Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 23, 7:34 AM
Jun 2023
The episode was really funny
Jan 23, 8:01 AM
Nov 2022
A shy Gyaru, this anime keeps getting better 🚬
Jan 23, 8:13 AM
Apr 2021
I really liked this episode man a purple haired gyaru!?!?!? SHE’S SO CUTE AND ADORABLE I love her purple aesthetic she got going on with the purple eyes and purple hair and purple attire😩😩🔥

Sayuri wiping herself down was the highlight of this episode tbh choked on my drink when I saw her stomach😮‍💨 and it was cute when both Sayuri and Tsukasa were sleeping on the bus on each others shoulder while Fuyuki was jealous😭

So that’s 2 out of the 3 girls in the opening I can’t wait to see the third last girl she seems to be the finest one of them all :D
Jan 23, 11:49 AM
Mar 2022
Akino is, until now, the best. She should be the main heroine perfact for our boy. Let's see what the other one has. Futuki is just too open to a personality. That has uts own way, but how Akino was able to bring herself out and help the Mc to bring him out. She obviously the best now
KURAIKEN63Jan 23, 11:52 AM
Jan 23, 11:54 AM
Mar 2022
RedChrome said:
The new girl is lovely, more cuter than the fmc personality wise

While this episode is not bad but typical harem romcom they're gonna somehow bs their way in making the second/any girl immediately attaracted to our idiotic mc and spill their private secrets or something

totally agree. her personality even bring out our Mc to share his feelings.
Jan 23, 2:38 PM

Nov 2022
Yep, new waifu is the best! ;)
Jan 23, 3:54 PM

Nov 2013
- Fuyuki really loves skiing lol
- Sayuri is also very pretty, damn i mean, all gyarus are pretty, who am i trying to lie to?
- Sayuri has sweat problems (nice timing on going back to the bus lol), reminds me that Anna (dangers of heart) had a similar problem last week hahaha
- gaming friends, let's go
- good or bad, you just need to hcallenge yourself and you might just do good
- the 2 gyarus finally are friends, but the bus scene with mc and Sayuri sleeping left poor Fuyuki jealous haha
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 23, 5:47 PM

Mar 2023
I've been seeing a lot of skiing premises, specifically in slice-of-life anime made after 2015. I love this kind of premise, and it always ends up being my favorite setting. I'm not a pro skier, but it's something I did a lot of growing up.

Now to flip the script and be a hater. As much as I love the non-school premise and the attributes of the new character, I found there to be laughably bad dialogue/writing in this episode.

“I think it’s great that you’re trying so hard! I think both your personality and looks are really unique and great! I’m so glad I got to know you! And you’re even good at games! That’s awesome!”
  • Can you imagine someone saying that to you, verbatim? It's bland, basic, simplistic NPC dialogue! Almost sounds robotic. I just don't feel like people actually compliment each other like that in real life. I get that this is an anime—a cartoon—but people can only suspend their disbelief so much before they're zapped out of their immersion. Of course, his dialogue is super nice and thoughtful and encouraging and wholesome... but to almost a corny degree.
  • He then says, “Would you teach me more about games?” Which is absolutely fine. But then he goes, “I want to GAME with you, Akino-san!”
  • (Then as he watches her playing the game, he exclaims as any proper NPC would, “Wow! What the heck was that? Insane!”)
  • Maybe it's just the subtitles I got stuck with. Someone will have to tell me if it's a note-to-note/beat-for-beat translation... or if it's just a simplification of the actual Japanese language.
  • I feel like a fault of this type of storytelling is that the guy is able to strike such a chord in this girl too easily... simply because he gave her some longwinded vague compliment. You can tell that the ice around her heart had melted even before she was asked to teach him about games. If I were the writer, I'd have condensed the NPC compliment and instead focused on them bonding over the game.
So, what would constitute as better writing that I wouldn't fault? Well later in the episode, the guy convinces her to try skiing, because she told him to try her video game. After he offers her this analogy which she can relate to, the two ultimately learn how to ski; and the girl agrees to befriend the gyaru if they succeed. This is all meaningful writing. Nothing out-of-this-world, but it has some depth to it. This is what should've struck a chord in the loner. So—rather than just a simple enthused rant about "both her personality and looks being really unique and great!!!"—the guy and girl bonded by learning to game and ski together. As they say, "show don't tell" in the context of storytelling.

There are other bits and bobs I find endearing as well. I like that their relationship remained platonic for the entire episode. This could very well be going in a harem direction, but I think the most beautiful relationships are subtle. Rather than her instantly falling in love with the first person who was nice to her, the emphasis was placed on the loner overcoming hurtles and experiencing true friendship for the first time.
WaifuSandwichJan 23, 6:11 PM
Jan 23, 7:21 PM
Oct 2019
No way, Sayuri didn't blame our MC after saw her half naked and she even sharing her secret with him.
Ain't no way...

I think i have found my favorite girl from this Anime.
davidyodo24Jan 23, 7:25 PM
Jan 23, 8:46 PM
Mar 2015
He learned to ski and made a new friend for both of them
Jan 24, 1:25 AM

Jan 2021
I know who's my fav

And I know who's gonna lose :(

Jan 24, 2:34 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
An episode spent outside in the cold and in the snow, but leaves us feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 24, 3:10 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to Farabeuf
New girl is here. I know that these kinds of series are meant to be self inserts for your average Japanese viewer, but they really should have given MC-kun some sort of skill/appearance/back story that would somehow explain how the likes of Akino would fall for him almost instantly. Being kind and a good listener is not nearly enough even in a story as basic as this one.
Oh well, I suppose he did kind of show some backbone and responsibility there at the end but the bar is high. I need to adjust my "anime" logic accordingly
@Farabeuf yeah there's no logic. It's totally fake. I hope young boys don't get ideas from anime like this. And then they find it's totally wrong and get depressed.

I like the show though. And the new harem factor.
Jan 24, 3:37 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Akino is cute and adorable, but I still like Fuyuki better. 2 gyaru waifus on harem already. Waiting for the 3rd one.
Jan 24, 4:21 AM

Jul 2017
A full day of class on skiing lessons, though Sayuri Akino is the one girl whom Fuyuki cannot make friends with, and requests Tsubasa for help, but how?

The classes split into their skillsets, and Akino is also one who don't know how to ski, which is the best chance Tsubasa has. But she is the kind of closed person who finds skiing a pain, aside from Fuyuki who's mastered the sport. Still though, it feels awkward between both Tsubasa and Akino, which he has to witness her cleaning up herself on the bus alone, that Tsubasa has clear his misunderstanding with her. But what does Akino want to talk to Tsubasa about, it's about her excessive sweating during sports that over time, she decides to cut sports out of her life, which from a foreigner's perspective, they're peas in a pod.

Once again, the Switch Smash Bros. reference comes up in another show, and she's a rather lonesome gamer who wants people to recognize her for who she is, despite her sweating. This, to Tsubasa, he finds it interesting to learn of her likes and dislikes, which she slowly opens up to him. This, in turn, swap it with the skiing, Akino gives it a chance from following Tsubasa, who's received guidance from the teachers to ski, and Fuyuki on the rest, which makes it feel like he's in a relationship with her. But it's not, and Akino basically opens and closes her doors to whoever she can be free with. The journey down the ski resort, it's like a game, which Tsubasa teaches her to ski...except without stopping, which Fuyuki rescues them out of help.

At the end of the day, both Tsubasa and Akino had fun skiing, and that's what matters the most in building their friendship together.
Jan 24, 6:17 AM
Sep 2021
Tsubasa made a new friend this episode i.e, akino & he also helped in befriending akino to fuyuki.
Jan 24, 6:25 AM
May 2022
Na another cute girl comes in with a pretty decent af personality. Idk who I like more minami been supportive and his first friend but akino is also pretty cool asf looks wise and banger ass personality. yk I actually wouldn’t mind him dating two at once 💀💀 current feelings but ig it’d be nice if akino finds the mc as just a really cool brother we already know no way minami is gonna be single in this series… so yeah.. 👍👍
Jan 24, 9:56 AM

Dec 2017
Two best girls in one anime? That's a first.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jan 24, 1:56 PM

Mar 2008
Akino is actually pretty cute how she acts. She needs some proper merino wool base layer or at least a mesh base layer. Just something to wick away moisture so she doesnt get so drenched in sweat.

Farabeuf said:
New girl is here. I know that these kinds of series are meant to be self inserts for your average Japanese viewer, but they really should have given MC-kun some sort of skill/appearance/back story that would somehow explain how the likes of Akino would fall for him almost instantly. Being kind and a good listener is not nearly enough even in a story as basic as this one.
Oh well, I suppose he did kind of show some backbone and responsibility there at the end but the bar is high. I need to adjust my "anime" logic accordingly

They kind of already did. It's because they already know everyone so you kind of run out of options in what is presumably a small town seeing how this place is isolated. Being new in a smaller town will undoubtedly draw attention all around as long as someone is at least moderately attractive.
traedJan 24, 2:00 PM
Jan 24, 6:09 PM

Jan 2022
Sayuri is sitting right next to them and Fuyuki is still speaking out loud, could never be me. Why is Tsubasa sitting next to Sayuri and not Fuyuki? Poor girl developed horrible self esteem because she sweats too much, that's crazy. How did Fuyuki not notice Sayuri standing right next to Tsubasa. Another girl falls for Tsubasa. Sayuri's boobs are abnormally large lol
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 24, 10:44 PM
Sep 2008
I have the feeling that in this anime it would have been better a protagonist with no face nor voice.
Jan 24, 11:23 PM

Apr 2015
All of them being absolute gigachads riding chairlifts without the bar down
Jan 25, 6:02 AM

Aug 2014
a little weaker episode than previous ones, too sad and not funny, but the problems the situations and dialogues were realistic
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 25, 5:17 PM
Mar 2019
This is a super cute, and heartwarming episode. Looks like Tsubasa has his pick of girls. Lucky guy.
Jan 25, 7:34 PM
Oct 2019
beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful, I want to see who he ends up with, they are both wonderful
Jan 26, 2:57 AM
Mar 2012
Akino personality influenced by health conditions is tough.
Shiki so 100% earnest & positive, liking him more.
wholesome how they motivated each other on new skills. Wouldn't mind watching an Encouragement of Ski.
Jan 26, 8:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to traed
Akino is actually pretty cute how she acts. She needs some proper merino wool base layer or at least a mesh base layer. Just something to wick away moisture so she doesnt get so drenched in sweat.

Farabeuf said:

They kind of already did. It's because they already know everyone so you kind of run out of options in what is presumably a small town seeing how this place is isolated. Being new in a smaller town will undoubtedly draw attention all around as long as someone is at least moderately attractive.
@traed Good point. I overlooked that aspect a bit.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 4, 1:30 AM

Oct 2017
Akino's a sweet girl and cute too. She sweats a lot too, ahem anyway. Shiki got close to her.
Feb 4, 3:43 AM
Dec 2022
Akino is a real sweet girl. Looks like Tsubasa is making good friends with the two pretty girls in his class.
Feb 5, 2:13 PM

Nov 2016
Sweet introduction to Sayuri. She's easy to like.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 6, 12:40 PM

Jun 2020
If this ani e gonna ruin their friendship before even started because of a men thats gonna be my last straw
Feb 11, 7:14 PM

Apr 2021
I liked it, Akino and Fuyuki got along well in making friends. what a surprise when getting on the bus and seeing that scene. I want to ski on snow, I've always wanted to, it's so good to ski.
Feb 19, 1:56 AM

Oct 2018
A sweaty gyaru hmmm.... I can see the appeal, well, not with that design tho. Took me 3 tries to finish the episode.
Feb 24, 9:36 AM

Feb 2012
Tsubasa gon found himself a sweaty gamer gyaru.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 25, 8:20 AM

Mar 2010
Huh they somehow made this wholesum asf.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 5, 3:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice ski time, Akino is cute actually, and now she's finally getting along with Fuyuki and the MC obviously
Mar 16, 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
Lol. He forgot to teach Her how to break when skiing XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 27, 10:38 PM
May 2023
Good episode, Akino I understand you a lot, I also have a hard time connecting with people, I have sweat problems although not at your level and I like video games so I like you
They try to talk silently about her and have her by their side... it's a little obvious what they're talking about Tsubasa how can you forget to tell her how to stop lol

PS: Be careful with judging someone if you don't know them
Apr 4, 9:31 AM
Jun 2022
Well , this is it for me . cliches , don't want any more . sayonara hokkaido!
May 3, 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
black hair? waat~~ that is purple...

lol why that ending... just for the sake of harem vibes. It would have been way better and would make sense if that was Sayuri and Fuyuki instead as way to reassure their new friendship (and that was what Fuyuki was wishing from the start).

TechOtakuMay 4, 7:55 PM
May 18, 5:57 AM

Apr 2013
Ah yes, the busty and beautiful high school girl with no friends... a classic trope that would never exist in real life.
Also the dude can't ski, he can't socialize, he has no friends, he doesn't play games... did he even exist before moving to Hokkaido, it's like the dude has no hobbies at all and was just waiting for someone to self-insert in him lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8

200 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Who is your favourite gal, till episode 6?

tamal4030 - Feb 17

25 by bastek66 »»
May 29, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19

75 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 22, 4:02 PM

» Tsubasa's Personality

FiddlePie - Jan 27

40 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

113 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.