Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Galaxy Next Door
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 16, 2023 12:09 AM
Feb 2023
nice episode... the manga is pretty interesting, let's see how the anime unfolds
Apr 17, 2023 1:16 PM

Nov 2014
Dialogues felt very unnatural to me. First Machi in the kitchen randomly decides to tell about their brother wanting to send them to college, then Goshiki just goes "let me tell you about myself" to Ichirou.
Apr 21, 2023 1:23 PM

Jun 2016
the fuck bro !! sho she is basically a alien ??

weirdge !! if this just a normal romance this will be good !!
Apr 21, 2023 2:09 PM

Mar 2010
Twas extremely underwhelming.. Touching her tail why not touch dat puss e

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 22, 2023 9:38 PM
Sep 2008
Swagernator said:
Let's just start with saying that if you taking care of your two siblings because your parents unfortunately passed away ... being a manga artist isnt exactly the best way to support your family, cause we know how some of them end up. Now, saying all that, i'm glad that the show actually addressed the fact, that was nice to see.

Also, i'm guessing the supernatural tag is here because there is no way in hell, that a smoking hot blonde girl would just one day miraculously appear in front of you and somehow become your to be wife, right, thats the sci-fi part, right.
but he was already serielizing, so quiting and trying to look for a job would be a loss of money.. its also only his fatehr died.. in falshabck his mother is alive and has a new life.. so she basicly abandoned them....
Apr 23, 2023 5:09 AM
May 2022
I thought this episode was a nice way to introduce the characters and setting. I think I’ll like this
Apr 23, 2023 10:02 PM

Jan 2021
Interesting 1st ep of anime
Want to see more of it
And curious tail cuz that tail was like a real pen in her butt
So funny but idk about mangakas things so i hope that this anime will be like bakuman and even if idk about mangas stuff i can enjoy it too

Apr 28, 2023 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
This seemed interesting as a start.. only I didn't expected any supernatural things.

Simliarly to Tonikaku Kawaii, the premise here didn't even needed any otherworldly characters.

But I will certainly watch this, it has nice atmosphere.

(btw - Hayami Saori would be probably better as the princess as Wakui Yuu has rather business-like voice for the most of the part but it's what it is and she will probably improve)

Non-mainstream seiyuu can work for this anime pretty nicely afterall (except for Takahashi Rie she is basically everywhere nowadays :D)

Serious Amaama to Inazuma vibes, same mangaka afterall.
Apr 30, 2023 3:02 AM

Apr 2010
Alien assistant huh, ok then.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Apr 30, 2023 6:21 PM

Oct 2021
Inugirlz said:
SoraSenpai said:
Loved this one. They also answered my biggest question of "Where is the mom?" Screw that bitch.
Honestly! I want to know if at least only Kuga is her son and not the little ones, otherwise, she's a real bitch. Completely abandons the kids and lets the bro raise them alone? Especially after such a tragic accident?! Horrible!
I've gone through this episode a few times now. What part do they mention the mom?
Apr 30, 2023 8:40 PM

Jul 2009
SaltyCookie_ said:
Inugirlz said:
Honestly! I want to know if at least only Kuga is her son and not the little ones, otherwise, she's a real bitch. Completely abandons the kids and lets the bro raise them alone? Especially after such a tragic accident?! Horrible!
I've gone through this episode a few times now. What part do they mention the mom?
When he tried calling his mom for help and she said that she has a new life now, implying she has no intention on helping her kids even though their on their own now. At around 17:03 when he's panicking about missing the deadline and therefore a month's pay and thinks back to the conversation he had with his mom
Apr 30, 2023 10:33 PM

Oct 2021
Inugirlz said:
SaltyCookie_ said:
When he tried calling his mom for help and she said that she has a new life now, implying she has no intention on helping her kids even though their on their own now. At around 17:03 when he's panicking about missing the deadline and therefore a month's pay and thinks back to the conversation he had with his mom
Oh it was so quick I didn't even notice it. Yeah the mom's terrible. I'm also gonna assume they're all her kids too lol.
May 8, 2023 8:40 AM
Oct 2018
Very wholesome until the fantasy portion at the end, which took me out of it
May 15, 2023 3:47 AM

Feb 2019
I thought it was quite weird how Shiori just said "How about listening to my story?" when Ichiro asked her if she wanted to listen to the radio. Felt like an out-of-nowhere way to introduce some background story.
May 16, 2023 6:01 AM
Dec 2022
epidose pertama sangat menarik
May 23, 2023 7:29 PM
Mar 2021
That development was kinda fast I guess? (I mean what the girl said of being in love and such . . .) Anyways I really like the artstyle and the storyline as of now. I got a feeling that this might also be a lovely couple without any too much perverted stuffs going on between them which is just the way I see an anime to be an interesting one and worth to watch imo
May 29, 2023 3:04 AM

May 2020
First half was alright, but from that point of touching her tail I had no idea what was going on
Jun 2, 2023 9:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not sure what to think about it the mangaka + assitant romance is good but that galaxy thing after touching her glittering tail (?) was so weird xD But we'll see more of it soon I believe
Jul 4, 2023 11:27 AM
Mar 2022
I thought it was an interesting first episode, besides, I think it's been a long time since we had an anime where the main character who was a mangaka...
Let's just start by saying that if you taking care of your two siblings because your parents unfortunately passed away, being a manga artist isn't exactly the best way to support your family. Now, saying all that, i'm glad that the show actually addressed that fact, so that was nice to see...
Everything seemed normal until he touched her stinger, which showed him a short tour of milky way. Just who/what is this mysterious woman, who miraculously appear out of nowhere?...
Jul 6, 2023 12:58 PM

Oct 2013
Dafuq is this I was not expecting her to have some alien magic tail
Jul 13, 2023 5:19 PM
Feb 2022
The dialogs are rather awkward. Instead of communicating normally, the characters stick in needless exposition. I'm not sure I like it...
Aug 22, 2023 10:16 PM

Feb 2014
Finally Youko-sama is getting more lead roles. Weird premise, but seems like a decent enough show. The kids are cute too and kind of act like actual kids, which is always a plus.
Aug 26, 2023 3:30 AM
Dec 2022
A nice start to the two MCs.
Feb 8, 10:08 PM
Dec 2022
masterpiece as ever
Feb 13, 9:09 PM

Nov 2023
For a first episode, it's not that bad. 

I don't really have any issues with it, and I'm taking that as a good sign for things to come.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

72 by fatanimetitties »»
May 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

44 by AZINRO »»
Jan 21, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

52 by removed-user »»
Jan 3, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

33 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

37 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.