Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2018 8:45 AM
Sep 2016
Devil_Slayer said:
>Hakuno kiss Nero in episode 3

>Shirou didn't even kiss Ren through the whole UBW anime

Alpha Hakuno ftw

nah they only fucked because with the bond shiro has enough mana for EMIYAS noble phantasm
Feb 11, 2018 8:49 AM

Apr 2013
Shaft's Fate/Extra > A-1's Fate/Apocrypha, /shitposting.

I've played Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC in my PSP and Fate/Extella through Steam. The Extra's universe is very different than others Fates, if Ufotable or any other studio animate Extra it will be very strange because they need to do a animation very different for got the Extra's atmosfere. For Extra we need a studio who makes the people watching say "wtf?" and try to use abstracts scenarios (like the scenarios used in all 3 games).
Hardgore_LasagnaFeb 11, 2018 8:52 AM
Feb 11, 2018 9:03 AM
Apr 2014
Rin lost her servant? Definitely Bullshit. She's most definitely gonna be an enemy in the later floors. Would not be surprised if she's hiding her servant somehow. Looks like she's just using MC for her own goal.
SE RA PH is gone? Might also be bullshit.
Rider got dealt with so quickly, what a disappointment and that's one of the stronger classes in this holy grail war, I fear for what they'll do to the other classes, Fights so far have been absolute trash, even Apocrypha did them better and Apocrypha is trash.
MC is vastly different from the game's MC, game's MC was relunctant about doing the killing, this edgelord doesn't give a fuck about Shinji.
Dat Mana transfer though.
Feb 11, 2018 9:08 AM

Aug 2009
frenze12 said:
So i guess the rule that says the last/most recent heroic spirits can only be from the last 150 years because in modern days it's to difficult to become a heroic spirit because humanity advanced to much with it's technology (and a simple phonecall can save the world and shit according to Nasu) doesn't apply anymore?

I mean like seriously, Neil Armstrong? That better be a counter guardian like EMIYA...

I think this show took Fate/Grand Order x Himuro's World to seriously lol.
Nasu being Nasu again with his writing.

Neil was a Servant in the original Extra.So long before himuro and FGO.Also that rule isnt absolute.
Feb 11, 2018 9:22 AM
Apr 2015
ssjokg said:
frenze12 said:
So i guess the rule that says the last/most recent heroic spirits can only be from the last 150 years because in modern days it's to difficult to become a heroic spirit because humanity advanced to much with it's technology (and a simple phonecall can save the world and shit according to Nasu) doesn't apply anymore?

I mean like seriously, Neil Armstrong? That better be a counter guardian like EMIYA...

I think this show took Fate/Grand Order x Himuro's World to seriously lol.
Nasu being Nasu again with his writing.

Neil was a Servant in the original Extra.So long before himuro and FGO.Also that rule isnt absolute.

You do realise that there a literal interview with the man himself saying it right?

"As of the 21st Century, the most recent Heroic Spirits are from one hundred years prior. It is still possible for people to make contracts with the World as Counter Guardians and be summoned from the future into the current age as well. While modern weapons are powerful, it would not normally be possible to summon a "warrior from the future loaded with modern weaponry" because it is difficult for such people to become classified as Heroic Spirits. Modern weapons grant ease of use with the advantage of "anyone can use them as long as they were trained", so those who use them are "faceless heroes" who lack any qualities because they possess "expertise anyone can achieve through sufficient training." Heroes loaded with modern weapons would not become the Heroic Spirit, but rather only the weapon being worshipped so long as it harbors a soul."
frenze12Feb 11, 2018 9:26 AM
Feb 11, 2018 9:26 AM

Aug 2009
frenze12 said:
ssjokg said:

You do realise that there a literal interview with the man himself saying it right?
You realize that I just told you that Neil was in the Original Extra right.

Also
>Nasu making ironclad rules

lol
Feb 11, 2018 9:29 AM
Apr 2015
ssjokg said:
frenze12 said:

Also

lol

So what are you trying to tell? That Nasu changes his mind when he likes it? Like how this Rin > 3 berserker servants is canon now?

Trying to undermine his credibility as a writer?
Feb 11, 2018 9:33 AM

Aug 2009
frenze12 said:
ssjokg said:

Also

lol

So what are you trying to tell? That Nasu changes his mind when he likes it? Like how this Rin > 3 berserker servants is canon now?

No I am saying that no rule Nasu ever made cant be broken. In FSN he did that all the time.

Also the rules that apply in Extraverse dont apply in FSN.

Also we dont know what Rin did or if she even IS Rin.
Feb 11, 2018 9:40 AM
Apr 2015
ssjokg said:
frenze12 said:

No I am saying that no rule Nasu ever made cant be broken. In FSN he did that all the time.

About the whole "rules from show x don't apply to show y thing"

"Heroic Spirits are also recorded and stored as data recorded from humanity's history within the Moon Cell, but they are identical to those within the Throne."

Basically meaning according to this statement Mr. Armstrong also exist in F/SN as a possible servant (With the Throne existing outside time and shit)
Feb 11, 2018 9:51 AM
Jan 2018
To be fair Rin is certainly a Servant in disguise (maybe Tamamo with the whole sticker thing), if you watch carefully when they drink the bottle Rin doesn't drink the Master bottle but the Servant one. So no rule is broken there.
Feb 11, 2018 9:57 AM

Aug 2009
frenze12 said:
ssjokg said:

"Heroic Spirits are also recorded and stored as data recorded from humanity's history within the Moon Cell, but they are identical to those within the Throne."

Basically meaning according to this statement Mr. Armstrong also exist in F/SN as a possible servant (With the Throne existing outside time and shit)

Except that I am not talking about the Throne/Moon Cell.I am talking about the abilities of characters.Spiritron Hackers are way more OP because they can interfere with the environment while magi in FSN etc are quite limited.

The rule about modern Servants is that they cant become Heroic Spirits because anybody can replicate their skills. Except that back when Armstrong went to the moon this wasnt exactly something that anyone could do.

Humans cant fight Servants.
Servants cant survive without a Master/Grail.
Shirou cant trace divine items.

Were those rules broken?Yes.Was there a legit explanation?Yes.

Really I dont understand how you never realized how flexible the rules Nasu created are when you seem to be a fan of the source material.

Feb 11, 2018 9:58 AM
May 2017
This is easily the worst Fate anime oh my god
I hope shaft gets their shit together and somehow tries fixing the damage done. They really don't seem to care about this anime like ufo did. Even A-1 at least seemed to try with Apocrypha. The pacing and animation is so lackluster it just hurts right now. Drake went to waste just like that. The least they could have done is give her a decent fight if they were just gonna throw her character in the trash can like that. I like drake and didn't even feel a shred of emotion watching her go.
Why is this so bad?

Is the second cour still going to be handled by shaft? I really don't like their style tbh. Some pretty backgrounds that still add no value and the "atmosphere" people are praising it for just leaves me with a meh. The locations just feel plain random rather than an actual world that had some thought put into it

The director is pathetic also
AnnaHomuraFeb 11, 2018 10:13 AM
Feb 11, 2018 10:09 AM
Jan 2018
AnnaHomura said:
I hope shaft gets their shit together and somehow tries fixing the damage done. They really don't seem to care about this anime like ufo did. Even A-1 at least seemed to try with Apocrypha. The pacing and animation is so lackluster it just hurts right now. Drake went to waste just like that. The least they could have done is give her a decent fight if they were just gonna throw her character in the trash can like that. I like drake and didn't even feel a shred of emotion watching her go.
Why is this so bad?

Is the second cour still going to be handled by shaft?

There is no second cour for the anime, only a special broadcast is confirmed so you can only expect something like a OVA.
Feb 11, 2018 10:18 AM
Apr 2015
ssjokg said:
frenze12 said:

Except that I am not talking about the Throne/Moon Cell.I am talking about the abilities of characters.Spiritron Hackers are way more OP because they can interfere with the environment while magi in FSN etc are quite limited.

The rule about modern Servants is that they cant become Heroic Spirits because anybody can replicate their skills. Except that back when Armstrong went to the moon this wasnt exactly something that anyone could do.

Humans cant fight Servants.
Servants cant survive without a Master/Grail.
Shirou cant trace divine items.

Were those rules broken?Yes.Was there a legit explanation?Yes.

Really I dont understand how you never realized how flexible the rules Nasu created are when you seem to be a fan of the source material.

Why need servants when Spiritron Hackers are more OP? (my brain hurts)

I'm a fan of the lore and yet i never found a actual explanation untill this date (and i fear i will never get one) why someone like Armstrong would/could be a heroic spirit. (by the explanation from Nasu's statement (see above) his suit basically should be the HS and not the human in the suit, meaning the suit must have had a soul in it during when armstrong still lived and would be a weak nameless hero lol)

Meanwhile people who are famous but aren't (fully) a heroic spirit (yet)

Saber (from the orginal F/SN, stated by Nasu in a interview is not quite there yet but could become one if she tried after her death somehow)

Dahut (could not become a HS)
Oda Nobuyuki (same, not a HS)
Michelangelo (same)
Sengo Muramasa (lacked the heroic deed to become one lol, yet Jack/loli the ripper gets a free pass)

Oh trust me, i'm really flexible... as long there is a source explaining why.

Feb 11, 2018 10:19 AM
May 2017
LightHunt said:
AnnaHomura said:
Why is this so bad?

Is the second cour still going to be handled by shaft?

There is no second cour for the anime, only a special broadcast is confirmed so you can only expect something like a OVA.

So they lied? Crap

Well then this is going to continue being an absolute train wreck I suppose
Feb 11, 2018 10:21 AM
Jan 2018
AnnaHomura said:
LightHunt said:

So they lied? Crap

Well then this is going to continue being an absolute train wreck I suppose

They never said it was going to be a 2 cour anime, they only said that a special broadcast will come and everyone is like "2 cour anime confirmed !!!"
Feb 11, 2018 10:25 AM
Jul 2016
Welp, the fight was underwhelming and Rider barely got any screen time, so i didn't really care about her death. Rin is obviously plotting shit. Apparently defeating 3 servants by herself? She'll most probably become an enemy in the future.

AcelyK said:
Anime could freaking use a Tsukihime remake

It can't have a remake when it's never had an anime.
Feb 11, 2018 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
I don´t get why so many people are hating on SHAFT, personally I think they are doing a great job with the visuals, the main problem in my opinion is the story.

Feb 11, 2018 11:17 AM

May 2016
I can't believe I was hyped for this show. Not quite ready to drop it, but I really feel Shaft are wasting their time on this.

I feel nothing towards any of the characters, can't even bring myself to like Rin or hate Shinji as much as I would in any other Fate. The Rider character was a paper cutout, and an ugly one at that. The visual design in general reeks of mid-2000s.

Can I have an Apocrypha-type comeback, please?
Feb 11, 2018 11:34 AM

Jul 2012
That was really anticlimatic. This episode was so confusing, for the most part didn't understand what was happening, didn't play any of the games and i hope that it isn't the case, and it felt like it was rushed. The fight felt underwhelming ... I think Shaft's Rin looks so weird.
Feb 11, 2018 11:39 AM

May 2015
JudoJD said:
Kittens-kun said:
@AcelyK Typical biased Shaft hate.

Nah Shaft is obviously messing up . Only shaft fanboys from monogatari can't see how bad this is

She wasn't just shitting on this show though. She said that every show they make is bad.

Feb 11, 2018 11:45 AM
Apr 2015
DarknessSerpent said:
I don´t get why so many people are hating on SHAFT, personally I think they are doing a great job with the visuals, the main problem in my opinion is the story.

True, same thing went for Fate Apo, nagging about design and animation while the biggest flaw was it's character presentation and storytelling lol.
Feb 11, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
I hate how Hakuno is such emotionless edge lord in this show, like in the game you are faced with sorrow and hesitations everytime you have to beat one of the masters and after the Alice stuff he was REALLY annoyed with this whole system and heck he even cries for his enemies later

wtf with this theme Hakuno have no emotions except hate? you serious here? I know this is supposedly anime original but to alter it to the point where the MC is totally different character than how he is in the game is just ridiculous
Feb 11, 2018 11:52 AM
Apr 2015
Drake1000 said:
Rin lost her servant? Definitely Bullshit. She's most definitely gonna be an enemy in the later floors. Would not be surprised if she's hiding her servant somehow. Looks like she's just using MC for her own goal.

they either:

1) Didn't wanted to show that servant because god forbid he already was in F/SN. Can't have that, have to respect the E-rank luck, no moment for shining for you :P
2) As shown Rin is a strong independent woman, she don't need a servant to kill another servant xD
Feb 11, 2018 11:59 AM
Jan 2018
Devil_Slayer said:
I hate how Hakuno is such emotionless edge lord in this show, like in the game you are faced with sorrow and hesitations everytime you have to beat one of the masters and after the Alice stuff he was REALLY annoyed with this whole system and heck he even cries for his enemies later

wtf with this theme Hakuno have no emotions except hate? you serious here? I know this is supposedly anime original but to alter it to the point where the MC is totally different character than how he is in the game is just ridiculous

A lot of people are saying he isn't Hakuno but an impostor.
Feb 11, 2018 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
Fight scene was pretty eh, but that's not the reason I watch Fate anyway. Didn't feel anything for Rider's death, though I don't think that was the point of the skirmish at all.

That kiss was definitely something. Also, a Shinji that isn't a punchable dick is not Shinji.

Having had no exposure to the original source material, I thought this episode was pretty great overall.
I need sleep.
Feb 11, 2018 12:08 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Specimen021 said:

Can I have an ApocryphaZero-type comeback, please?

Here we go, better.

Personally tho, even if its not that great, im still more interested in this than apocrypha and F/SN which is nice.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 11, 2018 12:14 PM

May 2016
DatRandomDude said:
Specimen021 said:

Can I have an ApocryphaZero-type comeback, please?

Here we go, better.

Personally tho, even if its not that great, im still more interested in this than apocrypha and F/SN which is nice.

I don't really think Zero needed that much of a comeback tbh. I was more referencing Apocrypha being absolutely unwatchable, awful and sleep-inducing in its first half, and its later improvement to the level of being basically okay.
Feb 11, 2018 12:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Specimen021 said:
DatRandomDude said:

Here we go, better.

I don't really think Zero needed that much of a comeback tbh. I was more referencing Apocrypha being absolutely unwatchable, awful and sleep-inducing in its first half, and its later improvement to the level of being basically okay.
Oh ok, that way. I misunderstood, my bad.
I dunno, i dropped apo after a couple of episode lol
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 11, 2018 12:19 PM

Jun 2009
Shaft is doing great job honestly.

To be able to fix an anoying character like Shinji and make him somewhat deep is no small feat at all.

Also I love the music in this show.
Feb 11, 2018 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
Great episode! Great, we're now 3 episodes in and haters will stop dropping this which will make these threads a lot better.

So Shinji is not a complete dog in this series? Well played Nasu, I actually think deep down he likes Shinji.

Umu stole the show once again, she approved of the kiss!
Feb 11, 2018 1:10 PM

Sep 2016
kronos7 said:

To be able to fix an anoying character like Shinji and make him somewhat deep is no small feat at all.

Every studio can do that if they want to and nasu wrote the script no shaft

It`s amusing how the fate fags keep defending every type moon series
Feb 11, 2018 1:50 PM

Jun 2015
kronos7 said:

Nasu wrote this, not Shaft, and he already did that in Extra and CCC. Shaft did nothing but animate.

Feb 11, 2018 1:54 PM

Jun 2016
All these long posts :/

I just wanna say they made Red Saber's breasts too big.

Feb 11, 2018 2:03 PM
Jan 2018
Thanks Shaft for butchering Nasu script into a one cour, and the worst is they said to him to "go wild" and "to not care about the budget' but they don't even have the budget for a 2 cour anime.
Feb 11, 2018 2:10 PM

Jun 2011
LightHunt said:
Thanks Shaft for butchering Nasu script into a one cour, and the worst is they said to him to "go wild" and "to not care about the budget' but they don't even have the budget for a 2 cour anime.

was it ever stated they're only going to do 1 cour? Wasn't there going to be a second broadcast called "Illustrious Geocentrism" to be aired?
Feb 11, 2018 2:12 PM
Jan 2018
Theorder14 said:
LightHunt said:

was it ever stated they're only going to do 1 cour? Wasn't there going to be a second broadcast called "Illustrious Geocentrism" to be aired?

It's just stated to be a special broadcast and since the story is rushed as hell...
LightHuntFeb 11, 2018 2:15 PM
Feb 11, 2018 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
LightHunt said:
Theorder14 said:

It's juste stated to be a special broadcast and since the story is rushed as hell...

eh, they're not adapting the game so i wouldn't say that the story is "rushed". Sure, we didn't get to know Drake but there's clearly some time-loop shenanigans going on here. It's possible the second "arc" will explore another loop.
Theorder14Feb 11, 2018 2:33 PM
Feb 11, 2018 2:59 PM

Sep 2015
JudoJD said:
Nayout said:

-Nasu confirms that the story is original
-People complain that they are not faithful to the game
- ?????????????

Well, in your original comment you complain mostly about the animation...

After people try to take seriously the ratings of this page when have comments like these

Animation is part of execution and I also have to agree Shaft's scenes (especially the fights) are poorly choreographed and animated
Lol you just ended up agreeing with her for blaming the studio
Unless now you wanna say Nasu animated the thing

The only problem is the fight between Drake and Nero, but everything else is perfectly explained in this post
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1705980&show=50#msg54025344

Devil_Slayer said:

Does it really surprise you?
Lenka is nothing like Yuu in the God Eater anime
Sorey in the second season of Zestiria changes a lot compared to the game and I can continue to give examples
Feb 11, 2018 3:02 PM

Apr 2010
agilityredfox said:

Red Saber has large breasts. She's not a pettanko like blue Saber.
Feb 11, 2018 3:05 PM

Mar 2013
UmU/10 .would Umu again
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 11, 2018 3:11 PM

Aug 2015
frenze12 said:
DarknessSerpent said:

True, same thing went for Fate Apo, nagging about design and animation while the biggest flaw was it's character presentation and storytelling lol.

At least Apocrypha was somewhat understandable. In the end perhaps no Gilgamesh, no likey from me. I needed my weekly dose of “mongrels”, maybe some other time, fingers crossed.
Feb 11, 2018 3:13 PM

Jun 2009
redlight21 said:
kronos7 said:

Every studio can do that if they want to and nasu wrote the script no shaft

It`s amusing how the fate fags keep defending every type moon series

Soo I am a fag, because I've written a positive opinion about the series I enjoy?

I am obviously not talking just about writing, but overall directing of scenes with him / the choice of music / the way his character was presented etc. There's way more behind successful character then just writing behind him.
Feb 11, 2018 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
antonn said:
agilityredfox said:

in extella, her breasts weren't that big

Feb 11, 2018 3:40 PM

Mar 2012
That battle ended a lot less excitingly than I thought. There wasn't a real struggle of any sort--just Nero getting shot, getting back up, and one-shotting Drake. Shame since I thought it was going to be an amazing fight.
Feb 11, 2018 3:49 PM

Apr 2013
agilityredfox said:
antonn said:

Official data:

Height: 150cm
Weight: 42kg
Three sizes: B83/W56/H82

Umu!
Feb 11, 2018 3:56 PM

Jan 2017
Damn I was so hyped when Drake appeared, at least they could give her one more episode :[
Feb 11, 2018 3:59 PM

Nov 2012
Perhaps I didn't pay well enough attention, but did all the other living masters who gave up die in that flood? Or were there none of them in the first place and the world was just the NPCs we've seen?
Jaywalker.
Feb 11, 2018 4:24 PM

Oct 2014
agilityredfox said:
antonn said:

Now a Rin myster comes to place.
Feb 11, 2018 4:34 PM
May 2014
Mana-transfer through kissing huh...

Thank you for making this possible Prillya xD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

60 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.