Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 27, 2023 7:54 PM
Dec 2021
MadanielFL said:
The last great Mappa anime was Idaten Deities. 

Underrated goated anime
Aug 27, 2023 7:59 PM
Aug 2022
MAPPA he ruined it he rushed out the anime and that hurts me because I read the manga before the anime and I expected a good adaptation but MAPPA he rushed to get it out and it was not enjoyed properly
Aug 27, 2023 8:06 PM
Jun 2022
the animations are not bad at all. all the anime MAPPA have made have completely different art styles in order for them to have their distinctions. but, y'all are expecting way too much from MAPPA at the end of the day. they're focused on JJK S2 as well and i'm sure so many of the animators and the artists are stressed out of their mind.
Aug 27, 2023 8:52 PM
Aug 2022
ktg said:
Lol, even with its mistakes, it has better quality than CSM or JJK S2 has. JJK S1 is better, but that's better than all 3 of these.
And they are weak, because they produced them after taking over SnK. After that there was a pretty obvious drop in quality.
The only show that was produced after that and has good quality all in all is Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi.

u should go and watch the shibuya arc trailer jjk s2 has the best animation till now watch in 4k
Aug 27, 2023 10:02 PM
Sep 2021
bait used to be believable
Aug 27, 2023 10:31 PM
May 2016
demonaman293 said:
ktg said:
Lol, even with its mistakes, it has better quality than CSM or JJK S2 has. JJK S1 is better, but that's better than all 3 of these.
And they are weak, because they produced them after taking over SnK. After that there was a pretty obvious drop in quality.
The only show that was produced after that and has good quality all in all is Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi.

u should go and watch the shibuya arc trailer jjk s2 has the best animation till now watch in 4k

Sorry, trailer means nothing. Like in SnK's case, the trailer looked better, because later on, they reanimated stuff in the series.
Aug 27, 2023 10:49 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
It got worse as the season went on, like many anime do :((

(Blue Lock was another noticeable one - went from 11/10 to like 7/10)

Not bad or anything but just not top tier
Aug 27, 2023 11:01 PM
Aug 2023
Ion give a shit if the animation was bad. Personally, I didn’t even notice anything wrong w it. It’s a bangin ass show and that all I have to say 🥂
Aug 28, 2023 12:49 AM

Apr 2021
ktg said:

Bro doesn't understand MAPPA's working system and decided to pull this out of his ass
Aug 28, 2023 1:11 AM
May 2016
CreepHazard said:
ktg said:

Bro doesn't understand MAPPA's working system and decided to pull this out of his ass

Bro keep repeating the same shit without any proof and couldn't even refute a single thing.

No, even MAPPA mentioned this in an interview that they need to change their working system after taking over SnK, because there were too many people leaving and they wouldn't be able to adapt anything. So, MAPPA perfectly knows that there's problem and you can tell this by their productions. You are actually calling MAPPA a liar here.
Aug 28, 2023 1:25 AM

Apr 2021
Short answer: Because MAPPA's producing too many shows

Long answer: (I really recommend you watch the video linked at the end)
So MAPPA has 3 major productions pipelines
The Seshimo team under Animation producer Seshimo Keisuke, who basically runs an insanely talented team of animators. They're currently handling JJK and Chainsaw Man on a b2b basis
The Attack on Titan pipeline under Wataru Kawagoe who are basically sweating their balls off producing Attack on Titan with a terrible schedule, although it's sort of under control now
The low priority pipeline under Animation producer Takahiro Ogawa which handles stuff like Tondemo skill and Dance Dance Danseur, although they do look good.

Here comes Jigokuraku. MAPPA literally didn't have any real animation teams to work on the show, no main action animator or anyone solid that could lift the show up from its grave. And hence it became a lifeless adaptation riddled with production meltdowns and yet somehow didn't get delayed at all.
So the extended answer is MAPPA literally had all their production pipelines filled and couldn't find any new animators to work on the show, add to that a very bad schedule and we get an extremely inconsistent animation.
But although that was the case with ANIMATION, the actual animation directors and show directors were very talented people, including the main director (I forgot her name)
So yeah basically no more fuel to run

watch this video for an in depth dive into the animation production of MAPPA over 2020-2023:
https://youtu.be/E4jtUEQIA6I?si=Rp_MKXshtDuaKcHR
Aug 28, 2023 1:48 AM

Apr 2021
ktg said:
CreepHazard said:

Bro keep repeating the same shit without any proof and couldn't even refute a single thing.

No, even MAPPA mentioned this in an interview that they need to change their working system after taking over SnK, because there were too many people leaving and they wouldn't be able to adapt anything. So, MAPPA perfectly knows that there's problem and you can tell this by their productions. You are actually calling MAPPA a liar here.

"deep breath"
1. Link the interview
2. You still think the same animators churn out AOT, CSM, JJK and all other MAPPA anime? Do you you even know about production pipelines? And the AOT thing wasn't even MAPPA's fault. I mean they could've just not picked it up, but it's the production committee that rushed the production and gave an early deadline to WIT Studio that literally made them drop their biggest IP
3. How is that even remotely related to you having extensive knowledge about how anime is made and how MAPPA works?
I dunno how baiters get so much fun off getting insulted? Is this masochism?
CreepHazardAug 28, 2023 1:54 AM
Aug 28, 2023 8:58 AM
Dec 2022
MadanielFL said:

the story could've been better though
Aug 28, 2023 1:30 PM
Jan 2017
Gui_silva23 said:
They wasted all of their resources on vinland saga and jujutsu s2
Plus most of the Anime was outsourced to China, which would always made the animation worse
And their schedule was really bad too
That's all the factors that made the animation bad

Wasting resources on vinland saga? how is that a waste?
Aug 28, 2023 1:32 PM
Mar 2023
Zimzky said:
Gui_silva23 said:
They wasted all of their resources on vinland saga and jujutsu s2
Plus most of the Anime was outsourced to China, which would always made the animation worse
And their schedule was really bad too
That's all the factors that made the animation bad

It's a expression
You can also say "used" but "wasted" felt more appropriate in the phrase
Aug 28, 2023 1:34 PM
Jan 2017
Gui_silva23 said:
Zimzky said:

It's a expression

Wasting implies that it's spent poorly. At least for me. Maybe it's different for you.
Aug 28, 2023 1:37 PM

Oct 2013
I think Hell's Paradise S1 has good animation. Not consistent sakugafest, of course. But nevertheless, it is good and better than the animation of most of seasonals.
Aug 28, 2023 1:40 PM
Mar 2023
Zimzky said:
Gui_silva23 said:

It's a expression

Wasting implies that it's spent poorly. At least for me. Maybe it's different for you.

In my language used and wasted means the same thing, I should've had searched if it made sense in English before writing it. Sorry
Aug 28, 2023 1:53 PM
Jan 2017
Gui_silva23 said:
Zimzky said:

In my language used and wasted means the same thing, I should've had searched if it made sense in English before writing it. Sorry

No no man it's all good. It's my bad that I assumed English would be your first language.
Aug 28, 2023 4:34 PM

Apr 2022
yeah, by far mappa's worst. i liked the manga as well but i can't imagine defending that adaptation. calling it better than csm is a whole other level of clownery, i'd rather not waste my time in that conversation.
Aug 28, 2023 10:21 PM
Jan 2021
ktg said:
Polar_Opposite said:

Both of the anime were better than hell's paradise. Hell's paradise had too many inconsistencies that were hard to ignore. I didn't notice anything too bad to ignore in CSM or JJK.

From my experience, Hell's Paradise felt rushed unlike the other 2 anime. The first 3 episodes were good but the quality fell off every new episode.

No, animation-wise they are weaker. You could have at least read my longer explanation where I mentioned examples.
Btw, it is a pretty bad argument that YOU didn't notice anything. Like if I say I didn't notice anything in Ex-Arm, then it is better than any of these shows?

While what you call inconsistency, is probably the style of the show. The inconsistencies were pretty regular, they were consistently there, consistently inconsistent (aside from some actual mistakes).

Always going back to Ex-Arm is kinda sad… looks like you just want to have your way of thinking, always bringing back the same argument, which isnt even in the discussion… if you have watched Ex-Arm, then you can at least say that JJK and CSM are not as bad as that thing… Comparing this show with Mappa shows is just not relevant on anyway... It’s just not on the same level of animation… Try to listen to others and not be stuck in your Ex-Arm bubble, see what the others have to say, without throwing shade… Have a nice viewing experience on your next shows ! ;) (Sorry if my english is bad, I’m french)
Aug 28, 2023 10:28 PM
Jul 2022
I personally think that the animation is not that bad. I mean the quality of JJK 2 is IN FACT worse than jigokuraku :)
Aug 28, 2023 10:51 PM
cote goat
Mar 2018
you are spoiled lmao
Bocchi is my spirit animal :)
Aug 29, 2023 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
It didn't look abhorrent or anything but I really hate how crappa will heavily prioritize some series over others. It feels disrespectful to the people who made the source material to have their passion project that they put everything into being turned into rushed out, B-team seasonal shlock.

Maybe they'll care more on season 2.
Aug 29, 2023 2:18 PM

Jan 2022
It's "bad" by MAPPA standards, but it's average or above average in my overall assessment. You can say they didn't prioritize this show among their vast ongoing portfolio i.e. it's done dirty.
Aug 29, 2023 5:42 PM

Jan 2021
Because it is a MAPPA anime, you answered yourself in your own explanation.
Aug 30, 2023 2:19 AM
Jul 2022
ktg said:
DexterDrubo said:

Fuck off lmao. You don't even have a inch bit of knowledge about animation. JJK S2 and CSM has the bets animation among all MAPPA Animes. JJK S1 is not even close to JJK 2.

Also Hell's Paradise had bad schedule and also it wasn't as big as JJK.

That's a pretty bad take, because it actually proves that YOU don't have any knowledge.
Everything you said about Jigokuraku does not necessarily mean that the quality drops because of those. Shaft used to having the worst schedule while they were animating Monogatari series or Madoka Magica and those shows still look really good. And Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi is also not as big as JJK, but still it's the best MAPPA animation from the recent years. This pretty much refutes your stupid take.

As for JJK S2, they had to make the characters' design more simple compared to S1, because they wouldn't have been able to keep with the schedule. So, they obviously lowered the animation quality. You can see this lack of details in shadings and lights on the characters. For example:
S1 (flashback): https://staticg.sportskeeda.com/editor/2022/09/14d2e-16641961761018-1920.jpg
S2: https://cdn.oneesports.gg/cdn-data/2023/07/Anime_JujutsuKaisen_Season2_GojoSatoru_GetoSuguru_GegeAkutami.jpg
The quality of the pictures isn't the greatest but you can still see the difference.
Obviously there are some aspects where the animation is better like the background, but the most important part is the characters and that's worse.

As for CSM, they used CGI heavily, while they are fully aware that their CGI isn't the greatest. It's relatively weak compared to other studios. It's not necessarily a problem, because they did everything to hide it, but this heavy use introduced a lot of mistakes, because the 2d and 3d integration broke a couple of times.
Here's one example: https://prnt.sc/it1B9lwiPQqV

So, it is pretty obvious that there are mistakes and pretty obvious that you failed to recognize those or you just lied about them for whatever reason. In either case, your take is pretty invalid if we are talking about animation.

sparFuu said:

Bait used to be believable

That's how you know it's not a bait. These are facts.

First of all, simpler art style doesn't make quality bad lmao. I love less detailed art style. Anime like Haikyu, DBS Movie, Naruto's fight used this style and it looks good. Also it's kinda obvious the style is to portray the past (as the color and style already differs from the Shibuya Arc trailer). Art Style is subjective.
JJK had better pacing, animation, VA, Direction etc than Hell's Paradise.

CGI is also animation and it wasn't as used as you think and it was well made too. Even demon slayer used CGI. Chainsaw Man animation, quality, details, VA..everything was off the chart (just watch the Aki household chore scene).

If you wanna talk about details then get lost cuz that doesn't necessarily upgrade or degrade the quality.

I don't even know how you said Hell's Paradise had better quality (see the scene whr the little girl was crying) or see how inconsistent the animation was throughout the anime and the pacing was also bad by the end.
Aug 30, 2023 2:21 AM
Jul 2022
AwokenStroken said:
It didn't look abhorrent or anything but I really hate how crappa will heavily prioritize some series over others. It feels disrespectful to the people who made the source material to have their passion project that they put everything into being turned into rushed out, B-team seasonal shlock.

but that's the case for almost everything. Obviously people will care about things which is hyped af (JJK, CSM, Demon Slayer)
Aug 30, 2023 2:25 AM
Jul 2022
K-Arlovski said:
Imo it was acceptable but i agree that we shouldnt let mappa downgrade their animation blatantly and get away with it scott free. How far will this cascade of cheapness go?

pretty sure they delivered good things 90% of the time (CSM, JJK, Terron In Resonance, AOT, Vinland Saga, Dororo, and maaaaanyyyy other anime).

It seems like you guys have way high expectations from Mappa cuz Hell's Paradise has better animation that other overall animes (ofcourse it's bad when compared to Mappa's other projects)
Aug 30, 2023 4:54 AM
May 2016
Yetikils said:
ktg said:

No, animation-wise they are weaker. You could have at least read my longer explanation where I mentioned examples.
Btw, it is a pretty bad argument that YOU didn't notice anything. Like if I say I didn't notice anything in Ex-Arm, then it is better than any of these shows?

While what you call inconsistency, is probably the style of the show. The inconsistencies were pretty regular, they were consistently there, consistently inconsistent (aside from some actual mistakes).

Always going back to Ex-Arm is kinda sad… looks like you just want to have your way of thinking, always bringing back the same argument, which isnt even in the discussion… if you have watched Ex-Arm, then you can at least say that JJK and CSM are not as bad as that thing… Comparing this show with Mappa shows is just not relevant on anyway... It’s just not on the same level of animation… Try to listen to others and not be stuck in your Ex-Arm bubble, see what the others have to say, without throwing shade… Have a nice viewing experience on your next shows ! ;) (Sorry if my english is bad, I’m french)

Lol, I reacted to YOUR argument, you wanted this argument to be part of this discussion.

Second, you are the only one who compared Ex-Arm to MAPPA's shows. I didn't compare anything. I used your logic, the same logic to legitimate MAPPA's move, to show what would happen in the future with every show if we accept your logic. No one said that Ex-Arm is similar to JJK or CSM. I use Ex-Arm as an example, because then I don't have to argue about Ex-Arm's qualities, because both of us know it's not good.

Third, if listening to others had been a valid argument like ever, then the world would have been still considered flat and the reason behind thunder storm would have been still God's anger. Most people have obviously zero knowledge about animation or don't even try to analyze the animation and many of them simply fangirling over the show. I multiply times actually SHOWED the mistakes and people ignored. So, realistically, people should listen to me, by your logic.

Talking about the "Ex-Arm bubble" is pretty funny, because you were the only one in this whole thread who were talking about it nonstop in his reply. I used it as an outcome we want to avoidm while you were trying to compare it to other shows. Pretty pathetic.
Aug 30, 2023 5:40 AM
May 2016
DexterDrubo said:
ktg said:

That's a pretty bad take, because it actually proves that YOU don't have any knowledge.
Everything you said about Jigokuraku does not necessarily mean that the quality drops because of those. Shaft used to having the worst schedule while they were animating Monogatari series or Madoka Magica and those shows still look really good. And Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi is also not as big as JJK, but still it's the best MAPPA animation from the recent years. This pretty much refutes your stupid take.

As for JJK S2, they had to make the characters' design more simple compared to S1, because they wouldn't have been able to keep with the schedule. So, they obviously lowered the animation quality. You can see this lack of details in shadings and lights on the characters. For example:
S1 (flashback): https://staticg.sportskeeda.com/editor/2022/09/14d2e-16641961761018-1920.jpg
S2: https://cdn.oneesports.gg/cdn-data/2023/07/Anime_JujutsuKaisen_Season2_GojoSatoru_GetoSuguru_GegeAkutami.jpg
The quality of the pictures isn't the greatest but you can still see the difference.
Obviously there are some aspects where the animation is better like the background, but the most important part is the characters and that's worse.

As for CSM, they used CGI heavily, while they are fully aware that their CGI isn't the greatest. It's relatively weak compared to other studios. It's not necessarily a problem, because they did everything to hide it, but this heavy use introduced a lot of mistakes, because the 2d and 3d integration broke a couple of times.
Here's one example: https://prnt.sc/it1B9lwiPQqV

So, it is pretty obvious that there are mistakes and pretty obvious that you failed to recognize those or you just lied about them for whatever reason. In either case, your take is pretty invalid if we are talking about animation.

That's how you know it's not a bait. These are facts.

First of all, simpler art style doesn't make quality bad lmao. I love less detailed art style. Anime like Haikyu, DBS Movie, Naruto's fight used this style and it looks good. Also it's kinda obvious the style is to portray the past (as the color and style already differs from the Shibuya Arc trailer). Art Style is subjective.

CGI is also animation and it wasn't as used as you think and it was well made too. Even demon slayer used CGI. Chainsaw Man animation, quality, details, VA..everything was off the chart (just watch the Aki household chore scene).

If you wanna talk about details then get lost cuz that doesn't necessarily upgrade or degrade the quality.

I don't even know how you said Hell's Paradise had better quality (see the scene whr the little girl was crying) or see how inconsistent the animation was throughout the anime and the pacing was also bad by the end.

"First of all", it does make but not bad, just worse. Okay, okay, it usually does make it worse. There are some extreme examples like comparing a highly detailed static image to animation. But normally if you have a highly detailed animation that was animated on 2s compared to a less detailed animation that was animated on 1s, then the formal is better.

Second, your examples are bad, because no, in DBS Goku's hair had more detail than the whole character had in JJK S2. Haikyuu has more detail than JJK S2 and when Haikyuu had less detail in S4, everyone complained about the "bad" animation, which clearly means that I'm right about this.
In Naruto it's actually true, but even the hardcore fans say that it made the animation bad. The memes about Naruto's characters where you can see how fk'd up they looked where always during fights.

Third, JJK S1 had better animation than Jigokuraku, but sadly, not S2. VA'ing was the same in both show. Pacing is pretty subjective, so you are talking about your taste and direction was pretty similar all in all. I mean JJK S1 direction was worse than Jigokuraku's, because in JJK S1 we got the basic shounen route. JJK S2 direction was better than Jigokuraku's, but these are too small changes to make any different.

Fourth, I've never said that CGI is not animation and no, it wasn't as well made as you think. In CGI, I don't exactly know how anime studios handle in-betweens, but there were mistakes there. Btw, you seems like you think I don't like CG, which is not true and I wasn't talking about that either. I have no problem with CG. I think Trigun Stampede, Houseki no Kuni looked great, both of them CGI shows. The problem is when a studio can't handle CGI that well and still uses it.
CSM was a great example how not to use CGI when you don't have the necessary knowledge to handle it, because it will create mistakes that you will miss if you don't know what you are doing. Like this:
https://prnt.sc/it1B9lwiPQqV
This problems only happens when you fk up the 2d and 3d integration.

Yes, the details matter, because every fights of the year scene were highly detailed in the last like 20 years in the anime industry. In the usual course of animation details really matter and it's easily change your animation quality. Like I mentioned before, there are some extreme example where it doesn't or it has the opposite effect, but we are not talking about those cases.

You are calling Jigokuraku's STYLE inconsistency. That's the different. Jigokuraku's was REGULARLY inconsistent, it was CONSISTENTLY inconsistent and when it is consistent, then it can't be an inconsistency issue. They went with this junky style that looked unique compared to other shows. Obviously there were other mistakes, but it's still better than CSM or JJK S2, while JJK S1 is still better than Jigokuraku.
Aug 30, 2023 6:11 AM
May 2016
CreepHazard said:
ktg said:

"deep breath"
1. Link the interview
2. You still think the same animators churn out AOT, CSM, JJK and all other MAPPA anime? Do you you even know about production pipelines? And the AOT thing wasn't even MAPPA's fault. I mean they could've just not picked it up, but it's the production committee that rushed the production and gave an early deadline to WIT Studio that literally made them drop their biggest IP
3. How is that even remotely related to you having extensive knowledge about how anime is made and how MAPPA works?

"deeperererererer breath"
1. About how the taking over happened: https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1313783185344348160
An interview about the "unprecedented workload": https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1885311&msgid=61536959
Comment on the Part 3 split from MAPPA: https://animehunch.com/mappa-reveal-why-they-decide-to-release-attack-on-titan-final-seasons-part-3/
2. If this is the question you want to ask me, then you have no idea how a company works. No, I've never said that the same staff worked on these projects, but a company create a framework and every projects exist within that framework. For example, if you operate a company with a rule like "the highest number of animators that are allowed to work on an episode is 5", then it doesn't matter if it's a same staff or not, all of your projects have issues because of this rule. The way MAPPA operates affect these projects and that's the outcome we see.
It's like you've never even worked for a company, because you have clearly no idea about internal processes and rules.
3. It's pretty simply. What I'm saying here is that same as what MAPPA said. So if you think I'm lying, then you implicitly say MAPPA is lying. That's the point. Because I understood that you are a troll, I decided that it is better if you try to argue with what MAPPA said and not exactly what I said, because at the end of the day even if I had 20 years experience in animating, you would still call me a liar or call me stupid without any proof. Because that's what a troll does, that's what you do.

Btw, it is pretty cute that you think you insulted me with this comment. Like in point #2 when it turned out that you have no idea how companies work. Not just japanese studios, but any company on the whole planet.
You just made fun of yourself. :)
Aug 30, 2023 8:03 AM

Apr 2021
ktg said:
CreepHazard said:

"deep breath"
1. Link the interview

"deeperererererer breath"
1. About how the taking over happened: https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1313783185344348160
An interview about the "unprecedented workload": https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1885311&msgid=61536959
Comment on the Part 3 split from MAPPA: https://animehunch.com/mappa-reveal-why-they-decide-to-release-attack-on-titan-final-seasons-part-3/
2. If this is the question you want to ask me, then you have no idea how a company works. No, I've never said that the same staff worked on these projects, but a company create a framework and every projects exist within that framework. For example, if you operate a company with a rule like "the highest number of animators that are allowed to work on an episode is 5", then it doesn't matter if it's a same staff or not, all of your projects have issues because of this rule. The way MAPPA operates affect these projects and that's the outcome we see.
It's like you've never even worked for a company, because you have clearly no idea about internal processes and rules.
3. It's pretty simply. What I'm saying here is that same as what MAPPA said. So if you think I'm lying, then you implicitly say MAPPA is lying. That's the point. Because I understood that you are a troll, I decided that it is better if you try to argue with what MAPPA said and not exactly what I said, because at the end of the day even if I had 20 years experience in animating, you would still call me a liar or call me stupid without any proof. Because that's what a troll does, that's what you do.

Btw, it is pretty cute that you think you insulted me with this comment. Like in point #2 when it turned out that you have no idea how companies work. Not just japanese studios, but any company on the whole planet.
You just made fun of yourself. :)

I don't know how you reached any of these conclusions, your 3 links speak a whole lot of nothing concerning what I said and the rest of your points were a terrible attempt at trying to insult me
If you think I'm oblivious to the fact that you're a literal troll, please know that I just enjoy arguing with people Online who literally know jackshit and deny everything while I know I'm right
Call it arrogance I guess
Aug 30, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2021
ktg said:
DexterDrubo said:

"First of all", it does make but not bad, just worse. Okay, okay, it usually does make it worse. There are some extreme examples like comparing a highly detailed static image to animation. But normally if you have a highly detailed animation that was animated on 2s compared to a less detailed animation that was animated on 1s, then the formal is better.

Second, your examples are bad, because no, in DBS Goku's hair had more detail than the whole character had in JJK S2. Haikyuu has more detail than JJK S2 and when Haikyuu had less detail in S4, everyone complained about the "bad" animation, which clearly means that I'm right about this.
In Naruto it's actually true, but even the hardcore fans say that it made the animation bad. The memes about Naruto's characters where you can see how fk'd up they looked where always during fights.

Third, JJK S1 had better animation than Jigokuraku, but sadly, not S2. VA'ing was the same in both show. Pacing is pretty subjective, so you are talking about your taste and direction was pretty similar all in all. I mean JJK S1 direction was worse than Jigokuraku's, because in JJK S1 we got the basic shounen route. JJK S2 direction was better than Jigokuraku's, but these are too small changes to make any different.

Fourth, I've never said that CGI is not animation and no, it wasn't as well made as you think. In CGI, I don't exactly know how anime studios handle in-betweens, but there were mistakes there. Btw, you seems like you think I don't like CG, which is not true and I wasn't talking about that either. I have no problem with CG. I think Trigun Stampede, Houseki no Kuni looked great, both of them CGI shows. The problem is when a studio can't handle CGI that well and still uses it.
CSM was a great example how not to use CGI when you don't have the necessary knowledge to handle it, because it will create mistakes that you will miss if you don't know what you are doing. Like this:
https://prnt.sc/it1B9lwiPQqV
This problems only happens when you fk up the 2d and 3d integration.

Yes, the details matter, because every fights of the year scene were highly detailed in the last like 20 years in the anime industry. In the usual course of animation details really matter and it's easily change your animation quality. Like I mentioned before, there are some extreme example where it doesn't or it has the opposite effect, but we are not talking about those cases.

You are calling Jigokuraku's STYLE inconsistency. That's the different. Jigokuraku's was REGULARLY inconsistent, it was CONSISTENTLY inconsistent and when it is consistent, then it can't be an inconsistency issue. They went with this junky style that looked unique compared to other shows. Obviously there were other mistakes, but it's still better than CSM or JJK S2, while JJK S1 is still better than Jigokuraku.

The last paragraph sounds like something written while high on crack
Aug 30, 2023 11:52 AM

Apr 2021
People keep bringing up JJK, CSM or even Vinland when literally neither of them gave that much impact on this. If anything, JJK and CSM hurt THEMSELVES more than they hurt any other series, given how they have too big of an overlap in staff and are produced so close to one another. And Vinland's staff is the same as S1, with some minor differences and some AOT staff participating in an episode or two.

What happened is quite literally almost a complete lack of staff and very little production time. The anime was announced like 2 whole years before it premiered, and yet it's clear the production schedule was atrocious. Kaori Makita directed Kakegurui Twin just a year prior, and the production line under Kawagoe was focusing everything on AoT. Insane levels of outsourcing and animators needed to finish an episode, only for them still look god awful. Even when there were two Jun Shishido x Omine episodes in a row for the finale, they were far from what these two can actually achieve.

And I'm not even going to bother with these "Jigokuraku looks better than the others" comments. Not noticing the problems is not thing, but claiming it looks better than the other two is either having some sort of heavy visual impairement, or just developing some sort of twisted stockholm syndrome-like thing to force yourself to say it looks "great".
Aug 31, 2023 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
DexterDrubo said:
AwokenStroken said:

but that's the case for almost everything. Obviously people will care about things which is hyped af (JJK, CSM, Demon Slayer)
Mappa put infinitely more into jjk s1 than they did with hells paradise s1 or with csm.
hells paradise and csm were more popular pre adaptation than jjk was pre adaptation.

If it boils down to prioritizing what's hyped up then they're pretty damn stupid.
Aug 31, 2023 1:20 PM
Dec 2022
The thing with MAPPA is that it can always go 50/50. Either their production is outstanding or done injustice. Plus MAPPA put 100 times more effort into jjk then they did on csm or hells paradise. Which is most likely because csm and hells paradise both already had a massive audience pre-production, but jjk did not. Them putting more effort into something that's not already successful rather than something that already is, is absolute bullshit. On top of that, they are taking in way too many projects at the same time resulting in their production level to go down. however, I'm not saying all of MAPPA's animes are bad. 99% of them are absolutely brilliant, but they definitely failed us with csm/hells paradise.
ExpiredH20Aug 31, 2023 1:43 PM
Sep 1, 2023 2:56 AM
Aug 2022
Mitsuru-Senpaii said:
Without throwing shade or anything, but I'm genuine interested why the animations of Jigokuraku feel so bad. I thought the show is from MAPPA, but this looks nothing like the quality Jujutsu Kaisen or Chainsaw Man provided. Does anyone know what the reasons might be? 

I have a somewhat different perspective on this. Personally, I believe the animation was well-executed. While it may not have gained immediate popularity at the start of the series, I think a high-quality anime always has the potential to become popular over time. Perhaps it could benefit from more attention from the MAPPA staff, which I hope to see in season 2, but for season 1, it was satisfactory.
Sep 1, 2023 9:35 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to removed-user
DexterDrubo said:
AwokenStroken said:

Mappa put infinitely more into jjk s1 than they did with hells paradise s1 or with csm.
hells paradise and csm were more popular pre adaptation than jjk was pre adaptation.

If it boils down to prioritizing what's hyped up then they're pretty damn stupid.
@AwokenStroken They absolutely did not. Season 1 had a lot of great animation, but it was hindered by terrible art direction, compositing, and Sunghoo Park being a generally unremarkable director when it comes to anything that doesn't involve action.

On the other hand, not even counting the fact that CSM was a solo-funded project by MAPPA, meaning they literally "put more" into it compared to JJK, it had way better direction, more consistent animation both in and outside of fights, and was generally a way more polished project than S1 of JJK even if it still had it's own production meltdowns by the time the final episodes rolled around.

Saying that they put "infinitely more in JJK than CSM" as if implying it was a better product overall than it is complete bull.
Sep 4, 2023 1:19 AM
Jan 2021
bro prolly watched it in 360p otherwise ain't no way you think the animation is bad 💀
Sep 5, 2023 2:46 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to MadanielFL
@MadanielFL Nah it's AOT S4P3 🙏
Aka peak Fiction
Sep 5, 2023 2:47 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to MadanielFL
@MadanielFL nah the greatest Anime of mappa is AOT S4P3
Sep 5, 2023 2:49 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to ktg
@ktg AOT is just too much Superior to others Anime of mappa and all others too
Especially AOT S4P3 was perfect in every aspect animation+SS tier writing= the greatest of all time
Sep 5, 2023 5:34 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Isekaisaretrash
@MadanielFL nah the greatest Anime of mappa is AOT S4P3
@Isekaisaretrash Not better than Idaten Deities I'm afraid.
Sep 5, 2023 11:01 PM
May 2016
Reply to Isekaisaretrash
@ktg AOT is just too much Superior to others Anime of mappa and all others too
Especially AOT S4P3 was perfect in every aspect animation+SS tier writing= the greatest of all time
@Isekaisaretrash Yes, if we forget about the 10 million plot holes that was introduced in S4, it's not that bad. Sadly, we can't forget about those, so S4, all in all, is a 7 at best currently. Though the ending could still lower the score.
And let's not talk about an animation that looked average even like 5 years ago.
Sep 6, 2023 12:31 AM
Jun 2023
in my opinion, it wasn't actually that bad. like, you cant be expecting EVERY SINGLE of their animations to look the best. the animation was good tbh. If u have ur standards set with demon slayer, AOT and jjk then you are gonna say that the animation is bad but not every single is gonna be top tier animation. like chill
Sep 15, 2023 9:59 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to ray_raz55555
in my opinion, it wasn't actually that bad. like, you cant be expecting EVERY SINGLE of their animations to look the best. the animation was good tbh. If u have ur standards set with demon slayer, AOT and jjk then you are gonna say that the animation is bad but not every single is gonna be top tier animation. like chill
@ray_raz55555 the animation was poor, it's not about setting the bar on demon slayer, jjk or aot, it's about watching a show and evaluating how it was rendered visually, and hell's paradise had too many problems for a fighting anime
Sep 15, 2023 10:01 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to JrubyJax
bro prolly watched it in 360p otherwise ain't no way you think the animation is bad 💀
@JrubyJax the animation was poor, it's not about setting the bar on demon slayer, jjk or aot, it's about watching a show and evaluating how it was rendered visually, and hell's paradise had too many problems for a fighting anime
Sep 15, 2023 10:04 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Adnash
I think Hell's Paradise S1 has good animation. Not consistent sakugafest, of course. But nevertheless, it is good and better than the animation of most of seasonals.
@Adnash you think wrong, it's not that it takes much to do better than the passable seasonal anime... but when you compare it with other slightly more refined shows, you understand how much the animation of Hell's paradise sucks
Sep 15, 2023 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Leon888
@Adnash you think wrong, it's not that it takes much to do better than the passable seasonal anime... but when you compare it with other slightly more refined shows, you understand how much the animation of Hell's paradise sucks
@Leon888 You say I think wrong, but from my perspective, what I said was rather accurate. Hell's Paradise's animation wasn't a sakugafest comparable with titans like aforementioned earlier in this thread JJK Season 1, but it really looked better than average seasonal anime. You say it doesn't take much to achieve this, but yet, we can easily notice the difference between quality of "regular seasonal anime" and shows than present higher quality than them.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Huge Problem

Leon888 - Aug 8

1 by J-Flo »»
Aug 11, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2023

330 by Stefan221 »»
Aug 4, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

359 by OnigirisBasket »»
Aug 3, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

312 by xx_moonglade_xx »»
Jul 30, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

555 by xx_moonglade_xx »»
Jul 30, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.