Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 11, 2016 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode had some reflection about the match from a few flashbacks. Interesting to note that Karasuno's determination soared and they promised to take their chance to win.

I loved Tsukki's crafty plays this episode as well..especially when he baited Shiratorizawa. Good momentum this episode as usual. Not really surprised that Shiratorizawa began to mount their own counterattacks. Gotta love the support coming for Karasuno though!
Nov 11, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
About when 3rd years first entered high school, when the coach is absent and no practice games. They try to improve themselves by practicing alone. When they lost early, most members being 3rd year left.

Back to current game. lol @ megane guy being told "not to lose main guy". Megane guy's offense also shocked enemy team. It seems like setter guy is exhausted because of both of them.

The captain of enemy team started to aim at the huge space. Miyu-Miyu's character's only action is serve.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 11, 2016 12:04 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy fuck, i'm getting a nervous breakdown here. That IMAGERY when Shiratorizawa had match point and that NISHINOYA SAVE, WHAT THE FUCK MAN! My heart can't take it.

TSUKKI, you fucking madman, still evolving more and more, GOAT!

Kudos to Production I.G. for the third years scene. It happened way earlier in the manga and they put it right before the 4th set end. Great stuff there.
Nov 11, 2016 12:09 PM
Mar 2015
This episode was sick, the moment of save by Nishinoya, the flashbacks were awesome and the moment when the ground behind court disappeared, holy shit...

WE HAVE 3/4 EPISDOES FOR LAST SET, HOLY SHIT THE ENDING WILL BE FUCKING AWESOME

ADSIODASHUIDHUIASHUIDASHUIOD
Nov 11, 2016 12:12 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
NeBuchan said:
This episode was sick, the moment of save by Nishinoya, the flashbacks were awesome and the moment when the ground behind court disappeared, holy shit...

WE HAVE 3/4 EPISDOES FOR LAST SET, HOLY SHIT THE ENDING WILL BE FUCKING AWESOME

ADSIODASHUIDHUIASHUIDASHUIOD

You ain't ready, son.
Nov 11, 2016 12:19 PM

Oct 2015
Is it just me, or did they really fly through these last two sets? I can't even remember anything from the third set? I actually somehow though they were still on the third set at the start of this episode.
Was it like this in the manga, or are they seriously cutting a lot of material for some reason. There's only the fifth set to go now and four more episodes.....I'm not sure where this season is going to end now, lol.
Nov 11, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2015
And the last set begins.

My body is ready, bring it.
Nov 11, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
jaw1811 said:
Is it just me, or did they really fly through these last two sets? I can't even remember anything from the third set? I actually somehow though they were still on the third set at the start of this episode.
Was it like this in the manga, or are they seriously cutting a lot of material for some reason. There's only the fifth set to go now and four more episodes.....I'm not sure where this season is going to end now, lol.

i haven't seen ep6 yet
but for ep5 , they omit some part of the manga and they changed a bit of it ( if you are interested check chapter 164-170 from the manga.)
i have to indicate that third set in the manga was also too short .
Nov 11, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
Something felt off when I was watching. So I went back, and then checked the manga to confirm.

THEY SKIPPED TWO ENTIRE POINTS! WITH NO LOGIC BEHIND IT OR ANYTHING! Was I the only one with this problem?

Notice how on Sugawara's serve, when Satori's block on Hinata went out and made the score 27-26. Then immediately after they skip to Kageyama's serve? How would he be the one to serve if Karasuno had just won the point? It still should have been Sugawara's serve.

The manga does not skip these points. Shiratorizawa tied the game at 27-27, then Karasuno broke their serve to make 28-27, THEN it was Kageyama's serve and Hinata's left handed hit that closed the set.

In the anime the score all of a sudden became 28-27 and had Kageyama serving without any explanation.

Wow the animators really messed this one up. I'm kind of disappointed. I understand time constraints and skipping certain dialogue (which they have done), but the actual points that the mangaka drew out? In the crucial part of the match? Wow.

If anyone wants to see the parts that were skipped I suggest reading Chapter 174 of the manga.
Lefty112Nov 11, 2016 12:36 PM
Nov 11, 2016 12:33 PM

Jan 2016
We've seen the motivation for the 3rd year guys in the flashback, they went through too much to get to this point... From now on, it's all or nothing :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 11, 2016 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
Another excellent episode, my only minor complaint is that I'd have loved seeing the flashback with the third years before this episode. It came out of nowhere, and, while still impactful, could've been handled better.

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING WITH BEST BOY SUGA THIS SEASON
I JUST CAN'T
Nov 11, 2016 12:37 PM

Dec 2013
The little flashback at the beginning was really nice.

Poor Kageyama is starting to run low on juice and we still have another set to play!

I know how this dude feels
Nov 11, 2016 12:41 PM

May 2010
Daichi and Kiyoko as freshmen!! Asahi looks fairly younger as well--Suga looks pretty much the same, except more baby-faced (which makes sense considering he's mister refreshing)

Tsukki is getting more and more cool tho--

Daichi and Nishinoya spotlight!

Kageyama really supports his teams a lot!
Hinata's dash tho! And he managed to land it in somehow. This is one of my favorite episodes so far.
Nov 11, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
It's probably the 596854698th fucking time I say this but I'm so proud of Tsukki and I love him so fucking much I can't believe my heart. God bless this child

Look at this dork,it's like he wanted to hug Kags lmao
Nov 11, 2016 12:51 PM
Nov 2015
I have a bad feeling about Kageyama...gahh I can't take anymore of this
Nov 11, 2016 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode.Karasuno won the 4th set and now it's time for the tie break.I also liked the flashback a lot.
Nov 11, 2016 12:54 PM

Sep 2016
So pumped for the next few episodes for the final set! I hope that Kageyama will be okay!
Nov 11, 2016 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode, Was cheering for the Karasuno boys all the way.

I loved the flashback scene in the beginning, It made the whole game more emotional with how the Third Years have come so far, From the time nothing was expected of them to the current time. The scene with the older senior telling them to grab the opportunity if they get one and the transition to the match with Daisuke saying that they will was a really heartfelt moment. Great stuff man.

Kageyama's gotten tired. :( That ain't stopping him though. That face when he said the only despair he'd feel is if he couldn't play volleyball. Such determination man. xD

Loved that imagery against the Ushiwaka serve and Nishinoya's diving save, Epic.
Great to see Tsukki making the plays as always, Loved it when he used the technique learnt during the training.

Hinata!!! That match point cover was awesome man. :D
Nice Cover XD
Nov 11, 2016 12:59 PM

Aug 2016
Asahi had more hairstyles during the three season than everyone else on the anime, have you all noticed that? haha
I loved the beginning of this episode. The throwback was good to see why Daichi, Suga and Asahi went to Karasuno and how they never gave up after loosing a lot of times. Even though they have a better team now, the three of them are amazing players and I'm sure that without them Karasuno wouldn't be able to be where they are now.

I feel like the last two sets were a bit short, even though the point was to make us know they are tied now and the fifth set is where we will see who is the winner. Since I read the manga I've very excited to see how they will animate all of it on the next episodes!

Tsukki, Hinata and Nishinoya were amazing saving the points to the other teams and I just loved when Daichi screamed for Nishinoya to get the ball, I swear I got goosebumps, I feel like the whole team but mostly the third years want this more than ever. AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT OLD MAN SCREAMING? Yamaguchi looked so confused, poor baby, but could you all see how the third years reacted?!

Of course we had to have typical Tsukki reactions. I love how Tsukki always seems like he doesn't care, like Yamaguchi just told him to not loose against Hinata and he is like 'I don't care' but then all of the sudden shows up a new technique, love it!

And of course Kageyama reactions. Of course we all know how "weird" Kageyama can be but honestly he is just so precious, all he wants is to play and win. And Hinata omg.. He is such a cute little crow, he is just so happy that he can continue playing. Too adorable!

To finish this long comment hahahahaha sorry Shiratorizawa played so well and even though they are tired, Ushijima still gave his best and they found a open spot to score some points. Also the face of Shiratorizawa students and supporters was amazing when they realizing they lost and will have to play one more set haha
Nov 11, 2016 12:59 PM
Nov 2007
Lefty112 said:
Something felt off when I was watching. So I went back, and then checked the manga to confirm.

THEY SKIPPED TWO ENTIRE POINTS! WITH NO LOGIC BEHIND IT OR ANYTHING! Was I the only one with this problem?

Notice how on Sugawara's serve, when Satori's block on Hinata went out and made the score 27-26. Then immediately after they skip to Kageyama's serve? How would he be the one to serve if Karasuno had just won the point? It still should have been Sugawara's serve.

The manga does not skip these points. Shiratorizawa tied the game at 27-27, then Karasuno broke their serve to make 28-27, THEN it was Kageyama's serve and Hinata's left handed hit that closed the set.

In the anime the score all of a sudden became 28-27 and had Kageyama serving without any explanation.

Wow the animators really messed this one up. I'm kind of disappointed. I understand time constraints and skipping certain dialogue (which they have done), but the actual points that the mangaka drew out? In the crucial part of the match? Wow.

If anyone wants to see the parts that were skipped I suggest reading Chapter 174 of the manga.

I noticed it and thought that I must have missed something lol. I overall loved this season so far.
Nov 11, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
Another astonishing episode. The moment when Nishinoya saved the day was beyond epic, with the music & animation it felt like the end of the wold then he saved the day. Fantastic.
Tsukki's new move is SICK!! I need to see it again.
& that flashback at the beginning was so lovely, the old Karasuno was very different but they'd be so proud today, hopefully they meet with our new team.

Great episode, good luck to Karasuno & although he pisses me off Tendou is amazing, 6/5.
Nov 11, 2016 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
The OST during the match point for Shiratorizawa and the set point for Karasuno were magnificent.
Nov 11, 2016 1:31 PM

Dec 2014
God that was so damn good! The tension was real with this episode. I'm going to be scared and excited for these next four weeks.
Nov 11, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2011
Good thing I don't read the manga, didn't really notice the weird point missed until I read it here. They probably didn't feel like it was essentially important so they cut it out in favor of Hinata's finish - and viewers like me wouldn't even notice lmao.

Suga though. Does he get next episode? :O
Nov 11, 2016 1:45 PM
Sep 2016
I love this Anime so much (*-*) I love it!
I love Tsukki (*-*) he was so amazing , and Hinata!!!!! Nishinoya so cute (*-*)
Nov 11, 2016 1:51 PM

Apr 2014
G_Spark233 said:

Poor Kageyama is starting to run low on juice and we still have another set to play!

I'm gonna be bald by the time this match is over

Nov 11, 2016 2:12 PM

Nov 2012
bdsbff said:
God that was so damn good! The tension was real with this episode. I'm going to be scared and excited for these next four weeks.
No tension was felt here at all. Also what are they trying to do with Satori Tendou? Seriously how such a stupid attempt of making a new kind of character is this. Completely out of place.
Nov 11, 2016 2:17 PM

Jun 2014
I think I've said this a couple times during the second season, but I don't think I'm physically, mentally, or emotionally prepared for this final set. All the stress and tension of what we've seen until now has made me feel like I'll have a heart attack at any given moment, so if the final set is as intense as I assume it'll be, I'll probably age 30 years by the end of the season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 11, 2016 2:28 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
2-2 and this no ends boys!!!!
Nov 11, 2016 2:40 PM

Mar 2015
Karasuno FIGHT!

During that match point for Shiratorizawa I couldn't breathe!! Nice to see Tsukki's new move he's awesome as always. Kageyama's gettin me worried... & hinata nice cover!
Last set to go. I'll lose half my lifespan with these last 4 episodes. My heart can't take it..
Nov 11, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
Really enjoyed this episode, it brought back the excitement and intensity of the match.

I liked the short flashback to when the third years first joined the club, I'd been curious since they mentioned they first joined right at the time Karasuno's downfall started and it's cool to see their perspective from that.

Tsukki is keeping up his amazing plays, the entire team has gotten so much stronger just by him taking the games more seriously. Hinata of course never runs out of energy haha.

The growth from all these characters I've seen in the past 2 seasons are taking shape in this game and I love it.
Nov 11, 2016 2:56 PM

Sep 2015
G_Spark233 said:

hard out chest was beating nearly had tears in the eyes by far best episode of the anime so far.
Had to laugh at the end with Hinata dashing around Kageyama to say we get to play 1 more set :)
Nov 11, 2016 2:57 PM

Apr 2011
IM NOT OKAY THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD AND IM SO PROUD OF KARASUNO FOR LITERALLY GETTIG THIS FAR AND GIVING SHIRATORIZAWA A HARD TIME AND SURPASSING SEIJOH LIKE MY SONS
Nov 11, 2016 3:13 PM

Sep 2015
Yay next set is the last!
Nov 11, 2016 3:23 PM

Nov 2016
I knew they were going to win this set because people reading the manga spoiled it for me, but even so it was a very intense episode. I loved Tsukishima's play and Hinata's set point. I also love the interactions between Hinata and Kageyama. They are always so funny!
Nov 11, 2016 3:25 PM

Aug 2015
I love haikyuu, each episode is magic lol

Nov 11, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2012
Should have been 20+ episodes.

They could make better use of Ushijima.
Nov 11, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2013
Hinata was awesome to reach that short pass.
Kageyama is too tired, dunno how will he manage in the last quarter.
Nov 11, 2016 4:19 PM

Sep 2014
I like the flashback about Third Years; Suga, Asashi, Daichi. I find it great.
Kageyama won the 4th set. I like the last part that Hinata hit with his left hand.
Hinata circling around Kageyama was cute and I lol'ed at the Kageyama's "Nice Cover" xD

The last set is coming. :D
Nov 11, 2016 4:35 PM

Aug 2014
dis sum gud shiet
i liek dis
Nov 11, 2016 4:39 PM

Jan 2013
They've made it into the final set, I could see how this would take 4 more episodes though.
Hopefully they don't lose due to stamina.
Nov 11, 2016 6:01 PM
Dec 2015
Awesome Episode as always. Looking forward to the last set.

Btw, does anyone know what the soundtrack that was playing is called when Kageyama was serving? I think it was around 20:35-20:40ish. That was badass.
Nov 11, 2016 6:09 PM

Jul 2015
It has always been wonderful. It has never needed anything else to prove. But for God's love how good can this still get?!?!?!?!

Haikyuu is just some exceptional shit. While you can sometimes guess to which team the set is going, each point is so unpredictable and intense!
UTTERLY WONDERFUL! 10/5
Nov 11, 2016 6:44 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. The HYPE for this match continues.
These Deuce battles are so intense. Gets me so nervous & excited.

Nice flashback of the third years as first years. They didn't get their chance back then, but this is their chance now.
Tsukishima with that great spike.

LOL Miracle Boy Wakatoshi.
Great reaction by Hinata sealing that 4th Set win for Karasuno.

ONE MORE SET!!! LETS GO KARASUNO!!!!!!!!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 11, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2016
Y'all these faces tho

Most intense episode yet
Nov 11, 2016 7:21 PM

Sep 2011
johnyjohny said:
bdsbff said:
No tension was felt here at all. Also what are they trying to do with Satori Tendou? Seriously how such a stupid attempt of making a new kind of character is this. Completely out of place.

Totally out of place for the season, yes, but if you were to power through every episode of every season released so far it wouldn't be that out of place (though it isn't exactly a good place for it either). The flashback happened way earlier in the manga and I think they needed to pad this episode's length. As far as Im concerned I have completely ignored that flashback as something of non-significance, so when I think back on what happened this episode it all comes down to an awesome save and a rather spectacular (yet completely unrealistic) final play for the set.
Nov 11, 2016 7:22 PM

Apr 2015
I though they would draw it out to the full 5 sets. Though at some point I must have blinked and completely missed the 3rd set; I don't recall seeing it at all.

I wonder if the audience man has some connection to Karasuno in the past.
Nov 11, 2016 7:36 PM

Dec 2009
Probably my 2nd favorite episode of the season. So much tension at that match point, but Hinata managed to turn it around at the end!
Nov 11, 2016 7:54 PM

Aug 2015
Hinata expecting praise from Kageyama at the end there was pretty funny.
Nov 11, 2016 8:38 PM
May 2014
Cant deny my eyes watered up at the end inspite of having read the manga earlier.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

293 by LycorineOwen »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

213 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

117 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

136 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 30, 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.