Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2014 4:28 AM

Apr 2013
Watched a 2nd time , just now. It seems the more I watch it the more disappointed I get.

About the cutting , they changed alot of things , most of the things were anime-only and only the conclusion was the same .
Give me a break , we had at most 1 minute fight between the 2 sisters and it wouldnt be called a fight more like "let me hug" and then "booooooooooooom".
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 30, 2014 4:51 AM

Nov 2013
The show just turned into such a mess as it progressed, even though the beginning was good, and just so incredibly rushed. 4/10 seems just about enough it deserves.
Jun 30, 2014 5:18 AM
Apr 2014
Man.. that was some gut buster finale.... but seriously... couldn't the fight between Kuroha and Valkyria be more EPIC.. i wished there was more of a legendary power used in the last fight... One more question.. all 4 witches are still alive.. wont the aliens in them hatch at some time..?? ok ok.. In the end.. i loved the series.. .. this adds up to my 2014 best anime list.. i wish this one comes up with a season 2... or... I'm gonna revive Chisato.. Muahahaha.. :-D
Jun 30, 2014 5:19 AM

Mar 2012
lol just as expected. Just go check the manga, assure you it will "heal" your disappointment for this adaptation. 7/10 from me though cos the 1st OP and the ED are good.
Claude_KennyJun 30, 2014 5:35 AM
Keep moving forward
Jun 30, 2014 5:26 AM
Aug 2010
josiahrongmei said:
Man.. that was some gut buster finale.... but seriously... couldn't the fight between Kuroha and Valkyria be more EPIC.. i wished there was more of a legendary power used in the last fight... One more question.. all 4 witches are still alive.. wont the aliens in them hatch at some time..?? ok ok.. In the end.. i loved the series.. .. this adds up to my 2014 best anime list.. i wish this one comes up with a season 2... or... I'm gonna revive Chisato.. Muahahaha.. :-D

Yea they would hatch later. The manga is still ongoing. The fight was much better in the manga.
Jun 30, 2014 5:44 AM

Jul 2009
Kerozinn said:
by far one of the worst shows this season that i have watched. 4/10

x2.
Started well, then they rushed a lot and ruined it. 4/10 as well.
Jun 30, 2014 6:16 AM

May 2013
Kerozinn said:
by far one of the worst shows this season that i have watched. 4/10

trust me this is much better than mekakucity actors...

i am wondering y it has a lower rating though

8/10 frome me
Jun 30, 2014 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Blimey, I thought it was a stupid beginning this series, then I read his name, that of Lynn Okamoto and be glad, to slip back into abject sadness seeing how this ends anime series.
Anime interesting, but this rush to narrate with a plot that leaves many points just explained, makes low involvement.
Good but not excellent this production, if it gets a remake and a second season, I will be forced to read my manga one of these days.
Animations and drawings sufficient enough, the study did not surprise me Arms, fielding a very rough job, what a disappointment, we are in 2014.
Final rating is 6.5/10 for now!
Jun 30, 2014 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
Started well, mid-season turned mediocre, and ending was terrible beyond saving.

6/10, was an ok show overall.
Jun 30, 2014 7:05 AM

Mar 2013
They skip the part when murakami kicked ichijiku face.. me sad :(

edit: Ops they didn't actually skip it, the kick must have been hurt lol.
Yap30Jun 30, 2014 7:15 AM

Jun 30, 2014 7:06 AM
Feb 2013
AcOo said:
Wow so many unexplained things on this last episode. I'm a little lost. Oo

Anyway I plan to read the manga. So should I read it from the start or continue where the anime finished?

You should start at about where episode 5 of the anime was. From that point onwards, they deviated more and more of the manga. Culminating in this super-rushed 13th episode where nothing made sense and they butchered the last 4 chapters, hasped them together as pressed corned beef.

Brynghild never was at the level of Elfenlied, granted, but really...with a *little* bit more effort (primarily having more episodes, so the pacing could be fixed and there was no need to cut scenes), the anime would have been much better. The manga still has some small shortcomings, but it's *way* better than the anime, certainly from episode 5 onwards.
AnimageNebyJun 30, 2014 7:26 AM
Jun 30, 2014 7:38 AM
Nov 2013
What a crappy ending. Way too fast paced and the final battle sucked.

There were no explanations at all.

Oh, Valkyria was Neko's sister? Oh c'mon!
At least they could had given me a better reason to care about it.

Too bad, at least I liked the characters even though it was an Elfen Lied ripp-off.

5/10
Jun 30, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2008
For some reason,I still can't get over Kotori death.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 30, 2014 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
Ok so what exactly are the witches, how were they created, why?

"It was all to try and bring back by daughter."

That's nice

Chisato never said anything about daughters.

Got that?
Jun 30, 2014 8:41 AM
Jun 2014
The End was so rushed, i only thought what the hell is going on here. It makes me really sad because the anime was great and enjoyable so far, with it's peak at episode 9 which i liked a lot and made me consider rating it by 9. But with those 2 episodes it's an overall 7 for me, thought i liked the end that Kuroha seems to have lost all her memory of Murakami
Jun 30, 2014 8:59 AM
Feb 2013
Loved this anime a lot till ep 9 then felt so rushed
So anybody care to tell me where does the skadi arc starts, which chapter I wanna continue the show and I believe it's the best point to continue so anybody can do a favor
8/10
Barring the stuff the happened in the last eps it was enjoyable
Jun 30, 2014 9:27 AM

Feb 2013
It was ok enough... At least it was fun to watch at points.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 30, 2014 9:38 AM
Mar 2008
Zapredon said:
For some reason,I still can't get over Kotori death.

It's much more touching in the manga.
Jun 30, 2014 9:52 AM
Feb 2013
Can u tell me which chapter is the beginning of the skadi arc if u don't mind
Jun 30, 2014 9:58 AM

Apr 2011
Dafuk how did pink hair bitch survive getting cut down in half.

And I thought that other girl died too...

@_@
Jun 30, 2014 10:04 AM
Jul 2011
Faroos007 said:
Can u tell me which chapter is the beginning of the skadi arc if u don't mind

Chapter 39.
Jun 30, 2014 10:42 AM
Apr 2008
Totally regretted watching this show argh
Believe me this ep can totally pull this show down to nothing.
Jun 30, 2014 10:52 AM

Oct 2013
WRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY im so mad!!! this ending sucks!!!!!!!!!! those motherfathers must go to hellllllllllllllllll.
i prefer the manga over this anime. F#ck this anime
Jun 30, 2014 11:55 AM

Mar 2011
SaiYuris said:
TehWhiteTiger said:
Ok so what exactly are the witches, how were they created, why?

"It was all to try and bring back by daughter."

That's nice

Chisato never said anything about daughters.

I didn't mean that as an exact quote, just as generally what he was trying to do.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 30, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
whoaaaaaa!!!!!! that beast murakami kick! that was nasty!

2/10 overall
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Jun 30, 2014 12:20 PM

Sep 2009
Kazumi is alive after being sliced in half by Valkyria...wut O__O and along with dat regeneration op abilty girl at the end...rushed as hell in the last minute that they don't even bother putting a proper conlcucion to this trainwreck of an episode....and Neko amnesia made me really pissed off....well are we back to square one?

Atleast mad scientisto seem to have finally found a solution to the witches pill problem so more of them can be saved in the future I guess.
Jun 30, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2011
Wow. Always almost people talk about rush when a 25 episode anime skips one raised eyebrow. But this..

Guess whats left is to find a witch that can cure amnesia. Or one that can read the mind and implant memories like Namami. Though Murakami would have to convince Neko that she is his childhood friend before, at which point it would be nearly pointless.
Jun 30, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2008
This show is such a mess, really disappointing but I'm glad it's over so I can move on to better shows now.
Jun 30, 2014 1:28 PM

Mar 2012
I actually enjoyed this; last 2 episodes have been so intense and fucked up (maybe because it was so rushed...) - never expected everyone to die at the end (suppose the last scene with Kazumi still alive was a dream or something like that; not that it matters since I suppose it will be different in the manga)
2nd anime this season after Black Bullet, so 9/10; will check the manga some day.
Jun 30, 2014 1:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
amplified said:
Wait, what? Did they just cram 100+ chapters in 13 episodes?

No wonder the pacing was terrible...what a shame because it's actually an interesting story with the aliens and all, but yeah, this turned out pretty terrible.
Jun 30, 2014 2:08 PM

Oct 2011
Hatsuna healed Kazumi.

Neko lost her memories T__T

RIP Kotori
Jun 30, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2013
4/10. The only positive thing I can say about this is it's better than No Game No Life.

I COULD KILL YOU WITH MY MAGIC BUT LET ME JUST VIBRATE YOU INSTEAD.
Jun 30, 2014 2:30 PM
Jun 2014
Where should I start reading in the manga if I want to pick up where the anime left off? I know a lot of people say chapter 1 since the anime out a lot of material, but say I just wanted to start where it left off.
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.
Shadowslave13 is my loli milk provider.
Flume is my dark magic buddy cop sidekick™.
And Afshar was my first MAL friend ;-;

I have coveted these people, so that I may one day sacrifice them in the name of love.
Jun 30, 2014 3:14 PM
Jun 2014
ApotheosisTheory said:
Where should I start reading in the manga if I want to pick up where the anime left off? I know a lot of people say chapter 1 since the anime out a lot of material, but say I just wanted to start where it left off.

The Nanami arc (starts at the end of chapter 31) is where it starts to seriously diverge from the story, and the major differences start somewhere in chapter 34. I would say start with 31 since I can't think of anything major happening before that that the anime didn't show (other than more fanservice).

If you need more reference, this is just after Ryota gets apprehended at the church, and Neko and Kotomi go rescue him from the police.

Yes, that means they packed 60ish chapters into about three episodes, removing one of the most sympathetic characters (Skadi) in the process.
JagYuiJun 30, 2014 3:22 PM
Jun 30, 2014 3:43 PM
Mar 2013
question: who the f is takachiho
Jun 30, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
The only thing I could think when watching this episode was WTF?
After reading the explanations here it makes a little more sense, but that doesn't make the actual episode any less shitty. Now I feel like I should read the manga but I hate to read stuff I already watched :/
Jun 30, 2014 4:31 PM

Nov 2012
If only they killed off more characters it could've been better cause srsly, we don't see too many stories where the author is daring and kills off non-death deserving characters
Jun 30, 2014 5:33 PM
Nov 2013
That was terrible, I've never seen an anime go downhill as quickly as this one did.
Jun 30, 2014 5:34 PM

Dec 2010
Stark700 said:
Holy shit that was rushed. Well, we do get Kuroha vs Valkyria in a big anticlimatic match/fight.
Fixed that for you.

Oh well, it was really a bit better than what I anticipated(yeah, my expectations were really low).

1. Characters. +1. The only reason I'm giving point here is for noone else(yeah, they all pretty much sucked) than Nanami.
2. Atmosphere. There may have been suh a thing at some point in the beginning, I do not really remember anymore.
3. OST. +1. Ok, there was a great first OP, although the ED was never really fitting until the ver last episode. The background themes weren't that bad I think.
4. Animation. +1. Idk, it wasn't bad, it's somewhat unique even though it wasn't all that great either. I think the character designs were ok, so I can give it a point here.
5. Background story. Aliens created Earth. Coolest background story ever.
6. Storyline. A plot never really appeared, just random things kept on threatening the characters in a kinda repetitive way.
7. Ending. Meeh. At least wasn't as horrible as I expected it to be. I'd have taken out a point here otherwise.
8. Drama. +1. The drama was one of the things that helped me getting to like this anime initially and I can'd deny that it was there until the very end, although the flame almost died out with Nanami for me.
9. Overall affect. This anime really had so much potential in the beginning, I still can't forgive it for wasting it away because of lack of a second season........
10. Bonus score:

Overall score: 4/10. And this could actually be the thing of the season, along with Sidonia..
Jun 30, 2014 5:43 PM

Jun 2013
I lost it at MURAKAMI KICKU.

But yeah, an expectedly rushed wholey unsatisfying ending to a series that only got worse as it progressed. It's mushing together of SoL/Harem/Ecchi scenes with the serious plot also clashed more as the series went on. The main villain also turned out to be a let down as well, as I wanted to know more about the secret society he was a part of and their goals. 4/10
Jun 30, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2012
Dang, that was dull. It didn't even feel like a final episode.

Last episodes need to leave you with a sense of exhilaration when your done, this felt like it didn't have an ending, like they just got to this point and said: 'I don't feel like going any further.'
Jun 30, 2014 6:08 PM

May 2012
I believe the word "garbage" would be enough to describe this episode. I would lower the score for the anime because of the last few episodes, but due to their comedic value I can't bring myself to it. SHONEN KICK FOR THE WIN!!!!!! P.s. I can't help but want pudding after each episode, I don't know why.
Jun 30, 2014 6:16 PM

Dec 2013
anime series was 100 times worse than manga. There were many things unexplained and unknown. Overall 6/10 grade will not be that bad (cause of 2nd OP ).
Jun 30, 2014 6:33 PM

Oct 2011
God this last episode saved this show for me, it's just that everything finally took place but the ending was so frustrating, lol, god damn it. Scored as 7/10.
The only question for me is:
Did Valkyria survived the blast like Kuroneko did?Unless Neko is miles stronger than her, she should be alive.

To be honest the anime felt very rushed indeed, but what did you expect from something that is going to be 1 cour only, the moment any show is confirmed to be 1cour only is already enough for me to realize that is going to be A LOT rushed and ignore this fact, so I won't score this as how relevant was but how I enjoyed it.
Jun 30, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
-ZET- said:
God this last episode saved this show for me, it's just that everything finally took place but the ending was so frustrating, lol, god damn it. Scored as 7/10.
The only question for me is:
Did Valkyria survived the blast like Kuroneko did?Unless Neko is miles stronger than her, she should be alive.

To be honest the anime felt very rushed indeed, but what did you expect from something that is going to be 1 cour only, the moment any show is confirmed to be 1cour only is already enough for me to realize that is going to be A LOT rushed and ignore this fact, so I won't score this as how relevant was but how I enjoyed it.

Actually , you can just leave it as a cliffhanger.......and do it later on. It's better , in my opinion.
As an example of fitting most of the content in 1 season , even thou' it got a 2nd one (lets ignore that) , is Haganai. The 2nd season was just a bonus because it got enough cash and fans. The same could have applyed to GnB. They could have left it there and still would have made more sense than GnB.

And I repeat myself : I prefer a cliffhanger that last even for 3 years for a sequel to take place than see this bullshit.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 30, 2014 6:56 PM

Jun 2012
I Read the manga up until 58 before the series started, and I thought the adaptation was really good at first, but last few episodes were completely rushed. Overall, a quite enjoyable series, but let's say that the last part of the series brought disapointment, especially last episode. What was this battle. I mean, that was so anticlimatic. Also, while I do understand why Kazumi and Hatsuna are still alive, they could take two minutes to explain it no? And I don't understand though why Kana is back in her wheelchair. Maybe she got too used to it.

So, a bit disapointed, but mostly pleased with what I got.
Jun 30, 2014 8:12 PM

Apr 2012
I'm bored so i typed a lot. Only people more bored than i was will probably read this.

I see that the main problem people are having is that it was rushed. I don't get it though. Why is that.... bad?

What is the difference between moving fast and rushing? Rushing is when something needs to be done because of a limit on time and things need to be done immediately, but rushing is done with a purpose. To reach a destination. If you are going to be late to an interview for a job, you will rush to get ready and drive to it. Otherwise, you are late and this affects your chances to get the job. The same principle applies with anime. To reach the ending of the series it was pushed at a fast pace. Indeed some things were cut out from the source material, but when you are rushing to your interview, do you really have time to fix a gourmet omelette for breakfast? No! You fix a PopTart, and you know what? PopTart's are freaking delicious.

So as with anime, although it was rushed, it's not harmed because of that. Why does it automatically register in our minds that rushed = bad. That doesn't make sense. Did it not entertain you because it was too fast? Fast and Furious is fast, but a bunch of people watch it and like it. I don't understand. Please enlighten me, why is it bad to be rushed.

The main goal of anime is to entertain people in some sort of way. Different anime try to make you feel different things and express different views, but it all comes down to if it is entertaining. If it didn't do anything to hurt the value of entertainment, then it didn't cause a problem. I can understand in some cases why rushing things can be confusing and take away from the immersion and entertainment of the anime, but in this case it was around 3 episodes that any rushing occurred, and i didn't even notice until i read this page. People said it "felt" rushed. Things feel hard, soft, squishy, warm, and cold, but no one complains about anime "feeling" squishy. So why is it a problem to "feel" rushed.

Is it the possibility that it "could" have been better if it spread things out better? That can't be proven. In fact the anime could have very well been spread out so thin it just wasn't entertaining because of it. We cannot predict the future. This could have very well been the best result possible. Things such as "potential" have no place in entertainment. It is what is is, that is whats important, not what it could be. Twilight could have been set in outer space, or on the Death Star, but it wasn't. Would it have been better if it was? YES! Does that give it a 1/10, no, it may get one anyway, but not because of the potential to be on a Death Star.

Finally I will quote FluffyFlesh "And I repeat myself : I prefer a cliffhanger that last even for 3 years for a sequel to take place than see this bullshit." This doesn't make sense. If you are 3 years late for your interview i can assure you, you will not get the job. So eat a poptart and get over it!

Yes i gave it a 10/10, but i do that for almost everything i like." 10/10 would watch again". And its true. I would watch it again, because i enjoyed it. So if you read all of this. Go eat a PopTart and get that job!
Jun 30, 2014 9:58 PM

Apr 2011
Also people who want to start reading the manga, start from CHAPTER 1 PAGE 1 and 2. There something you mustn't miss, IIRC that scene was never put in the anime.
Jun 30, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2013
rsc-pl said:
DoctorWasabi said:
Still better than NGNL

I'm glad, that there are normal people also here.

BTW
Someone could clarify me, what happened in ending ? Why the hell everyone are alive?
> doesnt understand the ending
> calls it a great anime
Jun 30, 2014 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
As for this episode:

You know a show has done something utterly wrong when you don't feel a thing even when main characters get picked off left and right. For example, as much as I liked Kazumi... nope, didn't feel a thing. It was just kind of like, "oh well I guess she's dead, too... so what's next?"

I do love how Chisato took 100 rounds to the back. That was hilarious.

So yeah. Such mess, so contrive, much convenient, wow.

However, with respect to the first 7-8 episodes, the show was actually pretty good by my standards, so it did get me really interested in the premise. I will definitely check out the manga at some point. In that regard, I guess the anime served its purpose... maybe?
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.