Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 12, 2016 11:52 PM

Jul 2012
All that buildup was making me nervous and excited too haha.

OP song and animation was okay, but those usually grow on me. I really liked the ED though :)

And it looks like Shiritorizawa doesn't have a manager D: That automatically makes them the inferior team.
Oct 13, 2016 4:55 PM

Jan 2012
Glad to see Haikyuu is back but I have to admit there is a lot of sports anime recently. I wonder, why...
Oct 14, 2016 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
So much buildup…
Aaaaaand, I have to wait for the next episode.
This is the true pain of watching seasonals!
when will my megane oikawa show up fam
Oct 16, 2016 8:13 PM

Aug 2015
It was great, was a very funny episode and promises to be the longest and most epic Match. Fucking Loved it!

Oct 17, 2016 3:33 PM

Mar 2013
I know I'm super late for this post, but I couldn't get to watch it till today cause of college T^T

omg I am so glad Karasuno is back! My top awaited anime of the 2016 fall season! First episode was awesome to start the series. I got the chills when Hinata and Kageyama did the straight down spike during warm-ups. Although I already know the ending and whatnot, I am still really excited to watch it as if I never read the manga yet. The animations are wonderful and the OSTs make it awesome!

KARASUNO!!!
Oct 18, 2016 4:41 AM

Jan 2011
I already feel so excited.
Oct 22, 2016 3:52 AM

Apr 2015
Am really keen for this shit, hope to see them gain new skills
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2016 7:57 PM

Nov 2009
That ending with every team got me so emotional, damn.
The whole episode made me feel like I was actually watching it right there. I don't know how they do this, but it's such a beautiful talent. Makes me not able to decide who I love more, the characters or the people who give life to the characters.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Nov 4, 2016 5:02 AM

Jun 2013
LOL at Tsukishima glaring at his older brother. I love Tsukishima. He's my favorite next to Hinata.

Shiratorizawa's cheering team reminded me of Atobe Keigo's cheering squad in Prince of Tennis.

Honestly, I never expected Haikyuu to be so popular. I remember when it first came out and I watched it. No one else was talking about it and now it has a pretty high rating on MAL and lots of viewers. Even my niece watches it.

Just look at that rating. It's only four episodes in and it's already highly rated.
臭い-
Nov 4, 2016 9:15 PM

Jan 2015
Nicely setting the tone for the match, the animation for Uchijima's spike is unique and very fluid. Really liking Nishinoia recently as well.
Nov 28, 2016 12:20 PM

Jan 2016
THE HYPE IS REAL LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO
Dec 2, 2016 7:42 PM

May 2015
hype building episode is hype
Dec 9, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
Well hello, Nishinoya.

Ahhhh!! I really missed this show. Haikyuu's been my fave sports anime since KnB ended and I'm just so grateful for its existence. I'm only starting this series now since it's completed as of today. Hoping for another good season (and I already know it will be even before I started). I can't stop smiling just watching through the 1st episode. xD

The OP is okay. mainly because I really liked the OP's from the other seasons better.
But I'm loving that ED, even the art they used with it is cute~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 31, 2016 8:08 PM

Mar 2015
Choosing this one to be my first anime to watch in 2017! Can't think of a better choice for sure!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 10, 2017 4:39 PM

Dec 2016
One of the best opening songs I have ever seen/heard, and get your butt ready boys, these next nine episodes are gonna be a helluva ride!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 18, 2017 6:21 AM

Aug 2016
This episode got me fired up to play some volleyball

Set by SenpieX
Apr 2, 2017 11:45 PM

May 2009
The finals are finally here. And finally has Karasuno people that cheers for them. But of course would Shiratorizawa have an even better cheering that would out cheer them.

I'm worried about the sets. How will they hang on for 5 sets? I don't remember anyone mentioning that earlier to them, or making them practice for it. I can only hope for the best.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Apr 17, 2017 5:05 PM

Dec 2015
THE HYPE!! I am so bloody excited ima marathon this right now! Tendou Satori looks interesting :O Can't wait to see more!
Apr 20, 2017 8:41 PM
Jun 2016
It's a well starting from where they left off with a win against Oikawa's team.. it starts the first set of the Match against Shirazori tawa
May 1, 2017 7:55 PM

Feb 2015
the OP's vocals are....weird? unique? idk i like it anyway.
i see the animation is top notch right off the bat!
May 4, 2017 11:03 PM

Apr 2015
I'm so hyped asdfghjkl--

Nishinoya and Tanaka at the start tho. They never fail to amuse me lol. Next episode is going to be great ;v;

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 21, 2017 1:34 AM

Jan 2013
Can Michimiya date Daichi? Please! :ccc
Wow, this crowd is impressive! Tanaka is as extra as always. ^-^
Here we go with another amazing ending.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 14, 2017 2:39 AM

Mar 2016
I accidentally rewatched this series lel (solly blad inglis/glamar)
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Aug 14, 2017 6:57 PM

May 2014
Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed,
Don't feel like picking up my phone, so leave a message at the tone

Oh, and dat new op is definitely my favorite aside from "Ah Yeah".

Great start to the 3rd season, Haikyuu never fails to surprise me with how good it does character interactions and comedy. The introductions displayed exactly the kinds of people these guys are...Tanaka's was classic.

Loved that lil' Michimiya x Daichi moment at the beginning too :P

I thought it was really sweet that everyone came to support Karasuno- even Wig dude!
ofc Shiratorizawa had to ruin it by having goddamn cheerleaders as well as about 100 stands of supporters

Also, it seems like my worries have been put to bed regarding pacing because there are now 5 sets instead of 3!

Only bad thing now is that it's just a 10 episode season :'(

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2017 7:00 AM

Jan 2013
Awesome start, I liked how everyone had their own unique high five, Tanaka almost smashing the coach's hands off :D
This is actually one of the few times I dont know whether the main characters will win or not, I'd say yes but then again we could easily get another season where they're grown and beat them after High School, idk.
Nov 22, 2017 2:04 PM

May 2013
Only 10 eps??? I'm sad ;A;
but the boys are baaaackkkkkk <333333

Nishi <3 <3 <3

LOL at Ryu's hard low ten when he got introduced xD slamming everyone down hahaha
May 3, 2018 7:18 PM
Jan 2014
jfc the red haired guy is annoying. I can already tell he's going to ruin an already not so good show.
Aug 27, 2019 3:19 PM
Jul 2014
Mishimiya and Sawamura better get together by the end of this anime jsldjfkd i ship them so hard hhh

The difference in cheering sections lol it was cute that they all gathered together to try and cheer for Karasuno uwu

Tsukki's bro coming to see him was a nice touch too lol so cute

GO KARASUNO FIGHTOOO!!!!!!
Sep 1, 2019 11:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid start, the new refreshed character designs look gorgeous and both the Op & ED have some amazing visuals, especially the Op with the effects of the eagle and crows, to boot!

Starting off Mishimiya x Sawamura was perfect, I really want this hip to sail but boy is Sawamura oblovious to that xD. Good thing Michimiya mustered up enough courage in advance. Lol @ Tanaka and Nishinoya's fantasy and that sweet moment with Tsukki's brother. Moving on, the crowd capacity difference is stark yikes. Awesome soundtrack for Karasuno's cheering group though! xD @ the vice-principal's crazy dedication now, good to see.

Damn, Ushikawa really lives up to his title. How the heck does the ball fly so much higher, my arms would definitely fall off too. Hinata and Kageyama then going on to rival against that was pretty amazing, looks like they're definitely on the same page. Amazing how realistic this all just feels with the announcer doing her part and the players coming in one by one, I'm definitely hyped to see how this'll play out now!

Good lord, Nishinoya himself failing to control that hit from Ushikawa though. To make matters worse, the stamina levels must be quite different between the teams though. Seems like nearly everything is against Karasuno at the moment.

Aoba Johsai - the most Complete team
Shiratorizawa - the most Incomplete team
Well, this bit sure caught me off-guard. Hoping Karasuno can take full advantage of that now!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 4, 2019 5:24 PM

Sep 2018
woahh! The cheering squad of Shiratorizawa is so grand lol

I remembered, volleyball match national is popular here one time and I never give attention to it.. but watching this anime, I'm so hype about it hahha Karasuno going national makes me so excited and tense!! <3
Nov 27, 2019 7:05 PM
Apr 2018
I'm so nervous. I can't stop thinking Karasuno will freaking lose... no, I know they will be stomped... God, I don't want to watch... Go Karasuno!!!

Btw, the red guy seems annoying af. Looking forward to never see him again.
Jan 7, 2020 11:51 AM

Dec 2014
Each season brings so much hype... damn so eager to start watching the season
Feb 12, 2020 4:00 PM

Jul 2013
See all those people who came to cheer for them? That's a lot of people. Enough to make a grown man cry :( but seriously at the very last they came to support. Anyway, 5 sets huh? Is 10 episodes enough for that? How about 50?
Feb 28, 2020 2:41 PM
Feb 2018
Great first episode. Loved the walkouts. This is hype. Crazy that it's going to be 5 sets. Can't wait.
Jun 13, 2020 11:32 AM

May 2018
NICO Touches the walls is back!!
Aug 29, 2020 4:02 PM

May 2014
Character intros were HYPE AF! Loved the difference between Ryu and Tsukki lol.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Nov 7, 2020 8:18 AM
Aug 2020
Grimmbae said:
SO PROUD OF THEM WHEN THEY WERE GETTING THEIR OFFICIAL INTRODUCTIONS THESE CHILDREN HAVE GROWN SO MUCH

Asahi swallowing the people on his palm what a precious cutie!

He is my absolute favorite!!
Dec 26, 2020 4:45 PM

May 2018
I literally got so hyped when the OP came on. I'm so embarrassed because I haven't fangirled like that since I was first getting into anime. I guess that is a good thing.

I was so happy the whole of the episode. Just grinning from start to finish. Watching this show for me is pure serotonin, I didn't realise that until now.
Feb 19, 2021 10:56 AM

Mar 2019
Let me begin by saying this
HIKARI AREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
This opening is 10/10 and now I've arrived to its arc. The finals and it sure does feel like one. The immersion is something else. Can't wait to see all the amazing moments!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 12, 2021 5:22 PM

Mar 2020
Yes, yes, yes, here we go! The stage is set, the players are psyched to go (if they would stop doubling over trying to stop themselves from puking), and there are so many people there to cheer them on! This is nothing like the other matches, this is all or nothing. And that official announcement/introduction was the icing on the cake. This doesn't even feel like a high school match, more like it's already Nationals or Internationals.
May 1, 2021 4:57 AM

Aug 2017
Pretty good start. A nice introduction to the match and the main antagonists.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 18, 2021 2:03 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I haven't watched many sports anime but when I do I usually expect the typical chill episode, you know? Maybe it's filler, but it's put in there for some more light hearted fun, maybe the team goes on vacation some place or heck make it even a beach episode. But haikyuu doesn't have time for that, it's solely focused on volleyball, it's all centred around getting to this spring national tournament. Maybe that's how most sports anime are, but when just looking at haikyuu, it has laser focus on what it needs to be and it excels on doing what it needs to do because of it.

Now we get the final game to qualify for the nationals, against this strong, hyped up team. And it looks like we get 10 episodes dedicated to it. It is probably going to go to five sets after all. But I have no worries that it might drag. This anime has proven that it is a master of excellent pacing, and this "3rd season" will definitely be over in a flash.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 8, 2021 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Oh man I'm so hyped. This was a great first episode, dedicated purely to building excitement and it worked. It really seems like shiratorizawa is just a better team than karasuno but we'll see how this plays out.
Also: ED is average, but man that OP. not only is the song great but those visuals are just amazing.
Dec 30, 2021 7:24 PM

Dec 2016
I was wondering how they would milk a single match up to 10 episodes, I didn't know best of 5 was a thing! Damn, I'm tired just imagining it and these are fictional characters playing the sport not me! I wonder if they'll go into more than one deuce.

I'm so glad they have fans now even if they are overshadowed by the other school. Who knew Vice Principal would be so passionate lol. Tho that ONA did give a hint that he's into these things.

Can't wait to see Ushijima play, he better be prepared for our firely wonder.
Apr 16, 2022 8:10 AM

Dec 2020
Both the OP and the ED are great.

So the final day of the qualifiers...

Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa. It's going to be amazing and I know it. This was a good set up episode.
And I didn't realise it before, but Ushiwaka is left handed.

Anyway, here we go! This was a solid start.
Oct 26, 2022 8:29 AM
Oct 2022
good and inspiring anime
Nov 4, 2022 11:10 AM

Aug 2021
good first episode. i think this match is gonna be something amazing but that's to be expected considering they have an entire season dedicated to it
Nov 28, 2022 6:39 PM
Aug 2020
Hello there left!
May 13, 2023 2:42 AM
Aug 2022
Other team guys are annoying af. Including the "Japan" dude. He looks like an ossan.
Hope we don't see you again in the sequel seasons and we can see more of precious Bokuto and Kuro my man.
Aug 20, 2023 10:01 PM
Mar 2021
beans in my balls and eating it
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

290 by Lscala »»
May 14, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

127 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2016

249 by vit »»
Feb 15, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

116 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

135 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.