Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 11, 4:02 PM
Oct 2022
Ok, Not going to lie. Dude was pissing me off and I was thinking "let this pansy die, don't need a show about someone weak like this". Well, you fooled me and the Soul Eater. Bravo good sir. Think this one has taken a step up from just another isekai in my book after this episode. Was a bit worried after the first episode that it'd just be an Arifureta clone.
Jul 11, 4:10 PM
Dec 2014
ngl I was hoping this anime could somewhat entertain me in the second episode but, I've seen too many of these sorts of scenarios and I was left more annoyed than enjoyment seeing how he defeated the soul boss. Yes, you can say the CGI was the biggest flaw but, I'm fine with it as long as its consistent but switching between animations, now thats appalling from the studio. I will still watch it but, mainly for the elf girl.
Jul 11, 4:41 PM

Jun 2019
Reply to Tomstok
I've read the manga and I was excited to see how the show would be, but I don't know how to feel about the 3D animation. I like the story so I'll give it a shot, but hopefully they don't butcher anything.

Second episode was just as I expected, pretty alright all around.
@Tomstok same I really like the manga but the 3D animation in this episode wasn't really great. Here's hoping lol.
Jul 11, 4:43 PM
Feb 2018
Terrible adaptation, I'm done with it, I won't watch this anymore, I'm really mad at this damn studio. First Mato Seihei no Slave and now Failure Frame, at this point it should be a crime to allow Seven Arcs to adapt another Manga or LN. The 3D is horrible to the point that I had to stop watching before the 3 min mark, the pace of its adaptation is extremely weird, there is no emotion at all, it feels like the MC is accomplishing things easily, and that's not how I felt when I was reading the LN. Failure Frame is one of the LNs I enjoy reading the most, what a let down.
Jul 11, 4:53 PM
Oct 2019
I didn't like the episode, what a horrible thing, the acting was rotten, the script is rotten and I can't even talk about this 3D
Jul 11, 4:57 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Moppit
I really don't get the power system. He's facing off against monsters over level 500, probably if he's gaining 300 levels in one kill and they can't kill him or resist his powers. Over level 1000, his poison should be an instant kill, by then.
@Moppit in games DoT often scales just with the target max HP and skill level, and nothing else
bruh
Jul 11, 5:03 PM
Nov 2018
FullyCharged said:
@Moppit in games DoT often scales just with the target max HP and skill level, and nothing else

You can increase base dots with increasing intell stat or magical damage stat. Plus, level can be a factor, including whatever resistances target has. MMO's and rugs both have that type of system.
Jul 11, 5:14 PM
Nov 2023
seems went pretty well for low expectation
Jul 11, 5:19 PM
Nov 2022
The CGI is terrible but I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes
Jul 11, 5:28 PM
Dec 2021
the animation is worst :(
Jul 11, 5:29 PM
Jul 2023
well it's good episode with good combination between action and character background story,
BUT THE 3D IS SO CRINGE AND POORLY MADE.
Jul 11, 5:35 PM

Nov 2013
Damn, at this point I'd rather read the manga/Light Novel instead. Those 3D look suck.
Jul 11, 5:43 PM
Nov 2010
The cgi really hurts
Jul 11, 5:44 PM
Jun 2019
Horrible CGI and too much cringe, this just make Arifureta looks like it was good
Jul 11, 5:45 PM

Apr 2021
This episode was way better than the last one.

He finally is acting like I thought he would after that false goddess, more like a demon, heartlessly sent him to that dungeon of monsters.

I was glad that treat the dead with respect and when he would take things, he would address them first.

Brilliant plan with the Soul Eater, he really fooled her, and she deserved it.

Then I was glad the souls of the people thanked him, encouraged him, and the Mage gave him his mission.

I really enjoyed this one and hope the next are as good or better.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 11, 5:51 PM

May 2018
this is bad anime, its so bad i actually might make my first review how bad it is yet i dont feel like im dropping it? like what is going on? im not person who keeps watching what i dont like i know its bad i physicaly cringe at some- lot of moments but i want more of this hot garbage?

maybe it brings back memories of lineage 2 with that sleep paralysis and posion with supposedly bad % chance lol idk
Jul 11, 5:52 PM

Oct 2008
It's so bad that it's entertaining again lol

"I convinced myself that i am normal and acted normal but in fact i'm an ultra edgelord"

"How could i possible use poison one these slime looking creatures, they're human!!! Hah, fooled you - it was all an act to let your guard down!"

Will definitely keep watching.
Jul 11, 5:57 PM
Jul 2016
Reply to CresusJohnson
@Tomstok same I really like the manga but the 3D animation in this episode wasn't really great. Here's hoping lol.
@CresusJohnson I mean with how the manga is I'm sure we can expect some great story, even if the animation might not be. All we can do is hope
Jul 11, 6:11 PM
Oct 2021
I don't care about the cgi, but the story is still good so I can continue watching this anime because it's on my watchlist.
Jul 11, 6:54 PM
Apr 2022
probably the cringest show i watched in the season: natural(=unlimited) mana, paralyze poison the ultimate combo, battle junkie grin, crying for some reason after killing monsters, accepting the new me, evil versus evil versus evil, the list goes on
Jul 11, 6:58 PM
Jan 2024
They’re using a lot of CGI in this anime and most of it’s pretty decent, especially when compared to an extremely similar isekai, Arifureta
Jul 11, 7:25 PM
Apr 2024
anime cacat kayak ajin, ni anime apa game? animasi malah kayak story di game ,pake 3d animasi ampas, pantesan nilai 6 , blok,
Jul 11, 7:58 PM

May 2010
Reply to RealityChanges
Time to lock in. Evil vs evil vs evil
Looks like I'm among the minority who enjoyed it.

That revenge theme is interesting. I want to see that goddess gets what she deserves eventually.
Jul 11, 8:00 PM

Jun 2017
I like the manga a lot and keep reading it until now (the art in the manga is very good, especially when compared to the chainsaw man art which I think looks like a child's drawing) but seeing the animation in the anime makes me confused about whether to continue watching or not, change studio please…
xufos69Jul 11, 8:03 PM
Jul 11, 8:00 PM
Jun 2023
It’s giving Arifureta and Shield Hero vibes, but cringier and with worse animation… still gonna watch the next episode, but maybe that’ll be about it

PS: what the hell is that laughter from the Soul Eater? Just… sigh
Jul 11, 8:21 PM

Apr 2009
I had to laugh at the random CGI. Touka's walking along 2D, looks around a corner CG, back to 2D. CGI to save money/make work easier/do hordes I get, but what is this random BS?

Casting status effects isn't the most inherently exciting thing and they didn't even try to make it so. Although now that he's level 300+ which just seems ridiculous, I'm curious if his super high agility and strength stats means he's a berserker without his status effect abilities.

I liked the trick he pulled to defeat the Soul Eater, he had me going there for a second. Seemed like a LITTLE bit of an ass pull that he'd knew that would even work on the Soul Eater, but oh well, I was willing to roll with it.

It was a decent episode, I'm not sure if leveling up this way was all that satisfying, but he's out of the ruins and ready to really start the story.

If they CGI the hot elf girl I'm rioting.
Jul 11, 8:26 PM
Mar 2019
I would enjoy it a lot more if the animation wasn't so bad.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Jul 11, 8:51 PM
Jun 2024
3d animation is very bad in this anime
Jul 11, 9:02 PM
Jan 2017
I gave the first episode 4/10. While reading the comments, a LN reader said that the story would get much better. Thanks, acidbart.
This ep-2 is much better. Even all of Mimori's maudlin "I can't kill these remnants of people" turned out to be a trick.
Next episode, Busty Elf Women Love a Hero.
Dreadogastus_FJul 11, 9:32 PM
Jul 11, 9:14 PM

Mar 2013
Not a bad episode, but the weird CG's they used was a TURN-OFF. Please stop using bad 3D animation, it's ruining the experience...

P.S. The blonde woman will finally appear. Best waifu of this series.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 11, 9:15 PM
Jan 2018
Reply to firrex09
well it's good episode with good combination between action and character background story,
BUT THE 3D IS SO CRINGE AND POORLY MADE.
Truely this. I've seen a lot of 3D and mostly I've just been wondering why people don't like it. This anime is why. I have never had the pleasure of seeing 3D this atrocious.
Jul 11, 9:26 PM

Feb 2012
Ya ok it's getting hard to ignore the bad CGI rofl. Elf girl looked great tho.
Jul 11, 10:48 PM

Jul 2023
story was never better, and animation is getting worse
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Jul 11, 11:10 PM
Jun 2022
Wow op is so sigma. This shit is cringe not self aware and it sucks ass too, doesn’t deserve anything more than a 3.
Jul 11, 11:19 PM

Jul 2015
it's enjoyable story wise even though it's average as shit would give it a 6/10 but the animation is. ......yuck.

Still gonna watch it cause i'm getting some entertainment out of it may just read the manga though.

Jul 11, 11:50 PM
May 2022
very good episode, very good anime
Jul 11, 11:53 PM

Nov 2009
The 3D was fine for most part

It's just the human character that feels kinda odd at some times, mainly when they walk around... LOL

I kinda want that [pouch] tho... infinite food.

And MC found out that even the "strongest" heroes were "disposed off" once their use is gone... kinda sadge.

I want the Goddess in this and the one in TsukiMichi to both be dead at the end of the series.

PS:... "Soul Eater"... *BARRRRRRFFFF*

LOOOL

BTW, forgot to comment, but they sure do love to zoom in on that 3D boob in the ED huh...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 12, 12:26 AM

May 2021
How convenient for the artists that main character just hold his hand in front of him entire time while fighting. No need for any complex movement. And yet they bring out CGI for that? I was unable to forgive the choice in Overlord when they had to animate dark baby goats and thousands of people slain. That one I could at least understand. What is complex here? Coloring?

Not to mention stupidity of coming up only with one or two ailments. Why not crotch rot, or dementia, or charm, or berserk, or blindness. Whatever. Instead PARARIZU i SREEP. So tactic throughout the show was to yell pararizu pararizu, constantly. Wow. Much skill.

First few episodes are reminiscent of Arifureta but very poorly done. I am interested at how the rest develops but am fully expecting him to go PARARIZU until the very end where he deciphers the top secret magic which shuts up the goddess and he wins. Which would be completely retarded because existence of tomes implies ability to learn new spells and since he's level million by now, he should be able to abuse them to all his liking. Chances of that happening? None.

Gonna give it one more episode and then most likely drop.
Jul 12, 12:31 AM

May 2021
Reply to Miiisha
this is bad anime, its so bad i actually might make my first review how bad it is yet i dont feel like im dropping it? like what is going on? im not person who keeps watching what i dont like i know its bad i physicaly cringe at some- lot of moments but i want more of this hot garbage?

maybe it brings back memories of lineage 2 with that sleep paralysis and posion with supposedly bad % chance lol idk
@Miiisha the premise is tried and tested one. It's not successful for no reason and us humans love good revenge story. Most anime are just about that. The problem is, show is extremely poorly done, so you'll just keep being disappointed since nothing that makes sense will happen.
Jul 12, 12:53 AM
Jun 2014
awesome, ir rarely happens to see anime with so good cgi like ajin
Jul 12, 1:02 AM

Jun 2021
There are people on this forum who gave this a 5 star rating and think this is acceptable/great. Just let that sink in. These monster "designs" and cgi are one of the worst ones I have seen in the last six months if not more.
Jul 12, 1:46 AM

Jan 2021
Why do they even bother making any 2d animation at all
Jul 12, 2:57 AM
Jun 2024
3d was torture and i didn't "feel" alot happened although we progressed in the story

i hoped for the anime to be the clean redo healer
Jul 12, 4:59 AM
Jul 2019
Presumed I would drop it after Episode 1, but Ep 2 was much better.

More interesting, better written (not as much stupid dialogue), and the CG monsters didn't bother me as much.

Overall, this may end up being one of the season's more interesting ones if it continues improving like this with each episode.

People also keep commenting how the anime is "depressing", but I don't see that at all. I think it will become incredibly hopeful, as we see Touka not only beat the enemies around him (monsters, people and that vile goddess), but also beat the demons from his past life.
Jul 12, 5:02 AM
Mar 2021
cuma alurnya aja yg bagus
Jul 12, 5:10 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Nihil_dolor
I don't watch animes because the animation. I really like animes of almost all kind of gender and I like (until now) this anime. Has a meh history but is interesting. I prefer have an anime adaption that you can decide to watch or not to dont have one. This studio is like indi, and they are making an effort. Why the otakus fans are so annoying?
@Nihil_dolor

So many people get hung up on the "animation", but I barely even notice it in any anime -- not unless it is absolutely superb, like Chainsaw Man (and even that is subjective, IMO, as anime that people often rave about as being "well-animated" I often think "meh".

If a story grabs me, if I love the characters, and if it is well-written and has a decent art style etc, I couldn't care less if 20 percent of it is Powerpoint slides :)

Some of my all-time favorites are "meh animated" (Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, YuruYuri, My Little Monster, Shirobako, Junjou Romantica, Maid Sama, Non Non Biyori, the first couple of Seven Deadly Sins series, most of Black Clover, Hitorijime My Hero, Goblin Slayer, Kono Oto Tomare, Koikimo, Sing Yesterday for Me etc), and I've still watched all of them four or five times through.
Jul 12, 5:28 AM

Jun 2016
this is so shit show but i cant wait for next episode !!
Jul 12, 5:34 AM

Jul 2022
I can't tell if those monsters are super strong or if it's just easy to level up in this world, but at least he's getting stronger. It also seems like he made it out of the dungeon without much trouble and didn't lose an arm or an eye. The anime isn't too bad at the moment, but the animation is horrible, especially during CGI scenes or when monsters appear, but that's typical for this kind of anime.
Jul 12, 6:43 AM
Feb 2019
terlalu mudah di tebak si
Jul 12, 7:11 AM
Jan 2024
I'm in love for the story, but damm, this CGI is not necessary at all. Horrible choice from the studio...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4

143 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

» This is so Cliche but still entertaining

RONIN90MC - Jul 12

13 by AnimeTheOVA »»
Jul 15, 12:27 AM

» Kieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ZoeEbe - Jul 12

9 by CheliosX »»
Jul 13, 12:03 AM

» So basically Arifureta 2.0?

Zakku- - Jun 18

25 by lukyknhas »»
Jul 11, 5:35 PM

» Opening and Ending song

MegamiRem - Jul 11

1 by Saku33 »»
Jul 11, 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.