Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 4, 2016 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Karasuno is still trailing their opponent but score remains close.

At the same time, I think Shiratorizawa is catching up on their own ability to counter. Good episode, this one felt more like one with more analysis with some balanced gameplay. Hinata's fighting spirit is still pretty hot! :D
Nov 4, 2016 10:25 AM

Nov 2007
Showing why one of the members of enemy team decided to join where he is now. Main guy got damaged. Yet another battle of not giving up to each other (one point each).

Old coach coming. The enemy team starts to block Megane guy and Nobu's character. Miyu-Miyu's character was scary at one point. Main guy finally used the skill he trained with the old coach. NamiDai's character, in his disguise, did come to see how they do. lol @ 575 part.
tsubasaloverNov 4, 2016 11:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 4, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2016
Bit of a slow start this episode and a little less exciting overall from the previous one. I was surprised they breezed over almost an entire set, but considering the length of the season it makes sense.

I love finally getting to see Hinata get some blocks and one-touch's in. He's been steadily improving throughout the whole series but I always love seeing him hone skills unrelated to his spiking. He could work on his serve next haha. Also want to see some feints and wipes, they're useful plays and he's decent at them so I wish he'd use them more!

I always end up taking Noya's skills as a libero for granted so I'm glad to see the episode bring attention to it. I hope he gets in some crazy receives this set. Tsukki is still proving what an awesome strategist he is.

Excited to see the tension ramp up in the oncoming sets!
Nov 4, 2016 12:10 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Probably the weakest episode so far. Was still good nevertheless.
Nov 4, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2016
The third set was really fast so I'm guessing the rest of the fourth and fifth set are gonna be a bit longer but there is only 5 episodes left so we will see how the show will continue.

First of all, can we talk about Noya's face when he can't stop Ushijima's spikes? How can this precious kid look so mad sometimes?!

I also liked when Ushijima talked with Hinata, even though it was to criticize, but first Hinata's reaction was priceless and it also gave him strength to fight on the next set

AND SUGA'S FACE WHEN ONCE AGAIN USHIJIMA SCORES???!! I MEAN LOOK HOW MAD HE LOOKS HAHAHA I love this season cause we've been getting so many different Suga's sides haha

And even if it was just for a few seconds we got to see GLASSES HANDSOME OIKAWA *_________* and Iwa-chan hehe

Very excited for the next episode, I'm sure it will be one of the best bc I read the manga and I know spoilers HOPEFULLY MORE TSUKKI SHINING MOMENTS!
Nov 4, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, Perhaps not at the level of epicness of the last 4 but hey it was still great.

Surprised they actually skimmed through the third set, Well I guess that means the last set is gonna be fairly long and I suppose the total episode count is fairly low as well.

Tsutomu in this episode reminded me a lot of Rock Lee. xD

Nice to see Nishinoya determined to play equal to Ushiwaka, Awesome block. :D
Great spotlight on Hinata's blocking, Loved that run up block and the visuals showing his hands as wings. Always love that imagery. Nice spikes and sprints from Hinata this episode as well.

Oikawa and his reasoning at the end was funny, "No matter which side wins, I'm gonna be able to see the other team's faces when they lose" ,Talk about win-win situations. XD

Can't wait for more.
Nov 4, 2016 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
weebna said:
I also liked when Ushijima talked with Hinata, even though it was to criticize, but first Hinata's reaction was priceless and it also gave him strength to fight on the next set
!

O B L I T E R A T E D

Hinata is officially Karasuno's best memer
Nov 4, 2016 12:31 PM
Nov 2015
Oikawa and Iwa-chan this ep <3
Hinata's new style of blocking was great, pretty worried if he can keep it up throughout the rest of the match though...
Nov 4, 2016 12:38 PM

Jun 2016
Oh man, I love this show so much. Glasses Oikawa is my favorite character I hate to love. (I still get to see the face of whoever loses!) Suga-san's face when Ushijima scored... and Hinata turning Ushijima's criticism into GREATNESS. I love those boys. I can't wait to see what awesome plays Tsukki's frustration culminates into, and I'm so glad they glossed over the loss of the 3rd set.
"Once my stomach settles down...You better be prepared, 'cause we'll really give you something to cry about in the mat..."
Nov 4, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2008
All other great things aside, I just wanna add that Shiratorizawa is incredibly fun team to watch.

Nice personalities, nice interactions, nice bunch of players with motivations and goals. It's always nice to see anime develop not just main cast, but also opposition. Great episode, as always.
Nov 4, 2016 12:54 PM

Jun 2014
I love Nishinoya with all my heart.

This episode wasn't as thrilling as the last one but I feel like I know Shiratorizawa better & I love most members. Karasuno's team work is as great as ever too, both teams are the opposite of each other & that's what makes it more exciting than the ohter matches imo. Loved seeing Oikawa & Iwa-chan again lol! I wish the whole team was there. But that was a great ep, the last few minutes were incredibly intense. 5/5
Nov 4, 2016 12:54 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Actually no, that episode is great. I was really tired from work when i watched the first time. I'm rewatching it as we speak and it's hype as well. If a ''breather'' episode can do that, then the next episodes will be insanity.
Nov 4, 2016 12:55 PM

May 2010
Wow the 3rd set passed by fast.

Hinata was really cool there. I liked this episode better than the last one tbh. You can see how much Hinata does to make up for his short stature. Really impressed.

As always, the ED song manages to kill the hype of the episode. It's not a bad song but it doesn't fit the season at all. AT ALL. It needed something like KnB's Lantana.
Nov 4, 2016 12:56 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was so cool!! We got to see Oikawa and Iwaizumi in casual clothes (AND OIKAWA WITH GLASSES \(^o^)/ ), Suga's inner Tanaka, Hinata blocking and Nishinoya's focus and resolve (again)!

I gotta say, though: the ending theme is so easy going. I mean, I kinda like it, but here I am all hyped up during the episode and then suddenly that relaxed and easy going song starts to play.
Like, what am I to do with all this adrenalin, guys? Don't leave me hanging.
Nov 4, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
This was probably the weakest episode so far, yet it was still great. It amazes me how Haikyuu manages to do that. Hinata is worrying me a bit with how much he keeps using his running block, hopefully his stamina can keep up.

Also, why did so many people make such a big deal out of Glasses Oikawa? I thought something special would occur or it would have some sort of impact, but it just ended up being another one of those instances where fans hype up the fuck out of something that wasn't even that amazing. Sure, he was funny for the minute that he showed up, but other than that it was nothing special.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 4, 2016 1:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
TragicRomance said:
Hinata was really cool there. I liked this episode better than the last one tbh. You can see how much Hinata does to make up for his short stature. Really impressed.

That doesn't beat an entire two seasons worth of character build up for a side character to have the ultimate payoff. Not in the slightest.
Nov 4, 2016 1:17 PM

May 2010
Smudy said:
TragicRomance said:

That doesn't beat an entire two seasons worth of character build up for a side character to have the ultimate payoff. Not in the slightest.

I know what you mean. I don't expect many people to support me either. It's just that Tsukki kinda gets on my nerves at times, tho ye he was really cool in the last episode.
Nov 4, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
Nice episode
More importantly
OIKAWA
OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA OIKAWA
OIKAWA FUCKING TOORU
Nov 4, 2016 1:20 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
TragicRomance said:
Smudy said:

I know what you mean. I don't expect many people to support me either. It's just that Tsukki kinda gets on my nerves at times, tho ye he was really cool in the last episode.

Yeah, i kinda figured that you don't like Tsukki that much, but that's alright, not anyone can have the same opinion.
Nov 4, 2016 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode.Karasuno lost easily the 3rd set and now with Hinata's blocks and spikes is fighting to win the 4th set.
Nov 4, 2016 1:32 PM

Sep 2008
I've fallen for Shoyo again!
These reactions!
These mimics!
These actions!
Shoyo is the best! <3

During this episode I was like "When Megane Oikawa?", "I wonder when they will show Megane Oikawa?", when he show up in fleshbacks... I was like "Maybe now..."
Really, they keep me waiting almost whole episode for this! xD
But... it was good!
I liked it!
Nov 4, 2016 1:33 PM

Oct 2015
Hinata my son, I was getting a bit impatient with not seeing him in action a lot, but I'm finally satisfied. And we're getting started on the shiratorizawa flashbacks, so it's time to start loving every character and not being sure who to route for anymore.

thebrentinator24 said:
Also, why did so many people make such a big deal out of Glasses Oikawa? I thought something special would occur or it would have some sort of impact, but it just ended up being another one of those instances where fans hype up the fuck out of something that wasn't even that amazing. Sure, he was funny for the minute that he showed up, but other than that it was nothing special.

Wait, are you saying Oikawa with glasses isn't something special?
Nov 4, 2016 1:35 PM

Jun 2014
Tsukkimaru said:
Hinata my son, I was getting a bit impatient with not seeing him in action a lot, but I'm finally satisfied. And we're getting started on the shiratorizawa flashbacks, so it's time to start loving every character and not being sure who to route for anymore.

thebrentinator24 said:

Well I have no idea why it was such a big deal...............

Nov 4, 2016 1:37 PM
Sep 2016
Oikawa with glasses (*-*) I need more
Nov 4, 2016 1:38 PM

Oct 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Tsukkimaru said:

Well, it's not really, but oikawa is a pretty big fan favourite so seeing him again will stir up some hype. And the glasses are just a nice surprise, since he's already considered a 'bishounen' (canonically and fanonically) the glasses will add to this for some people.
Nov 4, 2016 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
Tsukkimaru said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Well, it's not really, but oikawa is a pretty big fan favourite so seeing him again will stir up some hype. And the glasses are just a nice surprise, since he's already considered a 'bishounen' (canonically and fanonically) the glasses will add to this for some people.

Oh, then it's clearly something for the female audience. No wonder it did nothing for me.

Nov 4, 2016 1:45 PM

Dec 2012

it happened. IT HAPPENED.
IT WAS FINALLY HERE.
Oh god what a bless
Nov 4, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2013
That moment when Kageyama thought Hinata was comparing him to Ushikawa on how he spikes was pretty funny. Other than that, a solid episode as usual but skipping over an entire set was a bit weird.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 4, 2016 1:55 PM

Aug 2010
The last few minutes with Hinata coming and going with those new tracks were epic asf

Oikawa and Ukai appearing was great
Nov 4, 2016 2:07 PM

Dec 2012
Very funny episode with amazing actions. That's why I love Haikyuu, Hinata was so fast at this end, it must so exausting.
Nishinoya is still one of my favorite character, he is small, but he has an impressive impact.

Once again, it was a really good episode !
Nov 4, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2014
they change a bit from manga (third set was a half chapter in manga and ended with 25-20 point,also they didnt show how shirabu got to shirtorisawa ,in fact he was there bc of his grads :D if you want you can read manga ch.165)
Also they omitted some part of the speaking between players and their thought,
they actually animated 7 chapter in this episode (chapter 164-170) !!! the pacing is good for anime and i think it s ok, bc if they animated all of the scenes, the viewers become bored. but as a manga reader im not satisfied

Also they put oikawa in this episode , i remember in the manga he was shown near the end of the game . i think it was way better if he wasnt show in the episode preview so that the viewers became surprised in this episode.
roz04Nov 4, 2016 2:14 PM
Nov 4, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2016
The third set... was pretty fast xD But it's understandable considering the length of the show. Damn, they are about to finish the 4th set and things are heating more now :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 4, 2016 2:22 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
roz04 said:
they change a bit from manga (third set was a half chapter in manga and ended with 25-20 point,also they didnt show how shirabu got to shirtorisawa ,in fact he was there bc of his grads :D if you want you can read manga ch.165)
Also they omitted some part of the speaking between players and their thought,
they actually animated 7 chapter in this episode (chapter 164-170) !!! the pacing is good for anime and i think it s ok, bc if they animated all of the scenes, the viewers become bored. but as a manga reader im not satisfied

Also they put oikawa in this episode , i remember in the manga he was shown near the end of the game . i think it was way better if he wasnt show in the episode preview so that the viewers became surprised in this episode.

They know their priorities though. This will be crazy hype for the remaining episodes and they will make it look insane.
Nov 4, 2016 2:34 PM
Dec 2015
I loved it!! I absolutely loved how Shirabu was payed attention to. I love him, love at first sight!! I also got to see Oikawa with glasses so it's a plus, plus.I really liked this episode, it was really suspenseful but the creators never fail to add humor! I thought Tanaka's haiku wsa really funny.
Nov 4, 2016 2:39 PM

Jan 2016
That last spike in the third set blasted through Nishinoya,need to nerf Ushijima.Hinata showing why he's the Goat,Oikawa with glasses thooooooooooo looks a bit like aizen.
Nov 4, 2016 2:53 PM

Jun 2014

Yup, that's everything I've wanted from this season.
Nov 4, 2016 3:31 PM

Feb 2013
Hinata blocked Wakatoshi, that was cool.
Nov 4, 2016 3:35 PM

Mar 2013
Well at least set 3 went by quick xD Karasuno is doing well!
Nov 4, 2016 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
It's a good show, but for what it is showing now its also so unbelievably overhyped.
Nov 4, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2013
not much happened this episode
Nov 4, 2016 4:11 PM

Sep 2014
Ah, that ended quckily, the 3rd set, moving forward to the next set.
lmao, it's quite funny seeing Sugawara's face, got pissed off seeing UshiJima's score.
And to think that Hinata twisted what Ushikawa said "A shrimp that sucks like you has no reason to live" lol
It must be tiring for Hinata to run that much, but that's awesome seeing Hinata's run block, which is something never happened before and his one touch blocks. And hearing from Tanaka's sister saying "I've fallen for Shoyo!" haha xD
The last moment with Hinata and Tanaka was great. Anyway, I'm quite satisfied to see Hinata's action in this episode. :)
Nov 4, 2016 4:22 PM

Aug 2015
I thought this episode was great. Loved seeing Oikawa as well lol
Nov 4, 2016 4:34 PM

Sep 2015
Yay Hinata remembered the word "Clumsy" from Yachi's aid
Nov 4, 2016 4:43 PM

Dec 2015
I actually think a lot of things happened in this episode that it felt like the pacing was a bit fast and unfocused but still a solid episode for me.

Best moments are

- Starting with my boy Noya! Noya yet again proves his skill as a high caliber libero! his little speeches always tugs my heart

- Satori remains best boy in Shiratorizawa! Goshiki comes up next with his funny stunts. I also liked the backstory from shirabu

-Tanaka being the support!

-Oikawa and Iwa chan watching.

- Finally! Hinata Soaring high! with his block and one touch!

This episode covers almost 6 chapters in the manga, if im not mistaken normally the anime would cover only about 4-5chaps an episode (mostly 4chaps) and not complaining but Oikawa's entrance should have been at the very end of the match. They had squeezed in all of that, no wonder it felt a bit fast.

Hopefully the pacing next episode would slow down a bit, now that the 4th quarter is almost at its peak.
QueenSapphireMar 8, 2017 2:46 AM
Nov 4, 2016 5:28 PM

May 2015
johnyjohny said:
It's a good show, but for what it is showing now its also so unbelievably overhyped.

Overhyped? No way.

Nov 4, 2016 5:42 PM

Nov 2012
Kittens-kun said:
johnyjohny said:

Overhyped? No way.
9.08? 5 eps? hell yea.
Nov 4, 2016 6:37 PM

Oct 2012
Holy how does this anime continue to hype me more and more every single episode!?
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 4, 2016 6:37 PM

Jun 2014
Surprised they skipped over a full set; but I guess theyre reserving a lot of time for the final set.
Nov 4, 2016 7:04 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Both teams are giving it their all. Already on the 4th Set & the match is continuously getting intense.

LOL Miracle Boy Sa-to-ri. Tendou loves to irritate Karasuno.
Oikawa in glasses. :)

Hinata with that nice block. Ushiwaka's words are not going to intimidate him.

LETS GO KARASUNO!!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 4, 2016 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
The pacing started off kinda weird - I was not expecting the 3rd set to go so quickly. I'm hoping Karasuno takes the 4th set (which they probably will since we have 5 more episodes left, but you never know)!

I'm glad that flashback with Shiratorizawa's setter went by quickly. I appreciated backstories with these past teams from season 2 but since this season is about this single match I'd rather it focus on Karasuno. And now it looks like the focus is shifting from Tsukki to Hinata, and Hinata's improving throughout the game as we speak! Tsukki will definitely be one of the MVPs this season to me though. But this new improvement definitely picked up the hype towards the second half of the episode and delivered just as much as the previous episodes. Can't wait for set 5 >:3c

Favorite moment:

ICONIC
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

290 by Lscala »»
May 14, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

127 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

202 by Koalovisk »»
Feb 18, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2016

249 by vit »»
Feb 15, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

116 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.