Back to dotta's Profile dotta's Profile

Mar 30, 2019
To describe Kaguya-sama: Love is War as a battlefield of love, between two prideful geniuses, who see confessing as a sign of “weakness” is well—sort of misleading.

Not because these type of scenarios don’t happen throughout the show, but more so because I’m not entirely sure that it is accurate to describe the characters as “prideful” or even “geniuses”; and that might be the biggest issue the show has.

Kaguya-sama begins in a very direct way; the whole idea of the show, everything about Miyuki and Kaguya, and their relationship is thrown at us through a narrator. There is no build up of their relationship, we are read more
Mar 28, 2019
Apart from the quintuplet gimmick and the pretty colors, I can’t really tell you what Gotoubun no Hanayome adds to the harem genre.

Inside of it is full of all of the things that make up a relatively generic harem show, but only this time with a group of five sisters. Standard anime archetypes, boring/bland main character who all the girls magically fall in love with, overrun harem tropes, you name it. People have called it a more “wholesome” harem show with less fanservice and a less insufferable main character, but I fail to see how it is even better than other harem shows with similar read more
Dec 26, 2018
“Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai” does one thing very well. That is, taking the commonly done and quite stale school drama and turns it into something much more interesting with its usage of ‘Puberty Syndrome’, a supernatural disease that visualizes the characters social issues in a more creative and engaging way.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a lot to praise after that.

On the surface— this show, based of the title and artwork, is not what it seems. But with that being said, it doesn’t make the show better than what it is.

The biggest problem is the characters. Immediately we are presented with the read more
Sep 29, 2018
Unfortunately for game anime adaptations, they have a steep hill to climb to recapture the magic you get from playing through them.

Persona 5, another addition to the long time SMT/Persona series was a huge success in both the west and in Japan. It won 2017 Game Awards “RPG of the Year” And was ranked at was of the top games of the year by many gaming outlets. Even with that, the anime was considered a disappointment from the start. With its cheap animation, off-pacing at times, and generally its lack of what made the game special.

However, my expectations played a part in the viewing experience. read more