Edit Manga Information

Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku

Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku

English: HIME-GOTO: uniforms at the age of nineteen
Japanese: ヒメゴト ~十九歳の制服~

Type: Manga
Volumes: 8
Chapters: 100
Status: Finished
Published: Jul 30, 2010 to Nov 7, 2014
Authors: Minenami, Ryou (Story & Art)
Serialization: Mobile Man

Score: 7.631 (scored by 3467 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Jul 3, 2017
somaisbatman (All reviews)
I've wanted to write this review for ages, and now that it’s fully translated, I can say with total conviction that Himegoto is one of the most unique and compelling stories out there. This isn’t going to be a standard criterion-based review, it’s going to be more of an analytical write-up. Mild spoilers for character development and plot points.

Right off the bat, Himegoto’s setting establishes that this isn’t going to be a run-of-the-mill manga. We’re following the lives of college students for once. How often does that happen? College is a pivotal time of life. While students are still in school, they’re given a great read more
Aug 30, 2016
lady_freyja (All reviews)
Himegoto is a dark/psychological seinen manga, with heavy gender bender and some yuri elements.
After reading the synopsis, I had good expectations for that manga, the thematics are right up in my alley. But with a rating of 3, my expectations were utterly crushed. I dropped the manga after the volume 6 (on 8 total volumes).

I'll go right into the main issue of that manga: the characters.
To put it bluntly, the 3 MCs are manipulative jerks, egotistical, superficial, they think mostly about sex, are over-possessive and lie at everyone.
The only "positive" adjective I can find for them is for Yuki: she's naive, so she may appears read more
Aug 7, 2014
CrayonPop420 (All reviews)
Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku is a relatively unknown manga that talks about issues such as gender identity,psychological issues, and sexual fetishes. If I had to compare this manga to something already out there, then I'd say it's quite similar to the British tv show Skins, only difference being is that there are no drugs or alcohol in Himegoto.

Himegoto follows mainly three characters in college who for some reason or another are not happy in their lives. Whether it be because one likes to dress in girl clothes while having sex even though hes straight or one of the girls wanting to be a "little girl" read more
Jan 14, 2018
xtulthu (All reviews)
Enjoyment & Overall - 7/10

Overall, this manga tackles on different themes and issues that not many other managka trying to implement as an elements. It somehow shows a fresh concept - makes me value the storyline more, and relate to the character more emotionally.

Generally, this manga is obviously not for everyone, unless you love heavy, complicated and emotional content.

Story - 8/10
This manga involve psychological and dark
elements, infused with heavy emotional content on each character backstory. Not to mention the add-on of gender bender, yuri and a bit of ecchi elements filled the overall story plot of the manga.

It started off with each character read more