...

Awwww T.T , he really came to rescue Souta after all... I'm sorry for thinking you had betrayed him.

So that's what really happened O.o

He's in the real world now hmmm...

Lol, so Number Zero is Kagura Bladefield the founder... yeah...

Ahhhh, it has ended, I guess I'll wait for that OVA to come out.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 2, 2014 12:59 PM

Oct 2013
Wow the last two episodes of this anime were good.

Damn...can't believe Nanami and Souta are related by blood. That sucks.
Jul 2, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2010
katsuhan said:

Im gonna guess this is a subtitle issue between different sources. Or people having context reading issues.

What she said in the version I read was basically that all that stuff never happened except in his head, and that also means no one else will remember it. I never once saw her say the girls themselves were not real. She said something like "Of course no one will remember what happened except us, including Nanami and the other girls (and one boy)."
Jul 2, 2014 3:33 PM
Mar 2013
Kougeru said:
katsuhan said:

Im gonna guess this is a subtitle issue between different sources. Or people having context reading issues.

What she said in the version I read was basically that all that stuff never happened except in his head, and that also means no one else will remember it. I never once saw her say the girls themselves were not real. She said something like "Of course no one will remember what happened except us, including Nanami and the other girls (and one boy)."

The most accurate sub versions had her say that the time he spent in the virtual world was but a flash in reality, hence nobody shares his memories, including Nanami (though Akane regained hers, which I'm assuming those 2 little girls restored hers). Number 0 also flat out said those girls were nothing but residents of the virtual world (besides obviously Nanami). The virtual world was constructed from real world data, so the girls already existed in the real world. So what I get is that Sakura and Laplase's Demon came into the real world (not surprised, and I can think of a few reasons how they did) and merged the virtual and real world versions of the girls (and memories) so they remember Souta.
RoychopJul 3, 2014 6:22 AM
Jul 2, 2014 6:23 PM

May 2009
Jonesy974 said:
So the girl under the mask was actually Hakua Bladefield. Not surprising, but I didn't expect it since they didn't really hint at her character existing. Does that make her Souta's mom then?

Wrong. It's Kagura Bladefield. Hakua has grey hair.
Jul 2, 2014 8:34 PM

Nov 2009
Ugh...not sure how I manged to finish the show. I had slight expectations when reading the summery and even those were let down by the show. 4 stereotypical harem members out of 10.
Jul 2, 2014 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
Didn't expect the story will go in this direction when I started watching this. I guess it's been somehow an entertaining show. Gonna rate this 7/10.
Jul 3, 2014 1:07 AM

Mar 2013
lol is that ririchiyo's VA I hear?
Jul 3, 2014 2:11 AM
Jan 2009
I wasn't a huge fan of the overly large harem, but the overly serious plot wasn't well-executed either. (It wasn't even that funny.) Pretty disappointing in both regards.

At least it's over.
Pie is delicious.

Jul 3, 2014 11:14 AM

Sep 2011
This show exceeded my expectations, it was very enjoyable.
Jul 3, 2014 1:46 PM

Dec 2013
What the flying F????

I know that was an Anime Original Ending, but the least you could do was make it comprehensible to the average human being for crying out loud!

First, okay so I get that he was thrown into the digital world to save his country from some Angel Boat that was trying to take over his country/the world/the universe/etc., so what the heck was that in the end??? How the hell does the country's founder (who should probably be a thousand years dead) appear in front of him and say "Oh Hi great-great-great-great-great^N-Grandchild, you're in the real world now".

Second, supposedly all those girls were from the virtual world, how the heck did they all show up in the real world? How the heck did they all apparently have memories of this crown prince of the Bladefield Principality who has never set foot in Japan and has spent most of his days being a paraplegic stuck inside a digital mainframe??? Are you telling me that Nanami just went online and gathered all her friends on the internet to form a hunting party to dive into Souta's VR world to save him? They're a bunch of teenagers, the lot of them.... why would they even have the ability to support him? Where would they acquire the knowledge from? Did Nanami just randomly pick a bunch of talented hackers and throw them together?

Third, what the hell is that hole in the Quest Dorm doing there? Was the VR trip some sort of future predicting simulation thingy? How the hell would Souta even know that she'd fall into a hole? Unless he dived back into the VR world at the end, I'm calling ass-pull because shit like that doesn't work in the real world.

Fourth, same issue as third. Why would two digital programs suddenly manifest in the real world? Unless that last few scenes were VR, I call ass-pull.

The first 5 to 6 episodes were fun enough to watch, then shit just got weird in the last part.

Can someone please enlighten me on exactly how the arc actually ended in the LN (PM if necessary), because this Anime Original Ending just irks me in so many ways and on so many levels.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 4, 2014 5:21 AM

Mar 2012
Another fked up adaptation. Real shame, I bet the source (LN) must be better.
Keep moving forward
Jul 6, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2010
I've been trying really hard to find a short, but to the point summary of this show. The first two candidates were "wasted potential" and "trainwreck", but now I think I have finally found the best word: failure.

Not that the season was particularly strong, but even the mediocre shows (Black Bullet and the rest come to mind) managed to be entertaining in some way, shape or form. This one? I've spent the last 8 episodes trying to find even one aspect that could be considered redeeming. My results? Ruri and Nanami had one or two nice moments. That's it.

It's not mindbogglingly bad like IS or Galileia Donna that are sins against intelligence itself, but it seems to me as if Flag was standing at the edge of the parody line, desperately trying to raise its foot to cross it over...never actually succeeding (unlike the relatively recent NouCume, as both seemed to be a cheap version of TWGOK at first sight, but while the Noucome had something to offer with funny jokes, Flag didn't). Not the characters, not the story, not the humor (not even a tenth of the "jokes" were funny). When it tried to be funny it was boring, when it was trying to be serious it was ridiculous. This is as bland and terrible as it gets without being outright stupid and painful 3/10. At least I'm done with the worst show of the season.

Ps: A friendly advice to the author: Before you try and mess around with narrative by going meta, learn the basics first like, you know, making characters interesting instead of tossing in stereotypes who copy paste their dialogs from other shows. Make something worthwhile so we have at least an ounce of emotional investment in the story you want to tell.
Mogami-kunJul 6, 2014 3:39 AM
Jul 6, 2014 8:47 AM
Jun 2014
Huh? What was that ending? If he really is back in the real world, why did Akane say he saved her again? And why were the other girls at the dorm again? If they were part of the virtual world, why were they at the real world? Did Sacrament and Demon return their memories?

And the part where he was trapped in the boat? What was that about? And why is he still Hatate Souta if he is the brother of Nanami?

The ending was a bit confusing, it left me with some questions... Atleast it ended okay xD I would say 7/10, for me.

Can't wait for the OVA!
HayceJul 6, 2014 8:55 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

144 by JC612 »»
Jan 11, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Who's favorite harem character

MysteryFan89 - Aug 7, 2023

1 by pinkfoxboi »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:46 PM

» So can anyone tell me what the hell happened?[spoilers]

sweetsymphony - Jun 29, 2014

10 by ilos28 »»
May 30, 2022 5:26 AM

» Will this be on funimation without premium

Bunniedoll - Jul 20, 2021

1 by SoulFighter17 »»
Jul 20, 2021 10:03 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

95 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.