Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 21, 7:33 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
Ofc cerberus would fall after taking only a few hits in his one of six eyes...
@LessThanAnimeFan

well it's logical to attack legs and eyes to dissable monster / creature mobility.

even in real life sense.
Feb 21, 12:24 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Alkimia
@Seygneur EXACTLY! The plot armor felt strong in this episode and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so too. Like idk I feel like Jinwoo totally should have died. And I'm not sure if I really get why he entered that dungeon to begin with. And then the cerberus went down just from him stabbing one of it's six eyes? Idk it just feels a bit off. But yeah I think I've decided to stick around to the end. The plot and characters aren't anything new or groundbreaking, but my gf decided to look ahead in the manga, and uhhh... Let's just say her reactions worry me LOL
Alkimia said:
And then the cerberus went down just from him stabbing one of it's six eyes?

Didn't you see the rain of blood from Cerberus?
Because of the bleed effects of the Kasaka's dagger Cerberus died from the excessive blood loss.
Feb 21, 3:23 PM
Nov 2023
Of all the episodes I'd say episode 7 has been the least worst and most consistent. Mostly everything stays relevant and on track without darting off to some useless character that adds nothing and won't be developed, we just cling to our boy Jim-Who and that's pretty much that. There's nothing wrong with that, but the show too often pretends as if the author thought any other characters were important.

Speaking of, Jim-Who's sister still exists as a prop with no goals or ambitions of here own, she is a husk who exists to ask and make observations at Jim-Who - rather than having an actual discernable character other than 'cute'. Jim-Who's reaction to killing people is still luke-warm, even after the author/show bent over backwards to make sure there was nothing he could do. I'm not expecting him to cry over it, but maybe he could've lost like, five minutes of sleep or something over murdering other people. (May Mr.Dongsuck and his Merry Band of Merry Morons Rest In Pieces)

The episode makes better time than most, and for the first half of the 'Cerberus' fight I almost enjoyed myself. Seeing Jim-Who finally get tangibly wounded was the most surprising thing about it. Then of course the show started being itself and pulling things out of its rear. Jim-Who just got flung 5km into a wall at 200mph? Don't worry, he's got a health bar that was until now suspiciously absent from the giant snake fight, where he got hit eleven times and didn't bleed until the last one. Here you might as-well drop an ICBM on him, because as long as he has 1-hp he's A-OK. Basically, the only way the show could add tension was by adding a literal health bar, since the hits Jim-Who survives are comically in-human and untranslatable to actual fighting psychology. Its cute.

One final thing, something tells me deep down that we might not even see Mr.Dongsuck's big evil brother before this season is through, with how little it covers each episode. This thought is influenced by a friend who actually read the manhwa, though. Who knows, maybe the animation team will flip the script and make him fit somewhere before its joever.

But yeah, other than all that stuff I enjoyed it. 5.5/10 If you round that up its basically 6, or even 7, or 8, or so on.
I'm In Hell
Feb 21, 8:59 PM

Aug 2019
I’m just patiently waiting for the moment he says the iconic line.
Feb 22, 2:39 AM
Jun 2023
so cool, some differences from the manhwa but in a good side
Feb 22, 6:22 PM
Nov 2015
I like many sub story grow on this episode
Feb 23, 4:14 PM

Nov 2011
when he was activating the skills, it said lv.1 - does that mean he hasnt leveld up his skills?
Feb 24, 5:22 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The new dungeon was very dangerous, he was near to died and Cerberus was the first monsters!!!
kekeke
Feb 24, 7:49 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Epiroogu
when he was activating the skills, it said lv.1 - does that mean he hasnt leveld up his skills?
Epiroogu said:

Yep, the sprint skill is level 1.
The anime for some reason doesn't show his skill menu.
Feb 24, 11:49 AM
Jan 2024
Having him testing the ropes on how strong he is, also knowing he not OP to the point he can kill everything.
Feb 24, 1:05 PM
May 2019
Is this guy never going to have to face a real challenge? Just smurfing through the entire anime at this point, what is this writing?
Feb 24, 2:49 PM
Jan 2017
Why, thats anime is enought slow
Feb 24, 2:57 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to Yaggamy
Epiroogu said:

Yep, the sprint skill is level 1.
The anime for some reason doesn't show his skill menu.
@Yaggamy Ah, I see, thank you for explanation!
Feb 24, 3:08 PM
Jan 2017
bom demais solo shitzu
Feb 24, 10:25 PM
Mar 2015
Pretty meh, if the concept wasn't so good, would've dropped this show already
Feb 25, 2:03 AM
Jun 2016
Why do they have to waste an episode on a review of the previous episodes we just watched. Suppose it is 25 episodes or it is the beginning of a next season, okay, but there are only 12 episodes in total, then it is of no use at all.
Feb 25, 5:27 AM
Sep 2021
Sung really had a tough competition this time, he barely survived thanks to his observation & intelligence.
Feb 25, 8:43 AM
Mar 2023
Building tension for coming episodes while also having action-packed parts.
Feb 25, 9:18 AM

Oct 2022
@Softhenic03 He didn't get the 'Elixir of Life'. he acquired only the schematic/formula. he's missing the components/ingredients.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Feb 25, 9:20 AM

Oct 2022
Right here right now is the pinnacle of manhwa-anime releases.

Feb 25, 9:22 AM

Oct 2022
The new kind of tension building up is worth it. Makes this anime evermore engaging. Solo leveling is sequence of my life I'd never hope to forget. Sung Jinwoo is GOD.

Feb 25, 4:00 PM
Jun 2015
every episode is a banger i cant wait to see how the season ends.
Feb 25, 6:13 PM
Sep 2020

I love how Jinwoo learned from his mistakes and decides to return to the castle when he's stronger.

At one point the animation of the Cerberus looked funny.

I love how he repeatedly stabbed the eye of the Cerberus like the previous dungeon boss to kill it.

Jinah has a cute pout.

I guess Jinwoo might need to increase his intelligence just a little for better strategies and decisions.

Do you think Jinwoo can join drinking contests and win money?
Gio G. Lingad
Feb 26, 7:19 AM
Aug 2015
im a very simple man and every ep ive really liked :)
Feb 26, 12:22 PM
Dec 2019
Its a great mix of modern age and fantasy!
Feb 29, 7:57 AM
Sep 2023
cool ep, although the previous one was the best until now
Mar 1, 12:13 PM
Jan 2017
was pretty cool :o
Mar 1, 2:07 PM

Jul 2017
The status report from the Giant Arachnid boss about Jinwoo and Dongsuk, which turned out to be the infamous Hwang Dongsoo's younger brother, it immediately brings notice to the Hunters Guild Association, as much as Jinah is relieved seeing her brother back, along with chicken and alcohol. The latter part being digested by the system so that he does not get drunk, it serves as a reward from the dungeon quest. The trust fund kid Jinho calling him to be part of his strike guild team to succeed his own family's business of Yoojin Construction's line, he needs Jinwoo's dependence to get far, knowing his true status as a false ranker. The trade for 19 C-rank raids for 30 billion, unless if he was the person before himself he would've jumped at the opportunity, but things have changed. It's the same for Hwang Dongsoo targeting both Jinwoo and Jinho for time to come.

Jinwoo's daily quests have hit a snag, though finding that he can race the system at double its requirement, unleashes a secret reward, which he unlocks a key to an S-rank dungeon, which finds the Elixir of Life that he can use to heal his ailing mother, then that's the only quest he'd take. Even with all the skill upgrades he got, facing the Hell's Gatekeeper Cerberus is no simple task as it's governed by the same system. And along with all of the potions Jinwoo can take, poison does the best, allowing him to be buffed by a minimum, and against all odds, defeat the Cerberus with the little of his remaining life.

True indeed, the Demon King's castle is the only way for Jinwoo to get the Elixir, but it's going to be an exercise in patience.
Mar 1, 6:28 PM
Jun 2020
Loved it!! perfetctt
Mar 2, 11:34 AM
Jun 2019
basically just talking no fight but next couple epis are going to be lit
Mar 2, 2:30 PM
Jun 2013
I almost didn't enjoy this episode because I was hoping Jin-Woo wouldn't actually go straight into the dungeon as dry as he did. And I wouldn't have minded as much if he had actually left earlier. I'm only glad that, despite his recklessness and desperation, he finally reached the realization that he's not strong enough to keep going. So I hope he either understands he needs help instead of trying to do things alone or gets stronger. I was also disappointed that he was able to defeat another monster that was stronger than him so quickly, but I suppose that is what it is.

I did enjoy that we were able to see more about the UI and more of the mechanics that's available to Jin-Woo. And as well, how he utilizes it to his advantage. Without it, he surely wouldn't be able to survive the situations and monsters that most hunters couldn't.
Mar 2, 2:38 PM
Apr 2023
deg said:
@Alkimia nah drop it since its a simple power fantasy story the hero will keep growing in power until no one can stop him anymore so thats it

if youre not enjoying it so far you will not enjoy it later on too

I agree, the fight had some unnessecery bits
Mar 2, 4:11 PM
Jan 2021
Well damn. I didn’t expect to see Jinho again but I thought that he would take interest in Jinwoo. Regardless, I wonder why Jinwoo didn’t accept his offer. Yes, in the long run the system will likely get him more, but for now the priority is taking care of his family.

So it seems for the secret quest, Jinwoo has to double his daily strength routine and it so happens that he got a key to the Demon’s Castle that would allow him to get the Elixir of Life, which would allow him to cure his mom. If he were to use this, he would need to explain how he acquired this without revealing his secret. But that’s for another time since the S Rank Cerberus required him to use Kasaka’s Venom Gland (which from the looks of it; he has a blessing that took away the -35% debuff; I’m shocked that it had to be used this soon).

How long will it take for Jinwoo to get strong enough to get through the Demon’s Castle and end his mother’s suffering? What will Jinho do to get Jinwoo on his side? I’m excited to find out!
Mar 3, 12:45 AM

May 2015
Jinwoo is at the level of fighting mythical beings like Cerberus. The fact that he didn't get one tapped and infact beat it shows how strong he is!
Mar 4, 1:37 AM
Jul 2022
Awesome episode! amazing visiuals!
Mar 5, 4:13 PM
Dec 2021
The best episode so far
Mar 6, 11:08 AM
Apr 2023
omg so beatiful and good I love it
Mar 9, 4:55 AM
Dec 2014
Wow, this is really good! I love how the anime incorporates the things Jinwoo has already learned in missions, they're not forgotten. I think the anime is very well put together. And this leveling-up mechanic is really cool. I wonder if there's a maximum level? Or will he surpass it infinitely?
Mar 9, 7:10 PM

Dec 2013
I'm curious about how long he can keep his current abilities a secret. He can't hope that everyone will be as willing to keep his secret as the trust fund kid.

The action in this keeps being amazing. Although Jinwoo is still being way too reckless going into an S-rank dungeon. Even if he did have the teleportation stone.
Mar 12, 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
Cerberus was A-rank right? So he's not that far off. I think he's leveling up way too fucking fast lol. I love it though
Mar 14, 2:11 PM

Mar 2010
I don't blame him for just jumpin in head first. I'm guessing he prepared before going in.. but he just barely made it..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 16, 2:30 PM
Jan 2024
I love this anime <3
Mar 20, 11:58 PM

Dec 2022
he needs to level more... he will do it solo
Mar 21, 4:29 PM

Jan 2021
It's time to go and grab all the wheat and giant's toes we can until we reach 100 Alchemy
Mar 24, 9:11 AM
Jul 2020
Love the Manwha and love this just not asss good
Apr 1, 6:39 PM
Jan 2024
It was awesome, love the fights in it so much plus well made. To be fair i loved all the episodes
Apr 3, 12:54 AM

Jan 2017
That was fast, a solo S-rank dungeon dive already whew.

Boy he's made a legit human enemy, shit cant be good
Apr 3, 7:49 AM
Feb 2020
the animation is so good!
Apr 10, 3:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn S rank dungeon monsters are no joke, he barely made it and he needed to buy items to defeat that monster... at least now he knows how to cure his mother's illness
Apr 10, 10:32 PM
Mar 2024
I like how they manage to put out good fighting scenes without the art style being crazy, like kny
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

314 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

441 by NixonSixon »»
Sep 23, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Which k-pop artist do you want to do the op for the next season.

Hickykissy - Sep 16

16 by H-Callahan_XXII »»
Sep 23, 12:27 PM

» Is it available on Netflix?

Hickykissy - Sep 20

14 by MadanielFL »»
Sep 23, 9:08 AM

» Jeju Island is already been animated.

Hickykissy - Sep 17

7 by Philadelphia07 »»
Sep 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.