Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2014 7:16 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
1. Aoi putting her hand on raichi's head & the way she said how he's grown… I melted inside

2. Meh, was going for yurika & kaede since they seemed like the underdogs

3. Would be funny if ichigo x seira beat double M. But DM just has more EXP.

4. So much hand holding in this ep… I always enjoy letting myself get the wrong idea. :D

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 17, 2014 11:27 PM

Jul 2008
Not a bad episode. I am glad we got a new insert song. The animation for it was amazing. As for the two songs we actually heard in the Partners Cup, I do prefer Double M's to this one.

Noelle is adorable. I wish Raichi would just settle.

I understand why we couldn't see every group perform, but I still would have liked to, ahha. Also, I am more interested in Splash than anyone from Dream Academy.

I was really worried that Ichigo and Seira would win, so I am glad they didn't. I still don't think they are on par with Mizuki yet. Also, even though I doubt the show will explore any of the potential consequences of Double M's victory, the fact that a unit not affiliated with any idol school won the Partners Cup casts doubt on the necessity of idol schools to become an idol (though Mizuki did have involvement with both).

I have an issue with both Double M and the Ichigo/Seira pair though. It just really bugs me that Seira and Mikuru are just naturally on par with Ichigo and Mizuki, respectively. Mizuki was a top idol for three years, out of anyone's reach, but this random flower store employee is her perfect partner? And Seira just came out of nowhere, but I blame that more on the lack of development with everything Dream Academy. I can get behind the idea of someone just being super talented like Mikuru, because she has a final boss element with Mizuki or something, but seeing Ichigo work so hard for 3 years just for Seira to waltz in and be her equal is annoying.
May 18, 2014 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
l wish we got actually performances instead of the montage.
Jun 12, 2014 5:35 AM

Aug 2007
Well, finally a song that I like from Seira and Ichigo together. And it as a bit obvious that both girls loos to Mizuki and her partner just by a little points. As always.
Jun 27, 2014 1:59 AM

Apr 2011
Seir and Ichigo teaming up together. And Ichigo losing to Mizugi by a margin. Again.
Nov 11, 2014 12:05 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ok, how does this rookie girl called Mikuru surpass every girl in DreAca and SA. Sure Mizuki is a Idol God, but let's be honest. It would take quite a while for Mikuru to get on par with Mizuki, and considering how long it took Mizuki to reach God status it would surely take idk, a couple years to really peak. I give Seira a bit of credit, she's new too, but she's had a bit more experience in the idol industry than Mikuru. So to me it really bugs me how quickly Mikuru has been pushed.

Aoi complimenting Raichi on how he's grown. Not sure if Aoi was crouching a bit but it looked like Raichi and Aoi were the same height. All aboard the Aoi x Raichi train.

Sep 10, 2021 2:52 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode, although I wanted to see the actual performances instead of those still shots. Well, at least we got to see Ichigo and Seira's performance which was expected. They didn't win this time, but who knows what'll happen next time?

I'm curious about SpLasH! Sadly, they are not going to appear in the anime.

SerafosMar 2, 8:45 AM
Jul 18, 2023 10:17 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Lose By a margin again, why this anime like this kind of plot is really mystery for me, i don't understand how power level explaned for each of the Chara, S2 have to many forced Chara that has less development at all, very draw back from the S1, if even a monkey can be a superidol i really Will not surprise with this plot at all 4/10
Destroyer31Jul 18, 2023 10:22 AM
Feb 3, 12:09 AM

May 2019
I never like Seira character at all. Her pairing with Ichigo simply written as the best candidate to win the match from the get go. In that performance alone, Seira is way overpowering Ichigo with that rock song, possibly the worst song so far. Please nerf Seira dammit. Somehow I much more interested in other pairings than Ichigo and Mizuki ones.

May 14, 12:14 PM

Aug 2011
if mikuru was the only 'natural born idol' in the show it would have been fine, she's cute and likable and i like the idea of mizuki basically training her ideal partner from the ground up. the issue is that every dream academy idol is also a 'natural born idol' so the impact of mikuru being special is totally gone.

also i don't really like how the show emphasizes how these dream academy girls are 'perfect matches' for the original girls, like are we honestly supposed to believe that ki brings out the best in aoi versus her best friends? are they just hoping we'll forget about Soleil?
aloradearMay 14, 12:20 PM

More topics from this board

» A new trademark application has been filed for something called "Aikatsu Academy!"

arinthach - Jun 3

0 by arinthach »»
Jun 3, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.