Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2020 2:37 AM

Jan 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Confession, is about this guy who is disdainful to this homeless man, goes on a rant saying that you have to work for the things you want to obtain, and then forces him to do the workload in order to desperately obtain the sandwich, as of result the homeless man collapsed and dies, after this shock, he then sees a stand/dead ghost grab him from underneath and tells him that he is to haunt him on his happiest day of his life, suddenly when that day came the spirit of the begger possessed his daughter right in front of his eyes and revealed that he assisted the man's happiness from behind the scenes in order for this moment of his life in which the ghost explained that he wanted fate to judge this man. Basically a popcorn match where he has to catch it after throwing it up in the air three times with success, after 2 successful attempts fate has been decided and the 3rd attempt was a failure, after a moment of realization, his head was completely sliced off with a slate of blood. The End.

Mod Edit: Properly formatted thread.
DBXAug 9, 2021 3:39 PM
Apr 1, 2020 12:17 AM

May 2016
Meh story... wanted to see more Rohan but ended up with an old fart and worker who suddenly got rich, even the ending was open.
RaizelApr 1, 2020 4:35 AM
Apr 3, 2020 7:30 AM

Jul 2013
Well, I didn't expect the twist that the man tricked the vengeful ghost by making his servant pretend to be him.

Was nice to see again Koichi, Okuyasu and Yukako. I'm glad they fixed the look of both OVA!Koichi and OVA!Okuyasu, since now they don't look as awkward as in the first OVA (Yukako also looked pretty).
Also, since Koichi was talking about going to Italy, I wonder if this is a prequel to Vento Aureo.
Apr 3, 2020 11:54 AM
Feb 2019
aw, i was hoping for a part 5 character cameo lol
interesting nonetheless, wish there was more rohan instead of some guy eating popcorn. at least yukako and okuyasu were there
Apr 3, 2020 1:35 PM

Feb 2008
It was an intriguing tale, but a bit less Rohan-centered as I expected.

Still, that cursed fellow was exceptionally clever. Being able to keep living with two vengeful spirits after you is quite a feat.
Apr 3, 2020 3:34 PM

Feb 2018
And I thought that confessional scene in part 6 was pretty messed up.

Also, Yukako in this style looks sooooo great.
BlblblblApr 3, 2020 3:41 PM
Apr 4, 2020 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
Aye, I still remember that epic twist all these years later.

These Rohan OVAs have been excellent adaptations. Here's hoping we get some more down the line.
Apr 5, 2020 7:46 AM
May 2012
Popcorn eating intensifies
Apr 5, 2020 9:37 PM

Feb 2011
Hey, more JoJo content is more JoJo content, so I'm not complaining. Now please get to making Part 6.
Apr 11, 2020 3:10 AM

Nov 2008
That hobo looked like an old Abaraccio to me. Also i really don't think his grudge was justified, it's not like the guy had any obligation to feed him.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Apr 11, 2020 9:34 AM
May 2016
Really enjoyed the creepier tone of this one, I found the twist pretty cool as well but the highlight 100% was the popcorn trial, good fucking lord how Araki managed to make something so mundane one of the tensest things I've enjoyed in a bit is fucking great. The last 2 OVAs were an excellent showcase of DP's progress in terms of art, animation and adapting Araki's change of art style post-Stone Ocean. I'm more certain than ever that Steel Ball Run and Jojolion are in good hands.
Apr 12, 2020 4:35 PM

May 2012
Another great episode, I actually quite liked these episodes. The first two were already impressive and to then get these two extra was a real nice addition!

Would actually love to see a full side story series with him!
Apr 14, 2020 11:24 PM

Feb 2013
I don't know if his grudge was justified, he didn't kill him, it was an accident.
Amazing episode anyway.
May 8, 2020 5:47 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not the best story but it was still cool, overall a really good spin-off on Rohan !
May 24, 2020 2:30 PM
Nov 2018
oh snaps didn't expect the butler guy to get plastic surgery so he gets offed by the vengeful spirit thing! nice twist.

so this takes place before koichi comes to italy in part 5, very cool. also nice hearing okuyasu and yukako again haha
Jul 7, 2020 7:07 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I like how the JoJo series always takes a simple thing and makes it more intense by 100.

Another power that spans generations.
Jul 16, 2020 8:21 PM

May 2016
I personally think that The Confessional was actually one of the better Rohan stories I've read and seeing it animated was a blast. They made things a lot more intense and left me on the edge of my seat once again! I'd also like to confess that I was actually taken aback by the twist in the end because the popcorn part was the only thing I could recall from back then.

Yukako in Part 8 style in the Rohan manga was already cute enough but she looks like a damn goddess here in Part 5 style ❤❤❤

Aug 8, 2020 2:44 AM

Jul 2015
Bad Rohan pretending to be a priest is not something a good christian boy should do! Incredibly intense popcorn catching scene we got here.

Poor guy being terrorised for a stupid unwarranted grude. He had no obligation to feed the hobo who could have just declined the work and moved on. But man I didn't expected his trick to stay alive.

Aug 13, 2020 1:02 PM

Nov 2016
Thx u comments for explaining the ending to me the guy made his servant get plastic surgery and got killed instead. They had said that in the episode too but made 0 fucking sense to me at the time.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Sep 11, 2020 5:21 AM

Aug 2014
This was really fun, but since I had already read the manga (this is what I get for being impatient) I enjoyed The Run way more.
Is this the last one or are there gonna be more?
I'm almost sure that years ago when just two episodes had come out, only that amount of episodes was listed on MAL, so that might be what's happening here, too.
Sep 20, 2020 7:34 PM

Jan 2008
Don't get people who say the grudge was unwarranted. It was completely warranted. He could have said no and chased the bum away. But the bum WAS willing to work, and the asshole made sure to make the work as hard as possible, just to make someone else suffer. So the ghost didn't have a grudge about him not feeding him, but about making him suffer. Any decent human being would have giving him some food after seeing he was wiling to work, but this asshole made him work HARDER after seeing he was willing to work. THAT is the cause of the grudge. And it is very warranted.
Dec 18, 2020 1:44 PM

Mar 2019
Can someone clear me this ?
How did the moustache man( the one who confessed actually.... whose head wasn’t cut) saved himself using the head cut guy ?.... I mean he did say that reconstructive surgery thing but I couldn’t get it.
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Dec 25, 2020 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
This is why I love Araki's work. He can even make popcorn eating far more interesting than it is.
Jan 14, 2021 11:50 AM

Mar 2015
HEIWA_NO_SENSEI said:
Can someone clear me this ?
How did the moustache man( the one who confessed actually.... whose head wasn’t cut) saved himself using the head cut guy ?.... I mean he did say that reconstructive surgery thing but I couldn’t get it.

From what I understand, the moustache guy is actually the guy whom the beggar has a grudge for. The guy who got his head cut off was his servant, who had reconstructive surgery to look like his master so that the beggar would confuse him for the guy that he had a grudge for.
Feb 19, 2021 9:51 AM

Sep 2020
I feel thus spoke kishibe Rohan is the best JoJo's david pro has put out specifically episode 9 the run since the art and animation are great, the HFTF reference was great, it kept me engaged the whole way through. i really hope they give this same treatment to part 6 if we get it, since it could change the perception on the part similar to part 5 when it got animated. Part 6 also has parts the would look great animated heavy weather and made and heaven come to mind. Overall this is my favorite animated jojo thing that has every been produced. its scratched my itch for animated jojo's
Feb 21, 2021 6:10 AM

Sep 2014
wait did I watch the episodes in the wrong order? Wasnt popcorn the first and Rohan casually flexing how fit he is this one?

Anyway this was really nice, the animation at times was absolutely great and the stories are all a little uncanny.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 23, 2021 8:48 AM

Oct 2012
Netflix f'd up... it says this is episode 1, when apparently it's the last episode of the entire OVA...

Great ep though. Amazing animation and color work and the voice acting sold the absurdities so well.

Part 6 when...
Feb 26, 2021 4:21 AM
Feb 2021
I have seen that a lot of people didn't like this episode just because it shifted it's focus from Rohan to other characters and I understand that u want focus to be on Rohan, especially the Rohan simps want it(and I know u are out there) but just because it shifted to a story about other characters doesn't make it a bad episode. And you can't tell me that the final twist was bad story writing, heck that was the scene that pushed me to give it a score of 10/10 or I would have probably given it a 9. I have also seen people being angered by the fact that the fate of a character was depended on the fact if he can eat popcorn 3 times, BRUH, are u guys even jojo fans cause the series has always been like this, totally 360 from other series that's the appeal of jojo. Now if I see a person ranting about this episode for such stupid reasons I will not see them as a part of the JOJO fandom cause 'Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan' episode 16 'At a confessional' is one of the best JOJO's Bizarre Adventure episodes in it's anime history.
Mar 31, 2021 2:56 PM

Nov 2018
Disturbing indeed, but a masterclass in horror and expectations with a great payoff. An exceptional episode that takes you away and drifts you into the pure demonic horror that Rohan has heard and finally witnessed. Amazing but mostly Bizarre. Thanks Araki.
Jul 27, 2021 6:38 PM

Apr 2018
Interesting episode. Koichi looked kinda different in this episode.
Anyway, the story was pretty good this time.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 8, 2021 11:33 PM

Dec 2012
Rohan and Koichi.
Koichi is going to Italy?
LMAO Rohan entered the priest side.
Sore wa dou kana?
The bum is down.
Dat hand.
The bum is mad.
The bum died.
Oh snap! He possessed his daughters body.
LMAO at the birds.
LMAO Fire!
OH SHIT!!!!!!!! Dat slice!
OH SHIT!!!!!!!! Reconstructive surgery?
He was actually the butler.
LMAO The bum is back.
lol at Okuyasu. Yukako.
Dat ending.

Damn. This episode was good.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 9, 2021 3:37 PM

Oct 2015
Thread has been properly formatted to the correct number episode discussion.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Aug 27, 2021 10:40 PM

Aug 2019
She was holding a tablet, even though it's supposed to be 2006. And Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi keep rocking their school uniforms in their twenties.
Ahora, triste en la pendiente, solitario y ya vencido yo me quiero confesar

Si aquella boca mentía el amor que me ofrecía, por aquellos ojos brujos, yo habría dado siempre más

Dec 2, 2021 10:40 PM

Jan 2021
Koichi asking Rohan to use Heaven’s Door on him so he could speak and understand Italian was a nice touch since in part 5 he also mentioned that he told Rohan to make him understand Italian
Dec 21, 2021 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
The episode had started rather inconspicuously, but what happened later on was really intense. Another good episode of Rohan OVA.

Also, since it's an episode about Rohan, I love the fact that Josuke's role is so limited. I Iked Josuke, but Rohan hated him, so it's obvious that Josuke won't have much screen time in Rohan OVA, haha.

It was cool to see that famous "Oi, oi, oi, oi, oi..." scene outside th3 world of memes.
Dec 26, 2021 8:25 AM

Mar 2010
Damn that had me on my toes, heavens door is OP asf.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 29, 2021 4:08 PM
Oct 2020
Love how araki turns small moments like rock paper scissors , treadmill racing, or popcorn tossing into tense epic moments😆
Dec 29, 2021 4:10 PM
Oct 2020
Man THIS is how you do random short stories. Not whatever the hell cowboy bepop did...
Jan 13, 2022 4:13 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 30, 2022 11:41 PM

Mar 2021
This one was going pretty strong, I feel, but it fell apart a bit in the end.
MeanMrMusicianJan 31, 2022 1:43 AM
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Mar 17, 2022 10:43 PM

Dec 2020
Another good episode. This series was surprisingly very good. I gotta read the manga. I hope Araki releases more chapters for this.

JoJo can manage to make anything intense lol. Be it a game of rock-paper-scissors, treadmill running or popcorn eating.

Oh and Yukako looks great in this art style.
Nov 11, 2022 12:58 AM

Apr 2019
very interesting episode, to buy a property in that villa you must follow their rules and have proper manner and etiquette, in return you become wealthy and famous, but you lose a lot if you failed to comply, loving these strange stories so far and Josuke still has no voice actor present lol
Apr 19, 2023 10:37 PM

Nov 2010
That was an interesting twist in the end. At least he gets to enjoy his wealth somehow despite being possessed by two vengeful spirits. I wouldn't mind that happening to me.
May 27, 2023 9:01 PM

Sep 2011
Dude these stories are awesome. I wish this was a total spin-off by itself. Too much interesting content especially with Rohan’s ability.

The manner thing is crazy, I wonder how one of the millionaire’s day looks like with perfect manners. I wouldn’t be able to live like that even if you’re gonna be immensely successful. It would be like prison where you’re constantly being watched and if you make one mistake, you’re gone.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Jul 10, 2023 4:55 PM
May 2020
Always be wary of cheap luxury houses...
Jul 28, 2023 3:22 PM

Sep 2017
Bruhh that guy was freakin ripped. Makes me wonder though, can one even achieve bodybuilder looks only by training?(without food moderation, protein consumption n stuff)
خ
Jul 28, 2023 3:26 PM

Sep 2017
Huh, apparently my episode numbers differ with the ones on the website?
خ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DBX - Aug 9, 2021

54 by JVskunkape »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:42 AM

Poll: » Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai Episode 2 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Aug 7, 2018

42 by JVskunkape »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:59 AM

Poll: » Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai: Fugou Mura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 13, 2017

56 by 1Konochi »»
Jul 6, 2023 4:05 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Jul 6, 2023

4 by JSeanaY »»
Jul 6, 2023 10:27 AM

» Junji Ito vibes

FireDan - Jan 5, 2023

4 by HozayfaHB »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.