Forum Settings
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 27, 2020 5:35 AM

Nov 2014
That was awesome. Not a single boring scene. By the end I hoped Sylvia stays alive in some weak form and keeps creeping on Kazuma in future.

I find it funny that if Kazuma wasn't such a trash he would actually be popular.
Mar 27, 2020 12:04 PM

Nov 2017
Great movie! The action and magic looked spot on and the story line was good.
Also Megumin's parents are hilarious. Such a shame they are only introduced this late.
Yunyun revealed once again why she is one of the best characters.
But I think Sylvia is also interesting.

plz @ me
Mar 27, 2020 4:11 PM

Apr 2018
This movie reminded me why i love konosuba so much.

I kinda want to rewatch the first two seasons now.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Mar 27, 2020 5:58 PM

Dec 2019
FINALLY i was able to watch this one, lmao so all of Megumin's clan are created by that guy that came before Kazuma, i seriously did not expect that, overall really good movie a lot of typicial konosuba moments, loved it 8/10
                                                         🖤   

Mar 28, 2020 2:35 AM

Nov 2013
LOOOL Yunyun and Megumin with the Fusion Ha and the village with the Spirit Bomb!
I love it .

And was that a future spoiler at the end there, with the shape of that explosion?!
I’m ready for what’s next,
This was a fun watch!
Mar 28, 2020 4:45 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What a Movie! Personally, I would have to say that this is the finest installment of the entire animated franchise thus far.

J.C. Staff really took the animation to the next level during numerous scenes, and they're all marvelous! Plus the backgrounds were an eye-opener too. I didn't think it'd be this good overall at all, considering how horrid their track record was for last year.

More Megumin moments are always fantastic and the whole village with their Chuunibyou features were a peach to watch too! And with that, some incredibly hilarious moments! I'm going to miss Megumin's mother, for starters, lol. They were really starving for a plot twist, weren't they?

Kazuma and Megumin moments, quite expectedly, were a delight to watch too. But that ending easily took the throne, well played Kazuma! Megumin's tear, PROTECC! Possibly the sweetest moment of the franchise so far! I need more!

Quite the unorthodox antagonist for the movie, to say the least. I couldn't help but laugh hysterically during that scene of her revealing her mixed gender sex. Kazuma, I'm just so sorry lmao. Hilarious how she ended up yearning for love on the brink of death as well, where'd that seriously come from xD? Kazuma really played her dirty in the end but I'm not going to forget those last few minutes of the movie.

Kazuma just being Kazuma is one of the highlights for the Movie for me, as such. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of his "popular phase".

Some more glorious and very appreciable Yunyun moments too. Man, she's just too precious! Can't wait to see more of her and Megumin moments! Had my fill for the movie with the linking up in the end and the much-anticipated backstory. I hope this means that she will finally get some well-deserved friends.

Komekko, best imouto by the way! Her proclaim after stealing the credits there was one of the standout lol moments of the movie for me. Nearly not enough of Darkness M moments, on the contrary.

Loved that ED theme too, very soothing to the ears ~

All in all, it was a fantastic watch! I really want more animated content from this series! Please Kadokawa, give us a full adaption! Never going to get tired of this series.

Easy 9/10!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 28, 2020 10:31 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Comparing this movie to the volume 5 of the light novel I can say that the novel is better. BUT... still there's something else with an adaption so it feels quite different. Though I'm sad that they skipped a part from the book which was funny as hell but at least they took the "r*pe" scene with the orcs. Though I have a feeling they changed that a bit too.
As for the last part where Megumin asked Crapzuma to change her ability, it was amazing... basically almost like from the book and her reaction from the explosion was so beautiful.

Honestly, I'd loved if they followed the book more, it would have been 2 - 2 ½ hours long instead.

Now we can just hope for a season 3 which can take us to light novel volume 6 & 7, and then season 4 with 8 & 9 and so on... there's plenty of material.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Mar 28, 2020 11:14 AM
Feb 2020
i love how it starts off! its really hilarious and it makes you just wanna get to the next episode, also you get to see the dynamic between kazuma and aqua and how funny it is
Mar 28, 2020 11:15 AM
Feb 2020
i love how it starts off! its really hilarious and it makes you just wanna get to the next episode, also you get to see the dynamic between kazuma and aqua and how funny it is
Mar 28, 2020 11:46 AM

Dec 2017
This one's a great feature. Been waiting quite some time to get my hands on it and I'm not disappointed.
Mar 28, 2020 11:51 AM
Nov 2019
Was laughing my ass off threw out the movie. I hope they still make a third season though.
Mar 28, 2020 11:24 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, i've watched it! What a great episode! So many great moments, it reminded me why i love Konosuba!!! Can we get already a 3rd season!! please

As always Kazuma is the one who ruined it all but Megumin and Yunyun are also at fault since they made him go there xD Team "effort" haha
Crimson mages were really OP

Gotta love this Kazuma moments xD And here i thought that he got caught xD What a great scene this was!

The most epic Crimson mage incoming xD

Oh, and wtf was this? Darling in the FranXX 2? xD

Overall a great movie with a great ending!
So much character development, it was so great!

Kazuma did the obvious, but it was still great to see Megumin's happy face.

9/10 for sure! I hope there will be more, movies or anime, i accept it all.

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 29, 2020 9:33 AM

May 2015
There is only one thing to say...EXPLOSION!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 29, 2020 10:12 AM

Jun 2016
i just finished watch this movie

very nostalgic and my feel so sad when this movie ended ..

damnn
Mar 29, 2020 3:55 PM

Jan 2020
"Explosion magic is the stuff of dreams!,it is the ultimate magic that turns impossible to possible EXPLOOOOOUUUSION!"

Konosuba never fails to made me smile, great movie! Super entertaining.

Made by k3ti
Mar 29, 2020 6:49 PM
Nov 2011
People complaining about this being homophobic and what not...Seriously? Go look at Kemono Michi, the authors other work. It's extremely clear the author isn't homophobic (Although he may be a furry...), but that in Japan, their culture still understands the concept of jokes and doesn't take things like sexuality too seriously, it's more of a "be whatever you want to be, hold hands with whatever weird fluffy xenomorphs you want" kind of deal these days.
Mar 29, 2020 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Kazuma. You're an asshole but you were willing to be burned alive in slime acid before -- and now you're willing to take a demonic beam of light to the chest, bursting you (close to) beyond repair. Just when you think he's screwed, his true wit shows.

The movie was great. Fvck the hard to please people. The animation was just fine. Any supposed "lackluster" animation wasn't noticeable, and mentioning it at this point would be nitpicking. The animation here was fine compared to a lot of other animes out there.

A few people, I saw, were complaining about the rape joke, and the gay jokes. Sigh, the snowflakes will never go away and their demographic is only growing larger. Well I for one appreciate the edginess of Japan. You've got some pretty edgy cartoons in America, but Japan always knows how to take it to the extreme and/or incorporate it in flicks for younger demographics. This kinda comedy is why KonoSuba is an S-tier anime in the first place. It's unconventional, different, and isn't afraid to cross boundaries. And the joke always lands, at that. This is the kinda stuff that the TRULY cultured search long and hard for!

I'm afraid to rate the movie as it obviously doesn't compare to the anime-movie dramas that draw out the sheer emotion in you -- and I'll admit, the animation wasn't movie quality -- it was normal, anime-episode quality. Which is fine. But the movie didn't really do anything wrong or incorrect. In terms of production, scripting, and staying true to their roots, there's little they could've done differently. I'm completely content and I personally feel most other should be too. Nevertheless, taking account into the (whiny) complaints of others -- as well as the fact that the film fell short of being true-movie-quality -- I'm simply going to chicken out and not give any rating at all.

I feel like a score of 10 is being too generous but a score of 9 or under isn't giving the film the credit it deserves. Quite the dilemma.
Mar 30, 2020 8:03 AM
Apr 2016
Wow. JC Staff absolutely outdid themselves with the production and animation of this movie. Every voice actress/actor showed up and the soundtrack was absolutely amazing (good shit Masato Koda).

Even though most watch Konosuba for the funny parts (myself included) my utmost favourite scene was the final battle against Sylvia where Yunyun and Megumin cast their magic together, the soundtrack in the background is insane, the voice acting etc. just made it such an incredible scene. I felt like casting explosion with Megumin.

People calling the animation "bad" are absolutely lacking braincells honestly. Blind JC Staff haters.

AlexanderHD said:

I feel like a score of 10 is being too generous but a score of 9 or under isn't giving the film the credit it deserves. Quite the dilemma.

I agree with this, but I will probably stick with the 9/10.
j_oeyMar 30, 2020 8:07 AM
Mar 30, 2020 8:04 AM
Feb 2016
Beautiful...made me remember how much i love Konosuba back when i first picked it up during season 1 was airing....Wish they played the OP of season 1 during the fight with Sylvia tho..
Mar 30, 2020 11:08 AM

Oct 2019
As I expected, the whole Konosuba program always kept me entertained, Kazuma was still a bastard as usual and megumin EXPLOSION of course!. story plot centered on Kazuma × megumin was interesting but there was a slight lack of aqua 'less' shining this time, I hope to get a 3rd season (even though there was an announcement for the 3rd season not to be made). 9/10 I think
Mar 30, 2020 11:50 AM

Nov 2012

Best Kazuma Moment goes to:-
"Who gives a shit!!!
Where is that tattoo?!?!"

Movie : 120 points!
Mar 30, 2020 7:11 PM

Feb 2011
I wouldve swapped with kazuma to bang all them lady orcs UNF

Mar 30, 2020 7:18 PM

Mar 2017
I took a good 5 minutes to laugh at every Kazuma and Aqua interaction, she pulled up his pants was so funny, and then she dotes on him after the female orc was also funny af.

Darkness being jealous was also funny, especially what she said right before Aqua pulled up Kazuma's pants (yea I mention it again, it was so funny don't judge me).

Komekko is as adorable as always. Her proclaim after stealing the credits was so cute you can't even mad at her.

Noto Mamiko as Megumin's mother also fits so well. (unless I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure that is Noto Mamiko's voice).

This whole movie is basically the Megumin ship preparing to sail.

heYup, I like J.C. Staff character design more than the Deen one, they actually made Yunyun gorgeous unlike the nigtmare shape that she's in the Deen one.

9/10.

AlexanderHD said:

A few people, I saw, were complaining about the rape joke, and the gay jokes. Sigh, the snowflakes will never go away and their demographic is only growing larger. Well I for one appreciate the edginess of Japan. You've got some pretty edgy cartoons in America, but Japan always knows how to take it to the extreme and/or incorporate it in flicks for younger demographics. This kinda comedy is why KonoSuba is an S-tier anime in the first place. It's unconventional, different, and isn't afraid to cross boundaries. And the joke always lands, at that. This is the kinda stuff that the TRULY cultured search long and hard for!

Oh, I saw some of that too. I found the rape joke funny but I can see how that can be insensitive for others. But the gay joke, like, come on, Kazuma who is a straight teenage pervert doesn't like a dick being rubbed up against him makes him homophobic? Get out.

A comment from the first page also stated that the only LGBT character in the series is a villain is offensively bad, so? Honestly, why are these people (at least on the internet) always want to make everything about themselves? I have gay and lesbian friends who watched this movie and they don't really have any slight of problem with this movie and I did ask them about that.

"Japan isn't that progressive" yet you see a lot of gay/lesbian series these past years. The world doesn't revolve around you, grow up.
BlueIsLoveMar 30, 2020 7:46 PM
Mar 30, 2020 11:46 PM
May 2015
seriously was one the best OAV iv ever seen.
AMAZING, seriously, really good job!
Mar 31, 2020 12:26 AM

Aug 2009
BlueIsLove said:

A comment from the first page also stated that the only LGBT character in the series is a villain is offensively bad, so? Honestly, why are these people (at least on the internet) always want to make everything about themselves? I have gay and lesbian friends who watched this movie and they don't really have any slight of problem with this movie and I did ask them about that.

"Japan isn't that progressive" yet you see a lot of gay/lesbian series these past years. The world doesn't revolve around you, grow up.

Dont you find it funny that these people will look for representation in the nonhuman, demon king general, with who knows how many parts from other creatures?

She has a dick so she is LGBT, who cares about every other modification on her body.
Mar 31, 2020 6:52 AM

Aug 2018
Wait, Yunyun wants a child from Kazuma?.. Oh my.. ;p Well, it probably is a misunderstanding, I assume., Yunyun is too good for Trashzuma, anyway.. ;p
Hm?.. I wonder, if Megumin will begin to think that the prophecy is actually about her?.. Or at least will start to think about Kazuma as potential man, thanks to the prophecy?..
Ah, it was all just a story.. Oh well.. ;p
Orcs lore is strange in this anime, I guess.. I mean, all male orcs dead for quite some time, and only females, but still surviving, I guess, by having babies with human males?.. Just boys don't survive, only girls?.. It's all strange, I guess..
Well, Yunyun is pretty strong wizard, isn't she?.. As well as I remember Wiz is a good mage..
How you can have tatoo from the birth?.. Is it given to children or something?.. Or that's just how magic works?.. Anyway, I think it's interesting, what kind of tatoo Crimson Demons have..
Well, it seems that Crimson Demons can stand their ground.. Glad for them.. ;P It seems they are very powerful..
Well, Megumin's family is poor.. I had a question for a long time, why Megumin is poor.. If Crimson Demons clan is so famous and powerful, and stuff.. It seems it's less of a clan and more of a whole nation, really.. With all kinds of people there.. Just having it's own things they usually have.. Like crimson eyes, more usually being dark haired, also a possible tatoo, if that's not a legend.. And of course an affinity in magic.. But it's really like the nation, I'd say.. Like some nation can have skin tone, and be more vulnerable to one illnesses or stuff like that.. So really, in the end, Crimson Demons are really a nation.. I'm impressed, to be honest..
Eh, Kazuma is too nervous about situation with laying next to the Megumin on the futon.. Just calm down and sleep, man.. Unless you're planning for something else, but you're not even thinking about that..
Also tradition to greet with expressive presentation of yourself.. I find it a part of culture.. It's also adding to the Crimson Demons being a nation.. ;p
Please invite Yunyun to the party group.. She knows plenty of magic, after all.. And she's actually alright as person as well.. Only lonely..
Yunyun saved Komekko?.. Yunyun is a good girl.. ;P
Well, with how Kazuma was in the hands of Sylvia.. Kazuma is truly Trashzuma, isn't he?.. ;p
Well, Kazuma, you honestly deserve a shock of Sylvia being trap.. Because you were quite a Kazutrash there, really..
Well, my opinion about Kazuma was that he's alright.. But after this movie I might start seeing him as quite selfish Kazutrash..
Crimson Demons staying positive, I guess.. ;p Even in such danger.. ;p
Oh, so Crimson Demons also like catgirls and magical girls?.. It wasn't just one time wooden figure?.. Well, I certainly share their love towards magical girls.. ;P
Oh, so tatoo things were series number?.. Really?.. Also are they created people?.. How much it makes them not people at all?.. Are they robots and can't have babies?.. Or not, and just grown not inside of some mother, but inside of some glass?.. But still humans?..
Ah, ok, it's being compared to the stick that is used for clothes drying.. I think we all know, what stick this is.. ;p
I hope Crimson Demons didn't lose their magic for all the time..
So now Generals fighting?.. Well, that's pretty cool..
Well, even if Yunyun maybe won't join the party.. Maybe she'll be the head of the Crimson Demon clan?.. At least she claimed in her presentation she'll be one..

Well, overall movie was fun.. But also I quite disliked Kazutrash behavior, when Sylvia just captured him.. He was truly a Trashzuma.. Crimson Demons clan was nice, though.. But it feels that their origin was made questionable for comedy sake.. Which I'm not too big fan of, really.. Konosuba really should stop making everyone just a freaking joke.. Still in this point, I guess, it's still alright, as in future we'll probably have ourselves people who are grown in the artificial setting, rather than through sex and in some woman's belly.. Sex isn't necessary for reproduction already.. As well as growing completely out of woman's body is just right the corner, if already isn't a reality.. So in the future our humanity will really respect, fall in love with, have every any other usual relationship with people grown artificially, really.. So in the end it doesn't really make Crimson Demons any bad.. Rather it's a bit topic which is a bit too soon in our society, you can tell that it's a bit ahead of its' times.. Anyway.. Crimson Demons nation is pretty fun, powerful, cute, many enjoyable people there, really.. Liked Crimson Demons, glad we got more of them, though would like to get even more about them in the future, including Megumin and Yunyun..
Overall.. My opinion of Kazuma became worse, but anime was enjoyable.. More of Crimson Demons please.. ;P
Mar 31, 2020 7:48 AM

Mar 2010
Guess I'm late to the party. Also, this is pretty much my 400th anime.

Well, this movie is pretty much Konosuba being Konosuba. From start to end, this movie never stop being fun with its dumbass joke. Nothing much to be said, except that I really wish Kazuma kiss Megumin or something. >.<
Mar 31, 2020 8:53 AM

Dec 2012
REALLY SOLID PLOT AND ENJOYMENT! 10/10

Mar 31, 2020 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
This movie made me happy 10/10
Mar 31, 2020 11:50 AM

Jul 2019
"This is... so impressive, it's freaky, honestly."

9/10
Mar 31, 2020 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
Megumin reminds me when I played a game and I only went for one build althought there were other good builds but I only chose that ond build (pockie ninja, speed dodge). Good time

Mar 31, 2020 4:00 PM

Mar 2010
This was probably one of the best anime movies I have seen, 1 hour and 30 minutes? felt like time stopped and only lasted for 25 minutes, thats how good it is!!!
The fanservice is top notch got sooooo many boners and erections that I lost count! I was aroused more than any hentai I have seen excluding bible black ofc.
What got me a bit shaken was the trap, I never expected such a thing and thus was betrayed and felt a bit out of place, but I accepted my feelings and decided to love the trap. Else be defeated by my own insecurities.
LOVED Megumin and her explosions, not to mention her whole family was lovable and really funny as hell

I could go ON AND on about how much I enjoyed this roller coaster of emotions but damn Great series and great Movie I NEED MMMMOOORRREEEEE EXXXPLOSIONSSSSS EEEEeeekk!!!!! xD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 1, 2020 4:27 AM

Dec 2015
What I learned from this is that although a Konosuba movie can be decent, they should still stick to tv format. Konosuba's humor doesn't quite work as well in a movie format. RIP Sylvie tho.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 1, 2020 7:18 AM
Apr 2019
This movie was absolutely beautiful i loved it.
Apr 1, 2020 5:56 PM
Aug 2014
I would happily watch this again, Really hope we get a season 3 soon we can only dream for now. 9/10
Apr 2, 2020 1:42 AM

Apr 2011
I love the movie overall. Everyone being dopey and funny as usual.

For a villain, I had the feels for Sylvia, she tried so hard to stay alive, but got swayed by Kazuma charms. in the end. lol

Apr 2, 2020 2:18 PM

May 2015
Definitely worth the 90 minutes. Movie fell off a bit for me in second half, but I'll probably up my score after some re watches in a couple months

Apr 2, 2020 5:20 PM

Mar 2016
Finally, an arc a movie dedicated for Megumin! She's the only girl in the party (besides Aqua cuz she's a goddess) that we've never seen the family of. And as you might expect it, the over the top family are just as quirky as their daughter is. Well, the clan is basically like that, what a hilarious revelation it is that the Crimson Demon Clan are one of that reincarnated-as-a-scientist's inventions!

If I'm not laughing my ass off at the countless jokes in this movie, I was smiling. Especially for the wholesome and touching scenes, mainly being Kazuma's interactions with Megumin. Of course hoping for them to have a much more intimate relationship is and has always been a dream, but hey... Seeing that last touching scene, it was incredibly wonderful and that is exactly how I feel throughout the movie!

FUTANARI ALERT FUTANARI ALERT FUTANARI ALERT FUTANARI ALERT FUTANARI ALERT

Apr 3, 2020 11:20 AM

Nov 2018
Mattinator95 said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

There's a difference between stealing underwear (which Kazuma does by using a superpower, so it's almost completely devoid of reality), and the joke being that someone is homophobic, and making fun of the idea of a guy getting raped.

So becouse kazuma who is a straight teenage pervert didn't like a dick being rubbed up agisnt him makes him homophobic.

I swear if these retarded people have their way, soon enough you will be called a homophobe by refusing to having sex with someone of your own gender.
Apr 3, 2020 11:58 AM

Aug 2009
Tougen said:
Mattinator95 said:

So becouse kazuma who is a straight teenage pervert didn't like a dick being rubbed up agisnt him makes him homophobic.

I swear if these retarded people have their way, soon enough you will be called a homophobe by refusing to having sex with someone of your own gender.

What do you mean soon? People are already labeled homophobic for being straight.

Kazuma is "straight sexist trash", Darkness has zero value for herself, Aqua is a useless bitch that keeps asking the male MC for money, and Megumin needs Kazutrash or else she cant do what she likes the most.
Two of the 3 female leads join the party by begging the far more useless male "leader".
Lets not even go at the rest of the side characters.

But when the jokes are directed to a "LGBT" character...THEN it is going to far. NOW they are being offensive.

And the bias:
Kazuma's sexual harassment and abuse towards the females is fine because it is magic and so devoid of reality.
But the Chimera Demon King General that happens to have both male and female body parts and who knows what else is realistic and thus offensive.

But hey some people will go so far at pretending to be "respectful" they will give up on common sense.
Apr 3, 2020 1:28 PM

Feb 2018
Megumin still take explossion skill lol.
Apr 3, 2020 1:58 PM

May 2018
lol everything is so stupid. But surprisingly it is not as funny as S1/S2. Maybe because the pacing is way too fast?
Apr 5, 2020 9:38 AM

Apr 2013
Byniavo said:
lol everything is so stupid. But surprisingly it is not as funny as S1/S2. Maybe because the pacing is way too fast?

it's because is a movie, movies are compressed versions of full 12 episodes show.
Apr 5, 2020 9:52 AM

Apr 2015
Hilarious, I really missed the cast. Great movie, enjoyed every second. Really digging the fluid animation style.

Perfect.
Apr 5, 2020 10:42 AM

May 2018
RavBTW said:
Byniavo said:

it's because is a movie, movies are compressed versions of full 12 episodes show.

They are most definitely not. The movie adapts 1 volume, which amounts to around 5 episodes of content, and that is already rushed to hell and back. Using 12 episodes of content squashed into a movie would turn into a disaster.

JC Staff should have at least increased the length of the movie to 1hr. 40 mins just so that we could catch a break with the fast pacing and so that some cut details could make it into the movie.
Apr 6, 2020 6:06 PM

Apr 2011
Why didn't Megumin pass out after using her explosion magic to fill up the rifle?
IKKIsamaApr 6, 2020 6:13 PM
Apr 7, 2020 3:20 AM
Apr 2019
Brilliant movie, i see J.C staff put a lot of works in this.. Nice...

Every art of explosion is very beautiful to look at and so badass..

Meeting the crimson demon villager and megumin's parents was so hilarious..

Very well done, i can easily seeing myself rewatching this again many times and still get the fun everytime..

9/10
Apr 7, 2020 5:58 AM

Jan 2011
Didn't realise this actually was adapting from the light novel going into it. Fun stuff. The origin of the Crimson Demons was such a bruh moment.
Apr 7, 2020 8:07 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty neat animation in those last twenty minutes. Fun movie to watch.
Apr 7, 2020 5:36 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty good adaptation for one of my favourite konosuba LN volumes. Definitely could have used another 20-30 minutes. They cut quite a bit from when the leave the village and encounter the orcs, but it was only comedy stuff so w/e I guess. Been a while since I read it so I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.

One thing for sure is the second time Kazuma ends up in Megumin's room to sleep. That scene felt super rushed in this movie, where as it was probably my favourite part of the novel. Anyway I don't wanna get into spoiler territory so I wont go into anything about that.

Also... the stuff after Sylvia got shot was anime original right? I don't think the fight dragged on that long in the novel. They spent a lot more time around the village and in the vault learning about the crazy Japanese guy. Eh w/e.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Great Movie

Brittaman12 - Jan 30

14 by Bananko00 »»
Feb 5, 2:55 AM

» Season 3 + Spin-off Anime Announced!

_MushiRock11_ - May 28, 2022

12 by GreatAide »»
Sep 3, 2023 3:10 AM

» How more Seasons and Movies required to cover the LN Series?

Anime_Novice75 - Oct 30, 2021

8 by Krishvanza123456 »»
Aug 27, 2022 3:19 AM

» Possible season 3 release date

Its_Gyro_Yo - Dec 23, 2021

13 by thogro99 »»
Feb 21, 2022 2:57 AM

» Konosuba new anime announced

MegamiRem - Jul 18, 2021

31 by A_Wild_Pie »»
Jul 23, 2021 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.