Anime & Manga News

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Manga to End in 3 Chapters

by Brand
Jun 26, 2013 11:14 AM | 96 Comments
Hiro Fujiwara's manga Kaichou wa Maid-sama! will end in three more chapters in the November issue of LaLa Magazine.

Source: Manganewsjapon

Story by QueenCythia

20 of 96 Comments Recent Comments

Levinate said:
Hey guys, I'm new to My Anime List and this is my first reply. Right now there are 85 chapters of the Maid Sama manga released and I was wondering if there will be more? Really love this anime/manga, and I guess we have no hope at all for an Anime Season 2?


Series sold 1,730 average per vol which is a pretty pathetic number so don't bother holding your breath for a sequel. Shoujo manga adaptations are slowly dying, seems everyone in Japan are flocking to adapt Otome games.

Oct 30, 2013 5:24 AM by scytheavatar

Hey guys, I'm new to My Anime List and this is my first reply. Right now there are 85 chapters of the Maid Sama manga released and I was wondering if there will be more? Really love this anime/manga, and I guess we have no hope at all for an Anime Season 2?

Oct 30, 2013 2:39 AM by Levinate

Who the hell keeps messing with the total chapters? Cut it out, betch.

The FINAL chapter is 85, so please quit messing with the information.

You figure the mods would stop approving the random changes...

Oct 4, 2013 5:54 PM by RMI

mrbakchoi888 said:
do you think its kind of unfair how everything is based on sales of BD/DVD in Japan?because i live in the US and i want other series to have more seasons but theres no way i can do that because in the US(at least where i live)only the most popular anime/manga are licensed and it wouldnt even matter whether or not it does good in america because it is already popular in japan.
If you want to ask the question of fairness, perhaps you should think about the revenues generated by anime in Japan compared to US. In US the license fee generated is a pittance because to Japan they consider it as a marketing thing, and there is not much other revenue to speak of in terms of merchandising. So they aim to recoup the cost only with the business generated in Japan. And if the consumers in Japan are doing all the things that support the anime production, be it buying the BD/DVD, the original manga/LN/game or the figures and merchandise, don't you think it is only fair that popularity in Japan determines what anime gets another season??

Sep 25, 2013 10:36 PM by symbv

symbv said:
Citrix said:
Err...I'm basing it based on comments? I never watched those but I visit the sites of the groups that subbed it and see a negative comments on it often, as well as negative comments the announcement forums, and not just a few but a majority of the comments. So don't assume I'm using my own personal opinion. If I used my opinion, they would just be shit since they didn't appeal to my taste of....iuno...seizing inducing colors and comedy?
Well, if you want to talk about which anime gets another season, comments in western forums or any overseas forum would not count, don't you agree? What counts is what consumers in Japan think about the anime. And if enough of them think the anime is treasure, so much so that they buy the BD/DVD or the original manga or the merchandise, then surely it will get another season. Simple as that. Beside, from what I read in this forum, I do think there are quite a number of people who think Tamayura is a treasure, at the very least.


do you think its kind of unfair how everything is based on sales of BD/DVD in Japan?because i live in the US and i want other series to have more seasons but theres no way i can do that because in the US(at least where i live)only the most popular anime/manga are licensed and it wouldnt even matter whether or not it does good in america because it is already popular in japan.

Sep 25, 2013 10:24 PM by mrbakchoi888

Citrix said:
Err...I'm basing it based on comments? I never watched those but I visit the sites of the groups that subbed it and see a negative comments on it often, as well as negative comments the announcement forums, and not just a few but a majority of the comments. So don't assume I'm using my own personal opinion. If I used my opinion, they would just be shit since they didn't appeal to my taste of....iuno...seizing inducing colors and comedy?
Well, if you want to talk about which anime gets another season, comments in western forums or any overseas forum would not count, don't you agree? What counts is what consumers in Japan think about the anime. And if enough of them think the anime is treasure, so much so that they buy the BD/DVD or the original manga or the merchandise, then surely it will get another season. Simple as that. Beside, from what I read in this forum, I do think there are quite a number of people who think Tamayura is a treasure, at the very least.

Sep 25, 2013 10:11 PM by symbv

symbv said:
Citrix said:
corrected to second seasons but I don't remember animes like Symphogear, Tamayura, Hyakka Ryouran, or Date @ Live really becoming...treasures..
You don't remember because you are not one of those who consider those anime as treasure. It has nothing to do with what YOU remember or think, but what most others think. Stop being self-centered and you should be able to see a broader picture LOL


Err...I'm basing it based on comments? I never watched those but I visit the sites of the groups that subbed it and see a negative comments on it often, as well as negative comments the announcement forums, and not just a few but a majority of the comments. So don't assume I'm using my own personal opinion. If I used my opinion, they would just be shit since they didn't appeal to my taste of....iuno...seizing inducing colors and comedy?

And the anime I picked were also..low low low on the popularity rankings.

Sep 25, 2013 10:06 PM by Citrix

Citrix said:
corrected to second seasons but I don't remember animes like Symphogear, Tamayura, Hyakka Ryouran, or Date @ Live really becoming...treasures..
You don't remember because you are not one of those who consider those anime as treasure. It has nothing to do with what YOU remember or think, but what most others think. Stop being self-centered and you should be able to see a broader picture LOL

Sep 25, 2013 9:44 PM by symbv

symbv said:
Citrix said:
Tho, now I'm starting to doubt that cause nowadays, anime that are total shit are making season seasons.
Perhaps that is because a lot more people consider it total treasure instead of total shit LOL

corrected to second seasons but I don't remember animes like Symphogear, Tamayura, Hyakka Ryouran, or Date @ Live really becoming...treasures..

Sep 25, 2013 9:26 PM by Citrix

Citrix said:
Tho, now I'm starting to doubt that cause nowadays, anime that are total shit are making season seasons.
Perhaps that is because a lot more people consider it total treasure instead of total shit LOL

Sep 25, 2013 9:09 PM by symbv

Series wasn't too popular so it never made it into a 2nd season. Tho, now I'm starting to doubt that cause nowadays, anime that are total shit are making second* seasons. Read the last chapter, the manga will be missed~ Was expecting more tho, mainly them going back to Britain and settle things with Usui's side family.

Sep 25, 2013 9:08 PM by Citrix

SanjiCC said:
I can't understand why its anime adaptation covers only 32-36 chapters, maybe now that it ended we will see a new season?They could easily release another season with 26+ episodes,I am pretty sure it would be popular as hell if that ever happened,but many animes just stop airing at the middle just to never continue again, I really liked the anime ending but still looking forward to another season.


i dont think its the fact that they lacked material to animate(maybe at that time there wasnt enough)but i read on other sites that a second season is highly unlikely due to poor sales in Japan which saddens me because i really want a second season.like most things i read/watch i dont like it ending on cliffhangers or unfinished unless another season has already been confirmed.

Sep 25, 2013 3:41 PM by mrbakchoi888

I can't understand why its anime adaptation covers only 32-36 chapters, maybe now that it ended we will see a new season?They could easily release another season with 26+ episodes,I am pretty sure it would be popular as hell if that ever happened,but many animes just stop airing at the middle just to never continue again, I really liked the anime ending but still looking forward to another season.

Sep 25, 2013 12:58 AM by JudeMaxwell

If you think MAL database has incorrect data for a manga, you could post it in this DB modification request forum here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?subboard=5
Explain the mistake and a DB mods would gladly help correct the error if it proves to be a real error. If it is not, the DB mods could explain why - for example they can confirm if the .5 chapters are counted for this manga.

Sep 23, 2013 11:53 PM by symbv

mrbakchoi888 said:
BlackAngel5 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:
what is this about the manga ending in chapter 100 instead of 87?can someone clarify if its actually ending in chapter 100 and not 87 or was it just a mistake or they counted the short chapters(the ones with .5 after them).i really hope it ends in chapter 100 as i love this manga and dont want it to end yet.


I'm pretty sure it is MAL's mistake, since it's pretty official that there's only 87 chapters, I mean it even said so in the actual manga. idk why MAL did that, they used to have 87 too I just realized the change recently.


me too i was just updating my manga list and i saw the change i think its including the .5 chapters or its a mistake because so of the other manga series that are completed had more chapters on MAL than actually updated but i counted the .5 chapters and it added up to the number stated on MAL.thanks for the clarification though and sad that this series is ending i hope they announce a second season of the anime.

Oh okay thanks XD Nice that you counted it, I don't really realize the .5 chapters that much. It is sad that it's ending, it was pretty good and I know people who are completely obsessed about it, although it was just okay to me, I think my hype went down because the manga was going off on a weird tangent, I hope they get a second season too although it's pretty unlikely, but u never know~ (Also, a second season to skip beat! XD)

Sep 23, 2013 8:57 PM by BlackAngel5

BlackAngel5 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:
what is this about the manga ending in chapter 100 instead of 87?can someone clarify if its actually ending in chapter 100 and not 87 or was it just a mistake or they counted the short chapters(the ones with .5 after them).i really hope it ends in chapter 100 as i love this manga and dont want it to end yet.


I'm pretty sure it is MAL's mistake, since it's pretty official that there's only 87 chapters, I mean it even said so in the actual manga. idk why MAL did that, they used to have 87 too I just realized the change recently.


me too i was just updating my manga list and i saw the change i think its including the .5 chapters or its a mistake because so of the other manga series that are completed had more chapters on MAL than actually updated but i counted the .5 chapters and it added up to the number stated on MAL.thanks for the clarification though and sad that this series is ending i hope they announce a second season of the anime.

Sep 23, 2013 8:47 PM by mrbakchoi888

mrbakchoi888 said:
what is this about the manga ending in chapter 100 instead of 87?can someone clarify if its actually ending in chapter 100 and not 87 or was it just a mistake or they counted the short chapters(the ones with .5 after them).i really hope it ends in chapter 100 as i love this manga and dont want it to end yet.


I'm pretty sure it is MAL's mistake, since it's pretty official that there's only 87 chapters, I mean it even said so in the actual manga. idk why MAL did that, they used to have 87 too I just realized the change recently.

Sep 23, 2013 8:16 PM by BlackAngel5

what is this about the manga ending in chapter 100 instead of 87?can someone clarify if its actually ending in chapter 100 and not 87 or was it just a mistake or they counted the short chapters(the ones with .5 after them).i really hope it ends in chapter 100 as i love this manga and dont want it to end yet.

RediceRyan said:
Was there ever any serious romantic progression, maybe even a kiss scene?


there are many kissing scenes in the manga.

Sep 23, 2013 7:55 PM by mrbakchoi888

RediceRyan said:
Was there ever any serious romantic progression, maybe even a kiss scene?


There are several kisses throughout the series

Sep 19, 2013 2:30 PM by Xenografter

RediceRyan said:
Was there ever any serious romantic progression, maybe even a kiss scene?
There has been many very intimate moments including kisses...

Sep 16, 2013 7:37 PM by LuciferIAm

Related Database Entries