Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2009 4:46 AM

Apr 2009
This was... fantastic. Definately the best anime movie I've ever seen.

10/10, and favorite.
Dec 20, 2009 7:23 PM

May 2009
Fantastic finale. A great, un-eqivocating plot and superb emotional closure.
Dec 21, 2009 3:55 AM

Jan 2008
Best Scene ^_^
Dec 22, 2009 7:59 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't find anything special about the movie.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Dec 22, 2009 8:15 PM

Jul 2008
Kira01 said:
Kokuto Mikiya seems somewhat stupid..

Just about the part of the eye stabbing, I thought that was because Shirazumi wanted Shiki to kill him without killing Mikiya?
Dec 23, 2009 9:16 PM

Jan 2009
Great movie on par with the 5th installment IMO. Hope it come's out in blueray some day so I can enjoy it in all it's glory.
Dec 24, 2009 11:43 AM

Oct 2009
am i the only one to find this episode quite lacking compared to the others? first off let me say i still really enjoyed this for what it was, especially all the romantic stuff, including that scene after the credits. i donno i just think the whole introducing drugs into the plot was kinda meh, and also kinda silly the way they executed it, i mean really, "its a super drug! LSD crossed with weed!" makes people go crazy or w/e. i guess thats just how the writer chose to take it though. also the fight scenes were severely weaker in style and just all out wow factor compared to even episode 6, and its not even comparable to the ridiculousness that is 5. overall i think i give it a 7/10, i'd give it 6.5 if i could, but only cause i was bored alot of the time and the above listed reasons
Dec 24, 2009 5:39 PM

Jun 2009
GodsDragon said:
Great movie on par with the 5th installment IMO. Hope it come's out in blueray some day so I can enjoy it in all it's glory.

Yep definitely in par with the 5th. Great movie!
Dec 26, 2009 12:42 AM

Feb 2009
It was decent, but still nothing great. The movie itself could've easily shaved half an hour, maybe more, and the script was somewhat weak. That being said, it was still entertaining enough.

The series as a whole is fairly mediocre. Shiki's still as empty as ever, Mikiya's still a plank of wood and their romance is just plain dull.
Dec 26, 2009 6:03 AM

Apr 2009
wow... just... wow...

i was in disbelief nearing the end of that movie... then when he got back up i was like... -_-", talk about bs... then again if mikiya had died then i'd probably be raging right now =P.

i gave it a 10/10 because i have a suspension of disbelief, and we all have to agree that this movie and knk as a whole... is just... epic...

7>=5>3>1>=2=4>>>>>>>>>6

now to read the knk novels...

and wait for the blu ray release of course =), it truly deserves it...
Dec 27, 2009 3:21 AM

Feb 2008
So whatever happened to the supposed death by drug over-dose?

Could have sworn Kokuto was just an ordinary human..
Dec 27, 2009 6:16 AM

Jun 2008
Nayah said:

I was wondering about that too - could Mikiya have taken the drugs or did Shirazumi lied about the dose just to make him take the drugs ?
Dec 27, 2009 11:36 AM

Mar 2007
zerron said:
Nayah said:

I was wondering about that too - could Mikiya have taken the drugs or did Shirazumi lied about the dose just to make him take the drugs ?

He was on the verge of dying, it took him 3 months to recover from it. Most of this time was to recover the mental damage caused by the drug.
Dec 27, 2009 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
Sobzob said:

He was on the verge of dying, it took him 3 months to recover from it. Most of this time was to recover the mental damage caused by the drug.

I don't like that explanation - if Shirazumi said that the dose would definitely kill Mikiya, then something like *he barely survived after all* is super lame.
Dec 27, 2009 5:16 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Shiraizumi was deranged. I doubt you could take every word he said at face value.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 28, 2009 9:22 PM

Oct 2008
Am I the only who thinks that there was actually a kiss in this installment?

Right at the very end of the movie, after the part where it shows the date of when the movie took place, something more happened with the hug scene between Mikilya and Shiki. It only show from the shoulders down though.

You can seee Mikiya hold Shiki tighter and Shiki's upper half of her body moved in close.
Dec 29, 2009 4:34 AM

Mar 2007
The_Cloned_One said:

Nope, I took note of this too. So you're not alone.
Dec 29, 2009 5:04 AM

Jul 2008
The_Cloned_One said:

Right at the very end of the movie, after the part where it shows the date of when the movie took place, something more happened with the hug scene between Mikilya and Shiki. It only show from the shoulders down though.

You can seee Mikiya hold Shiki tighter and Shiki's upper half of her body moved in close.

No, she was whispering into his ear...

Go watch Legend of the Glaactic Heroes
Jan 2, 2010 12:37 AM

Jan 2008
Yawn...I think I need to rewatch this.
Jan 2, 2010 5:05 PM

Jun 2007
Great conclusion for Mikiya hold Shiki but the movie as a whole was a let down for me. I was expecting a little less....empty space and a little more...anything lol. There where several parts that where nothing but long pauses. I hate when animes do that just to fill up time. Was also expecting a little more closure to Touko. Touko sounded like she was packing up and getting ready to leave town but that is left up to are imagination :(.
Jan 2, 2010 5:19 PM

Feb 2009
Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet but at 1:44:05 Shiki has both thumbs when she's not supposed to.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2536/toomanythumbs.png
ಠ_ಠ
Jan 8, 2010 9:21 AM
May 2008
Great finale imo, and honestly it felt like the most simple and honest of all the KnK movies. Even a sweet happy ending, that was beautifully animated by the way.

I can definitely see this as being a series that I'll visit multiple times down the road.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 9, 2010 10:33 PM
Dec 2009
Holy shit, that was...really dark. Really enjoyable. Nice ending. I can't come up with a whole bunch of crap to write about it, but it was really good. Sorry for sounding so inarticulate. Anyway, as for score...I kind of want to give it a 10, but I can't for some reason.
rocketduckJan 9, 2010 10:36 PM
Jan 10, 2010 4:03 AM

Sep 2008
Hands down the best KnK movie ever.

Amazing.
Jan 16, 2010 5:11 AM

Jan 2008
I haven't played the Visual Novel so I was quite surprised at the happy ending considering Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night. Surprised and happy and satisfied.

Straight 10s from me. I watched all seven movies in one sitting and the experience is hands down one of the best 9-10 hour marathons I've ever done. I wish I could add all seven movies to my favorites list but unfortunately we're only allowed five and I would consider it unfair to list just one.
Jan 28, 2010 4:41 PM
Jul 2009
You don't want to kill a serial killer. What do you do???
1. You let him almost kill you and your friend.
or
2. You kick the shit out of him and hand him over to the police.

Hard choice...

PS: don't remind me the Legend of Galactic Heroes. I dropped it after the first episodes... who the heck came up with those idiotic strategies???
Jan 28, 2010 5:47 PM

Sep 2008
manos300 said:
You don't want to kill a serial killer. What do you do???
1. You let him almost kill you and your friend.
or

Hard choice...

PS: don't remind me the Legend of Galactic Heroes. I dropped it after the first episodes... who the heck came up with those idiotic strategies???
Nobody cares.
Jan 28, 2010 11:19 PM
Jul 2009
5layer said:
Nobody cares.

Obviously I care. The ending was too childish and stupid... not even Familiar of Zero II, which is more childish than this one and the main male character didn't want to kill other people, had this kind of stupid ending.
Jan 29, 2010 10:07 AM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:

What if he eats himself out of jail?
Jan 29, 2010 11:05 AM
Jul 2009
Sobzob said:
manos300 said:

What if he eats himself out of jail?

So what??? It's better to beat him for a second time (she kicked the shit out of him 3 times!!!) rather than getting themselves killed.
Jan 29, 2010 11:36 AM

Mar 2007
What
Jan 29, 2010 12:03 PM
Jul 2009
She can kick the shit out of him and hand him over to the police for a second time.
Jan 30, 2010 10:47 AM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:
She can kick the shit out of him and hand him over to the police for a second time.

But as you can see it doesn't work like that.

And what's she supposed to say? "Hey I cut off the arm of this guy, but he's the murderer so please arrest him"?
Jan 30, 2010 12:03 PM
Jul 2009
Killing someone in self-defense is not a murder. So yeah... you can cut off the arm of a serial killer when he tries to kill you without worrying about the law. That's common sense.

Furthermore Shiki should have killed him when he said that he was going to kill her friend. It wouldn't be the first time (Araya) and Kokuto haven't told her yet not to kill him. Of course then we would have a 1 hour movie instead of 2 hours movie. ;)
manos300Jan 30, 2010 12:50 PM
Jan 30, 2010 12:04 PM
Jul 2009
delete plz
manos300Jan 30, 2010 12:50 PM
Jan 30, 2010 2:52 PM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:
Killing someone in self-defense is not a murder. So yeah... you can cut off the arm of a serial killer when he tries to kill you without worrying about the law. That's common sense.

No it's not. If you cut off the arm of someone and hands them over to the police, obviously there's going to be some heavy questioning. You're an idiot if you think that killing someone in self defense simply let's you get away. ( ´_ゝ`)
Either way, she wouldn't involve the police in this.

manos300 said:
Furthermore Shiki should have killed him when he said that he was going to kill her friend. It wouldn't be the first time (Araya) and Kokuto haven't told her yet not to kill him. Of course then we would have a 1 hour movie instead of 2 hours movie. ;)

You clearly missed the whole point of the movie and should watch it again.
Jan 30, 2010 3:33 PM
Jul 2009
The guy was covered with the blood of the murdered people, the murder weapon had his fingerprints and his stomach had pieces of human flesh! You don't need more evidence. On the other hand it is against the law to know information about a serial killer and not inform the police.

What's the point of the movie???
Jan 31, 2010 1:32 AM

Jun 2009
manos300 said:
What's the point of the movie???

Listen to what Mikia says about the killing of the guy, he had clearly described the reasons why Shiki wouldn't kill [anyone]. Also, Shiki's grandfather told her about that. Good luck.
Jan 31, 2010 1:49 AM
Jul 2009
What about Araya???
Jan 31, 2010 3:04 AM

Jun 2009
Maybe, magician is not considered as normal human being in case of all this moral stuff and reasons to choose the way of killing or not, etc. Though I can't answer you exactly, of course.
Jan 31, 2010 3:20 AM
Jul 2009
Lio wasn't a normal human.
Jan 31, 2010 3:50 AM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:
What about Araya???

As BioMax said, a magus like Araya doesn't count. Touko clearly states that in the movie as well.

Lio hadn't completely lost himself to his origin yet.
Jan 31, 2010 4:14 AM

Jun 2009
Well, Mikia saw that Lio still had something: he haven't killed Mikia in the room and went away while he could control himself 'cause of Mikia's kindness, that's why Mikia wanted to save him.
Jan 31, 2010 4:23 AM
Jul 2009
Whatever... she could have damage his leg in order for her to escape... she could have anonymously tipped of the police about his identity (his arm was left on the crime scene!)... she could have done something... it's common sense. I can't teach you common sense. It was just stupid. It's that simple. You can't just stand there and die... that's freaking obvious...
Jan 31, 2010 5:12 AM

Mar 2007
manos300 said:
Whatever... she could have damage his leg in order for her to escape... she could have anonymously tipped of the police about his identity (his arm was left on the crime scene!)... she could have done something... it's common sense. I can't teach you common sense. It was just stupid. It's that simple. You can't just stand there and die... that's freaking obvious...

When people lose their will to live, they usually want to die don't they?
Jan 31, 2010 5:19 AM
Jul 2009
Shiki didn't want Kokuto to die...
Jan 31, 2010 5:41 AM

Jun 2009
If you're trying to say that it's illogical, then I agree with you. But this movie (well, not only this -- a lot of them) is about message. All is seem to be logical when you're looking at work through the prism of the message, but illogical from common point of view. Well, for you it can be even stupid. Yes, she could escape or tell the police about the guy, but by doing so she would run away from herself, and it would not make any sense in the context of the message and the whole movie. What price are you ready to pay to remain human? I think, she paid the whole price. Human is more human when he is ready to sacrifice and does not depend not only on some material things, but even on his own principles... There's a term "zone of comfort" in psychology. The more you are ready to leave it behind, the more you are human. Shiki has passed through such humiliation with humility. I mean, even if she killed Lio then, now she doesn't depend so much as before and she can live as a normal human... and to love, despite the circumstances.

Damn, I just don't like to argue some ambiguous things, but it seems that I had to :) . You know, they say, "each has its own truth".
Jan 31, 2010 5:59 AM
Jul 2009
They could have showed us the message they wanted with a logical plot.
In the end she killed him... so why the heck did we wait??? Not to mention that she killed him for revenge and not to protect Kokuto or other people. Yeah... nice message... don't kill in order to protect yourselves... don't kill in order to protect others... kill for revenge. :p
Jan 31, 2010 6:42 AM

Jun 2009
manos300 said:
Yeah... nice message... don't kill in order to protect yourselves... don't kill in order to protect others... kill for revenge. :p

xD nah.
manos300 said:
In the end she killed him... so why the heck did we wait??? Not to mention that she killed him for revenge and not to protect Kokuto or other people.

She had to pass through all the things Lio had done to her and not to loose her human face, that's what I meant. So maybe after that she could kill Lio, 'cause she had already learned to sacrifice and to love. Also, she killed him without real anger confusing the mind, I'd say she was cold-blooded then.
Jan 31, 2010 6:49 AM
Jul 2009
So she is a masochist... she should have killed him earlier. No reason to pass through anything... we don't need to be threaten by a serial killer in order to learn to sacrifice and to love.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate all the KnK! (ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN ALL SEVEN!) ( 1 2 3 4 )

KaminaKai - Dec 13, 2009

187 by TierraRobada »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:53 AM

» Your thoughts on it all

FauxAzn - Jan 24, 2012

29 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 19, 2023 1:13 PM

» Opening music?

amade0 - Jul 13, 2010

9 by Ougi_00 »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:11 AM

» What order should I watch Kara no Kyoukai? ( 1 2 )

Snaita - Sep 23, 2012

67 by NekoZamurai »»
Dec 26, 2022 8:55 AM

» understanding kara no kyoukai movies symbolism

mcskops - Jul 14, 2015

6 by Zelot »»
Jul 14, 2015 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.