Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Cute girls + Fanservice + Music + Art + Miku Itou + Rie + really really good animation

New
Apr 10, 12:09 PM
Apr 2023
I don't think it gets better than that for me. This is my favorite first episode this season.

The theme is really good too, especially for people with artistic/musical passion.

One question, that song, is it the same singer as Mio?
[Edit: dumb me, that's definitely Rie singing]

[Edit 2: Upon watching ep 2, I don't think it will go to yuri route. I also don't want to push away yuri haters from this awesome new anime]
saikyozeroApr 13, 10:12 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 10, 12:17 PM
Jan 2022
I don’t know about your question but you are goddamm right
Apr 10, 12:19 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Anime_god00
@Anime_god00 my excitement is overflowing after watching the first episode
Apr 10, 12:20 PM
Jan 2022
saikyozero said:

And doga kobo is doing the animation which is chef’s kiss
Apr 10, 12:23 PM
Jan 2022
saikyozero said:

They did the oshinoko’s animation as well
Apr 10, 12:26 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Anime_god00
saikyozero said:

@Anime_god00 their works are really good, I liked the Tada-kun anime as well. They know how animate really really well.
Apr 10, 12:28 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Anime_god00
@Anime_god00 regarding my question, I just remembered Mio's VA was actually singing those, I watched some of their Live performance. I just thought they sounded alike.
Apr 10, 12:33 PM
Jan 2022
saikyozero said:
@Anime_god00 regarding my question, I just remembered Mio's VA was actually singing those, I watched some of their Live performance. I just thought they sounded alike.

Takahashi rie did the end performance va of jelee that is what i am seeing
Apr 10, 12:41 PM

Apr 2021
You forgot to mention that per the director, all episodes have already finished production.
Apr 10, 12:41 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Anime_god00
saikyozero said:

Takahashi rie did the end performance va of jelee that is what i am seeing
@Anime_god00 yup that's definitely her, I actually didn't recognize her voice this time as she isn't a cutesy character

after listening to the song again I can confirm it's her
Apr 10, 12:42 PM
Jan 2022
Oongbuh said:
You forgot to mention that per the director, all episodes have already finished production.

Seriously wow I didn’t know that
Apr 10, 12:44 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Oongbuh
@Oongbuh really?? I got goosebumps reading that. This animation studio really is something.
Apr 10, 12:44 PM
Jan 2022
Oongbuh said:

That means it is going to be good
Apr 10, 12:47 PM
Jan 2022
saikyozero said:
@Oongbuh really?? I got goosebumps reading that. This animation studio really is something.

I mean super good do you know that he is director of eromanga sensie that is why it has echi elements(i mean fan service)
Anime_god00Apr 10, 12:51 PM
Apr 10, 1:14 PM
Dec 2022
saikyozero said:
I don't think it gets better than that for me. This is my favorite first episode this season.

The theme is really good too, especially for people with artistic/musical passion.

don't say yuri jeez. might make me drop it.
Apr 10, 1:21 PM
May 2023
Pablo_Neruda1 said:
saikyozero said:

random. drop it if don't like the Yuri. it's been confirmed
Apr 10, 1:22 PM
Dec 2022
Crisis_genocide said:
Pablo_Neruda1 said:

nah, it's not yuri and I like it so imma watch.
Apr 10, 1:25 PM
May 2023
Pablo_Neruda1 said:
Crisis_genocide said:

just because there's no girls love tags doesn't mean it's not yuri
Apr 10, 1:25 PM
Dec 2022
Crisis_genocide said:
Pablo_Neruda1 said:

just because there's no girls love tags doesn't mean it's not yuri

just end it there, thank you.
Apr 10, 1:35 PM
Jul 2017
Anime_god00 said:
saikyozero said:

not just them, a bunch of other big studios were in on it, like cloverworks, shaft, studio bind, trigger, ufotable
Apr 10, 3:05 PM
Jun 2022
both va are so good, rie takanashi voices ai hoshino, megumin and hutao and miku itou voices miku, kokoro and kokkoro. The animation is so good I hope it continues like this. And the story is so relatable!!
Apr 10, 3:07 PM
Nov 2023
there's no confirmation that it involves Yuri, I wish it does but don't get your expectations up, it might be like the Reina and Kumiko relationship in Hibike euphonium
Apr 10, 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Crisis_genocide
Pablo_Neruda1 said:
saikyozero said:

@Crisis_genocide What's the source on that?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 10, 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to ZeStark
there's no confirmation that it involves Yuri, I wish it does but don't get your expectations up, it might be like the Reina and Kumiko relationship in Hibike euphonium
@ZeStark So, why are people acting like it's confirmed? If they're just basing that on the first episode... Jesus.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 10, 3:37 PM
Nov 2023
LostSpectre said:
@ZeStark So, why are people acting like it's confirmed? If they're just basing that on the first episode... Jesus.

I don't know maybe there is a confirmation somewhere that I haven't seen
Apr 10, 3:48 PM
May 2023
LostSpectre said:

it was on X, somewhere
Apr 10, 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to LostSpectre
@LostSpectre All I saw was one teenage shipper writing a typical "this is canon" discussion post. I don't know where they got this from, but judging by past discussions, it's probably a misrepresentation of reviews of yuri bait. Not to mention that if they were so open about it, there would simply be no point in not putting the tag. English and Japanese Wikipedia ignores this. But otherwise, yeah, now any female cast or chemistry between characters is enough for people to call it yuri. This isn't even the first show, that people call "obvious canon yuri" based on one or two shipable scenes in the show so far.
RobertBobertApr 10, 4:26 PM
Apr 10, 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
Crisis_genocide said:
LostSpectre said:

it was on X, somewhere

Yeah... because that sounds reliable.
Apr 10, 6:04 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Spoof_490
Anime_god00 said:
saikyozero said:

not just them, a bunch of other big studios were in on it, like cloverworks, shaft, studio bind, trigger, ufotable
@Spoof_490 All of those studios only helped with tasks such as in-betweening and coloring... which is a very normal practice.
Apr 10, 6:12 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to LostSpectre
@LostSpectre it's heavily implied by the actions, like another user said, like Hibike Euphonium
Apr 10, 6:17 PM
Mar 2023
Despite the bare butt at one point and a real down shirt shot, it didn't feel THAT fanservicey.
Apr 10, 6:19 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to saikyozero
@LostSpectre it's heavily implied by the actions, like another user said, like Hibike Euphonium
@saikyozero It's really not, actually.
Apr 10, 6:19 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@LostSpectre All I saw was one teenage shipper writing a typical "this is canon" discussion post. I don't know where they got this from, but judging by past discussions, it's probably a misrepresentation of reviews of yuri bait. Not to mention that if they were so open about it, there would simply be no point in not putting the tag. English and Japanese Wikipedia ignores this. But otherwise, yeah, now any female cast or chemistry between characters is enough for people to call it yuri. This isn't even the first show, that people call "obvious canon yuri" based on one or two shipable scenes in the show so far.
@RobertBobert I looked online and there doesn't seem to be much chatter on other forums, just people in this thread being weird, I guess.
Apr 10, 6:24 PM

Apr 2015
Ah here we go again. All female cast is instantly Yuri somehow, and yet people wonder why other's avoid the all-female cast shows more and more.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 10, 7:58 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to LostSpectre
@saikyozero It's really not, actually.
@LostSpectre bro, Rie whispered to me. If I was a girl, I would be gae
Apr 10, 11:43 PM
Jul 2023
the first episode is really catchy for almost all types of anime watchers so i think they did a great job for the first episode
Apr 10, 11:48 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to LostSpectre
@RobertBobert I looked online and there doesn't seem to be much chatter on other forums, just people in this thread being weird, I guess.
@LostSpectre This reminds me of the last few weeks of G-Witch when someone decided that the show was going to have a kiss at the end due to copying Utena and someone started spreading it around as a leaks of canon information lmao. So I wouldn't be surprised if there's a similar situation here. Especially since the Hibike-style yuri bait suggestion above also turned into an "implied confirmation" due to misunderstanding before our eyes.

@Tropisch Unfortunately, this happens with many genres. For example, many avoid shonens because of children and "will Saitama be able to defeat Goku?" discussions. And then there is romance and waifu wars. Many people find it difficult to separate titles from the fans or the information field around them.
RobertBobertApr 10, 11:52 PM
Apr 11, 1:56 AM
Dec 2020
have kinda bocchi the rock vibes so gave it a try now i think it's gonna be soooo good it also has night life vibes
Apr 11, 4:05 AM
Apr 2023
Let me also add that the outfits on the anime also looks really really good.
Apr 11, 9:25 AM
Apr 2024
There are no tags how can you tell this is yuri?
Apr 11, 9:45 AM

Feb 2020
^ Because everything is "yuri" nowadays.
Apr 11, 9:52 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Koyorides_
There are no tags how can you tell this is yuri?
@Koyorides_ instinct, we'll see on episode 2
Apr 11, 9:54 AM
Apr 2024
saikyozero said:

Being suggestive or two girls being close to each other doesn't mean it's yuri,this is going to be very forced and not natural to the show and the story at all
Apr 11, 10:07 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Koyorides_
saikyozero said:

Being suggestive or two girls being close to each other doesn't mean it's yuri,this is going to be very forced and not natural to the show and the story at all
@Koyorides_ that's far from just being close, not even 2 best friends would whisper into each other's ears,

anyways like I said, we'll see on episode 2 if it's yuri or not

if it's not yuri, I can update my discussion title if that can make you sleep soundly as night
Apr 11, 10:10 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Koyorides_
saikyozero said:

@Koyorides_ btw to help you sleep tonight, I updated the title, I hope I don't upset your feelings further
Apr 11, 10:11 AM
Apr 2024
saikyozero said:
@Koyorides_ that's far from just being close, not even 2 best friends would whisper into each other's ears,

if it's not yuri, I can update my discussion title if that can make you sleep soundly as night

I don't think whispering into each other's ear is gay because that would make several straight people gay too
I'm actually fine with yuri I just hate real life homosexuality
Apr 11, 10:12 AM
Apr 2024
saikyozero said:
@Koyorides_ btw to help you sleep tonight, I updated the title, I hope I don't upset your feelings further

I'm not upset lol I don't really mind if it's yuri if it has a good story like the first episode showed us
Apr 11, 12:11 PM
Jan 2022
saikyozero said:

Some people take these topics too seriously
Why can’t we just enjoy the show everybody have different reasons for watching or not watching a show just enjoy don’t fight
Apr 11, 12:42 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Koyorides_
saikyozero said:

I don't think whispering into each other's ear is gay because that would make several straight people gay too
I'm actually fine with yuri I just hate real life homosexuality
@Koyorides_ bro, it's gay
Apr 11, 3:21 PM

Sep 2018
I've seen enough anime with a very well animated and directed first episode to tell there's no way the remaining episodes are going to be as good from a technical standpoint. I don't mean to be a party pooper, just don't keep your expectations too high.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

157 by LightningC04 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 4

223 by JBCena »»
2 hours ago

» Worst Yuri Bait, I have seen in Years

Theannoy3rd1 - Jun 22

43 by chaosprophet »»
5 hours ago

» Season 2?

Koyorides_ - Yesterday

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
Today, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

124 by chocomayu »»
Today, 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.