I see how it is.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
May 1, 2014 7:35 PM

Apr 2012
DerpHole said:
Kineta said:
@YorozuyaGinSan:

I see how it is.

I honestly think you should just force somebody to make more favorites (oh hey, I won't make names, guess who I'm talking about as usual).

And no, taking this to suggestions is useless, you guys refuse it outright for whatever random reasons.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 1, 2014 7:36 PM

Apr 2013
Congrats to all the new mods. Good to see a lot of users I know of.

Also great that the ban guidelines are much clearer. Hopefully this reduces arguing about that stuff

DerpHole said:
Kineta said:
@YorozuyaGinSan:

I see how it is.

Uh oh

Time to delete my favorites
May 1, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Removed my prior posts. Congrats to the new admins.
May 1, 2014 7:50 PM

Jun 2012
Damn thats a lot of mods. Kind of scared right meow.
May 1, 2014 7:51 PM

Dec 2010
Congrats to the new mods
May 1, 2014 7:54 PM

Jun 2012
Woah woah wait. MAL is giving out perma bans on the 5th offense? Isnt that a bit harsh?
May 1, 2014 7:58 PM

Jun 2007
People tend to like more than 5 shows or mangas. Don't see why there has to be a limit in the first place. It's stupid.

May 1, 2014 7:59 PM

Nov 2010
starrysky said:
People tend to like more than 5 shows or mangas. Don't see why there has to be a limit in the first place. It's stupid.
Because they're not your likes, they're your favorites and those are supposed to be small in number. I like most of the anime I watch but most of them aren't considered my favorites.
May 1, 2014 8:00 PM

Apr 2013
Shuhan said:
Woah woah wait. MAL is giving out perma bans on the 5th offense? Isnt that a bit harsh?

Getting banned five times is kinda hard

Isn't it that every 6 months of no warnings/bans gives one less ban?
May 1, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
starrysky said:
Because they're not your likes, they're your favorites and those are supposed to be small in number. I like most of the anime I watch but most of them aren't considered my favorites.

More like because xinil cant code more than 5 things.
May 1, 2014 8:01 PM

Sep 2012
Cupquake said:
Shuhan said:

As a person with 3 bans myself I'm curious as well

And one was like an accidental ban too
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
May 1, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2012
Cupquake said:
Shuhan said:

Yeah my fault, I missed that part.
That isnt so bad.
May 1, 2014 8:04 PM

Jan 2009

Backseat modding
Addressing rule violations (e.g. "wrong board", "inb4 lock", calling people trolls)
Trying to correct rule violations (e.g. telling the user to post in another board)

While the intent of the user may only be to help the user and the staff, users often do not like being directed by non-moderators (which only makes the situation worse) and the user may unintentionally provide the user with wrong information. In short, it quite often creates more work for moderators than it actually helps.

Like with spam, singular backseat modding posts are deleted without warning. If a user makes many posts in one thread or singular

this is called MINI-MODDING right? i do this sometimes here but now im gonna stop it and just report whoever i see do this
May 1, 2014 8:07 PM

Apr 2013
j0x said:

Backseat modding
Addressing rule violations (e.g. "wrong board", "inb4 lock", calling people trolls)
Trying to correct rule violations (e.g. telling the user to post in another board)

While the intent of the user may only be to help the user and the staff, users often do not like being directed by non-moderators (which only makes the situation worse) and the user may unintentionally provide the user with wrong information. In short, it quite often creates more work for moderators than it actually helps.

Like with spam, singular backseat modding posts are deleted without warning. If a user makes many posts in one thread or singular

this is called MINI-MODDING right? i do this sometimes here but now im gonna stop it and just report whoever i see do this

I don't really think that's necessary unless someone has a problem with the self modding. The mods will see it anyway since a thread where people said 'inb4 lock' and 'wrong board' are usually the threads that are reported for listing/being in the wrong board.
May 1, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2009
Cupquake said:
j0x said:

Backseat modding

I don't really think that's necessary unless someone has a problem with the self modding. The mods will see it anyway since a thread where people said 'inb4 lock' and 'wrong board' are usually the threads that are reported for listing/being in the wrong board.

ye but rules are rules

@Kineta
are the new rules will be applicable to old threads too like a retroactive law? i think its unfair for the new rules to be applied to old offenses (that are not illegal at those times)
May 1, 2014 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
They've had the "no self modding" thing on IRC for months and you can join RIGHT NOW and see someone calling everyone trolls.

Self Modding is a staple of mal because everyone on this website calls anyone who says anything they disagree with a troll.
May 1, 2014 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
So the bottomline is Kineta wut r u doin, plz leave.
May 1, 2014 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
Shuhan said:
Cupquake said:
Shuhan said:

Yeah my fault, I missed that part.
That isnt so bad.

I honestly like that change. Personally, I dislike how some ppl brag after their ban period is over about how much they don't care and continue doing the things they've always been doing. I didn't know a permanent ban existed until today b/c I see the same ppl who were banned from MAL on several occasions. If it weren't for the 6 months of no bans, I'd find it harsh, too. I can tell Kineta (and possibly others) put a lot of thought and planning into this, so I applaud them for it.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
May 1, 2014 8:29 PM

Sep 2012
Demi_V said:

I honestly like that change. Personally, I dislike how some ppl brag after their ban period is over about how much they don't care and continue doing the things they've always been doing. I didn't know a permanent ban existed until today b/c I see the same ppl who were banned from MAL on several occasions. If it weren't for the 6 months of no bans, I'd find it harsh, too. I can tell Kineta (and possibly others) put a lot of thought and planning into this, so I applaud them for it.
But it screws people like me over who do give a fuck and bitch about it for days after they get unbanned. >:[

I think I should get some slack for bitching about it.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
May 1, 2014 8:30 PM

Apr 2013
Stop posting for six months after every ban?
May 1, 2014 8:34 PM

Dec 2013
That 5 ban rule is scary. What if you get the most bullshit bans all the way to 5? Especially when you only get a point back after every 6 months.
And congrats to the mods who got the title please be gentle
May 1, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2013
Korrvo said:
Demi_V said:

But it screws people like me over who do give a fuck and bitch about it for days after they get unbanned. >:[

I don't mean b***h about it. It's understandable to be angry. I'm referring to people who say they did nothing wrong or calls their actions (e.g. harassing people) justifiable and continue doing the same thing repeatedly.
Demi Valentine

May 1, 2014 8:50 PM

Jan 2013
Demi_V said:
Korrvo said:
Demi_V said:

I don't mean b***h about it. It's understandable to be angry. I'm referring to people who say they did nothing wrong or calls their actions (e.g. harassing people) justifiable and continue doing the same thing repeatedly.

Would it bother you guys that one of those people who bragged about getting banned repeatedly is now a Mod capable of banning you?
May 1, 2014 8:59 PM

Sep 2010
Regardless of all this other discussion, congrats to the new mods!
May 1, 2014 9:08 PM

Sep 2012
Demi_V said:

All I did was post off topic and that's why this is annoying >.>

well aside from the first one which was "spam" but it was one harmless thread

dsafasfaf im cranky im going to sleep
May 1, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2012
Mellow4mod. It came out of nowhere.

Zelot got in too.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 1, 2014 9:25 PM

Jun 2012
Aww, shucks. I've been banned well over five times already, guess I'm not long for this world.
May 1, 2014 9:29 PM

Jul 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Aww, shucks. I've been banned well over five times already, guess I'm not long for this world.

That actually brings a good question. Are the bans starting over with these new changes? In other words, does everyone get a clean slate now? Maybe Kineta said it and I missed it.
Demi Valentine

May 1, 2014 9:30 PM

Aug 2012
Congrats to the new mods!

The amount of love in this thread is amazing. <3
May 1, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2009
Demi_V said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

That actually brings a good question. Are the bans starting over with these new changes? In other words, does everyone get a clean slate now? Maybe Kineta said it and I missed it.

like i said earlier its gonna be unfair for a lot of people if they made the new rules retroactive laws (applicable even on past mistakes)
May 1, 2014 9:50 PM

Sep 2012
Either ways, congratulations on everyone becoming a forum moderator!
Seems like YLF is now is total control

Not going to lie though, I find it amusing how back in late 2012, Luna_ was the only active forum moderator. And now we have 17 proper forum moderators!
Hopefully now reports will responded to a lot quicker.
rodacMay 1, 2014 11:50 PM
May 1, 2014 10:25 PM

Feb 2008
Can't wait to see who will drop first.
May 1, 2014 10:34 PM

Oct 2011
Thanks for informing us of the new guidelines :)

Congratulations to the new mods!
May 1, 2014 10:38 PM

Mar 2008
The road goes ever on. Let's see how the scenery will change.

Enter the neo-neo-mods. Applause!
May 1, 2014 10:43 PM

Sep 2008
Good mods. Hope they last at least a month.
May 1, 2014 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
Congratulations! I hope you all are ready for the arduous work that lies ahead of you. Good luck!
May 1, 2014 11:06 PM

Jul 2012
I'm glad they brought in some more mods. It'll be interesting to see how well they do! They've got quite the task ahead of them.
May 1, 2014 11:25 PM

Oct 2009
Kobapo said:

kobapo sighting
May 1, 2014 11:45 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, that's really all I can say, just wow
May 2, 2014 12:13 AM

Feb 2009
A question on the backseat modding.
Would people questioning the incorrect details of information on anime/manga entries and me correcting them or redirecting them to the Anime/Manga DB Modification thread count as backseat modding?
I sometimes do this when I encounter them, more so on the DB modifications board so I wouldn't want to get warnings for this. Should I just report everything I see?

Congratulations to the new forum mods. I see some familiar names in there so I'm expecting lots from them. Expect some reports from me that I hope will get some fast response. Some reports I do take about a day before I get noted that it was resolved.
I'd better familiarize myself on the updates guidelines as well to make reporting easier.
May 2, 2014 12:45 AM

Dec 2012
Congratulation new mods! All of you are great additions to our team.
May 2, 2014 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
Niyawa is a wonderful addition to the team, I am glad you choose him and wish him good luck. Good luck to the rest of the team as well.

[sarcasm]Oh, and why don't you make QueenJenny a mod as well? I remember him/her having a White Pride Worldwide avatar once. He/She is def. mod quality.[/sarcasm]
It seems like I need to make sarcasm obvious now if I don't want to get warned, bummer.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 2, 2014 3:09 AM

Apr 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Niyawa is a wonderful addition to the team, I am glad you choose him and wish him good luck. Good luck to the rest of the team as well.

[sarcasm]Oh, and why don't you make QueenJenny a mod as well? I remember him/her having a White Pride Worldwide avatar once. He/She is def. mod quality.[/sarcasm]
It seems like I need to make sarcasm obvious now if I don't want to get warned, bummer.

We also need Bloodcalibur here, he'd make a rule where betas can't post.

We could also make PirateRoberts a mod. Unknown conclusion, but I guess it would be fun to experiment with the community, nobody minds right?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 2, 2014 3:36 AM

Nov 2012
YLF conquering MAL.
What a glorious and historical day this has become.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
KinetaMay 3, 2014 7:02 PM
May 2, 2014 4:34 AM

Jul 2012
[sun praising intensifies]

Congratulations to all the cute new moderators.

Expect many cuddles in future.

May 2, 2014 4:36 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit. I never thought Mellow would become a mod. Ever.

Oh, and congratulations to the fresh meat mods.
May 2, 2014 5:13 AM

Apr 2012
Snakes said:
Congratulations to all the cute new moderators.

Expect many cuddles in future.

Anyhow, congratulations to all of the new forum mods, with an extra touch of moe congratulatory-ness to Zelot and Hederick a.k.a. Secret Santa-kun.

May 2, 2014 6:05 AM

Feb 2010
Congratulations new mods! forum just got livelier~

"Hearing your stories has added upon me yet another sin. More nightmares will come to me now. More than I previously had." - V.V.
★☆★☆
May 2, 2014 6:12 AM

Aug 2012
RandomPerson4 said:
YLF conquering MAL.
What a glorious and historical day this has become.

It is a day to celebrate indeed.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KinetaMay 3, 2014 7:02 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

225 by Baldo_zz »»
12 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.