Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 5, 2008 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What, no discussion on the last ep?!
Such an awesome series. Takemoto is so cool now!
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:42 AM
Nov 28, 2008 9:43 PM

May 2008
Such a great episode. I really feel like I understand Takemoto a lot better now, and he's definitely grown. I can't wait to watch the sequel!
Jan 12, 2009 7:39 PM

Nov 2007
Wow that was an incredible last episode, the way they ended it was so perfect =D
Apr 1, 2009 11:26 PM

Sep 2008
I had no idea how much I would actually like this series, but I'd say that's it's off to a great start with this ending.

Although I still hate Takemoto, and hated him ever since episode 1, I knew it would end something like this and I have a really good feeling about how these love triangles will end, if they do.

If I were to choose my ideal pairings, it would definitely be Mayama x Rika and Morita x Hagu. Oh well... off to the second part.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2009 7:55 PM
May 2008
Is it just me, or Takemoto got a little bit more handsome at the end?

Hahaha. I swear, it's not just the tan... his face seemed a little different, his eyes weren't those big child-like eyes he had beginning the series! xD

I didn't really like Takemoto much, but the way he has changed through the series is... just great. Not many anime characters do that. Must appreciate him now.

Loved how he opposed to Morita's haircut!
This proves he's a REAL MAN now, haha.

Aaaanyways. Next season, here I cooome!
May 12, 2009 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
awww. last ep.. anyway.

WAAAA!!! THE SUDDEN CONFESSION!!!!!

and takemoto's back from his journey... he actually traveled to the tip of japan?!?!?!.. that must be some achievement.. he should've taken a picture of the view. hahaha.. well.. he's all tanned and stuff! well i like him better tanned, he looks cuter and hotter if he's tanned. haha.. and woah.. its like takemoto's matured! or maybe its just the hair? hahaha.. well.. at least inside he did mature, the courage to confess like that.. and not being "bullied" if you call it, by morita.. haha
May 12, 2009 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my God, what an awesome last episode.

Takemoto really showed us that he grew. He's more manly and handsome too.
Loved the sudden confession too.

This episode made me feel so warm inside hahaha, gave me the impression that I can achive anything that I wish for ^^

Loved this anime :D

May 29, 2009 8:10 AM

Jan 2008
The reason Takemoto started asking his question since episode 1 ("How far can I go without turning back?") really had an impact on me ...To see how much one misses the things left behind...This is so true and honest.

Loved the anime, beautiful work which never ceased being touching. =)

Sequeeel! <3

Jun 11, 2009 7:23 AM

Mar 2009
Takemoto has become a man and it looks like he's got his girl. I'm gonna watch the specials right now and move on to the sequel asap.

Jun 27, 2009 10:47 AM
Dec 2008
Didn't like the ending because Hagu suddenly accepted Takemoto's confession. I don't understand how this happen when I thought Hagu supposedly has feelings for Morita.
Jul 7, 2009 4:50 PM

Jan 2008
qseft said:
Didn't like the ending because Hagu suddenly accepted Takemoto's confession. I don't understand how this happen when I thought Hagu supposedly has feelings for Morita.

Accepting his confession is different from actually returning his feelings.
Start watching the sequel and it'll probably get clearer. =)

Aug 24, 2009 11:02 PM

Jun 2009
Great Anime. That's all I have to say.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 15, 2009 6:02 PM

Jun 2008
Takemoto grew up so much it almost made me cry. I love everyone and even Hagu who I hated when I first laid my eyes on her, has warmed up to me. The music fits so right in every moment and I've become so attached, 9/10<3
Dec 13, 2009 2:44 AM

Apr 2009
-sniff- D: I don't want it to end...
Takemoto has grown so much. Awesome character development, I may even like him more than Morita now xD His confession to Hagu was something he could only do after his journey - nice touch.
Great ending to a great series. I'm so glad I had decided to watch this.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 3, 2010 6:10 AM

Oct 2008
Brillant series, bleh the ending was pretty open but the series is defintely moving in the right direction now that Takemoto finally confessed. I loved the finding yourself theme in the last couple of episodes, really great stuff. Overall this show lived up to my expectations as I heard heaps of good stuff about this show before I watched it. Really happy that it lived up to my expectations; 9/10
Feb 4, 2010 12:16 AM
Jul 2009
That felt so damn awesome and epic. I love the way this series really brings together comedy and drama. This definitely deserves a 9 or 10.
Feb 7, 2010 1:24 PM
Feb 2010
i hated takemoto at the beginning. but then, he explained himself very clearly and i began to understand him. but i expected the final part would be more about MORITA!! i adore him, he is really funny and crazy :D the confession part was OK. 8/10
Feb 16, 2010 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
I liked the scene where he was talking about his father.
Mar 23, 2010 5:27 AM

Oct 2008
This show improved so much as it went on. The characters are amazing, and it took til the last couple of episodes for me to realize that, but yeah, great show.
Mar 27, 2010 4:40 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't like Takemoto in the beginning, but he's.... better now. He's more manly and awesome! I have a crush on him now! xD He's handsome.... :3
Apr 1, 2010 6:22 AM
Mar 2010
Hilarious serie, laughed alot^^
May 2, 2010 1:58 PM

Jan 2009
I enjoyed this ending. It seemed...fitting. I still don't like Takemoto much, though. He was always the average joe, I found it hard to really /like/ him. Yet, he's the realistic character so that's what I liked about this series. If that makes sense...>w>

I need s'more Morita. :>
Jun 15, 2010 7:34 PM

Jan 2010
Takemoto became better indeed.
And the moment when he confesses to Hagumi is just incredibly done!!! Awesome series.
Aug 29, 2010 11:39 AM

Dec 2009
Hey, hey, hey! Wait a minute. Was Morito a russian spy or not? I still dunno.
Argh, so I have to watch 2nd season.
Sep 1, 2010 7:04 PM

May 2010
That was good.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 9, 2011 6:51 PM
Oct 2010
aesopian said:
I enjoyed this ending. It seemed...fitting. I still don't like Takemoto much, though. He was always the average joe, I found it hard to really /like/ him. Yet, he's the realistic character so that's what I liked about this series. If that makes sense...>w>

I need s'more Morita. :>

Haha, so true, Takemoto seemed like the standard kind-hearted teenager indeed. I really enjoyed all the reflexions in this anime as well as the music. The ending... well, I won't lie, I saw it comming, but I would so loved to see more Morita, he's become one of my favorite anime characters. And I reaally loved the part were Takemoto talked about each fear and question they had, I can hardly keep myself from eating the specials and second season to pieces :O
Jan 11, 2011 11:02 AM
Nov 2009
Takemoto became a man. Good ending :)
Mar 19, 2011 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
That was nice.

I'm glad I didn't drop this series halfway through.
Mar 24, 2011 4:15 PM

Dec 2010
What an amazing last episode. It did practically everything it should have done: Takemoto finally confessed, Hagu didn't just fall toward him with open arms, Takemoto finally fought back against Morita and the return of 'Waltz' as the ending song left me in tears of joy. I guess the sequel will wrap up the loose ends involved in the love triangles, but for now I'm perfectly happy with this ending. A very special series, I'm gonna give it a 9/10. :-D
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Apr 4, 2011 3:33 PM

Feb 2011
yuuta got hot ;o
great ending, i really love this anime~
May 11, 2011 9:49 AM

Dec 2008
This series was soo sweet! I actually watched up to episode 20 last september and for whatever reason totally forgot I was watching it lol. Thankfully I remembered most of what was going on. It's nice to see that Takemoto finally was able to confess to Hagu. Though I am still routing for Morita :3.

Overall I gave this series a 8/10.
FeatherLynneMay 12, 2011 7:49 AM

May 31, 2011 6:08 PM

Mar 2009
A perfect and fitting end to an amazing anime. The last arc, especially, with Takemoto's actual and inner journey was my favorite part of the show. It was pretty incredible and uplifiting to see how much he had grown after returning, both in appearance and sense of confidence.

^The face of a badass.

Overall, 10/10 and added to my favorites.
Jun 4, 2011 9:27 AM

Jun 2009
Awww this was so good!
I loved the end!
And the song omg I just love that one.<3
Jun 27, 2011 8:36 PM

Oct 2010
I expected that I would like this series a lot more, given the high rating it had and because the genres seemed like something I would enjoy. Also, the fact that it dealt with adults at various stages of careers and finishing college instead of being the more common high school stuff seemed like a good omen.

But I thought it was average at best. It was too much slice-of-life, in that not much was happening. It was a bit like observing people in a documentary, rather than a plot driven story. Other slice-of-life shows I've seen also lack much plot development, but they fill the void by focusing on comedy. I think Honey and Clover was going for nostalgia and empathetic drama, but I guess I'm not drawn to that as other people are. I suppose that is Josei, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it didn't have much impact on me.

I also didn't find the humor with Shinobu (Morita) to be funny. It was just silly. Especially episode 18, where they learn Shinobu won a film award and earned tons of money, etc. It was just strange. The rest of the humor was fine, though a bit rare and never side-splitting. I only chuckled out loud a few times.

It wasn't a bad show. It was mostly pleasant to watch. But I never felt intense interest in what was happening. When I finished an episode, I really didn't wonder too much about the next episode. I was just wondering when something would change in these romantic stalemates. I hoped that it was building up to a bigger, more sudden development, but wasn't too disappointed with it being more of the same.

6/10 (or 6.5 if it were possible).
Jun 27, 2011 8:53 PM

Jun 2009
You'll probably really like the second season then, the romantic storylines are much more focused and do in fact conclude.

I should also note that it isn't necessarily nostalgia that makes this series so well liked, because in my case it was my connection with the characters. I felt them very relate-able DESPITE the fact that I haven't ever actually went to college.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 27, 2011 9:09 PM

Oct 2010
Oh, that's good to hear. I think I will like the 2nd season better as well. I still might watch something else for a while and then come back for the 2nd season, just because it was getting stale for me... Maybe something more adventurous for a change of scenery, and then come back to Honey and Clover II with a fresh palette.
Aug 3, 2011 9:18 AM

Aug 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Great Anime. That's all I have to say.
Sep 29, 2011 4:05 PM

Jul 2010
Bumping this just to say it was an awesome ride. Next up is season 2 :)

And Morita has to be one of my favourite characters, he really manages to crack me up.
Nov 15, 2011 2:19 PM

Sep 2010
I loved this anime. It's great.

Look at Takemoto's hair from beginning and now O: So realistic.
My ideal pairs would be Morita x Yamada , Takemoto x Hagu and Mayama x Rika.
This anime was really realistic, things that happen in real life. Love triangles, one-sided loves, happy and sad moments, emotions that simply can't be explained.... Everything.
Great anime.
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Jan 8, 2012 9:33 AM

May 2010
Well, I was expecting an everything-is-solved ending but when the "self-realization" episodes of Takemoto started, I think an open ending is much better and his last monologue portayed it well. His confession was really sudden but perhaps that was the best time for him to say it.

Overall, I really enjoyed the series. I laughed hard, got deeply-saddened inside and most of all, reflect in my own life. Only few series can be that entertaining. :)

Off to the sequel.
Jan 12, 2012 3:17 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode.
Mar 19, 2012 1:44 AM

Jan 2012
dropped it after 1st ep 3 years ago..

gave it another chance and pretty much cruised through it

easy and soothing watch

a bit overrated, but to each his own
May 16, 2012 12:05 AM
Mar 2011
Top notch anime. Enjoyed it from beginning to end from the comedy, the romance, the life issues, the amazing development of the characters, even when I complained about the fact how Takemoto was such an emotional wreck... the show pulled it off elegantly.
Definite recommendation to anyone.
May 17, 2012 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
Cute and brilliant series ^_^

Going to watch the sequel now.
Jun 17, 2012 12:29 PM

Oct 2008
Oh, come on! A confession!? This isn't good, Morita! Now I'm also wondering why he always distances himself from others. It's like, he doesn't wanna get serious with anything.

Fine! I'm gonna watch the second season!
Jul 4, 2012 3:48 AM

Jun 2011
what a beatiful end
Jul 13, 2012 9:48 AM

Jul 2010
That was great :) I honestly thought I'd embrace Honey and Clover more than I did, as I love slice-of-life series, but it didn't get to my heart as much as I wanted it to. Despite this, it was still a very enjoyable watch, and I'm glad I took the time to do so. I gained a lot of respect for Takemoto this episode, his confession was so overflowing with confidence, it made me so happy. Haha, I wonder if one day I'll ever embark on a journey to find myself as well ;)

I love Morita-san, def. my favorite character. Him and Hagu forever~!<3

Honey and Clover gets an 8/10 for me. Enjoyable, slightly memorable, but it didn't connect with my heart as I wanted it to. To tell the truth, I think the show is a bit overrated. But that's just my opinion.

TO THE SEQUEL!!!!
Jul 19, 2012 8:53 PM
Feb 2008
what an insanely good show.
Sep 3, 2012 2:17 AM

May 2010
Balls. It's obvious Takemoto is going to be with Hagu. They've spent way too much time developing his character to not have it work out.

Also I think this show may be better to watch when you're a little bit older. I watched about half when I was in high school and didn't connect to it nearly as much as I have now (I'm working, finished uni)
Sep 25, 2012 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Aw man, I was hoping I would get to see more of Yamadas situation, but oh well. I guess that is what the sequel if for. Hagu looks a lot better now than at the start of the anime too =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Opening

I_0_dont_0_know - Apr 10

3 by mikorinismyson »»
Apr 11, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Mar 17, 2008

126 by whereswisteria »»
Mar 29, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 21, 2008

61 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 20, 2008

63 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 10 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 19, 2008

49 by anti0taku »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.