Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 3, 3:43 AM

Mar 2022
Another Good Episode but man can some one "Off" Lakan soon cause the guy creeps me the hell out!
Mar 3, 4:06 AM
Jan 2022
This episode made me wonder, How much does Jishi paid to bought Maomao?
Mar 3, 5:49 AM
Apr 2019
loving every episode of this anime!!
Mar 3, 6:45 AM
Jul 2023
I thought that this episode was really good! If anyone is looking for a great anime that is a break from your usual shounen I would highly recommend, it's so good at writing female characters and making them have an actual personality unlike some anime I've watched. Once again, would highly recommend. :)
Mar 3, 7:36 AM

Jul 2016
Never expected the quack doctor to end up being one of the more chill and likable characters, let alone someone Maomao would consider a (sorta?) friend.

Maomao calmly going "oh hi" whenever Jinshi catches her doing ...interesting stuff with another man will never get old, but casually having Lihaku strip and flex is on another level lmao
Mar 3, 8:27 AM
Oct 2019
W Lihaku, i hope he ended up with Pairin.

I just don't like how they end the episode with that man Lakan again.
Oh boy

Some users really called this episode filler-ish LMAO
Smh

davidyodo24Mar 3, 8:32 AM
Mar 3, 8:44 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to removed-user
Ahw man, they censored the pairin part from the manga x)

I mean it's no surprise because that would probably make the age rating higher but ya know, its be hot af lol. It's no wonder Mao is pretty immune to anything sexual when she's constantly surrounded by those women x) (and had a good meal every day x))

+damn, the guy could be a ifbb pro xd

I'm not sure if I agree with Jinshi paying the guy 20k just cos he wants to avoid Mao to get with him tho. I mean surely he's not that clueless/his bodyguard wont agree lol. I don't know I feel this is one of the weaker chapters
@FoodstampDayo
The anime is adapting the light novel, not the manga.
Mar 3, 8:57 AM

Jun 2016
soo pairin breastfeeding that little mao2 holy fuck that was stunning!!
Mar 3, 9:37 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to perseii
Wait, what happened to the art and animation? Maomao looks different and moves a little stiffer... Same with Jinshi. The story took a break, too, so I guess it didn't matter that much.

I guess they're saving their energy for the finale?
@perseii Yeah, from the get go the art and animation looked weird...
Mar 3, 11:01 AM

May 2015
The power of the MUSCLES
Mar 3, 3:48 PM

Jul 2023
Seriously, I really thought a DOM is gonna buy out Pairin, but this feels like a filler episode where this bloke is worried how to be with Pairin. He loves her despite being a courtesan.

It's a funny episode though.
Mar 3, 3:48 PM

Jun 2020
Filler episode. I don' have anything to say about it.
"
Mar 3, 7:17 PM
Mar 2019
10,000 is expensive in today's money.
How to afford without help??
Mamao sussed the problem out for the Doctor easily.
Mar 4, 3:32 AM
Mar 2019
Even the 'side quests' of this anime are beautiful. Excellent.
Mar 4, 6:45 AM
Sep 2021
Nice to see a side character Rihaku get his focus & also interested to see the next episode, it has something interesting.
Mar 4, 10:56 AM
Sep 2023
Just the right amount of fanservice and gorg gorgggg art and story I melt everytime a new episode drops
Mar 4, 4:07 PM
Sep 2021
This ep made me laugh way more times than I expected it to. I can't believe we are this close to the end of this season. I think I will pick up a light novel for the first time in my life because of this series. I just fell in love with it...
Mar 5, 6:26 AM

Apr 2012
I remember references from the manga about Pairin being pansexual with a huge libido, but I didn't think even teen maids were included in that list, lmao.

@kuroneko99 If we exclude objectively impossible reasons for the show like drug abuse, severe neuroleptics abuse or severe hormonal diseases, then judging by the article, we can only conclude that she either has severe stress and depression, which is not noticeable, or that her sex life is truly legendary.
RobertBobertMar 5, 6:31 AM
Mar 5, 6:37 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Zefyris
@Nachtwandler_21
Ahhh...
@Zefyris Don't worry, this is quite common. It would scare you to know how many times I've found that spoilers I've heard either blatantly ignore context or convey noticeably distorted information due to biased choice of words to describe events. For example, the English localization of Genshin is often accused of making things noticeably more ambiguous and pun-filled in order to provoke such an experience and increase speculative hype among fans.
Mar 5, 7:20 AM

Jun 2021
The gym poses cracked me up so bad. Didn't realize Lihaku was this serious about Pairin, but now that I see it, they are adorable together
Mar 5, 5:55 PM
Jul 2017
what a bad episode lmao, nothing happened and the whole assassination plot is gone and injuries recovered

awful ep
Mar 5, 6:27 PM

Jul 2016
I may sound like an idiot but this episode taught me that women don't necessarily need to be pregnant in order to lactate. My info might be wrong (and it probably is) but it seems they can lactate when the nipples are stimulated enough, which also made me realize the kind of activities Pairin's clients usually ask for...
OR IT MAY BE BECAUSE OF A SPECIFIC HORMONE PAIRIN'S BODY HAS AND I'M JUST WRITING NONSENSE HERE.

Anyways, probably the most "filler-ish" episode till date. Only relevant part was at the end with the fact of Lakan apparently buying Meimei. Not to mention storyline felt more or less similar to the one from Ep.3 with Fuyou (was that her name?) but this time being way less moving and more comedy-focused. Animation also took a nosedive this time.
Mar 5, 8:07 PM

Dec 2020
Wait..so did they imply they Pairin would even have sex with children to satisfy her cravings?
Mar 6, 12:52 AM
Feb 2024
It was Peak Fiction.
Mar 6, 3:13 AM
Nov 2020
I really laughed a lot in this episode.I could say it's one of the best episodes.
Mar 6, 7:01 AM
Feb 2023
I wanna deck Lakan, I hate him so much
Mar 7, 6:53 AM

Apr 2023
baby maomao is cute fr🥰💖
Mar 8, 7:31 PM

Jan 2022
Lihaku is such a cutie omg his love for Pairin is so wholesome and pure. His body poses were hilarious, he did it better than irl gym bros. Right as we were going to see the goodies Jinshi walks in. I wonder why Jinshi offered him so much money. Was it a test?

Maomao is not interested in seeing Jinshi nakey 😔 please just fall in love with him.

Hopefully the quack doctor can get his families' business back in order! Maomao is a genius
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 9, 3:30 AM

Sep 2014
Cute backstory. Cute lovestory too.

So if Pairin has been nursing Maomao when she was a baby and she is 16 now, how old is Pairin?

This was a necessary mood change after the last depressing episodes.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 9, 11:38 AM

Jul 2017
Back to the investigation, Maomao sure handles the quack Doctor a.k.a palace purveyor easily, and finds its quality of paper good, which attributes to his rather rich family with a somewhat complicated background. And the family formula for making paper, Maomao may just have heard bits and pieces, but even with simple saliva, it can act as a reagent to making better paper. The dumb Lihaku wanting to buy a courtesan, which is to Maomao's chagrin of his visit to her workplace, asking for the incredible Pairin, whom is like a mother to her. And considering his statures, the Verdigris House has very high standards to be bought out, and someone his stature will not make it...if only also considered in body shape.

The manservice of Lihaku, and for Maomao to be caught by Jinshi, he quite literally took it personally to be jealous lols. But in the face of a courtsan, he would be a rather poor choice. Instead, Jinshi being a monetary fund for Lihaku of 20,000 silver to buy out Pairin, it's just too generous of an offer to refuse, but he'd be rather better to earn on his own and also her affection. Of course, not forgetting that Lakan could also buy her out at any time.

Lakan is back for another puzzle for Maomao...
Mar 12, 3:01 AM

Feb 2019
This was a funny, great episode. Definitely shipping Lihaku and Pairin!

I also love to hear tidbits about Maomao's early life. Always loved how everyone in the Verdigris House just pampers her, especially the Three Princesses. So learning that they were the ones taking care of her (along with the Old Lady) before her father adopted her was really great. Moreso that Pairin even breastfed her, and to her is like a mother. So sweet.
Mar 12, 6:49 AM

Mar 2020
Its consistently good so far.
Mar 13, 2:53 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Naked in the room with our girl and Jinshi comes in, it was hilarious!!!
kekeke
Mar 14, 7:42 PM

Mar 2008
About the glue thing that is enzyme related.

Lihaku turning down all that money was a nice gesture though on other hand it could also be seen as being too prideful since he always could pay any money back in time or do something in exchange.
Mar 14, 11:18 PM

Jan 2014
Terrible episode. Nothing happened, overly exaggerated, goofy asf. The worst episode so far. Actually, the 2nd cour for me is pretty bland. Definitely lost some points in my score.
Mar 16, 5:22 PM

Jun 2014
Pairin is quite the woman. She has that "motherly" charm to her. I hope Lihaku is able to win her over, because he seems like a decent guy.

Mar 21, 10:27 AM
Mar 2024
this episode was boring
Mar 21, 5:17 PM
May 2020
Que capitulo mas hermoso!!
Mar 22, 12:42 AM

Oct 2013
Maomao is even aware of paper making techniques, lol. She could immediately solve the medic's problem. Speaking about him, he also had it rough. His life also met a sudden change at some point. :(

Ayo, Lihaku is really jacked. As expected from a diligent officer who could handle Bailing's sex needs, haha. His love story is really cute. Fingers crossed for him to get everything required to be with Bailing, including her heart.

By the way, I might be wrong, but in a few scenes faces of some characters felt a little bit different. Not that much, but I felt they were different compared to the last episodes, mostly when characters were looking down or up at something or someone, but not always. Perhaps a different person worked on them? Or maybe I was just seeing things.

Oh, and Lakan seems to be plotting something. Again. 😡
Mar 28, 4:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Maomao almost saw Lihaku's special argument lmao, hope he'll be able to buy Pairin at some point
Mar 28, 4:54 AM

Feb 2019
Lihaku is downright bad for Pairin.

Mar 30, 2:45 AM

Jun 2020
I don't know when it happened, but Lihaku has always been a favorite of mine, mostly because of his banter with Maomao. Learning about his love story this episode was so cute, he's like a ray of sunshine in the otherwise serious episodes. I'm glad to see that he never once even considered "devaluing" Pairin, just goes to show what a good guy he is.

Apr 1, 10:32 AM
Feb 2015
Lihaku is cute and Pairin is gorgeous, perfect combination, hope he albe store up that sweet money for her dowry. I was quite surprised Pairin wet nursing Maomao when she was baby. Oh that explain the relationship of three Princess with her. Jinshi always come at the wrong time, lol and Maomao asking him that too. Did he want to test Lihaku relationship intention with maomao.

Love how Lihaku respect over Pairin and her feelings and to have her voicing her thought about it
jumbosanApr 1, 10:43 AM
Apr 10, 5:35 AM

Jul 2013
Well that's just great, while this episode is not necessarily bad, but we didn't advance even a little bit with that grand mysterious plot to kill Jinshi
Apr 14, 10:56 PM

Feb 2019
what is Lakan's game here? he wants to take his daughter and maybe present her to the emperor as his next concubine? he's a weirdo and untrustworthy for sure
May 11, 12:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Too much greatness has happened ever since I last commented, the series is a slowburn, not that is boring to watch and you need to see a lot of episodes to get into it, but it takes its time to show off its true colours, all the drama underneath, and the way it does, is slow, carefully sending hints, watchers might get the full picture before it gets revealed itself. I did both for Maomao and Jinshi's backstories, eventually it does become obvious.

The appeal of the show goes not only for themselves but all the characters surrounding them, and the ongoing intrigue.
As for this episode, was less dramatic but cant just not share for Lihaku to get his woman, hopefully we will see that in the future.
I will not wait for S2 though and will probably jump straight to the manga, which I should have done many years ago, when I was aware the manga was good and popular, but never paid it too much attention.

I m glad that the right people did, and we got such a chef's kiss adaptation!
May 22, 9:22 PM
Jul 2020
Lihaku... what an honorable man.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

205 by LotteGiants »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

90 by grandy_UiD »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 4, 2023

158 by Anshika_Sh »»
Jun 10, 10:36 AM

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:38 AM

» Fun fact about Maomao

Fukoku - Oct 22, 2023

11 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.