Forum Settings
Forums

Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, PWG, ROH, NJPW...)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 67 68 [69] 70 71 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2015 6:44 AM

Jul 2012
Kimura said:
Yes, and it's not the first, nor certainly the last, time they have.
Oh

Well it felt super weird how they tried to justify Reign'S RR win and cool down the buzz

Off topic but is that the meidocafe guy?
MaorFeb 3, 2015 6:50 AM
הלב שלי כבר מת
Feb 3, 2015 8:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It's pretty predictable that Reigns won't lose to Bryan, although this could be the first match where Reigns might need to go for 2 or more Spears to win the match.

Feb 3, 2015 7:21 PM

Sep 2007
papsoshea said:
Jeez, JBL and Booker trading blows on the commentary.

Book is great on commentary. The guy puts people over, regardless of them being face or heel, which is what the announce team should be doing.
Feb 3, 2015 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
Apparently Kallisto is going to be debuting a new gimmick. He's going to be a gay hairdresser. He blew away officials, with his portrayal, to the point that he is seriously being considered doing that gimmick instead of continuing with the Kalisto gimmick.

A GAY HAIR DRESSER.

W
T
F
Feb 3, 2015 9:12 PM

Sep 2007
Swoope said:
Apparently Kallisto is going to be debuting a new gimmick. He's going to be a gay hairdresser. He blew away officials, with his portrayal, to the point that he is seriously being considered doing that gimmick instead of continuing with the Kalisto gimmick.

A GAY HAIR DRESSER.

W
T
F

Sounds like Rico all over again. Would be preferable if they had kept his current lucha gimmick.
Feb 4, 2015 6:53 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Wasabi said:
Swoope said:

A GAY HAIR DRESSER.

W
T
F

Sounds like Rico all over again. Would be preferable if they had kept his current lucha gimmick.

He could have been the next Rey Mysterio or at the very least have Lucha Dragons bring more competition to the Tag Team Division. Usos, Miz, Gold/Stardust, same tag team matches over and over again. If WWE didn't bother in pushing Rey/BotchCara then why not push the better Sin Cara and Kalisto.

Feb 4, 2015 7:16 AM

Dec 2007
If that's actually true I'll eat my hat.
Feb 4, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
Ziggler is apparently set to turn heel at Fast Lane. I'm all for it.
Feb 4, 2015 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
LunaticFringe said:

Can't stand him as a heel, honestly.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 4, 2015 11:41 AM

Sep 2007
LunaticFringe said:

Anybody would get instant heat by costing Bryan his match at Fast Lane.
Feb 4, 2015 12:40 PM
Mar 2014
If Ziggler does end up turning heel, I won't even consider watching the event on Mania day. Turning him heel is just unnecessary, and they don't have to go through with it in order to set up a match between him and Bryan. Not only that, but it would only complicate the event when he advocated for the match on Twitter initially, to which Bryan already agreed with complete enthusiasm. And there's the fact that he's probably the 2nd most over wrestler on the roster, and the fans would clearly rather cheer for Ziggler than boo him.
Feb 4, 2015 1:05 PM

Nov 2011
LunaticFringe said:

I wouldn't be too surprised. WWE seems to be pushing the feud between him and Bryan. Still, I'd rather see a classic Face vs Face match.
Feb 4, 2015 1:11 PM

Jun 2014
I don't see the appeal in a face vs face match. Sure, it's probably a better decision to keep Dolph face because he's one of the most over guys on the roster and he would be a big loss but what would the feud be about if it was face vs face ? Typical rivalry based on respect ? Personally, i don't wanna see that. I miss the arrogant and cocky Ziggler. The best thing about a heel turn is that he will probably get more mic time, as a face whenever he does talk it's only about him delivering every night which has gotten old now.
Feb 4, 2015 1:14 PM

Nov 2011
LunaticFringe said:
I don't see the appeal in a face vs face match. Sure, it's probably a better decision to keep Dolph face because he's one of the most over guys on the roster and he would be a big loss but what would the feud be about if it was face vs face ? Typical rivalry based on respect ? Personally, i don't wanna see that. I miss the arrogant and cocky Ziggler. The best thing about a heel turn is that he will probably get more mic time, as a face whenever he does talk it's only about him delivering every night which has gotten old now.

From the way I see it, it would deliver more of a classic match with a top Face of the company against another top Face. It may also allow the WWE to finally see that Ziggler will be ready (regardless win or loss as long as he puts up a strong performance). Because for whatever reason, WWE is not putting him out there in the main event even after Survivor Series. The guy really deserves to be in the world picture sometimes this year anyways.

Also from what I understand or read somewhere, the big heel they are trying to bring up is Sheamus; unrelated to this though. However anything is possible at Fast Lane so we'll see.
Feb 4, 2015 1:27 PM

Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
LunaticFringe said:

From the way I see it, it would deliver more of a classic match with a top Face of the company against another top Face. It may also allow the WWE to finally see that Ziggler will be ready (regardless win or loss as long as he puts up a strong performance). Because for whatever reason, WWE is not putting him out there in the main event even after Survivor Series. The guy really deserves to be in the world picture sometimes this year anyways.

Also from what I understand or read somewhere, the big heel they are trying to bring up is Sheamus; unrelated to this though. However anything is possible at Fast Lane so we'll see.

Ziggler was ready a long time ago but like you said, for some strange reason they hold him back and stick him to the upper-mid card and give him IC title runs. Unfortuately, i don't see Dolph getting his hands on a world title again unless they split the titles again at some point. His strong performances get him more over with the fans and that's about it, he never goes beyond that.
Feb 4, 2015 6:11 PM

Jan 2015
LunaticFringe said:
Stark700 said:

Ziggler was ready a long time ago but like you said, for some strange reason they hold him back and stick him to the upper-mid card and give him IC title runs. Unfortuately, i don't see Dolph getting his hands on a world title again unless they split the titles again at some point. His strong performances get him more over with the fans and that's about it, he never goes beyond that.

Well, I like Ziggler as a Face as well. There's no need of Face vs Heel match for Bryan and Ziggler, Two baby-faces who wants to prove they are better than another is very interesting story and match, especially with the guys like Bryan and Ziggler who have very great wrestling skills.
Feb 4, 2015 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
If you want to see a cool face vs. face match check out Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart in the '93 King of the Ring. It's very possible to do a match of this type and make it really interesting.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 4, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2015
insan3Inquisitor said:
If you want to see a cool face vs. face match check out Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart in the '93 King of the Ring. It's very possible to do a match of this type and make it really interesting.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try to watch it. I dot know if you are a puroresu fan but you might enjoy Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi matches. Their series' match I highly recommend to watch are January 20th 1997 for Triple Crown World Champion in All Japan Pro Wrestling and their encounter in Pro wrestling Noah 2003, both matches are awesome.

I bet you have watched Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle series' matches haha
Feb 4, 2015 7:07 PM

Jun 2009
I remember some of Benoit and Angle's matches, but it's been quite a while. I'm going through the early raws and PPV's in the 90's on the WWE Network and that match I mentioned was one of them (actually Bret was on a roll all throughout the night, wrestling three very solid matches).

I've watched a few Japanese matches, can't say what organizations they were but they were pretty solid. Not many though, just some of Bryan's work with KENTA and this one brutal as hell women's match that I can't remember who the participants were.

I don't guess your suggestions would be on youtube or something?

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 4, 2015 8:32 PM

Jan 2015
Both matches are on youtube, I'm on my phone as I'm typing this but I'll send you the link if you want once I come to my computer. Bryan Danielsob and KENTA's matches are great, I like their matches in ROH Glory Night of Honor Night Two
Feb 4, 2015 9:24 PM

Jun 2009
Prasdana said:
Both matches are on youtube, I'm on my phone as I'm typing this but I'll send you the link if you want once I come to my computer. Bryan Danielsob and KENTA's matches are great, I like their matches in ROH Glory Night of Honor Night Two

Yeah, that would be cool.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 5, 2015 6:31 AM

Jan 2015
insan3Inquisitor said:
Prasdana said:

There you go, enjoy:

Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi (Pro-Wrestling Noah 2003): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1CyGiX1TtQ

Misawa vs Kobashi (AJPW January 20th 1997):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo_Wc0iE04Q

And also Benoit vs The Great Sasuka in Super J-Cup Final, this is another great match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08pXe-jZEuA

Chris Benoit, Mitsuharu Misawa, and Kenta Kobashi are my top 3 favorite wrestlers of all time. Oh yeah, I sent you a friend request, check it out
Feb 5, 2015 8:59 AM
Jul 2018

I was watching the documentary last night and this part got me emotional, knowing the relationship between Vince and Mark, I know this was a hard moment for both of them. I hope one day we could hear about how they felt and their thoughts before, during, and after the match.
Feb 5, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
Bacardi-x-Cola said:

I was watching the documentary last night and this part got me emotional, knowing the relationship between Vince and Mark, I know this was a hard moment for both of them. I hope one day we could hear about how they felt and their thoughts before, during, and after the match.

you have a link to this documentary?
Feb 5, 2015 11:04 AM

Jun 2009
What is that documentary about exactly? The streak? First I've heard of this.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 5, 2015 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
Prasdana said:
insan3Inquisitor said:

There you go, enjoy:

Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi (Pro-Wrestling Noah 2003): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1CyGiX1TtQ

And also Benoit vs The Great Sasuka in Super J-Cup Final, this is another great match.

Chris Benoit, Mitsuharu Misawa, and Kenta Kobashi are my top 3 favorite wrestlers of all time. Oh yeah, I sent you a friend request, check it out

World will never have a wrestler like Misawa, the real GOAT.

Anyway, you follow puro actively or?
Feb 5, 2015 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
Dream95 said:
Bacardi-x-Cola said:

you have a link to this documentary?

insan3Inquisitor said:
What is that documentary about exactly? The streak? First I've heard of this.

I watched it on the WWE Network so no I don't have the link, sorry (you can torrent it if you want, and it should be on the internet somewhere), but it's a 30 minute documentary about Wrestlemania 30, the Undertaker/Brock Lesnar segment is really short, it shows Taker walking to towards the entrance area (which is actually pretty amazing), Vince hugging him before he goes out, and afterwards where he had a concision and Vince yelling to the other wrestlers and workers to help him after the match (since the concussion he had was real), Vince was genuinely concerned about Mark's health after the match was done.
removed-userFeb 5, 2015 11:25 AM
Feb 5, 2015 12:03 PM

Jun 2009
Ah, if it's on the network then I can watch it then.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 5, 2015 12:54 PM

Nov 2011
Bacardi-x-Cola said:

This scene is touching ;_;

I hope to see The Undertaker in ring action again but the performance he has put up these past two decades has been simply amazing.
Feb 5, 2015 2:23 PM

Jan 2015
masochist-chan said:
Prasdana said:

There you go, enjoy:

World will never have a wrestler like Misawa, the real GOAT.

Anyway, you follow puro actively or?

Yes Misawa is great, very athletic for a big man and he has a lot of moves in his arsenal. I'm not a fan of Dave Meltzer, but Misawa is well deserving of 24 five star matches.

No, I don't follow Puroresu actively, WWE is the only company I follow constantly but I do like watching past matches from any company. I heard about Misawa and Kobashi from Yahoo! Answer wrestling section and I gave it a try. Misawa and Kobashi end being up as my second and third favorite wrestlers of all time. I like KENTA, Toshiaki Kawada, Jushin Liger, and Ultimo Dragon as well.

And about Taker, well I hope he still can have one more againts Sting at WM 32. I'm fine if Taker doesn't wrestle on this year, he can definitely just show up at Lesnar-Reign's match after the match over, Taker shows up and chockslam Lesnar and put him into the casket
Feb 5, 2015 2:27 PM

Jun 2014
Cena has been used well lately. He's not stealing anyone's spotlight and is staying far away from the WWE title picture.
Feb 5, 2015 2:47 PM
Mar 2014
LunaticFringe said:
Cena has been used well lately. He's not stealing anyone's spotlight and is staying far away from the WWE title picture.

Yeah. I really don't like how he has to be the guy to finally put down Rusev, though.
Feb 5, 2015 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
UndeadKrypt said:
LunaticFringe said:

Yeah. I really don't like how he has to be the guy to finally put down Rusev, though.

What i don't understand is that the match is rumored to also take place at Wrestlemania. As far as i know, there was never a rematch at Wrestlemania from the previous PPV.
Feb 5, 2015 4:09 PM

Sep 2007
LunaticFringe said:
UndeadKrypt said:

What i don't understand is that the match is rumored to also take place at Wrestlemania. As far as i know, there was never a rematch at Wrestlemania from the previous PPV.

Fast Lane is for the US title, which makes absolutely no sense for Cena to win. This will most likely result in a DQ finish for Rusev, building him up to be an even bigger threat for Cena to overcome at WM.

Bacardi-x-Cola said:

I watched it on the WWE Network so no I don't have the link, sorry (you can torrent it if you want, and it should be on the internet somewhere), but it's a 30 minute documentary about Wrestlemania 30, the Undertaker/Brock Lesnar segment is really short, it shows Taker walking to towards the entrance area (which is actually pretty amazing), Vince hugging him before he goes out, and afterwards where he had a concision and Vince yelling to the other wrestlers and workers to help him after the match (since the concussion he had was real), Vince was genuinely concerned about Mark's health after the match was done.

Docs like these are great. WWE needs to make more of them.
Feb 6, 2015 12:34 AM

Nov 2011
Just watched the "my name is paul heyman" documentary on the network I already love the guy but i now love him even more
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Feb 6, 2015 12:40 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I want to watch more of Austin's Podcast soon.
Feb 6, 2015 12:41 AM

Jun 2009
Lots of documentaries I need to watch, first of all the Randy Savage one.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 6, 2015 6:19 AM

Jun 2014
So now, the WWE has apparently relinquished the idea of having Dolph vs Bryan at Mania and Dolph will join Ryback and form a tag team with him which will lead to a tag team match at WM for Dolph.

I'm totally ok with tag team pairing but Dolph never had a stellar performance at Wrestlemania yet and a match with DB would be the best way for him to have his first breakout WM match.
Feb 6, 2015 6:40 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LunaticFringe said:
So now, the WWE has apparently relinquished the idea of having Dolph vs Bryan at Mania and Dolph will join Ryback and form a tag team with him which will lead to a tag team match at WM for Dolph.

I'm totally ok with tag team pairing but Dolph never had a stellar performance at Wrestlemania yet and a match with DB would be the best way for him to have his first breakout WM match.

Looks like WWE is firm on that Bryan vs Sheamus feud.

I'm ok with a Ziggler in a tag team, but WWE is wasting his talent by keeping him in a B- mid card matches.

Feb 6, 2015 4:10 PM

Jun 2009
I don't know, it seems to me that things look like it's going to end up being Bryan and Rollins at Mania. I hope so, this would be the best match for Bryan outside of Lesnar imo.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 6, 2015 5:18 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
insan3Inquisitor said:
I don't know, it seems to me that things look like it's going to end up being Bryan and Rollins at Mania. I hope so, this would be the best match for Bryan outside of Lesnar imo.

What about Orton?
It makes more sense to have him return to face Rollins and build up that rivalry to at least Extreme Rules.

Feb 6, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2015
SweetKotomi said:
insan3Inquisitor said:

What about Orton?
It makes more sense to have him return to face Rollins and build up that rivalry to at least Extreme Rules.

I agree about having Bryan vs Rollins at Mania. But if Orton does return prior to Mania Orton most likely will face off againts Rollins at Mania because the last time Orton appeared on TV he attacked Rollins and leaves the Authority. A Heel Sheamus could face off Orton as well in Mania if Bryan vs Rollins does happen but it makes more sense if Orton's opponent is Rollins
Feb 6, 2015 6:43 PM

Jun 2008
So it's being said that both Triple H and HBK tried to bury CM Punk during his try out match. If true...messed up much?

http://www.stillrealtous.com/former-wwe-writer-says-triple-h-hbk-tried-bury-cm-punk-front-vince-tryout-match/
Feb 9, 2015 12:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Why do I have a feeling Reigns is going to squash Danial Bryan at FL. Have Reigns look like a threat by squashing Bryan in a 5 minute match.

Feb 9, 2015 3:06 PM

Jun 2014
SweetKotomi said:
Why do I have a feeling Reigns is going to squash Danial Bryan at FL. Have Reigns look like a threat by squashing Bryan in a 5 minute match.

Apparently Vince is planning on including Bryan to the WM main event so no, this won't happen.
Feb 9, 2015 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Who's ready for Raw tonight?

[spoiler]
Feb 9, 2015 5:14 PM

Feb 2013
Omg, lol. Stephanie is killing me.

And Roman: "No, actually I did it because I could." I liked that.
Feb 9, 2015 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
Bray still getting that push. Match with Ziggler was great. And that clothesline at the end was fucking vicious.

Hope he leaves another message tonight.
Feb 9, 2015 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
The beast!
Feb 9, 2015 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Ziggler squashed and Rollins nudes.

And I thought I'd seen it all
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 67 68 [69] 70 71 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.