Forum Settings
Forums

'Hitsugi no Chaika' Gets 2nd Season for Fall

New
May 14, 2014 8:48 AM

Nov 2007
According to the official Twitter account for Hitsugi no Chaika, an announcement has been made that the series will be receiving a second season that will air Fall 2014. More information on the second season will come at a later date.

The first season began this past April and is still currently airing.

Source: Official tweet

Hitsugi no Chaika 2nd Season on MAL
Sakana-sanApr 4, 2016 8:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 14, 2014 8:50 AM
Mar 2010
This isn't related to Chaika but, this is so not fair. ;_;

Chaika is by Bones right? Space Dandy is split cour, Chaika is split cour, Zetsuen no Tempest was split cour, why Noragami have been split cour too? ;_;
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 14, 2014 8:50 AM

Nov 2010
Was not expecting that but I'm perfectly fine with it. The anime has been enjoyable so far, very good eyebrows.

phoenixalia said:
Chaika is by Bones right? Space Dandy is split cour, Chaika is split cour, Zetsuen no Tempest was split cour, why Noragami have been split cour too? ;_;
I don't remember ZnT being split cour. It's not split up here.
May 14, 2014 8:51 AM
Jul 2012
First season seems decent so far and the story definitely needs more than 12 episodes to be fully told.

Looking forward to it.
May 14, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
That was fast. Well it's a fun show (so far) so it's good news. I think.

Akari: "Chaika."
Chaika: "Yes Chaika."

Best conversation ever.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 14, 2014 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
really? I mean...really? Hitsugi no solecism?

I don't know what to say...shocking truth
May 14, 2014 8:55 AM

Sep 2009
I wonder would we see all LNs adapted? There are 9 LNs for now and they adapt 2 eps per volume. Correct me if I'm wrong.
May 14, 2014 9:01 AM

Oct 2013
I'm enjoying the anime so far and definitely gonna watch the 2nd season!
May 14, 2014 9:05 AM
Oct 2013
It's a pleasant surprise.. The show also actually keep getting better as each episode goes by.. But isn't the announcement a bit early? It's only half season here.. Well, as long as I get more Chaika I don't have any complain..
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
May 14, 2014 9:06 AM

May 2012
It is not bad, but I think there is better animes this season that deserve 2nd season like Gokukoku no Brynhildr and Black Bullet
May 14, 2014 9:08 AM

Aug 2010
AW HELL YEA. I was really enjoying it, and hoped they wouldn't rush it to a close.
May 14, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I wonder would we see all LNs adapted? There are 9 LNs for now and they adapt 2 eps per volume. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What? 2 eps per volume? Doesn't seem rushed judging by the anime pace imo, or maybe Bones is just that good at adapting.

thepath said:
It is not bad, but I think there is better animes this season that deserve 2nd season like Gokukoku no Brynhildr and Black Bullet

I'd say that with the pace both of them are adapted, the leftover material wouldn't be enough to cover a 2nd season anyway atm.

Anyway, there'd better be an announcement for Noragami 2nd Season too soon. What's with all their recent shows being 2-cour but not Noragami which have a lot of material left to adapt >:|

OT: Will be watching too, the current season is pretty entertaining so far :)
EasyGo-erMay 14, 2014 9:15 AM

May 14, 2014 9:11 AM
Dec 2013
Fucking A. The same year as the first season too. I'm really invested in the show.
May 14, 2014 9:12 AM

Nov 2011
Somewhat expected imo but interesting to know :3
May 14, 2014 9:12 AM

Nov 2013
All I can do is smile.
May 14, 2014 9:18 AM

Jun 2013
tsubasalover said:
According to official anime twitter, Hitsugi no Chaika was announced to get 2nd season for Fall 2014. More information comes out later time. First season is currently airing.

Source: Official tweet
Great news. I'll marathon the first season when it ends then. I'll still be waiting for my Noragami s2...
May 14, 2014 9:18 AM
Apr 2012
Did not expect this, well not until the first season has finished and they can assess how it's faired but nevertheless I am extremely happy about this. It's a series that kinda slipped under the radar and has been the surprise of the season for me.
May 14, 2014 9:32 AM
Dec 2013
xchee said:
That was fast. Well it's a fun show (so far) so it's good news. I think.

Chaika: "Yes Chaika."

Best conversation ever.

Best convo ever hahaha.

Good show, like it a lot. Glad there is another season coming so soon.
May 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2011
This is good news! More Chaikas to come.
May 14, 2014 9:35 AM

Jan 2009
phoenixalia said:

You can't expect every anime to succeed when producing 2-cour, it's a risk, so most of the time one season is not that bad of choice and risk is not big. Noragami in his case was a successful project (thanks to all those lovely fujoshi who purchased the DVD!), making it possible in the future to have 2nd season, don't lose hope, it will come.

Back to the topic,
FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSS
May 14, 2014 9:35 AM

Aug 2008
Hell yeah ^^ Motto motto loli action xD

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
May 14, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
Wow.

YAY!
Cute is justice.
May 14, 2014 9:42 AM

Nov 2013
Certainly very good news. The show is very entertaining and has decent production values, the only thing that worried me is how they were gonna end it in 12 episodes.
Will watch for sure.
Go Bones!!
May 14, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2007
Didn't see it coming but I definitly will watch more Chaika <3
May 14, 2014 9:49 AM

Apr 2012
Considering the - for MAL - rather low rating, low number of watchers and the usual dropping in rating nearly each episode this is more surprising than justified in my eyes.
See for yourself: http://anime.daanst.de/?show=20853

Must be planned before S1 even aired, huh?
Actually this anime is in my watching list but I just don' feel like watching it mainly because of Chaika..a second season doesn't help it either. Guess, I gonna drop it rather now than later.
May 14, 2014 9:55 AM

Apr 2012
more kawaii Chaika..!
May 14, 2014 9:56 AM
Mar 2010
Ame_Sama said:

You can't expect every anime to succeed when producing 2-cour, it's a risk, so most of the time one season is not that bad of choice and risk is not big. Noragami in his case was a successful project (thanks to all those lovely fujoshi who purchased the DVD!), making it possible in the future to have 2nd season, don't lose hope, it will come.

Ah I know, I know I can't expect every anime to be split cour but I just love Noragami so much. I totally understand why it wasn't split cour but it still hurts...

Yep, I'm totally waiting for that Season 2 announcement in September. There better be one!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 14, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2012
Yes please. Very nice surprise. Even better action quality to come.
May 14, 2014 9:57 AM

Feb 2013
I appreciate those eyebrows. I'm pretty enjoying the show so far.

May 14, 2014 10:01 AM
Oct 2013
First Selector Infected WIXOSS... now Hitsugi no Chaika... and the OVA of Nisekoi... for sure... This year is surprise me everyday... the only thing that i wanna know is: how i'll make some time to watch all this.... e.e
May 14, 2014 10:02 AM

Feb 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Was not expecting that but I'm perfectly fine with it. The anime has been enjoyable so far, very good eyebrows.

phoenixalia said:
I don't remember ZnT being split cour. It's not split up here.

Yeah, Tempest wasn't split-cour. That being said I'd still for Noragami to be split-cour too.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 14, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
Nice! Loving this series so far :D
May 14, 2014 10:12 AM

Nov 2010
nantuko said:
Considering the - for MAL - rather low rating, low number of watchers and the usual dropping in rating nearly each episode this is more surprising than justified in my eyes.
MAL's scores reflect how it's doing with Japanese viewers? Not even the anime series' that make the most money aren't popular on MAL.
May 14, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2013
Good news. Grateful.
"Burn the heretics"
May 14, 2014 10:16 AM

Nov 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
That being said I'd still for Noragami to be split-cour too.

It is likely imo and hopefully will be announced in the future. This update gave me hope :p
May 14, 2014 10:18 AM

Oct 2009
Woah unexpected! Great news, one of the better shows this season :D
May 14, 2014 10:18 AM
Aug 2011
thepath said:
I think there is better animes this season that deserve 2nd season like Gokukoku no Brynhildr and Black Bullet

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I'm sure I won't find a funnier joke elsewhere.

I do like the characters but that's about it.
Now i'll feel obligated to watch the rest and I don't want that so I might drop it now.
Decisions decisions.
May 14, 2014 10:21 AM

Apr 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
nantuko said:
MAL's scores reflect how it's doing with Japanese viewers? Not even the anime series' that make the most money aren't popular on MAL.

Might be true, however, I dare to say it doesn't matter too much what kind of audience the anime has.
The indication is, the anime is not outstanding at all. It's barely average, nothing groundbreaking, you get the idea.
May 14, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
nantuko said:

Must be planned before S1 even aired, huh?
Actually this anime is in my watching list but I just don' feel like watching it mainly because of Chaika..a second season doesn't help it either. Guess, I gonna drop it rather now than later.

And how's MAL rating related to what happens in Japan? MAL presents mostly what westerns loves, not what japans love, NGNL is super popular here but it's not doing much in Japan, while in Japan right now everybody talks about Love Live S2.
May 14, 2014 10:23 AM

Feb 2012
Awesome.

Chaika's design is what instantly caught my eye when I first looked into this show. Love everything about her. The rest of the show's not bad either.
May 14, 2014 10:29 AM

Feb 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Very good eyebrows.

Oh god , that made my day x'DD

Anyway , didn't expect this ... but I'm super happy :D
May 14, 2014 10:33 AM

Nov 2010
nantuko said:
IntroverTurtle said:
nantuko said:

Might be true, however, I dare to say it doesn't matter too much what kind of audience the anime has.
The indication is, the anime is not outstanding at all. It's barely average, nothing groundbreaking, you get the idea.
The audience matters a whole lot.
May 14, 2014 10:34 AM

Oct 2012
May 14, 2014 10:36 AM

Dec 2011
Great news.

EasyGo-er said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

What? 2 eps per volume? Doesn't seem rushed judging by the anime pace imo, or maybe Bones is just that good at adapting.

The first volume was covered in 2 episodes. But then about 75% of it was covered just in the first episode. I haven't actually read beyond that and not bothered to check.

Toaki90 said:
Good news. Grateful.

I see what you did there...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 14, 2014 10:40 AM

Feb 2012
Awesome news ^O^
May 14, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
phoenixalia said:

My point/wish xD
So I'm expecting a shocking ending like hamatora >_>

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 14, 2014 10:55 AM

Jan 2012
Yaay another season!!! ^_^
Loving the series now :D
May 14, 2014 11:24 AM
Jan 2014
Exciting, can't wait to get some more eyebrows.

I hope Chaika doesn't read this.
May 14, 2014 11:25 AM

Mar 2012
Oh my god Yes this was totally unexpected but im so glad it did.

Hitsugi no chaika is one of my favourites for this season, i dont know why but there is just soemthing that to me makes so much enjoyable to watch, mayby it is the simple stuff cause comapred to most shows i have watched this one seemsquite tamed.

BUT HELL YES this is my compansassion for the troubles i have been having these last and the next few days.

Also this brigns hope it will end the series well, granted that the volumes are finished yet but i think the auther already knows how he will end it and i think the LN is nearly finished too altough im not sure
May 14, 2014 11:28 AM

Apr 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
nantuko said:
IntroverTurtle said:
nantuko said:

The audience matters a whole lot.

For what exactly? Sales? Sure.
Determining whether the anime is good or bad? Not really. Shit sells when done right.
Getting an absolute rating for an anime? Doesn't exist.
Justifying a sequel for a (highly subjectively) mediocre anime where the rating from a mixed audience of different nationalities (mainly American, apparently) indicates it's nothing fantastic - at all? Debatable.
S1 must or is calculated to make a profit in some way to announce a second season, still keep the bold part in mind.
Feel free to disagree with me, though.
This announcement is still great for all people who enjoy this anime, no matter the quality.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Grendizer U' Unveils Supporting Cast, Second Promo for Summer 2024

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
42 minutes ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Announces Supporting Cast

Nioxys - Apr 28

9 by PlasticRobot »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

20 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

9 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
6 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

37 by AkbarSenpai202 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.