Scatter-minded college student from Florida, living in Massachusetts. I grew up on after school toonami and Ghibli movies on Disney Channel. Been watching anime and reading manga, dabbling in collecting, for about four years. Semi-fluent in Japanese after four years of high school. Other hobbies include writing, cooking, movies, books, biographies, NPR, video games. I am also a cellist, radio DJ, and a humor journalist. Follow my blog (listed above) for more of my thoughts and writing on anime and manga and stuff in general.
- With exceptions, I generally read shoujo and josei, but watch shounen and seinen.
- Prefer sci-fi to fantasy
- If it has parent/child/sibling angst, it WILL pull at my heartstrings
- Hand-painted backgrounds ftw
- I love anything slick, stylish, and jazzy. Or with a lot of technobabble.
- I really dig the look of the 70s and 80s
- I have a list of Anime-I-Can't-Recommend-Without-Looking-Like-A-Lunatic-Because-Of-Its-Wonky-Title. It includes: Please Save My Earth, Wolf's Rain, Princess Tutu, Escaflowne, etc. Because honestly who is gonna take you seriously when you're singing praises about a show called PRINCESS TUTU.
- I affectionately call Escaflowne "Esca-flow-flow"
- I think Yoko Kanno is unfairly monopolizing my iPod
1st anime completed: Kiki's Delivery Service
25th: Rebuild of Evangelion 1.01: You Are (Not) Alone
100th: Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
... and counting!