Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 10, 5:27 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to ejleon
Weiren said:
@StateofOhayo Completely with you on that one. No issues with expo dumping and buildup but its the amount of redundant dialogue that just get thrown in there and random name drops with no actual expositiong dumps explaining what they are to build up a false sense of hype through mystery. At this point, i'm almost wishing they do a full season of only meetings, if for no other reason then to just meme.

“Radom name drops”

I know that the weird family at the end I didn’t know.

But who else gave you trouble?
@ejleon The church structure and its backstory would've been interesting if it wasn't given in the middle of a 6ep exposition dump but as it is, things like battlesages, master rooks, 10 great saint, the enlightened, imperial agency, crusader and temple knights, just feels like redundant amount of detail with some being just random bits of terminology chucked in there to build a facade of complexity.

As for the even more random name drops are "the blood shadow", the 5 great elders, Saare and Grigori I understand it meant to build intrigue and will be build upon later on. It is a valid technique but again, as it chucked within this expo train it loses the effect and just is more random stuff to take mind of. It also doesn't help that there are so many character being introduced with names left and right.

As for redundant dialogue, I'm pretty certain in this episode they managed to say "a demon acting behind the scenes in falmuth" like 5 times worded differently each time just as an example. Wishful thinking but hopefuly the quality in dialogue improves in the next meeting next week.
WeirenMay 10, 5:47 PM
May 10, 5:28 PM

Aug 2019
Guys, if you don't like meetings, just skip this whole season!
Hina is going to be the only serious fight we get. There's a few joke fights, but 90% of the season is just people talking.
This is not the studio's fault, they're trying to be faithful to the source material. They already cut stuff and rearranged scenes for a faster pace.
If you want action, wait for season 4. It's going to be peak!!
May 10, 5:34 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Yaggamy
Hina is going to be the only serious fight we get. There's a few joke fights, but 90% of the season is just people talking.
This is not the studio's fault, they're trying to be faithful to the source material. They already cut stuff and rearranged scenes for a faster pace.
@Yaggamy No thanks. I'll keep watching because I like the characters and the world. Then I'll come here to discuss the good and bad of the episode!

If it's not the studio's fault, then whose is it?
They went the direction of pleasing the LN readers to the point of deterring the anime-only viewers. We'll see whether or not it was the right decision at the end, based on viewership and blu-ray sales.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
May 10, 5:38 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to Marinate1016
sodrainz said:
Marinate1016 said:
why tensura is the best selling isekai and top 5LNs overall for the last 5 years.

Which doesn't mean a thing for it's anime form. If I wanted them to make scenes where voice actors just read the book to me for 6 episodes, i'd buy an audiobook.

That’s tuff because even in anime form it’s been doing very well so 🤷🏾‍♂️ tuff luck. Maybe try JJK or BNHA
@Marinate1016 We're only 6 episodes in. MAL score is dropping after every episode. Even on anikore the score is quite low. We won't really know the impact this season has on the series as a whole for a while.
May 10, 5:39 PM

Feb 2019
nonukez said:
@Marinate1016 We're only 6 episodes in. MAL score is dropping after every episode. Even on anikore the score is quite low. We won't really know the impact this season has on the series as a whole for a while.

That’s western fanbase and only a minority at that. It’s doing great in Japan which is all that matters so we do actually know.
May 10, 5:46 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to Marinate1016
nonukez said:

That’s western fanbase and only a minority at that. It’s doing great in Japan which is all that matters so we do actually know.
@Marinate1016 anikore is Japanese.

Again, it's getting good viewership numbers now, but we're only 6 eps in. It's also steadily declining per episode (just check videor).
May 10, 5:47 PM

Feb 2019
nonukez said:

Again, it's getting good viewership numbers now, but we're only 6 eps in. It's also steadily declining per episode (just check videor).

Alright yall just arguing to argue at this point lmao you got it big dawg
May 10, 5:49 PM
Nov 2023
Did someone say there’s gonna be action next week? Looks like I’ll have to drop the show and score it 1 if this excellent boardroom season gets ruined by childish violence!
Oct 2021
Reply to Marinate1016
nonukez said:

Marinate1016 said:
That’s tuff because even in anime form it’s been doing very well so 🤷🏾‍♂️ tuff luck. Maybe try JJK or BNHA

Marinate1016 said:

This is literally what you're doing lmao.

Feb 2019
nonukez said:
Marinate1016 said:

Marinate1016 said:

You got it big dawg
May 10, 5:51 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
nonukez said:
Marinate1016 said:

Marinate1016 said:

You got it big dawg
@Marinate1016 How are you this braindead? And you shit on "battle shonen" watchers.
Marinate1016 said:
May 10, 5:51 PM

Feb 2019
stevejawbs said:
@Marinate1016 How are you this braindead? And you shit on "battle shonen" watchers.

Why are you still mentioning me after I dismissed you hours ago?
May 10, 5:54 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
stevejawbs said:

Why are you still mentioning me after I dismissed you hours ago?
@Marinate1016 Because you keep writing dumb shit that I love calling out. Why do you keep writing dumb shit?
Marinate1016 said:
May 10, 5:55 PM

Feb 2019
stevejawbs said:
@Marinate1016 Because you keep writing dumb shit that I love calling out. Why do you keep writing dumb shit?

Why do you keep crying on a cartoon forum? If you have an issue with someone block and move on.
May 10, 5:56 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
stevejawbs said:

Why do you keep crying on a cartoon forum? If you have an issue with someone block and move on.
@Marinate1016 I'm enjoying you getting triggered tbh.
Maybe you should take your own advice there.
Marinate1016 said:
May 10, 5:57 PM

Feb 2019
stevejawbs said:

The irony is that you’re the only one triggered here based on your incessant whining about people enjoying the episode for the last 7 hours. I was at a PhD graduation when you were sending the original messages and you’re STILL going. I can’t imagine caring this much to continue harassing people, but it’s cool, reported. The weak ban should help you sort it out.

EDIT: highly suggest not interacting with Steve Jawbs. He’s a brand new account, no anime added to his list clearly just here to troll. Report and move on
Marinate1016May 10, 6:04 PM
May 10, 6:01 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to stevejawbs
@Yaggamy No thanks. I'll keep watching because I like the characters and the world. Then I'll come here to discuss the good and bad of the episode!

They went the direction of pleasing the LN readers to the point of deterring the anime-only viewers. We'll see whether or not it was the right decision at the end, based on viewership and blu-ray sales.
stevejawbs said:

The studio outsourced the episodes, so it's not their fault that they're not that great.

Production Cooperation:
Ashi Productions (eps 50, 54)
Cosmo Project (eps 52-53)
Studio Peacock (ep 51)
May 10, 6:01 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
stevejawbs said:

The irony is that you’re the only one triggered here based on your incessant whining about people enjoying the episode for the last 7 hours. I was at a PhD graduation when you were sending the original messages and you’re STILL going. I can’t imagine caring this much to continue harassing people, but it’s cool, reported. The weak ban should help you sort it out.

EDIT: highly suggest not interacting with Steve Jawbs. He’s a brand new account, no anime added to his list clearly just here to troll. Report and move on
@Marinate1016
"PhD graduation", "Weak ban"
You're literally here before I was.
Omfg this is too good, please keep going. This is approaching Chris chan levels
Marinate1016 said:
May 10, 6:02 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Yaggamy
stevejawbs said:

The studio outsourced the episodes, so it's not their fault that they're not that great.

Production Cooperation:
Ashi Productions (eps 50, 54)
Cosmo Project (eps 52-53)
Studio Peacock (ep 51)
@Yaggamy Fair enough
Marinate1016 said:
May 10, 6:22 PM

Sep 2014
i hate yapper episodes
May 10, 6:25 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to ejleon
I would like to remind everyone that there are 24 episodes this season.

Which means that 6 episodes, 1/4 or 25%, were used for a mix of recap, updates, investigation, and preparations.

Last season ended with a war, this season showed the aftermath, and what will be coming next.

This all established a foundation for the major events that will be occurring.

Now that the stage has been set, I hope that these next episodes will be showing some much needed action sequences on multiple battle fields.

I’m excited for these next 3/4 or 75% of the story to unfold.
@ejleon This is really optimistic, but I doubt there will be that much action this season. Considering Hinata vs Rimuru is the action part of the first 12 episodes, it's probably not gonna be next episode even and they'll do 12 episodes for the next volume too, meaning: you guessed it, a lot more meetings for the second half too.
May 10, 6:28 PM
Oct 2021
I'm just confused why they laid out the last two epsiodes this way.

Why did they explain Lubelius, the temple knights, master rooks, crusaders, seven luminaries, ten great saints... AFTER showing them in the last episode? Why couldn't they explain first then show them??

Actually, why couldn't they do both at the same time - cut between the two meetings, so that when they explain the seven luminaries, they can show them? That'd also make it fell way less monotonous.
May 10, 6:32 PM
Aug 2014
Having slow episodes that primarily exist to provide exposition is fine but having three in a row like this is kind of overkill. Hell, I'd take a filler episode somewhere in the middle to break things up instead of three weeks straight of nothing but setup. At least it looks like the next episode will be outside of the various meeting rooms we've spent the last 1/4 cour becoming acquainted with...
May 10, 6:33 PM
Oct 2021
I've been having fun watching and keeping track of how little the characters move.

First meeting:
- Diablo bows, then stands back up
- Veldora sits up from his seat
- Benimaru stands up

Other notes: Omg they didn't even animate Ranga's mouth opening when he spoke. He was a literal jpg that slid in from the ground. The slideshow meme is no longer a meme. Also, Adelmann literally just disappears between the cutaway.

Second meeting:
- Soel stands up, then is seen sitting down in the next shot
- Veldora stands up, same as above
- Suphia and Albis walk in

Third meeting:
- Glenda points gun

HOW ARE PEOPLE DEFENDING THIS
May 10, 6:36 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to Yaggamy
@Yaggamy Oh hey, I remember you! You told me to rewatch the last episode, and look for information that wasn't actually there.

Funny, all the info you said was "hinted at" was actually in this episode!

Maybe stop telling people to watch or not watch. Also, I thought this was supposed to be discussion of the anime, not the source material.
May 10, 6:37 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to Meabhy
Having slow episodes that primarily exist to provide exposition is fine but having three in a row like this is kind of overkill. Hell, I'd take a filler episode somewhere in the middle to break things up instead of three weeks straight of nothing but setup. At least it looks like the next episode will be outside of the various meeting rooms we've spent the last 1/4 cour becoming acquainted with...
@Meabhy Three in a row? You mean six.
May 10, 6:38 PM

Sep 2014
I already attend too many meetings in real life

what the hell is this season
May 10, 6:42 PM

Jan 2013
What a POS anime// every episode is them sittiing around a table and having a discussion...TALK SHOW ANIME...garbage
May 10, 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to felixsifuri
I usually scoff at people complaining about episodes being too dialogue-heavy but this episode was actually insufferable in that regard... I love exposition and lots of lore, but right now even my patience is wearing thin.
i feel ya bro...its getting out of hand
May 10, 7:09 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to ejleon
sodrainz said:
ejleon said:
because it’s more realistic to historical world events

Imagine thinking real life historical trade and infrastructure is just people sitting around a coffee table saying Falmuth 9000 times

Imagine not knowing anything about 6,000 years of human history … how embarrassing

And you changed what I said, so you lied.
ejleon said:
Imagine not knowing anything about 6,000 years of human history … how embarrassing

Yea i'm sure 6000 years of human history was sitting around a coffee table talking about trade rather than actually trading. Hilarious potato level brains.
May 10, 7:09 PM

Nov 2009
This is ridiculous now. It almost reminds me of the South Park episode where Butters goes to George R.R Martin to find out about what happens in Game of Thrones.

All this promise of "things coming" and "going to happen" but instead we get another episode of absolute tedium. I couldn't even get to the end of this one.

Despite the fact I've loved the series to this point, I'm one more meeting episode from dropping it.
May 10, 7:16 PM
Mar 2020
Another meeting, which could have been an e-mail episode.
May 10, 7:17 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Yaggamy
Yaggamy said:
they're trying to be faithful to the source material

Being faithful to source material isn't doing a 1:1 copy of a text medium with a visual medium. The Lord of the Rings movies were faithful to the source material. The Battle of Helms Deep in the books was 11 pages, 5% of the Two Towers but even accounting for the extended version, the battle takes up 10% and gives us the acclaimed Rohirrim scenes making full use of the strengths of a visual medium.
May 10, 7:23 PM

Apr 2021
watsym said:
@ejleon This is really optimistic, but I doubt there will be that much action this season. Considering Hinata vs Rimuru is the action part of the first 12 episodes, it's probably not gonna be next episode even and they'll do 12 episodes for the next volume too, meaning: you guessed it, a lot more meetings for the second half too.

I was hoping, but can’t win them all. 😂

Well I’m enjoying the episodes so far, so hopefully it will be good as it continues.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 10, 7:25 PM

Apr 2021
sodrainz said:
ejleon said:

Yea i'm sure 6000 years of human history was sitting around a coffee table talking about trade rather than actually trading. Hilarious potato level brains.

Actually yeah, in history, a lot of major trade was discussed over tea, coffee, a meal, or at a meeting, before the actual act of trading was done.

That has even been shown in many anime too.

Have you been living under a rock all your life?
ejleonMay 10, 7:51 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 10, 7:31 PM

Apr 2019
The world building is good with this one, we learned that the Rozzo family seems to be pulling all the strings all along but despite their cunningness, these scheming humans underestimate Rimuru too much due Rimuru's good control of information.

I see that most of the typical shonen watchers and normies are complaining too much with the 6 episodes of meeting after meeting because they don't quite understand what's going on considering how they're mostly amused with hype culture and fight scenes, they like watching easy to understand animes rather than complex ones, i see the same thing in Mushoku Tensei, these avid shonen watchers who only likes action are complaining about Rudeus not going to adventures anymore lol
May 10, 7:43 PM
Jul 2011
Reply to Embient
The memes about this season being meeting after meeting are funny, but if we're being serious, Tensura is less like a battle shonen and more like a story about building a nation with fights here and there. If you don't enjoy that I guess this isn't for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. This season has been really good to me so far.
@Embient I, too, would second an anime where paint is literally depicted in every part of the drying process to properly immerse myself in the world's lore so that when Rimiru finally walks up to the painted bench and sits down, there is a clear and fully developed progression to the unfolding mise-en-scene. This expert dedication, of course, is so that we, the viewers, actively feel a surge of empathy for his hesitation, confusion, concern, and then finally, and most importantly, the blissfully euphoric titillation as he realizes that not only is the paint he sits on now completely dry, but actually feels rather nice to the touch! I'm sorry, but Endless 8 was made for people like you.

This season seems to forget that world building can be achieved through fully acted and animated scenes rather than overdubbed C-SPAN meetings. Every anime, including the horrible ones, are more interesting than this one right now. Every single one. This is an overcooked April Fool's Day joke.
May 10, 7:44 PM
Oct 2022
Someone read the minutes from last week's meetings. What's the status on the action items? Anyone knows what next week's meetings will focus on?

This is why I suggest not scoring a season until it's complete. People scored it early based on hype and a season that has so far been a series of meetings is above an 8, as if anyone who scores it well would enjoy weekly board meetings would rate them an 8 out of 10 without seeing any return on their investment.

It will probably improve, but it's score isn't reflecting what it's been so far or how much it's viewers have(n't) enjoyed it.
LucenProjectMay 10, 7:48 PM
May 10, 7:47 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to Jorovie
The world building is good with this one, we learned that the Rozzo family seems to be pulling all the strings all along but despite their cunningness, these scheming humans underestimate Rimuru too much due Rimuru's good control of information.

I see that most of the typical shonen watchers and normies are complaining too much with the 6 episodes of meeting after meeting because they don't quite understand what's going on considering how they're mostly amused with hype culture and fight scenes, they like watching easy to understand animes rather than complex ones, i see the same thing in Mushoku Tensei, these avid shonen watchers who only likes action are complaining about Rudeus not going to adventures anymore lol
@Jorovie I love the pace in Mushoku Tensei but the Slime pace does bother me. Its not like I really desire Slime's action since the action in Slime hasn't been a big highlight of the series normally, but I do feel like the execution of meetings with no animation, not much interesting direction to it and listing stuff happening like a checklist without changing the setting can feel very stale. At least in MT, character arcs clearly developed in this cour alone, and the episodes themselves had different things happen in them in different settings that kept it engaging without feeling repetitive. And with the lore added in between, it feels like real progress is going to kick into overdrive soon while simultaneously developing bonds with different characters, and giving a lot of depth to others in the span of a few episodes in varied scenes and settings. Some might want pure action since it looked amazing and the adventure element is strong but the character writing still makes the slower stuff come across really well

Some episodes there are more character-drama focused, some more slice of life focused, some more romance focused in these slower ep. In Slime, episodes feel more redundant and the lack of real stakes in these meetings due to how OP Rimuru and company are despite the tons of meetings makes them feel less impactful. The music being weak, the visuals not looking intense or selling any real tension that Rimuru and Jura can genuinely suffer if things go wrong does make it feel one-dimensional and more boring in the process. Dont think its a lack of action, but just a lack of variety in how the episodes present themselves, making it boring as result. World building needs more show, and less tell whereas here, everything is just spoken through meetings so no subtlety there too. MT, Made in Abyss, etc and their world building knew when to have exposition, and when to showcase their world and let viewers connect dots which this lacks
May 10, 7:51 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Jorovie

@Jorovie Nah that's just dumb. Read most of the comments here, it's not "shonen watchers and normies".
Marinate1016 said:
May 10, 7:52 PM

Feb 2019
those groups are soon gonna regret underestimating the Tempest crew. they forgot that Rimuru has the backing of Milim and two former demon lords as well as another demon lord, Ramiris. that merchant will regret messing with Diablo, that's for sure lol
May 10, 8:05 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to ejleon
sodrainz said:
ejleon said:

Actually yeah, in history, a lot of major trade was discussed over tea, coffee, a meal, or at a meeting, before the actual act of trading was done.

That has even been shown in many anime too.

Have you been living under a rock all your life?
This anime clearly don't know concept of show, don't tell. anime explore economy and politics in such a horrible way. even AVERAGE ISEKAI realist hero building a Kingdom have done better job than whatever tensura trying to do
May 10, 8:24 PM
Aug 2013
Reply to HiljainenSipuli
6 episodes of meetings from three different groups. and rimuru himself gets less and less screentime, we havent seen his human form in a few episodes.
there is also quite a few people on rimurus side who even rimuru doesnt know about... gobwa even has a name, who named her? i do like how she looks. her name suggest that she is a goblin but the skin color and the horns suggest that she is an ogre or higher

edit: yeah so she is one of the goblins that got evolved into an ogre when rimuru became a demon lord. so no need to quote this anymore telling that :D

@HiljainenSipuli Yes, Rimuru as a human barely appears in this season, is so strange.
Also finally Shuna has more dialogue. I hope Shuna can show her powers like she did in the past season.
May 10, 8:43 PM
Feb 2024
Tensura Slime is the definition of best Isekai anime everything is describes in detail, it's very important to know like why the fight is going on, what the reason and all... compare to other Isekai anime like DAL oh lets just kiss kiss and the fight lol really what kinda anime is that even Lmao, Well i can't wait to see twist & ofc the Hinata & Rimuru fight.
May 10, 8:49 PM

Dec 2015
“That Time I Got Reincarnated Into a Long-Ass Meeting That Could Have Been an Email.”
May 10, 8:52 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Softhenic03
Sure, now that they know Hinata and her group is coming, we’d need another “meeting” to go over the strategies to employ right? I mean lol, this is not even funny at this point. Rimuru is invincible, so be it the schemings of seven luminaries or any shady looking group, he and his country level army won’t have any problem anyway. So it was just for the sake of briefing us about the hierarchy, that they had to bring that undead looking guy back into the picture, sigh.

By the way, you can trust Diablo to do the most cruel things to the person who killed Reyhiem. That guy is built differently, and has absolutely no qualms over squashing people like bugs. But since we’re forever stuck in the “build-up” phase, trust this series to not show any such thing for a good time. Anyways, backroom schemings and all do look cool, it really does, but when it becomes an everyday occurrence, it looks like the most boring thing out there. This series been suffering from that, this season particularly, and it’s honestly tiring now.
@Softhenic03 You should keep your mouth shut, kid. According to this rookie, One Piece should be the most boring anime LMAO. Where do these types of trash come from? Just because he loves only one trash DAL anime in which he watched only kiss scenes, that's why he wants to see such things in this anime too. That's not how it works, Kojo. The reason why Tensura Slime is the most popular Isekai novel is because its story is told in a systematic way. Well,  what can we expect from Canaille like you? Don't worry guys it's very necessary to know even lil detail what's going on actually before the battle starts.
May 10, 8:56 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to IzanaSolos
Heyyy, finally, something hype to come out of this season: the return of the boy Adalmann!

A fabricated rumor alleging that "Archbishop Reyhiem was slain in a demon's plot" has circulated, prompting Temple Knights worldwide to assemble in the Kingdom of Falmuth, totaling around thirty thousand, surpassing both Youm's troops and reinforcements from Rimuru.

Meanwhile, as the capture of Falmouth becomes uncertain, Diablo seethes with anger, eager to redeem himself. As all this is going on, Rimuru learns that the Crusaders have allied with Hinata, who is en route to Tempest.

Slowly but surely, the big event is finally coming.
@IzanaSolos Finally, there are some geniuses who understand the depth of anime stories. 
May 10, 8:58 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to -Acheron
How much we need to wait for hearing Diablo laugh (like a lunatic in sky)??

Please for the gods sake no more yapping.
@-Acheron Just because you like only a scene doesn't mean they should skip the most important thing before the epic battle starts. 
May 10, 9:03 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to ejleon
@stevejawbs I understand the frustration, but they just ended a major war last season, showing the aftermath, how this affects the rest of world, how they respond, that’s how things work in history, it isn’t just constant fighting all the time.
@ejleon BRO WE DONT SIT IN AN OFFICE FOR 6 WEEKS discussing what is going to happen and how it's going to happen and maybe it might happen this might happen too who knows
Nah. Really bad takes here for some reason. You can love a show and still hate whats going on here (me)
May 10, 9:13 PM

Apr 2019
Reply to MangagnaM
@Jorovie I love the pace in Mushoku Tensei but the Slime pace does bother me. Its not like I really desire Slime's action since the action in Slime hasn't been a big highlight of the series normally, but I do feel like the execution of meetings with no animation, not much interesting direction to it and listing stuff happening like a checklist without changing the setting can feel very stale. At least in MT, character arcs clearly developed in this cour alone, and the episodes themselves had different things happen in them in different settings that kept it engaging without feeling repetitive. And with the lore added in between, it feels like real progress is going to kick into overdrive soon while simultaneously developing bonds with different characters, and giving a lot of depth to others in the span of a few episodes in varied scenes and settings. Some might want pure action since it looked amazing and the adventure element is strong but the character writing still makes the slower stuff come across really well

Some episodes there are more character-drama focused, some more slice of life focused, some more romance focused in these slower ep. In Slime, episodes feel more redundant and the lack of real stakes in these meetings due to how OP Rimuru and company are despite the tons of meetings makes them feel less impactful. The music being weak, the visuals not looking intense or selling any real tension that Rimuru and Jura can genuinely suffer if things go wrong does make it feel one-dimensional and more boring in the process. Dont think its a lack of action, but just a lack of variety in how the episodes present themselves, making it boring as result. World building needs more show, and less tell whereas here, everything is just spoken through meetings so no subtlety there too. MT, Made in Abyss, etc and their world building knew when to have exposition, and when to showcase their world and let viewers connect dots which this lacks
@MangagnaM though we do know that everyone else possess no threat to Rimuru and his friends right now due to them becoming to strong and these scheming humans underestimating Rimuru dince they don't really know much about him other than the false stories Rimuru already spread through rumors to hide his abilities, it's still good to learn something from their side since it adds more depth to their characters, i know these past 6 episodes of meeting have seem to be repetitive to others but they do throw some information within these episodes. I haven't read the LN so I don't know what's ahead but i'm sure that the episodes won't always be about meetings, we'll probably see some action eventually from what we see in the opning and we do know Rimuru's group will come on top, only Hinata Sakaguchi possesses the power to atleast put a fight, even Luminous told her not to pick fights with them but from the opening sequence it seems that there will be a fight between the 2 eventually. The gun person is probably another otherworlder though but i don't think she can even beat the likes of Souei lol. The only other threat is that Yuuki Kagurazaka guy, he's very scheming but i think he also hides his true abilities
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20

61 by SouthRzVa »»
7 hours ago

» Is this show for kids?

ghier - Sep 24

12 by CheliosX »»
Yesterday, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30

96 by Darkzepheran »»
Yesterday, 6:30 AM

» Help me manga readers, I want to know about the tenma war arc.

Hickykissy - Sep 23

7 by SATAN19 »»
Sep 24, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6

77 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 23, 9:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.